Warhammer 40,000 General/40kg/

Phone Bread edition

>Previous Dunking
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=783slFWP61M [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/02/15/the-visarch-chic-or-shabby/
mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Templars

Sure is slow when there's no leaks to talk about...

It's slow during work and school hours.

I want to use a DE Tantalus, but i cant find the 3rd edition of the Apoc book since the main mega went down. Anybody have it?

Repost because i want an answer, i`ve got a question

I plan to use the Emperor's Talon Recon Company for some fluffy games in the future and i just read that one of the sentinels becomes a character, does that mean that he could by my warlord and get warlord traits ?

So the Necrons are going Lawful Neutral, huh? Trazyn is even HELPING HUMANS now.

>Americans

yes

It's like 8:30 pm in Bongistan, the country of this game's origin

The Ynnari list now means I can take stick aspect warriors inside of venoms without having to deal with allies, and I can take swooping hawks and scourges together too. Wraithguard in raiders and Archons dropping squads of wraithblades onto your face.
Cool.

Fuck it, I'm going to order 12 sentinels

>europeens
Shouldn't you be asleep mate

thanks, that means that i can legally field sergeant Dauntless and his fearless warband of Sentinel pilots, ready to destroy the emperors enemies

6 are enough for that formation, but of course 12 would be better and i think they may even be kinda effective

I'm an Americal, too. Britbongs should be finishing diner about now. Tea time is serious. God save the Queen.

I just posted this in the old thread and only after that I noticed the new one opened.

Any thoughts on this list? I still have to buy everything, so I can change ideas in any moment. I plan on buying both the Start Collecting box and the other big one with 40 Gaunts, Gargoyles and a Carnifex plus other stuff because the Elite slots must be there.

when is tea time?

Alright /40kg/, I've been working on fluffing my donut steels, and would like some feedback.

>Technically a renegade Dark Angels successor chapter
>Made up of chapter marines who have fallen under the influence of Cypher or his company
>Basically the Fallen, but not 10 millennia old
>Cypher's influence is not necessarily bound to the Dark Angels, members may be drawn from any chapter
>kind of like a renegade Deathwatch, although the large majority are going to be Dark Angels
>Initiation into the chapter includes placing one's right hand upon the alleged Lion Sword, being gifted visions of the ancient past
>Marines paint their right arm red as a reminder of the visions they see
>Similar to the Deathwatch, marines repaint their armor, but may keep their previous chapter's heraldry and shoulder badge, though none of it's color
>Like the Fallen, they operate almost entirely in secret, drawing the Imperium's attention only when it benefits them
>Unit composition complies with the Codex Astartes, will be fielded using the Dark Angels Codex

The name I've called them so far is the Angels of Atonement, though this wasn't meant to be permanent. Some of my reasons for doing this is I currently play Dark Angels, but one of the people in my circle (whom I met after collecting a sizeable army) ALSO plays Dark Angels. I don't like that we can't play against each other without the table looking like my unkempt back yard. So, being that I enjoy painting MUCH more than he, I have decided to repaint my army. This way also allows me to use some bits and transfers that would never have been used otherwise, and I have an excuse to buy some of the cool chapter-specific boxes without starting another army.

So what say you, Veeky Forums? Would any of this trigger your autism to the point that you wouldn't play me anymore?

I can always shitpost about New Celestine not being a SoB.

I'd probably want to play against you more, especially if it was a narrative campaign

What is this infatuation with horrible open topped overpriced heavy weapons platforms? I was addicted to Armored Core too but I'm not a sadist

Fucking op

YE forgot the weekly Regimental Thread

>regimental-standard.com/2017/02/15/the-visarch-chic-or-shabby/

>It is the measure of the man, and not his wargear, that matters in the eyes of the Emperor.’

Also

>Congratulations to Officer Giampapa for transcribing today’s missive. He has broken the record for informational footnotes. A Commissar has been to dispatched to talk to him about wasting Departmento Munitorum paper.

No.
The only issue is that Cypher is secretive as all hell and wouldn't let a bunch of weirdos touch his sword for anything.
Also the name is off putting, are they actually atoning for something or are they just ditching the Imperium? I would seek a more appropriate title

Where I play we never discuss for. Our at least not the fluff of our OC armies. Most you'd get is "cool paint job".

It is a badass model though

I really like the premise, but not so much the name or colors. I don't really think the name is fitting, and I think red+purple is going to look weird on the table

I should stop using swype
>We never discuss fluff or at least not the fluff of our oc armies

i would wait with the fluff until we get the 3rd gathering storm with cypher

Well, I was kinda playing into the secretive thing so that I wouldn't be stepping on any established canon.

I really like the one arm painted a different color, but I feel like it ought to represent something.

If that's the case call them Cypher's Watch or something, or the Fallen Watch, a name like that suggests who they really are without having to write an essay on it

Same thing here, I think the most I've been asked is what their name is and who the founding chapter was.

So the fuck list builder app do I use now that Battlescribe is dead? For ipad.

PEN
AND
PAPER

Not to be snarky but excel works well

I've been out of the fluff loop for a while and didn't realize this was a thing.

Perhaps I ought to just stick with "Purple Dudes" for a while longer.

r8, h8, m4st3r b8

> PEN AND PAPER

Yeah if i want to piss my opponent off spending half an hour writing my list.

battlescribe is dead?
if so the WAAAGHBuilder from op

First one was castellans.

Not literally dead, but they stopped supporting the old app meaning it crashes every time I try to open it, and the new app has all 1 star reviews saying it -also- crashes when opened.

Would anyone throw a bitchfit if I modeled my Crusader squads with two chainswords and holstered bolt pistol? Not enough pistol arms and it looks cool plus it makes no difference rules wise.

short version, guiiliman wakes up and somehow ends in an alliance with cypher. They even made a new model. Will be out in a month or so

Is this already a canon chapter scheme?

Is the Cavalcade or Brood Cycle the better choice for a GSC decurion? I was thinking brood cycle for more bodies, but are the chimera and leman Russ worth it if I was going to take a Core+ Uprising + Demolition Claw?

It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes. I can do a 2k list in that time.

>Not writing your list beforehand

List-tailoring Tau scum detected

Well that's real neato for you, but it's still infinitely faster to just pick off a list and not fuck up your options or math.

Well fine, do it the efficient way you wacko

You should use this scheme instead

Probably not.

Thats not how platoons work. One platoon counts as on troops choice, and comes standard with one platoon commander and two gaurdsmen squads (not veterans)

that's just the result of carrying 2000+ points of models around with you and someone comes over and wants a 1000 point game.

Thoughts?

Nah, I just buy way more models than I actually need then shake up my list according to whim for variety.

I don't generally write until I meet my opponent because I don't know if we'll be playing 1000, 1500, 2000 or some arcane other number.

>Not having pre-defined and written up lists for every point value

The Platoon is missing 2 required Infantry Squads, since Conscripts are part of a platoon there's 3 (1 incomplete) troop choices in that detachment.

Formation CCS is missing its required transport, a Manticore/Deathstrike is missing and there's only 1 of 2 artillery units unless this is some Emp's Wrath formation I don't remember.

inb4 someone comes along and asks for this
mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8

thats not how it works
if you tank an allied detachment you need 1 troop 1hq
hq=pask

1troop = 1 veteran squad
OR
1 infantry platoon (the whole platoon is 1 choice)

a platoon has
1 Platoon command
2-5infantry squads
0 - 3? special/heavy weapon squads
0-1 conscript squad

When the Big Bong bongs several times past midde deigh.

God bless you user

Why tf this nibba look like he bout to backhand a sister of battle round her face and call her ho?

>taking half an hour to scribble down a list
Are you a special student?

It should be easy to have lists pre made for the most common point values. If someone really wants to play at 1250 or whatever, then you can just look at the differences between your 1000 and 1500 list and add some things to meet that value on the fly.

If I'm looking for a pickup game, I don't want to wait around for to to write a physical list, or watch you sit on your phone for 10 minutes and then have to read over things to make sure the program is actually right.

His pimp hand touched the alleged Lion Sword user

>It has a boner for Priest with plasmaguns
>No idea why you would like to put a plasma gun to your single wound 25 points model that is better off as support in Melee for his war hymns
I was thinking the same thing. I mean, a Priest with a Plasma Gun is worth it maybe if you have Kurov's Aquila or you put it in a Command Squad with Straken and fill it up with Plasma and the Medic because of Straken's melee buffs combining well with a Priest, as well as Monster Hunter working well with Plasma, but that's an incredible waste of points. That's like 355 points for a Guard HQ that isn't a Tank Commander.

Personally I like to take a Priest from the IA book so I can have one with the Book of St Lucius. 5 Points to make War Hymns auto-pass which is great if you only really have one giant blob. It's even better if you manage to get Forewarning from a Psyker and get a re-rollable 4++. Also Jacobus is pretty worth it too for blobs with or without the Castellans. 12 inch Counter-Attack and Fearless bubble with Castellans ingrained Hatred is solid. Plus LD9 War Hymns for the blob he's a part of.

Yes.

I mean, I'm in university now, but I still suck at basic math and have sloppy as hell handwriting because the special school I got sent to in my primary years let kids "study at their own pace" so suddenly I find out I'm four years behind in math when I'm transferred back to regular people school.

Incompetent fucks. Was a nightmare cramming back through the coursework to get caught up.

thoughts? the basic idea is to avoid the enemy trust and attack from a flank

tried to make a not-too-cheesy ynnari list

I like how the instructions to take a platoon and its effect on FOC is clearly explained in 2 sentences on top of the page.

Welp

They are great. I use them a lot too because they are den out of den cute cute and decently effective. Emperor's Talon gives Armored Sentinels Outflank too. 3 Armored Walking with Plasma Canons is 5 points less than an Executioner with more hull points. It's not as good as an Executioner, but it draws less attention, plus the other 3 Armored Sentinels could outflank with Multi-Lasers or Autocannons or Lascannons and they get preferred enemy vs one unit, and there's always something worth while like a big MC or a squadron of MCs/vehicles.

Proud of you son. Emperor's Talon is a good formation by Guard standards. It's still weak compared to other armies, but you will have fun with it. Outflanking Armored Sentinels is great.

Use notepad you mong.

excel?
Openoffice calc?

Rate my CSM list.

Death Guard Legion restrictions:
- everyone (that can) must buy MoN
- everyone (that can) gets VoTL for free
- every unit with VoTL gets: -1 Initiative, Feel no Pain (5+), Fearless and Relentless

Army List:

HQ:
Lord + Bike, P.fist, L. Claw, Mon, Sigil, VotLW - 165p

Troops:
7x Plague Marines + 2 Meltaguns, P.fist, Combi-melta, VotLW - 223p
7x Plague Marines + 2 Plasmaguns, P.fist, Combi-plasma, VotLW - 233p
Rhino + Havoc launcher - 47p
Rhino + Havoc launcher - 47p
10x Cultists + Autoguns, Flamer, 10 Mon - 83p

Elite:
3 x Chaos Terminators + 3 Combi-meltas, 3 Mon, VotLW - 130p
Helbrute + Twin-linked Lascannon - 125p

Fast Attack:
5x Bikers + 5 Mon, 2 Meltaguns, P.fist, VotLW - 185p

Heavy Support:
3x Obliterators + 3 Mon, VotLW - 228p
2x Obliterators + 2 Mon, VotLW - 152p
5x Havocs + 4 autocannons, 5 Mon, VotLW - 130p

1748/1750p.

A little weak in numbers of infantry, but I tried to make a fun list while staying overall flexible and competetive (I usualy play with friends who tend to try out different crazy lists and formations, so I can't realy expect to face any specific army/list).

P.S. The only reason I've a helbrute in my army is because I have a huge hard-on for forgeworld chaos dreadnoughts.

He plays 40k...

This may be a dumb question, but I've never dealt with Forge World so bare with me. When they say something is No Longer Available, do they mean they're waiting on restock or is it gone for good?

>- every unit with VoTL gets: -1 Initiative, Feel no Pain (5+), Fearless and Relentless
with this for your basic CSM squad, why bring plaguemarines?
especially since u are light on numbers anyway

gone/oop

otherwise its temporarily not available

I don't mean to offend, but this list is awful.
>Tyrant with all that junk
You really ought to build your tyrants for one job or another, not multiple. Drop the lashbone unless you know you're fighting something that hits faster and harder, or swap the stranglethorn for scything talons.
>Tyrant guard at over 200pts
If your tyrant is screened well enough, you won't need 3, and certainly not 3 with crushing claws. Two maybe, I've gotten solid results with one usually.
>3 expensive warriors
Again, give the squad one job. Time spent shooting is time not spent on running, and vice versa. Drop the guns for scyth tals and use bones words unless initiative is that much of a problem.
>expensive hormagaunts
Rule of thumb: never take more than one upgrade on gaunts. They become too expensive for their survivability, and will bleed points unless cheapened up.
>big blob o gants
This isn't bad, but I'd suggest breaking them up into two or three squads for flexibility.
>Hive guard
Not bad, just make sure they're aiming for light transports and fliers if possible, that said, you have better options for AA.
>3 zoans in a squad
Wanting the neurothrope is ok, but you're costing yourself synapse range and a possible instant KO if someone starts hammering them with S8 or higher. The biggest issue with this list is the low and vulnerable synapse count.
>3 venoms in a squad
You really should only take two. Taking separate units of these guys will be more helpful when possible.
>(assuming) can opener fex in the transport
Solid, but needs support from one or two other deep striking squads.

I'd focus on spending fewer pts per model and stacking up the body count.

Then I am pissed as I was looking at the page earlier in the day, it was there, and I was thinking about buying it when I got off of work. God dammit.

I don't really get Night Lords. Doesn't playing a fluff accurate Chaos-hating warband mean you have to disregard like half your CSM codex?

>why bring plaguemarines
I like plague knives (poison 4+) and the ability to take 2 special weapons in a smaller squad (I would have to take 10CSM otherwise). And most importantly, defensive grenades, which is something a lot of people often forget.
I feel like the price difference is justified for what they get (not to mention a *free* champion).

Also, fluff. As I've mentioned, it's supposed to be a fun list.

huh? last time i looked, there was a last chance to buy? did they threw that in the bin again?

I was looking at the Caestus Assault Ram

For real though, wtf was GW thinking.

Huh that thing is gone?
drop them an email, maybe they just change some details or something

>We created Sailor Moon Incarnate

I hope so. Its one of the few Space Marine flyers I like the look of.

If you're not going with the Vectorium you shouldn't bother with the expensive plagues, cultists, terminators, helbrute or obliterators. Instead make your plagues MoN marines in numbers of 6 (so it takes 4 kills to get VP) a sorcerer lord on bike with a couple nurgle spawn then ally Vraks Renegades and fill troop choices with the best tarpit troop choice in the game, plague zombies. 4++ invuln fearless and no longer Slow and Purposeful with Vraks they're hands down the best choice you have. With a CAD of them you can make better use of their outrageous heavy support choices, rapier lasers being T7 AP2 ordnance at 20 points without extra crew and can be taken in batteries of 3 per choice is frankly broken and outperforms your autocannon havocs by unbelievable measure. Getting access to wyverns is what you need. I had written a list with Vraks Renegades being the primary detachment as the DG Legion command benefits kind of suck ass aside from eternal warrior but with that high of toughness you won't be ID'd against anything but a titan stomp. It'd also help to take a daemon weapon on your lord as LC+PF can't carry the squad like you think it will

Holy fudge, this is some SSS+ sisters model

>sees UA using some autistic retextured models made by Geedubs, even the art looks like Trannies

well i never liked Ultimate Apocalypse and Cylarne's Circlejerking shitposts anyway...

The regular marines with Mon and extra CCW are 18 points. Plague Marines are 24 points each.

So for 6 points you get:
- poison 4+
- defensive grenades

And they can take 2 special weapons in 5-man squads instead of 10.
Whatever floats your boat I guess, personally I prefer using CSM with marks.

Updated stuff basing on your suggestions: reduced many loadouts, playing two blobs of 20 Termagants, adding two small bunches of Gargoyles to add some more deepstriking...

codex CSM does suffer from shit-too-expensive syndrome already, so you should not take more than absolutely necessary, i.e. the extra CCW should go aswell.
in the end its only a T5 3+ model. It will die rather easy anyway.

For whats worth plaguemarines also get a better Ld which might be useful against psychic shriek and friends

Are Space Marine command squads actually any good?

That looks much better. You may want to modify it based on who you're playing, but looks solid.

The fuck is this shit, how do i remove this window.

But user I'm not trying to make the cheesiest list on this side of Terra

The expensive plagues, cultists, terminators, oblits and the helbrute are kind of the point. It's supposed to be a fluffy, low on numbers army that can still hold it's own and is a pain to properly kill off.

If I wanted cheese I'd go play Taudar.

Still thanks for the idea, I'll write it down, to maybe play it one day when I'm feeling particularly evil.

If you are iron hands.

If you're not iron hands, yes.

>being too retarded to use simple software

Go for a walk user. It'll do you good.

should i glue on the power backpacks for my kasrkin before priming them?