The Angel Will Fall In This Gathering Storm

So you probably all know by now of Magnus' prophecy - of one primarch turning traitor and another turning loyal. There are also rumours of a traitor primarch dying. This is my theory on who's who:

>Angron will die.
>Alpharius will join the Imperium.
>Sanguinius will fall to Chaos.

Let's take a look at where Baal is at right now in lore - sandwiched between a Tyranid hive fleet and a bunch of Khornates, with every single Blood Angel and successor chapter rushing home trying to save it (sans Lamenters, who are possibly completely dead by this point). So we've got ALL the Blood Angels converging on Baal with Khornate daemons in the mix during the End Ti- during the Gathering Storm. If Sanguinius is going to return to life, at any point in time, it would be now, with all his sons in one place and Baal in desperate need of him.

My theory is that during this battle on Baal, Angron will die. After millenia of having his soul tortured and ripped apart in the Warp, Sanguinius will finally succumb to the Red Thirst and the Black Rage, giving himself to Khorne in the midst of his madness and taking Angron's place. That may sound stupid because "muh pure angel", but what are his children, the Blood Angels, like? They are known for their furious close-combat and random bouts of madness and bloodletting. Even before the Heresy, they were second only to the World Eaters in terms of ferocity, bloody warfare, and shock-attack strategy. It's not too much of a stretch to say that Sanguinius' Flaws could be brought to the fore during this bloody battle, and escalated by Khorne's presence, until he can no longer restrain himself, giving in to the glorious slaughter along with his mad sons in the Tower of The Lost. And let us not forget this quote:

>I am my father's son, and always will be. I am the angel of his pure wrath.

Sanguinius said it himself - he is wrath, personified.

A bloody fallen angel of Khorne.

Other urls found in this thread:

shakespeare.mit.edu/tempest/full.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pxV91kIPbHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

edgy fallen angel pissing right in the head of years of lore sounds exactly like what GW might be up to, you theory sounds pretty damn possible.

isn't sanguinius dead

But didn't Sanguinius die in the Heresy? How would they even bring him back?

>So you probably all know by now of Magnus' prophecy

Keep hearing it but no one gave a source.

also alpharius going with imperium doesn't really sound too spot on, but i guess it would actually be the only sane choice since the others are daemons and would require some major asspull. Another possible thing, though unlikely imo is that they really want to squat the slaanesh and free Fulgrim.

>sangy turning
>When he's dead

yes

do people ITT really think they won't res sanguinius in end times?

Yeah this is my biggest problem. The whole not being alive bit makes this really suspect.

You can argue that his soul will be given a new body in the warp, but tends to happen only to those who swore to Chaos when they were still alive, and while dying could mean eternal torture, it isn't ever actually touched upon where souls loyal to the Emps go.

the primarchs are just tools with numbers 1-20 enscribed, they aren't even real people in the setting.

Yes, but if there's one thing we can be certain of in regards to GW, they are masters of bullshitting random crap to boost sales.

And Sanguinius would sell HARD.

My thoughts also, but this wasn't so much about who would be loyal.

do people ITT really still think Gathering Storm is 40k End Times?

the old Veeky Forums meme was that the emperor has become a dark age of technology abomination that collects all souls dedicated to him much like a chaos god, and has slowly grown over the past 10k years

do people itt really expect me to remmeber gathering storm and not just say end times instead?Also if you don't count end times' followup of all ded lel get AoS'd, end times and gathering storm are identical.

>do people itt really expect me to remmeber gathering storm and not just say end times instead?
Yes. As much as they expect you to put spaces between sentences.

>end times and gathering storm are identical.
Except End Times was designed around ending fantasy from the getgo.

I think he means in the general sense of - OH SHIT NIGGGA LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF HAPPENING SUDDENLY

YOU'VE GOT
>SHIT BLOWING UP
>SHIT DYING
>OTHER SHIT COMING BACK
>ALL IN THE SPAN OF LIKE 2 MONTHS WHOOOO

I don't know if they'll actually AoS 40k, in fact I doubt it, but GW is acting in a similar way so it's getting people triggered.

Magnus' prophecy is going to be on the same person, himself. One primarch turns traitor, another turns loyal - He's turned traitor, and now he's the primarch in the best position to have a heel-face turn and turn loyalist again, high-fiving Guilliman before giving a tag-team Demon's Elbow to the assholes who dragged him kicking and screaming to the side of Chaos in the first place.

He's going to go back to holy Terra on his planet-bicycle made of Nightmares, mean to flaunt his new power before Daddy before realizing what a fool he's been and what his Father's intent was the entire time. If he's really lucky, he'll get a headpat before he turns into a living Astronomicon in the warp, giving his father enough time to fix everything before finally dying.

I want this to be true so bad.

>Yes. As much as they expect you to put spaces between sentences.
if i wanted to meet expectations i wouldn't post anonimously, at least i am not doing extreme shitposts
also this

I'm OP and I want this to be true so bad too, but saying that originally would just cause skub.

>Angron will die

This has been touted about for ages simply because of how irrelevant he is.

No one, and I mean literally no one, will bat an eyelid when Kharn becomes the Supreme Daemon Prince of Khorne.

>Alpharius will join the imperium

Acceptable.

>Sanguinius will fall to Chaos

Doubtful. Big-E dying and ascending to godhood in the warp with Sanguinius returning being resurrected as his herald? - Plausible. Him turning bad? I don't see it especially because It's Lionel El'Johnson

What if Girlyman is branded a heretic because he's anti GOD-Emperor, caves to stop the infighting then dies again?

I'll just leave this here.

shakespeare.mit.edu/tempest/full.html

Isn't it canon that when Angron turned to chaos the nails became a feature that was non lethal?

Seen a lot of people here thinking its going to be Lion that falls. Doubt it, he is the only confirmed alive Primarch (with Gulliman coming back, one of two).

I think it might be one of the missing/wandering ones in the warp anyway like Russ but a thought just hit me, could the 2 missing primarchs be making an entrance, one becoming a loyalist and the other a traitor?

I would think it'd be easier to have one of the still living Primarchs turn traitor. Since they all at some point fucked off to the Warp, it can be said all that time spent in the asscrack of Chaos made them crazy mad like the rest of the Chaos Crazies.

My money's on Leman Russ as he is more emotional, and his gene seed is riddled with mutations. Seems like the most likely candidate for getting jiggy with the heresy.

Leman Russ is also a lot of more warp/psyker resistant, and took a bunch of Space Wolves with him.

Russ is the most loyal to the Emperor, he will not fall.

how would Sanguinius get the black rage, it was born from the psychic shock of him dying, wouldn't make a lot of sense

It affects his marines, who have a powerful psychic link with him. Maybe when he's resurrected it can affect him backwards? I don't know, the Black Rage is weird warpshit in the first place, nobody actually knows how it works.

when it comes to primarchs most likely to return we have to assume the 4 traitors closest to their chaos gods

Magnus - Tzeentch

Morty - Nurgle

Angron - Khrone

Fulgrim - Slannesh

so it's fair to assume there would be 4 loyalists in opposition, but which ones, well, which ones would sell, see pic related for that answer

>>Angron will die.
>>Alpharius will join the Imperium.
>>Sanguinius will fall to Chaos.

Angron is dead
Alpharius is dead
Sanguinius is dead

srsly user?

At least try something like this:

Magnus goes back to the Imperium.
Fulgrim dies.
Lionel Jhonson goes to chaos.

You can't really kill a Daemon Primarch, only banish one for a time.

Alpharius is dead, but Omegon, who assumed his brother's identity, isn't.

>Angron is dead
...No, no he's not.
>Alpharius is dead
We don't actually know, not even the Ultramarines were sure they got him or not.
>Sanguinius is dead
Yes, but End Times.

There are ways to kill a daemon, it's just really difficult to do and takes a powerful psyker. Though there's always the possibility (albiet incredibly tiny and almost not worth mentioning) that Angron may lose Khorne's favor and become a mortal. Or Khorne somehow loses Angron's soul.

>...No, no he's not.
the GK's killed him on Armaggedon didnt they?

>>Alpharius is dead
>We don't actually know, not even the Ultramarines were sure they got him or not.
Gulliman killed him but they are bitchy about so they say he wasnt. Anyways the AL being loyal all this time is pretty bullshit to be honest.

>Yes, but End Times.
what end times? there is no end times.

>the GK's killed him on Armaggedon didnt they?
No they banished him for, I think, a hundred years. Didn't KILL him though.

>Gulliman killed him but they are bitchy about so they say he wasnt. Anyways the AL being loyal all this time is pretty bullshit to be honest.
Yeah no one's sure what the deal with their primarch is. The whole "Alpha Legion secretly loyal thing" sounds like shit, but in lore it's interesting I guess. Alpharius and Omegon were approached by the "Cabal" and shown two futures, they picked the side that was against the Imperium but would really save the Imperium(???) in the end. So they're loyal by being disloyal... you know what that is shit.

>what end times? there is no end times.
They're calling it "The Gathering Storm" to not trigger everybody. But basically End Times yes.
Basically.

>Gulliman killed him but they are bitchy about so they say he wasnt. Anyways the AL being loyal all this time is pretty bullshit to be honest.
Yeah no one's sure what the deal with their primarch is. The whole "Alpha Legion secretly loyal thing" sounds like shit, but in lore it's interesting I guess. Alpharius and Omegon were approached by the "Cabal" and shown two futures, they picked the side that was against the Imperium but would really save the Imperium(???)

it would destroy the imprerium but save humanity

Nice deviant art shit breh, and us space wolf players are some how the degenerates?

*Tumblr

Also here, yes, you Space Wolf players are degenerate.

I'd be more interested in a primarch wondering wtf happened in their absence after looking at the shit hole that is the imperium and immediately raging against it.

This would put them against rawbutt who's consolidated power and sees it as a tragic sacrifice to maintain a status quo, and resists the idealistic but doomed primarch fighting a force as resistant as a galactic, well...bureaucracy. And the imperium tears itself apart.

But I don't expect gee dubs to write that well. It'll be Russ or Lion ham-fistedly going lawl chaos.

>dark angels
>loyalist

kek

Omegon at least seems to be the loyal one, but now he's pretty much stuck in the Alpharius role. I could see him play acting as himself and his brother to screw with people.

Bump with another picture of Sanguinius looking sorta evil.

>So you probably all know by now of Magnus' prophecy
Sick post proof then. You've post the same thread like 5 times and have yet to provide it but maybe this time right champ?

what's the quote on the prophecy you speak of op?

still waiting for russ here after the wolftime

Alpharius was killed by Dorn

rogal dorn could the primarch fall to chaos after all he was dragged by traitors with knifes to a dark portal and still in captivity for 10000 years but that was in konrad curze vision in the great crusade

>You've post the same thread like 5 times and have yet to provide it but maybe this time right champ?
Uhh... wrong user. I can't find the source for myself, and I do wish some one else would post it. I do remember reading it I'm just not sure where.

>It totally exist guys
>I read it on the internet!
No.

All I saw was a leak, man, I'm not saying it'll happen I'm saying it seems plausible. Even if you disregard that completely, it's an interesting theory anyway.

No, it isn't. None of the leak sites said anything of the sort.

If you're the OP then look how you opened this thread
>So you probably all know by now of Magnus' prophecy - of one primarch turning traitor and another turning loyal.
It's Chinese whispers of leak with no proof, from a source with no information, that nobody knows where its from. But you opened with it as fact as if we all take it as known already.

Its literally one autist(not you apparently) sperging out about Magnus becoming loyal, when that is so damn lore breaking it hurts to think about.

If you wnt to talk about that then fine, but try not to force it so hard with shitty information.

Khorne, please stop. No matter how many times you ask Sanguinius to the prom, his answer will always be "no."

Yes

I never said anything about MAGNUS turning loyal. While he IS my favorite primarch and I'd like to see some sort of redemption arc, he is utterly and completely controlled by Tzeentch with no way out of it. Even I can see that, and I'm a hardcore Tsons fan.

>Kurze was actually never killed by M'Shen (no proof since the feed cut out)
>turns loyal because Robot Girlyman is back on the scene

Just because let's asspull hard.

NO! THE ANGEL IS MINE!

I WILL HAVE MY WAY WITH HIM!

I'll believe anything at this point.

>Lorgar comes out of meditation
>Wait I was wrong
>I'm loyal now
>THANKS DAD

Yes you did And I remember you posting in the thread the other day. BUT I dont care about that. I love throwing down and arguing about the fluff. I just hate shitty rumours and people using head-canon as fluff.

P.S Magnus doesnt need redemption from the Emeperor, the Emperor needs redemption from Magnus.

Nikaea was a mistake.

>BUT I dont care about that. I love throwing down and arguing about the fluff. I just hate shitty rumours and people using head-canon as fluff.
This is fair enough. I hate retarded skub when one person uses headcanon and the other uses fluff, yet no one agrees to anything. I probably should have formatted my original post better, in retrospect. It went through several revisions so I could fit everything in that I wanted to, that part ended up getting worded poorly.

was a screencap, I don't believe I actually posted on Veeky Forums yesterday at all.

>P.S Magnus doesnt need redemption from the Emeperor, the Emperor needs redemption from Magnus. Nikaea was a mistake.

ABSOLUTELY. Emps is an ass in general, I don't like him much anymore.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the prophecy was "it will destroy humanity, but calm the warp, which is what your dad wants anyway."

Also, in deliverance lost, they are shown as succumbing to douchebaggedness pretty hard. I don't think they are loyal to anyone but themselves in 40k.

Last bump, more evil Sanguinius sort of.

Picture of this prophecy or it is not real.

Has it ever been disproven that The Sanguinor is Sanguinius reborn, or something similar?

My guess is the chaos primarch to die will be Fulgrim by Guilliman's hand in a rematch of the fight that put Guilliman in stasis in the first place.
GW seems to be in the process of removing Slannesh and this seems like the next obvious step.

as for the loyal primarch going traitor, probably one of the primarchs that fucked off after the heresy. my guess is Corax.

Traitor primarch turning loyal: The Lion

> This is now canon
Fuck you ADB.

At best, I can see Magnus becoming the dead traitor.

>he is utterly and completely controlled by Tzeentch with no way out of it.
Not a big problem for new god who can undo any Cahos shit

Does turning traitor mean falling to Chaos? Or could we just have Russ coming back and saying "Well the Imperium is fucked, I'm taking the fleet and going Viking."

Maybe he'll die doing something heroic? Maybe? Don't destroy my hopes and dreams user. I know they are wrong but don't.

Yes, but WHY would Ynnead want to? How does that benefit the Eldar or the Ynnari? Remember, Eldar and humans HATE each other, and that would go double for a CHAOS human.

I would say that the most loyal dog of the Emperor wouldn't just turn heel like that, but... GW. GW and BL writers, anything is possible - in fact, the least likely is most possible because their "twist endings" are so damn obvious and obnoxious by now.

Maybe Sanguinius was some sort of plan B from Khorne, I mean why have only one primarch? That would be like fighting with only one weapon when you can wield more.

>After Sanguinius died Khorne took his soul and transported him to his realm.
>This traumatic even was the real reason of the Red Thirst and the Black Rage
>He has spent the last 10.000 years inside a brass chamber constantly filled with the burning steaming blood of the killed in war
>Not only that, the contact with his blood has made him see and feel every single kill that has happened during all those years
>This has tore his soul and body away. When Angron Dies Khorne will release him from which he will emerge as a skinless monster with bleeding musculature and crimson wings
>The ones with the Red Thirst will mutate into vampire like creatures, similar to the Wulfen but with a Vampire theme
>The ones with the Black Rage will become berzerkers
>The ones who share both of them will become Champions of Khorne.
>Due to the Werewolves vs Vampires trope there will be a great Space Wolf - Blood Angels war.

Source on this profacy becuase I'm going to be mad fucking butt hurt if they do the meme shit on it being The Lion

>fucking bird boy of all people turning evil
>even if we skip the fact that he's fucking dead

Don't talk shit about muh boi, he, Malcador and Emps died for our sins.

>Russ is the most loyal

>Yes, but WHY would Ynnead want to?
Well Rob will just order him to do it.
>How does that benefit the Eldar or the Ynnari?
They are Guilliman's bitches now.

Okay... even if that's true (which I doubt, source?) why would Roboute want that to happen? Wouldn't they just un-chaos EVERY primarch if that were possible?

alpharius is ded. Angron will never die. shit thread.

How could Angron die? He's a demon now, at worst he can get banished for a while.

This actually sounds really cool! And something a Chaos God would do that would be smart for once.

killed by Rowboat.

Next.

Would be neato to see Magnus somehow fucking Tzeentch over.

Never confirmed in universe. Fuck overexplanationing BL shit.

Maybe he'll beat Tzeentch in a card game or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=pxV91kIPbHw

>Yes, but WHY would Ynnead want to? How does that benefit the Eldar or the Ynnari? Remember, Eldar and humans HATE each other, and that would go double for a CHAOS human.
Framing it on Slaanesh somehow. Tzeentch is pissed/amused and forging an alliance against Slaanesh with the other two.
They somehow fuck Slaanesh up considerably, it loses grasp of some Eldar souls.
This leads to more Eldar being born.

You're stretching quite a bit. But, who knows, I guess?

I want Lorgar to realise he was wrong, kill Erebus and Kor Phaeron, take direct command of the Bearers of the Word for the first time in ten thousand years, and begin a Crusade of light and dark against Abaddon and the four as an act of penance and suicide.

>I don't know if they'll actually AoS 40k
Better: Guilliman will survive all the shit going down, and lead the entire galaxy to the AoS universe.

Oh, and Space Marines will have worse stats than Sigmarines.

>implying you don't want to see archaeon BTFO abaddon, even if he is a dragonball-z villain these days

Just tried to make something up. Of course it's most likely bullshit.

Khan will turn traitor.
Scars are the least played faction and don't really have any interesting fluff besides being Mongolian Hunters that like to go fast. No loyalist customer would really miss them.
Dark Angles however are one of the games most played factions and the loyalist butthurt among the customer base would be too risky for GW.
Other choice is Corax since the Nighthaunter is dead Chaos could need a too edgy for you, teleports behind you spooky guy.

Same thing for Chaos with the Alpha Legion and the reason Alpharius/Omegon will turn out loyalist.
Least played Chaos Legion that no one really cares about.

>Same thing for Chaos with the Alpha Legion and the reason Alpharius/Omegon will turn out loyalist.
>Least played Chaos Legion that no one really cares about.

You are correct, but also, no.
No, they are the most meme-tastic faction in all of 40k, everyone knows about them.

>everyone knows about them.
Yeah but how many actually play them?
I play 40k since the late 90´s and have never seen someone with an Alpha Legion Army. Only on the net and even then they are quite rare.