Creator deity is evil aligned

>creator deity is evil aligned

Can this be made to work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7t6JfuaSW_4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil
patheos.com/blogs/faithpromotingrumor/2010/01/child-sacrifice-a-traditional-religious-practice-in-ancient-israel/
usbible.com/Sacrifice/sacrifice_israel.htm
debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2009/07/excerpt-from-my-book-on-child-sacrifice.html
huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/polytheism-and-human-sacr_b_777340.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0kut62VEt_8
youtube.com/watch?v=iCLPc2yi76w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally Gnosticism

Yes, for example if the creator's goal is to create suffering and misery with the creations, or simply creates so that he can derive a cruel pleasure through death or destruction.

Also, PoE is the dank shit

How do you know this isn't the state of things?

resist the demiurge

Sure. Life is suffering, and the sole purpose of the creator deity is to create it.

Of course, for despair and suffering to mean anything, hope must exist. Without hope, without ambition, the desire to fight on and try to make things better, you just see people fall to ennui and utter apathy.

It could actually be a really great basis for a nobledark setting. A grim, terrible world ruled by a laughing tyrant-god, but one who is to some degree fair. Heroes have a real chance to slay monsters, to win back the fragments of peace, of light, of hope from his clutches. Their struggling only makes his eventual victory sweeter, after all.

But that shining hope remains... That if you push just a little further, if you fight just a little longer, things might change. That even if you die, someone else might rise up, and that one day the tyrant-god will fall and you'll retake the world, shattering despair and bringing about a new age of light and hope.

Isn't our world like this?

fpbp

Anyone have the spurdo demiurge comic?

FUCK the demiurge

Not a new idea by any stretch - in the real world, gnosticism is pretty much this

For fictional worlds, it's kind of what the Thalmor believe in Skyrim, or the Elder God from Legacy of Kain represents

here you are

PRAISE SITHRAK

Yep

Shame it's become casul

I still like the artstyle

Idea of Evil isn't the creator.

It's just a god that mankind believed into existence because they couldn't accept a just world as being 'real'.

>The reason to create things is to see them die

It's also not technically canon, even if it's been heavily implied.

Like winding up a toy, just to see it fall off the table at the end.

Id imagine its like our actual creator.

Beyond moral scrutiny, but existentially terrifying.

PoE is so grimdark, that the final boss of act 5 is the god emperor of mankind.

Life and joy must exist to impart suffering and death.

You must also give them hope so they will perpetuate the cycle.

I honestly think this is the plot of KD.

Not inherently evil.

As in 's example, is the toy not better off for having been wound, than to have never been wound at all?

Death is a natural thing, and hatred/fear of it is only intrinsic to the human condition because it represents a leap into the unknown and unknowable.

If you game with fedoras. They love that shit.

> justify the cycle from within the cycle

You are truly sheep, mortal.

I would imagine that he likes to build things just to see them crumble. Like he would spend hours to make an enormous tower of cards just to get the satisfaction of seeing them topple.

I'm fond of the idea that the world is fucked up in large part because it was never intended to work the way it does. "We were created as bioweapons/slave labor/food" is the super short form of this, "Our home was actually a research lab/prison colony/kitchen nook" would be the common scifi version.

So in that vein, the idea that The Creator is/was "evil" in some sense is pretty easy to justify if you assume he had concerns you aren't/weren't aware of. These concerns can be as simple and asinine as "I thought I wanted pets but now I don't" or as inscrutable and unfathomable as your players can stomach.

Personally I have accepted the absurd and believe death represents nothing more than a cessation of consciousness, but as in all things perceived through our flawed mortal lens there is no certainty or objective truth that can be believed.

I still hold no fear, though.

This is not a game welcome on Veeky Forums, because it has no spears.

I cannot imagine a more revolting flaw in a piece of fantasy media.

It is particularly ironic that at the end of the trailer there is a sculpture where you kill Kitava with a spear - fuck okay maybe I play it

Of course, especially considering cases where elder god's are overthrown like in greek myth.

Live as long and as well as you can, cause Sithrak is gonna fuck you up!

No worse than us, mind!

>What is Kill Six Billion Demons - YISUN?

Before there was anything, there was everything.
And everything was One, and One was perfect in all ways.
One knew all things, but there was no One to tell all things too.
So One told the Lie.
The Lie that there was more than One.

And so there was. Creation born, not to be perfect, but to be flawed, to spin continuously along the edge of cataclysm, forever melted and reforged, always with an inherent flaw that will doom it and continue the cycle.

For that is the Lie of Life - That there is more. And One is the greatest Liar of all.

How can we go beyond this?

I feel like one cool option would be the whole "made in God's image" thing.

The creator made the world and populated it with what to them are basically effigies of everyone they hate (IE the other gods uninvolved in his creation). Odds are the creator looks pretty similar, but theirs is the ONE type of person who will never be born into this world.

While the deities themselves live a pure, unsullied, and eternal existence, the creator drags these dolls through the dirt, inflicts disease, age, injury and death on them literally just to act out a mockery of its peers. They have to kill and eat things, and defecate afterwards. They have to fuck each other, whatever.

Why on earth is there a sense that all these things necessary for our survival are impure, if not that the deity to whom we are so similar doesn't need to do these things and is disgusted by them?

Also:

>Reach heaven through violence!

mah nigga of superlative taste

>literally Gnosticism

Almost every non-monotheistic religion ever.

It's a recurring theme in real world ancient religions to have the world be created/ruled by older and more savage/primal deities that are at some point defeated and overthrown by the "good" gods (i.e. your religion's gods) that are currently worshiped.

Even if your gods can be assholes, they tend to be more tolerant to the simple idea of allowing humanity exist and even doing nice stuff for them compared to their predecessors.

youtu.be/7t6JfuaSW_4

God as an antisocial 10 year old standing over an ant-hill with a magnifying glass.

Or, conversely, God as a story director who wants to "make things interesting."

I did it in my setting. The creator knew it was imperfect, but created a legion or servants to create many perfect worlds anyways.

They've failed and made horrible, flawed, worlds. Now it's time to return them to dust.

Aww shit nigga, I was just about to post this

Also thanks guys for reminding me to catch up on this shit, I stopped reading to let it accrue some

Sounds like an end game plot twist for a Shadow of the Demon Lord campaign

That's basically the way I interpreted the Pathfinder cosmology. Asmodeus is the creator of the world (or world known to humanoids) because he was able to write the first contract, binding the power of the other gods to contain Rovagug (basically chaos incarnate). It's why he's the only evil deity who has openly public churches and shrines.

Evil creators work if they're Lawful aligned - because having stuff is a much better state for a being that wants to rule and dominate than not having stuff.

YISUN is not evil.

The heavens are in disorder. Many have realized the pointlessness and impossibility of the Creator's Plan.
Fate allows mortals to cut their threads.
Life spawns only abominations, in hopes to annihilate all its past creations- After all, if life can make life, why should its creator remain?
Only Death stays faithful to its mission, but the living grow ever more clever, ever better at evading It. And so It considers breaking its own pacts, acting above its rank, and ending this damnable world.

More neutral than evil imo.

>creator god
>creates two absolute babes as rival goddesses
>evil

good man, that creator.

Hegemony's Era is pretty close, being a staff you stab people with.

Interestingly, Cronus was a much more chill overlord towards humans than Zeus was.

Why call the creator evil? Look, he even made a pool for you!

Chill only in the sense that he gave absolutely zero fucks. While he couldn't be arsed to fuck with humans (literally), he also couldn't be arsed to go out of his way to aid one or sire a demigod or protect them anything.

He was pretty much preoccupied with being the embodiment of the ravages of time and cutting his dad's nuts off and tossing them in the ocean and eating his inbred children.

Saturn ate his kids.

Gygax solved a great problem when he made the Mother of Chaos, Tiamat, a five-headed dragon.

Basically Tiamat and her mate made the gods, and the gods were rowdy shits. When her mate went to quiet them, they killed him.

In her grief she made a fuckload of monsters to kill her children, but she was betrayed and slain, torn in half to make the Heavens and the Underworld.

To put that into perspective, the gods just want to sleep. So when you pray to them, the only reason why they reply is to shut you up so they can go back to sleep.

The mortal world was created as a means to kill immortal beings.
An immortal is sacrificed into a race of creatures who eventually die out.

You have to go convoluted when your an immortal evil 12 dimentional entity tring to kill your peers.

My idea of it is just a trickster god who made the world as their form of TV, just watching us fuck up and act retarded for their amusement, occasionally stirring the pot a bit when things get dull.

S-source... ?

Mesopotamian creation myth, as interpreted by Gary Gygax and Zak Smith.

I was just coming in to mention this.

The Sims is an excellent example of what motivations an evil god would have. Your happiness is just an incidental byproduct of the humorous death or maiming god is planning for you.

YISUN feels strongly chaotic neutral in the true sense of it

See the old testament.

People might call me edgy but as a biologist it's pretty obvious to me that if everything was created by an all-powerful deity it not the one that holds much interest in people's well-being.

“The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

>What is Kill Six Billion Demons
Is it good? I've heard it takes inspiration from Kirkbride's writing.

"It's a Good Life" Twilight Zone episode would be a good model for this kind of deity.

This is obvious to anybody other than cunts who lean on the fedora meme.

I haven't caught up with it for quite awhile but it's not so much about the writing or story as it is fucking great to look at. The amount of detail in the panels is insane.

The story is honestly not super great, but the art (if you like that kinda style) is very cool. Every random character you see has a lot of detail written into them, and you could almost imagine every single one's story.

You're conflating Kronos and Chronos.

Not surprising given it was common even in antiquity, but Kronos/Cronus was the titan of the Harvest.

The time in which he ruled was called the Golden Age, because everything was great. (Well, unless you were the gigantes, or the cyclopes, or his children)

Specifically, he did so because of a curse from his father, Ouranos the heavens.

Ouranos, pissed that his son had castrated him, declared that just as he was defeated by his progeny, so too would Kronos.

Kronos was kind of worried about that, hence the child eating.

And then it turned out the one child he was tricked into missing, grew up and overthrew him. Because that's how fate works.

(Interestingly, Zeus cut out the middle man sort of. Metis, an Oceanid, was prophesied to have a child much greater than the father. So Zeus slept with her, and then ate her. Hoping to stop the child ever being born. Too bad about that headache.)

Yeah Yahwe/Allah/God is a furious petty incompetent asshole.
But it can fuck you up so better submit and call it nice.

>my imaginary best friend is the bestest
It was also once obvious that Helios drove the sun though the sky...

Of course, that's how gods worked back then. Nice and divine don't mesh well.
And of course, creator is an interesting question.
If you make the universe by drawing up and slaying the primeval Deep, are you the creator or not?
Is Marduk a creator god for slaying Tiamat?

>Or, conversely, God as a story director who wants to "make things interesting."
Princess Tutu.

No I don't think so, since it was Tiamat and her mate that kicked things off in the primordial sea.

Which of course raises the question of the Abrahamic god and his creation. Bringing up the Deep (Tehom or Rahab) and separating it into the heavens and the earth isn't necessarily creation. Neither for Marduk, Yahweh, Tezcatlipoca and Quetzacoatl, or others.

Problem of Evil.

Any creator diety is by its nature pure evil.

His act of creation wasn't evil, but he eventually did realise that his act of creation caused evil, which he sought to rectify with... major implications.

An all-powerful deity can't be all good, because there is evil in the world.

indeed
But im afraid if way to "mundane" or limited to understand this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Dear OP, problem is that you clearly dont understand what "good" and "evil" even is
Even for christian religion, that is

Good actually is: everything God think is nice.
Like slavery, killing your neighbours(Jericho), destroying cities (Sodoma&Gomorah), and wiping most of humanity (flood) AND child sacrifices.
Surprise! yahve actually demanded child sacrifices for a LONG time, but then he and Abraham have a talk about that, and they switched from those into circumcision (ritualistic blood sacrifice)

Bad is: any thing God consider not nice, like not fucking your dead brother wife (Onan) turning around to watch a burning city (wife of Lot). Or masturbation
Also all sins are sins only for human, god in incapable of comiting sins even when hes doing exact same thing as sinners (like killing humans)

A good creator deity wouldn't have let stash tabs cost real money.

The better question is,how would making Superior evil and Demiurg good work?

After years and years of watching mortals ruin everything, constantly betray their promises, kill and rape each other, and in general, be giant turbo shits, he decided that the only correct solution is to make life so fucking shitty, that humans have to either work together, or just go extinct.

If they do work together, congrats! Humanity is back on track!

If not, oh well, time to restart with a new race.

In order for Good to exist, there must be Evil to compare it to.

Demiurge created the universe in a way so that it will constantly die and be reborn, the souls of the living being reborn with it, with new experiences and new worlds for the inhabitants to discover
Superior acts as the harbinger of misfortune and ill will, a disease of sorts that sunders the joys of life. In some cycles, it completely overtakes the universe, leaving it a bleak place for all life, while in others, it is smothered out near completely.

Im gonna bait.

What's your source for sacrificing children? Im gonna have to argue you on that one.

YISUN is both good and evil, and neither, and everything in between.

That's kind of the point.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Isaac. Come on user, that one is really easy.

God killed the children of Egypt in the Moses saga.

but this is like common knowledge user, good luck on arguing part
patheos.com/blogs/faithpromotingrumor/2010/01/child-sacrifice-a-traditional-religious-practice-in-ancient-israel/

usbible.com/Sacrifice/sacrifice_israel.htm

debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2009/07/excerpt-from-my-book-on-child-sacrifice.html

huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/polytheism-and-human-sacr_b_777340.html

its ALL in the Bible, old testament

btw -you dont even need to read it, why do you think God actually killed all firstborn in Egypt?
And why Abraham started to sacrifice his son, but was stoped by Yahve (and thing turned into circumcision)
Yahve used to be bloodthirsty god from the start, he goes "civilized" way later

surely that would just mean that your concept of morality is wrong?

Nope. Good can exist without evil.

Tales of Xillia, but with an evil god reigning over the outerworld.

once again, you are unable to even untherstand a concept of "good"

Good means what exactly for you?
Peace, love and understanding?
Then there was never in human history any civilization like that. You either killed your enemies or be killed.
Conquest new teritories or starved
Wipe the wildlife like crazy -btw one more proof that humans are evil to the core, they only consider human race as equals but all others creatures are as good as meat/resources

And good cant exist without evil, cos you need something to compare. its still wrong, cos your "good" is only (at best)
good for my god/religion
good for my society
good for me

Wanted slaves to worship him. Wanted eternal conflict. Maybe just wanted something to watch because the cosmos are so boring.

No.

>t. Trinimac

theres also Grandia 2, where Evil actually win the fight in GoodVSevil conflict

youtube.com/watch?v=0kut62VEt_8

youtube.com/watch?v=iCLPc2yi76w

The Cathars, until there were exterminated by the pope, were a sect of Christianity that believed that there were, in fact two gods. The god of the material world and the god the the spiritual.

The god of the material world made the universe and everything in it. He is kind of a dick, as he is responsible for all suffering within the world. When you die, you just reincarnate as a new person in the material world. Normally, there is no escape.

The second god, the god of the spirit, is responsible for souls. Its because of him that we have free will, and he is our only shot at getting out of the first god's control. Only by living a life that separates you from the material trappings of the world can free yourself from the material god, and give the spiritual god a chance to free you of the world on your next death.

They got in trouble with the rest of Christianity because they didn't believe in any of the sacraments, and they considered the accumulation of wealth to be a sign of having fallen to the trickery of the material god. The Eucharist was a food made from the soil, and your body would shit it out when you where done with it. It was material, and thus no trace of the divine was to be found in it. Likewise, baptism was seen as bathing a baby with an audience, water was just as material as anything else and therefore again in the domain of the material god.

The only 'rite' that Cathar's observed was the Consulation, which could only be taken once per life. It was you disavowing yourself of everything you had done in your life up until now, good or bad, and asking to be judged only on what you did with your life from here on. Which it sounds like getting your sins forgiven, it just resets your karma to 0. And since the only two options are reincarnation or being freed and joining the spiritual god, 0 is no better than being sinful. You had to do it and then devote the rest of your life to good deeds for it to help you.

Sithrak hates us all unconditionally! Stay alive or be tortured forever, no matter what you do!

>implying any predator sees its prey as equals

Put any animal in our place and it'll act the same. And do you want to know why?

Mankind is merely a symptom. The disease is Life. From the smallest bacterium to the largest tree, all Life leaves scars upon this universe which can never truly heal. The roots of plants break the stones, and the worms dig through the resulting soil. "Live" spelled backwards becomes "eviL." Coincidence? No.

The crime is Life. The sentence is Death.

>And good cant exist without evil, cos you need something to compare. its still wrong, cos your "good" is only (at best)
>good for my god/religion
>good for my society
>good for me
So basically the "good" concept is divorced from God, making it lose any metaphysical significance. Good and evil exist only relative to each other in a relativist framework, in more ideological frameworks, such as that of Christianity, good can absolutely exist separately.