/swg/ - The Empire Strikes Out edition

Previous Thread Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Star_Wars_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game
youtube.com/watch?v=A9_Lcuf1-Ng
coinsandscrolls
mediafire.com/file/sv16lex3bme86m3/Star Wars - Edge of the Empire - No Disintegrations (Bounty Hunter Sourcebook).pdf
strawpoll.me/12351623
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for alternative stormtrooper concepts.

I know Shipfag's rules are popular, but what do people think of the Snap Roll houserule to make fighter combat less fragile without sweeping rules changes?

It's just a single out of turn incidental action, here's the rules.

>SNAP ROLL - Out-Of-Turn Incidental
>Pilot Only: Yes
>Silhouette: 1-4
>Speed: 2+
>Quick reflexes and fly-by-wire systems are not only important in maneuvering a ship into a superior attack position, but are also helpful to quickly respond to enemy fire blasting away a ship's shields and hull. Snap Roll allows pilots to utilize the maneuverability of their ship and their own exceptional skill to suddenly react to incoming fire. The pilot quickly rolls, dives, or climbs to avoid part of the incoming attack as soon as his shields and armor start getting hit by a volley of blaster bolts, or he times his maneuver so only part of a missile's detonation affects his ship.
>When his ship is successfully hit by a Gunnery combat check, the pilot can elect to take a Snap Roll Incidental action and reduce the damage of the attack by the sum of their ship's Handling plus the pilot's Ranks in Piloting (Planetary or Space, whichever is applicable to the vehicle he's controlling). This sudden dodge puts the ship, and the pilot, under extreme stress and g-forces; when this incidental action is taken the ship suffers 3 System Strain (bypassing Armor) as the high-G maneuver taxes on-board systems and support surfaces. Additionally, the pilot suffers 3 Strain (bypassing Soak) as those same G-forces pull, crush, and exhaust him.
>If a person is wearing a flight suit that reduces the amount of Strain incurred from Critical Hits to the ship, they reduce the Strain they take from a Snap Roll action to 1. Droids are immune to the personal Strain damage as long as they are at a station, locked in a droid socket, or have some other means to prevent them from being bounced around the ship's interior.

Everywhere.

I legit love this design. It's going to be my go-to Mandalorian image from now on.

That's one I haven't heard in a long time...

Just barely beating out this one

Spurred on by that other user, I did a lot of work adding the new ships and pilots the 1d4chan X-wing page didn't have, and fixing obviously outdated information I caught. Complete with images too. Anybody who cares about it feel free to double check it.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Star_Wars_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game

I'm also thinking about maybe adding a section between the ships and the tactics to talk about upgrades, because I've realized that the article really doesn't explain the significance of upgrades, explain the symbols or any of that - and upgrade selection is pretty key to the game right now, once you pick the right ship or pilot (for you) and learn how to fucking fly that ship.

>little mermaid man'do

I feel the same way.

Are we doing sexy genderbent boba fett now?

So just out of curiosity, does anyone have good Star Wars images that can be used as bookmarks? Certain series of works I read, I like to have bookmarks to match them (for example, a black paper feather that reads "dark wings, dark words" for a song of ice and fire)

I've got Catalyst and Rogue One, but don't want to start them until I have a relevant bookmark. Ridiculous, I know

If only Captain Phasma looked like this

Just edited an image for you, user.

Those proportions are nightmarish.

Nah, user, this is the look Captain Phasma should be pursuing.

Gwendoline Christie's hair is still pretty short.

I wasn't talking about the proportions. Gwendoline Christie is built way differently. I just meant the general design.

If she took her helmet off, this is what we'd see anyway. See:

Shit, I'd take a thicc Manda over Cpt. Snoregasma.

Hello darkness my old friend

/swg/ what the fuck is up with pic related?

Droids made to emulate the Emperor, going around with his secret messages to people? What the fuck?

Sometimes, e-mail and holocomms aren't theatrical enough.

Is there a problem?

So, how does /swg/ feel about this:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9_Lcuf1-Ng

If there are any images of Luke and Mara being lovey-dovey in front of the NJO, someone needs to do a "Rosh, get the hose" edit.

Yeah, it's fuckin' weird. I understand the purpose of couriers, if you can't trust end-to-end encryption to get a confidential message someplace without a man-in-the-middle or something. That's not the issue.

The issue is that (a) it's a droid, which the Empire has traditionally left underutilized, (b) it's a droid, which Palpatine himself has found distasteful, (c) it's a droid with a dome face thing where the Emperor's face could appear, rather than just using a hologram, which would be reasonable and like... anything we've seen before, (d) the design looks stupid, (e) they missed an opportunity to reference the mechno-chair from The Phantom Menace. Y'know, 'cause we've already had a walking holoprojector in canon.

Bless you, you wonderful being

Imagine if that's the Emperor's take on the Decraniated with a political dissident instead.

>Anything that ends with "Explained"
Absolutely Haram.

You know, i can't find any holes in your argument.

>Any lightsaber combat explanation that uses any words other than "Akira," "Kurosawa," "Toshiro," or "Mifune"
Also absolutely haram.

>it's a droid, which the Empire has traditionally left underutilized

We see plenty of Imperial droids all over the place in Legends and nu-canon material. Where do you get the idea that they're underutilized?

>it's a droid, which Palpatine himself has found distasteful,

Gonna need a source on this. I've never heard anything like this, Legends or canon.

>it's a droid with a dome face thing where the Emperor's face could appear, rather than just using a hologram, which would be reasonable and like... anything we've seen before,

Reasonable? The Emperor? This is a man who cooked up a plan to fight a galactic-scale war against himself just to consolidate his power. This is a man who cackles while he shoots people with lightning from his hands. This is a man who has contingency plans to burn HIS HOME PLANET among others to ash when he dies, just because he can.

What part of ANY of that makes you think he'd do anything remotely reasonable?

>the design looks stupid

Opinion. Looks fine to me.

>they missed an opportunity to reference the mechno-chair from The Phantom Menace. Y'know, 'cause we've already had a walking holoprojector in canon.

The mechno-chair actually showed up again in TCW.

I think in that case, I'd rather have had them walking around with no head-dome-thing at all, and just a holoprojector at the shoulders. Or even better, a holoprojector at the waist.

And then a hologram of Palpatine can fill in the rest of the "body" of the de-torso-inated or whatever.

Or even better, just have spider droid legs holding a holoprojector.

Ah yes, ifunny.co. Real credible source, that one.

Anyway, this is clearly the right way to do it.

I would contend that "Jidaigeki" is also acceptable

Rey/Norra has been my favorite X-Wing list since HotR came out, but I have some questions about my Rey build:
1. Should I change her EPT from VI to Determination now that Kylo is in the game?
2. If she's not at PS10, is it still worth giving her Smuggling Comppartment/Inertial Dampeners?

After months of protests from some backwater planet, a very prominent voice and face of defiance of the corruption of the Empire disappears. They themselves were the hope for the disenfranchised, and now without them, any sense of rebellion is snuffed out. What few embers remain are no threat, as they don't carry the same flaming passion and are suffocating from the pressure.

Meanwhile that powerful political voice is cut out, along with their personality and individuality as they are repurposed into the Emperor's own slave, a droid with a mortal life. A shell. A warning.

Think of the implication though

>I can strip you of your very being if you ever speak out against me, turn you into a mechanized slave, and replace your voice with my own in a pants-shittingly terrifying way

You're missing
>"Chanbara"
But otherwise I agree

>Where do you get the idea that they're underutilized?

We see combat droids in the prequels, then zero in the OT era until K-2SO. We see the Empire with droids, but briefly. Usually in passing, in hallways. They're not combat models, just scouts or interrogation probes. The Rebels, however, USE droids - to fly, but also for everything R2 and C-3PO do. They're not combat droids either. The various scum factions definitely use droids though - Jabba has plenty, while we've got two assassin droids hanging out in ESB.

It might not just be the Empire, but it seems the whole setting underutilizes droids when compared to how they're used in the prequels.

>Gonna need a source on this.

I could have sworn Palpatine expressed something like "just a droid!" about R2, maybe in RotS? But I'm not sure.

>What part of ANY of that makes you think he'd do anything remotely reasonable?

Because he's not jump-the-shark-retarded most the time.

>Opinion. Looks fine to me.

Opinion. Looks like ass.

>The mechno-chair actually showed up again in TCW.

Right, so it's definitely in canon as an option, which they neglected to come up with this shitty thing.

Do you think there'd be any way to leave the consciousness of the person so that they know what is going on with their body and everything they do, while being utterly helpless to stop any of it?

>We see combat droids in the prequels, then zero in the OT era until K-2SO.
They use combat (well, "security") droids in Rebels.

>then zero in the OT era
Probably because large numbers of convincing, non-shit combat droid costumes/props would have been a hassle. I can see droid costumes also being horrendously uncomfortable while filming in, say, Tunisia.

Also, Dark Troopers are still canon.

So my plan is for my players to finish Long arm of the Hunt and eventually go into Hutt Space and work for a low ranking Hutt to help him climb the social ladder. I'm slightly stumped for quests, any ideas?

>I could have sworn Palpatine expressed something like "just a droid!" about R2, maybe in RotS? But I'm not sure.
You're definitely misremembering. Palpatine doesn't really have any interactions with the droids at all in the movies - the scene in the picture above from the crash of the Invisible Hand is quite literally the only one where he's with R2, and one of only a handful of scenes where he's got a droid in the room with him that isn't a camera drone - basically that, the meeting with the Jedi leaders at the beginning of AotC, and the end of RotS in the medical center are the only three scenes I can think of with him and a droid on-screen together - and he definitely never expresses displeasure at the use of droids.

You might be thinking of a scene from an episode of TCW where they try to get Anakin to leave either R2 or 3PO to be destroyed, and he adamantly refuses (obviously).

>Right, so it's definitely in canon as an option, which they neglected to come up with this shitty thing.

It could be that he's not using it because it's a non-human design. Remember that he lead the Republic/Empire to war against those dirty bastards.

Read the nu-canon Lando comic.

Debts to Pay from the GM Guide is good.

Cheers, this is very similar to what I was hoping to do. I might tie it in with a Rancor Hutt and the Grand Dinner

Well what about the point actually raised; the canonization of lightsaber blades having mass, or at least an approximation of mass, and the "saber blades in contact kinda stick together a bit" thing also being canon now too?

>the Grand Dinner
I ran this encounter with my group, it was great. The bit with the cocktails is especially fun.

Debts to Pay (GM), Trouble brewing (Core) and Crates of Kraits (Beta) can all be edited and chained together for one arc working for an up and coming hutt

I've got 2 generic "filler" adventures that could be adapted. coinsandscrolls [dot] blogspot.ca/2017/02/star-wars-adventure-seeds.html

The Hutt could be annoyed at the "School" muscling in on his turf, or attracting unwanted Imperial attention. Gurzo could be a rival Hutt.

Thanks to everyone for the advice

Happy to help.

Yeah, similar to Lobot, but with maintaining the look of the decraniated

Ship to ship melee combat when?

Does anyone have dark obsession and predator and prey mission rules for vader and boba fett in imperial assault?

You can go farther

From 7chan, a copy of No Disintegrations

>mediafire.com/file/sv16lex3bme86m3/Star Wars - Edge of the Empire - No Disintegrations (Bounty Hunter Sourcebook).pdf

Looks like a decent version, too.

The thumb is mildly distracting

Isn't that just a person whose visor doubles as a screen?

You're welcome.

That would make more sense.

Has anyone statted up Spacetroopers for XWM yet? If not, how about something like this:

Spacetrooper
Attack: 1
Defense: 1
Hull: 2
Shield: 0
Focus, Target Lock
Missile, Torpedo

Title - Light Spacetrooper Armor, 2p,
You gain the Boost action
You can not equip this card if your Pilot Skill value is "3" or lower

Prototype
Zero-G Assault Stormtrooper PS1, 10p
Death Squadron PS3, 12p
"Nartissteu Raid Leader" PS4, 14p, Elite, When you are destroyed one enemy ship at Range 1 suffers 1 damage face up
"Rom Mohc" PS6, 15p, Elite, After executing a maneuver, one enemy ship that you are touching suffers 1 damage face up

Dial would be similar to the TIE Striker butt replace the S-Loops with a white 0 and red 1 K-Turn

NAR SHADAA BEST ECUMOPOLIS! CORUSCANT WORST ECUMOPOLIS!

Is it only starfighter combat that is super lethal or is light freighter vs light freighter also really dangerous?

How should I start my Edge of the Empire campaign?

Well, that depends entirely on what your players are playing.

Are they all bounty hunters? Smugglers of different types?
A mix?

Could you give more details on the campaign and players? What kind of EotE campaign would you like to run? And have you already played with the Beginner Box adventure?

They're pretty much your typical spacer scum. Bounty hunters, smugglers, mercs, etc. Currently unaffiliated with each other, so something which ties them together and gives them good reason to stick together would be great. We haven't run anything yet.

There is a slight twist to the party makeup though; one of them is a Rebel agent, essentially doing undercover talent scouting and trying to win over capable underworld elements to the Rebellion's cause.

Oh, and timeline wise it's set about ten months after the Battle of Yavin.

Well I mean in EotE, unaffiliated scum are pretty easy to affiliate - they're all contacted for their various skills to undergo some basic bitch job.
And then at the end of it, they're betrayed, and adversity brings them together.

It's not exactly original, but it works.

I love this little guy.

So one of your players is Cassian Andor?

Am I the only one who doesn't like the magnetic droid bodies?

It is a pretty major break from traditional Star Wars designs, can't really blame you.

Yeah I cant really see what would be the advantage of it. Seems pretty easy to damage, in comparison to old astromechs.

It looks like a droid assembled from junk

>tfw players are reverse murderhobos and do everything to avoid conflict
>this also means they won't do anything with as much as a sliver of a risk

Throw them in jail

Make the risk come to them, user. Do any of them have backstory or obligations that might warrant being hunted?

She wished for legs because nobody was making armor that fit a fish tail.

Get the fuck out of the Coriolis thread!

Yes and the market they're shopping at is going to get carpet bombed by the bounty hunter they pissed off last session, with a Despair and everything, now hired by the guy from Imperial Customs that has a vendetta with one of the characters, at the start of the next session

How rare is a rarity ten object?

like spend half the campaign looking for it rare?

Anyone missing Boba Fett in the new canon? He hasn't been in anything aside from a lame appearance in the Star Wars and Darth Vader comics that was severely underwhelming and failed to explain some things about Fett and Vader's relationship like Kieran Gillen promised (the "no disintegrations" line, etc.). Slightly off topic but I feel that the Vader comic really went downhill after those spectacular first two issues.

I'm definitely a fan of Boba Fett (to be specific, his original, Man-With-No-Name-esque persona in TESB, complete with Wingreen's voice). That isn't to say that I like how much of a Mary Sue he turned into back in the EU, but I still want him to be cool. I think he's a character with a lot of potential to be awesome, and I would really love to see him done well. Unfortunately, he hasn't been done that well since his appearance in TESB, with a couple exceptions.

I thought boba fett was good in the han solo heist book, it made him properly competent and cunning.

IMO, Boba needs a guy ritchie style story or at least fill the vinnie jones role in such a story.

I would pay to see a Boba Fett movie done in the style of Snatch or Real Rockin Rolla.

Light freighter staffed by a party is fine, it was (kinda) balanced around this

There was supposed to be a Boba Fett movie, but latest word is that it's on hiatus. The original director is no longer part of the project and they're still looking for a new one.

Dammit I DLed it to my phone and now I can't fucking find it in my DL history.

Probably won't happen since Disney hates legacy characters for some reason. Boba isn't even a mandalorian anymore. It isn't just Boba they have been shitting on either. Look at Wedge, Lando and Thrawn. Kyle Katarn doesn't even fucking exist anymore. It's quite the shame.

>Lando
To be fair, Billy Dee Williams' health issues make using the character a bit harder. Also, wasn't the Lando comic actually really well-received?

The comic was good and no I wasn't talking about him not being in tfa. Its how he is portrayed after rotj in nucanon. The fact he went back to cloud city forgot about Han and leia having a kid shit like that.

Going to add bookmarks, OCR, and reduce the size of No Disintegrations for the folders. You guys get to pick, crop pages with the thumb or leave it in:

strawpoll.me/12351623

>Hey guys...guys, I have a crazy idea. How about we DON'T make everything in the galaxy depend on the twenty people shown in the movies

How different is it encounter balance wise when going from 4 to 5 players?

X-Wing ship stat guy, back with another attempt at the Missile Boat

Attack: 0
Agility: 2
Hull: 3
Shields: 5
Upgrade slots: Missile, Missile, Torpedo, Torpedo, Bomb, Cannon
Actions: Focus, Target Lock, SLAM

Title: Heavy Munitions - 0 pts
When you equip this card, place one of your equipped [Missile] upgrade cards on this card. Game effects can never cause you to discard the equipped card.

Cost: 18 pts for generic PS2 pilot, 22 pts for PS7 Maarek Stele with his usual ability.

Included card

Seeker Missiles - 1 pt
Attack: Perform this attack at one target inside your firing arc.
Range: 1-3
Immediately after rolling your attack dice, change all your [crit] results to [hit]. After performing this attack, discard this card.

Seeker missiles are needed as an option, because otherwise a stress hog could keep the missile boat from ever getting a focus token or target lock and render it completely unable to fire.