Myfarog thread

Has anyone here played MYFAROG? I keep finding mixed reviews on the game, tell me what you think

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/myfarog/type/op/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Christian, we can't tell you what we think until you give us a PDF.
Now go back to playing Neptunia.

All I've heard is it's a moderately boring Old School type game with too many tables and a bunch of cartoonish, almost unbelievable racism.

I keep considering buying a copy to scan and upload but I'm lazy and the shipping costs to where I live is astronomical.

Fuck off, Kristian, you pathetic attention whore.

It's the best game ever made, you should definitely buy it. And don't forget the supplements, you should buy them too. Moreover, you can buy the whole Burzum discography to listen while you play.

I have the first printing of it and it seems unplayable mechanically.

Du kan stoppe nĂ¥, Varg.

>athiest pagan

I ran a session of 2.4 with the Watchman Island adventure and I thought that it was decent. It fetishizes wilderness survival hard, which differentiates it from other fantasy RPGs. Do you have any specific questions?

It makes me feel extremely horny... goddammit I want to leave work and get home to my Apple already. She just texted me and told me she's putting on something special just for me... God I wanna fuck her already. Apples are the best!

I really liked "Fallen".

Op likes to have gay sex with his own butt.

Couldn't deal with a whole book in papyrus.

>All I've heard is it's a moderately boring Old School type game with too many tables
This is correct.
>and a bunch of cartoonish, almost unbelievable racism.
This is tumblr bullshit.

>Do you have any specific questions?
Of course not, the purpose of Myfarog threads on Veeky Forums is not to discuss the system, it's to bait the libruls.

>This is tumblr bullshit.
What part is? The not-Jews who abduct and murder babbies to worship their Evil God, or the not-Muslims who are really into castration?

My favorite thing is how all PC females have to be virgins and lose their powers if they have sex. Oh and the part about how prostitution didn't exist until the Christian Church invented it.

>The not-Jews who abduct and murder babbies to worship their Evil God, or the not-Muslims who are really into castration?

Jews and Muslims are not races. Thinking that they are? Yes, you're definitely from Tumblr.

And you conveniently forgot to mention that the book hates Christians just as much if not more than Jews or Muslims.

>Lemme force this may may

>Muslims who are really into castration
Real life is racist as well, then!

Is it?

Being equally discriminatory doesn't stop you from being a bigot. Slapping new labels on hackneyed stereotypes doesn't excuse you from being racist or a lazy worldbuilder.

>decent
Fuck off, Kristian.

>murder is uncompromisingly immoral

>bigot
Biggest buzzword of our age.

Besides, Myfarog lore isn't bigoted. It's against Abrahamic religions.

Fuck off, Kristian.

Fuck off, Kristian.

OP what you want is Dungeon World

It's pretty much objectively one of the best currently out there. It has fast easy to use mechsnics and is perfect for beginners, it's a lot cheaper than most of these other rules bloated systems that cost fifty dollars. There is no reason for extra rules when it is he role playing that matters. Dungeon World is fast and innovative and still feels exactly like the spirit of ADND before DnD 3.5 destroyed the hobby and ruined a generation of role players.

You want fast, intuitive combat? Dungeon World does that.

You want real, deep roleplaying mechanics? Dungeon World does that.

You want great mechanics that reward diversity of play? Dungeon World does that as well.

My last session of Dungeon World my human fighter wrapped a vampire in a bear hug and wrestled him out a window. This is real roleplaying we are talking about here, not babby 3.5 shit. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Dungeon World today, it is an evolution and perfection of the half-formed ideas in Apocalypse World (the game it is derived from)

i hate this copypasta

What did the players think? How long did it take to teach them rules, make characters, what did wilderness exploration play like mechanically and theatrically? Did racism come up?

Give us a .pdf and we'll tell you

This is huh... MYFAROG!

Are IRL muslims into castration? I thought they preferred whipping, stoning, beheadings, cutting off arms and throwing people off buildings as a form of punishment.

>le murder is wrong meme
fuck off to fuck

I play my farog, you play your farog, no one plays Varg's shitty farog.

I looked around and was really surprised that no-one has scanned this. I thought Varg was pretty popular and a thing like this would be very easy to find online.

Nah anyone dumb enough to give a shit and buy a copy is going to like the guy and probably be against pirating it out.

>i thought this musical subgenre's guy who got 5 minutes of fame 20 years ago would be popular

Well, his music is easy to find online and has always been, so I thought same guys would get the book too. Then again it might be that MYFAROG sucks so much that no-one wants to share it and I wouldn't be surprised if that was true from rumors (non-SJW people also claim that it sucks) I've heard.

Yes, it's shit. Now fuck off.

>start playing MYFARGO
>already got a head start
Sweet

user's not even trying to force a meme; that's the saddest part. user is on a personal quest to "fix" Veeky Forums by attempting to derail every thread that he doesn't like.

This is actually one of the biggest problems with the board in the current day. In the beginning, almost everyone on Veeky Forums was a veteran of /b/ and thus knew how to ignore shitty low-effort bait threads.

Nowadays, however, posters are perfectly willing to spend 320+ posts telling OP that he's a shitty troll and they're not going to fall for his bait thread.

Someone will probably complain about Reddit spacing too.

What the literal fuck. I just don't understand how someone thinks that these rules are necessary or make sense.

"Ah, yes, the table of swimming modifiers is almost complete-- oh shit fuck I almost forgot to account for a LIGHT BREEZE. This game was ALMOST RUINED."

This just in: MYFAROG is a poorly-designed game that's only known on Veeky Forums because Christian makes a thread about it once a week.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/myfarog/type/op/

>papyrus

It's fucking garbage. I'm not even a font fag and I hate jt

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/myfarog/type/op/

Oh my god, that's just horrible

I think it's cosy.
Dark Sun was written in Papyrus.

>bumping from page 10
Thanks user, just need you to do that once more.

Also DS didn't print the ENTIRE BOOK in Papyrus.

Fuck you, it wasn't page 10.
When I see all those nerds who get angry over fonts I can't help but imagine a nobody who graduated in design and now works in a burger joint.

>When I see all those nerds who get angry over fonts I can't help but imagine a nobody who graduated in design and now works in a burger joint.

It's called a typeface you fucking mong.

Please pull up to the second window.

They stopped with papyrus after 1st edition. People who complain about the font just don't know what they are talking about.

The other thread got 404'd but from what I've seen (still no PDF) it's not a very good game but meming and author criticism aside it's far from the worst. It looks a little overly complex and a bit too table driven for my tastes but it looks better than other games I've played.

>Jews and Muslims are not races

Yeah, it's got not-Jews and not-Muslims who are not-racist-caricatures. Also not-Africans who get a bonus to spear throwing.
Fuck off, Christian. Spam somewhere else.

Yo quit bumping your shit thread Kristian holy shit stop dodging bans you sack of shit.

Excellent post. If you have nothing to contribute then please don't say anything.

Fuck off Kristian and stop trying to shill your game here you egomaniac cunt.

Out of interest, how is calling a game unlikely to be worst I've played some kind of endorsement? I'm not sure I'd buy a game just because it had 'probably better than Cthulhutech' as a strapline.

>They stopped with papyrus after 1st edition. People who complain about the font just don't know what they are talking about.

Could you post a scan of the book so we know what we're talking about?

Not him, but it sounds a lot like damage control in a thread full of people ripping on it. "Come on guys, it's not the worst game out there, give it a fair shake. Try it, you might like it! On sale now!"

Stop bumping your dumb shit when its on page 10 pretending you're someone who bought your shit game you pathetic loser.

Latest edition isnt in papyrus

Fuck off Kristian and stop trying to shill your game here you egomaniac cunt.

Much more simplified in the latest edition and the foreword stresses that the system is modular, so you can strip it down alot

>Jews
>not a race
wat?

>a shit game includes a caveat that you can change it to make it better if you want
>people think that makes it no longer a shit game

He means they're not literally called "Jews" in the book so it's totally not racist that they get bonuses to being sneaky and deceptive, and to acquiring money, and that they have to murder babies to join their evil cult -- aka the "blood libel," an old medieval belief about Jews.

>Stop bumping your dumb shit when its on page 10 pretending you're someone who bought your shit game you pathetic loser.

Or at least wait until it's on page 10 (not 8) before you bump it. Daddy needs his MYFARGO.

no, i get it, i'v read parts of the shitty thing, but how can you be so stupid not to know that jew is both someone following the abrahamic religion and a race

You don't enjoy it and thats fine dude

Someone who's been outdoors please confirm: does a light or moderate wind really make it that much harder to swim? Is swimming in a strong breeze really as hard as swimming in freezing water?

I assumed he meant "race" in the RPG sense. Remember to sage, this shit doesn't need to be bumped.

>light wind
no
>moderate wind
It can be annoying but seeing that all the motions used to gain speed are under water and very little of you should be above water at any time this is not a problem
> strong breeze really as hard as swimming in freezing water
No, the problem with freezing water is that....well you are fucking freezing, which makes it really hard to swim (stiff joints, more energy wasted on making you warm, harder to repeat movements in a synchronized style etc.)

Wind would have to be very strong for it to make swimming hard

The main issue with wind is in larger bodies of water, it can easily make it choppy enough to make swimming abit more difficult but not as much as the rules say

To be fair, I'm branching out to other topics, and I only do it on Martial vs. Caster, 3.5-gument, Myfarog, Lindybeige, and in reply to BBEG-fag's posts, and no other. These are the recurring shitty threads that don't even have the benefit of being able to go off-topic and turn into something remotely interesting. If it's at least original bait, then I'll let it slide.

Fuck off Varg

Veeky Forums is too easy to bait these days so trolls dont even try

You're now aware that Jews can be anything, from your typical Ashkenazi, to a Sephardic brown person, to an Asian, to even a Black person. Now that you've fulfilled your learning quota for today, go away from the screen and stop annoying decent people.

I really don't see why that isn't valid. GURPS does the same thing. Whether that works out in MyFaRoG is a different story, but plenty of RPGs have modular rules and they work out fine.

You just agreed with him and acted like you told him something he didn't just say. Are you dense, user, or just politically deranged?

I wonder what Varg thinks of Beige and vice versa. I imagine that if those two guys ever put their obsession of historical bullshit together this board would never be able to escape that sort of bait, especially as it would all be on topic.

Are you dyslexic or just have IQ below 70?

>Come on guys, it's not the worst game out there
No but seriously it's not, because Cthulhutech is the worst game ever. Nothing about the game is good, literally nothing. Myfarog is probably terrible but it'd have to be horrifically awful to beat Cthulhutech, the game that literally does nothing right.

I mean honestly I work in IT so I basically have the perfect balance of good money and zero effort in my job, like Varg Vikernes is going to have the Burzum-bucks to afford actual shills when I don't even bother doing consultancy or tech support in my free time because I literally don't need the money.

No, and 160. He said Judaism was both a religion and a race. Then you pointed out that you can be Jewish (the religion) without being Jewish (the race) and pretended that you were teaching him some amazing fact he didn't know. You are either an idiot, or pretending to be one, which amounts to the same thing.

There's a new edition?

Alright, I'll bite.

PDF? I'll check it out if I don't have to read a book in fucking papyrus.

Go and think why what you wrote is retarded as all hell. The realisation shouldn't take you more than a couple of days.

Why would Christian give his book away for free

Can't explain your position, huh? That's what I thought.

Not an argument.

If you want people to look at a game on Veeky Forums, you provide a PDF.

No free PDF, it doesn't exist.

And counterpoint: why would I buy a game without knowing if I would like it enough to play it, unless it's priced less than lunch (

To break the memes here, i own it and the "monster manual". it's pretty shit, terrible presentation, but a few cool ideas (formations) didn't look into it enough to see the racisim. really, it's going to sit on my shelf until i forget about it or need space for something else.

Varg has videos on his Youtube channel and the Myfarog site describing rules and methods of play plus PDF's of errata or minor rules additions, so that itself would atleast give you enough knowledge to decide if its worth it

Why should I play MYFAROG over the myriad of other games in the fantasy RPG market?

I've heard lots of shit about it, but little good. I've got like 40 other offers from fantasy games for my time and money, what incentive do I have to choose this one?

Where does it fit in the game genre?

What does it do better than the competition enough to justify its existence, time investment, and price point(whatever that might be)?

What do you have to convince me the game is worth the harddrive space/shelf space/money?

All the major games have free sample adventures to convince you they're good without buying the whole system.

Most games also have pirated PDFs I can check out to see if the book is worth buying a hardcopy.

So, why play this game over the dozens of others?

My current go-tos are:
GURPS
5e
Pathfinder
Unisystem
Rolemaster
BRP/Mythras
D20 Conan

Where does MYFAROG fit in, and what makes it better than what I play now, and what do you have to *show me* it's better?

Everything about this post is perfect. But he can't stop now. Who will entertain us with their church-burnings and hatred of their own Christian name?

It took me like 1 million hours to read through all that Papyrus but I'm left wondering...

Why +12 to swim in a Maelstrom and +20 to swim in a Hurricane?

I'm not really searching for a new fantasy game. I've not run into a situation where the many I've got are inadequate.

If someone's going to try to sell me something new, it's gonna take a decent sales pitch.

Fantasy market is saturated. Tons of games, several that are quite good. To pick up a new game I need convincing.

Didn't pick up 5e until this year. What sold me is that it's basically D&D 3.5 but less learning curve for newbies, due to better game balance.

What I'm really looking for, As , is comparative analysis.

As for Rolemaster, I only play that because it's the pet system of a good friend of mine and he loves running it.

When I choose a game, typically it's 5e/pf/gurps/d20conan, depending what I'm going for and who will be playing.

For fuck's sake, get the fuck out of here already, Christian, and stop bumping your shill threads, you gay faggot.

Multiple people, jackass

What app is this?

Also LISTEN TO YOUR DAMN VOICEMAIL.

Not saying he has a good handle on morality, the arson and explosives found and bigotry and fascism clearly day otherwise, but what I've been able to find about the murder does lend credibility to the notion that he was in a kill or be killed scenario.

Shut the fuck up, Christian, you're not fooling anyone, now go the fuck away you egotistical shiteating faggot.

Clover. What, do you browse Veeky Forums on your phone from a browser?

And I'm
I can't answer your fanmail about his game.

Again, multiple people, retard.