Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Whips! Have any of your characters used whips? How do we make whips great again? Do we need to bring back the old whip-dagger from 3.0? Whip talents in Spheres of Might when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lorewipe.boards.net/
strawpoll.me/12347103
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51666663/#q51666663
sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/occult-adventures/occult-classes/medium/archetypes/paizo-llc---medium-archetypes/spirit-channeler-medium-archetype
docs.google.com/document/d/1mqN_wkpWMphqPLTD3-7HBIQSgCHX__dL8Wo3JDJiFCQ/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lorewipe-user here. Once again offering spots on the sandbox campaign.
lorewipe.boards.net/

WE WUZ AZLANTI N SHEEIIIT.

Should I apply to Wrath of the Raunchy or Taldor Ascendant if I know nothing about PoW or gestalts or ERP?

DO IT.

So folks, here's a list of stuff I want to try:

Vizier on one side of a gestalt with another int-based class

Roil Dancer+Kinetic Knight into Mage Hunter for Con-based Magus casting

Stalker (Vigilante, Bushi)//Occultist (Panoply Savant) to cheat into full BaB.

Anybody else got cool ideas they wanna try out?

Brutal Slayer || Unchained Monk VMC Barbarian

Should I apply to Wrath of the Raunchy if I have an encyclopedic knowledge of PoW and gestalts and ERP, and only really want to apply so I can get my rocks off?

Posting again. I am torn between two characters for Taldor Ascended. I need help deciding which because I only want to build one out.

The two options are:

Luck Thief Vigilante/Brutal Slayer Stalker, Luck Monday, founder of one of the Oppara Shadow Schools known as "The Lion's Den" that trained Lion Blades agents specifically for the purpose of long term espionage operation with the purpose of infiltration and disruption of foreign political structures.

Masked Performer Bard -> Bloatmage/Void Prophet Zealot, The Orb of Oppara, a massively fat man with the most beautiful singing voice in all of Avistan. He sings, dances, acts, does comedy, and plays the piano to a point it has made in an extraplanar sensation. He is also secretly a Lion's Blade agent reporting directly to Dominicus Rell.

It is a hard decision. Help me decide via a shitty poll.

strawpoll.me/12347103

I really wish there was a Cha using Spiritualist, or a Wis using Medium, cause a Medium//Spiritualist seems like would be so flavorful. And it would be mechanically good too.

Noob here. I'm about to play Pathfinder. What should I know about the main setting and what bits are interesting to use as the basis for a character?

Ask your GM

Golly, this seems familiar.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51666663/#q51666663
You think history will repeat itself?
The last three days were actually kinda nice after he got banned

>What should I know about the main setting
It's a boring and uninspired pastiche of different cliches presented as amusement park attractions with almost no respect for logistics, internal consistency, or even continuity.

Well, the setting is kind of all over the place, if we're being honest.

These actually exist. There's the Fractured Mind Spiritualist for Cha spiritualist (it's basically a Stand) and... this for Wis-Mediums. It's somewhat of a downgrade but lets you get Wisdom-based medium class abilities

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/occult-adventures/occult-classes/medium/archetypes/paizo-llc---medium-archetypes/spirit-channeler-medium-archetype

What are the penalties for putting points in a non-class skill? Just not getting the + 3 bonus?

Pretty much. That's it.

Yep. Of course, a +3 is a pretty nice bonus.

I am considering switching out Brutal Slayer Stalker for Nation Pact Avowed, as it would fit the character. However I do not really know how the class works mechanical. How is the Avowed as a skill monkey?

What is a good material to make your longspear out of?

Adamantine of course.

My most successful whip build was a human with Great Cleave and Lunge.

It was... pretty funny to see it in action. I also have a plan for a lunge vital strike Savage Critical character.

>tfw I fucking hate 20 point buy.

This is all I can come up with for a 20 point buy bard that fits my character but having an 11 triggers me.

Whips? God damn. One person I played with a while ago had some 35 foot melee attack with a whip and a few feats

How would you stat her, /pfg/?

>Unarmed combat
>Dual Wields Scimitars
>Manyshot Arcan Archery
>Stole fantastic cosmic power
>Has a ring of telekinesis
>Can into stealth
>Charisma out her voluptuous ass

Fighter 20.

What exactly are you playing?

oh good god never use that wisdom-based spiritualist archetype YOU LOSE THE SPIRIT BONUS AND SPIRIT SURGE.

>Initiators can freely alter their initiating stat to any one of the three mental stats

Where were you when Taldor Ascendant allowed CHAbingers?

Okay folks, I'm working on a Harrow Medium recreation, and need input. I've got the chassis of the class worked out, and am aiming for a class that sits solidly in tier 2 through class features.

docs.google.com/document/d/1mqN_wkpWMphqPLTD3-7HBIQSgCHX__dL8Wo3JDJiFCQ/edit

There's the document. Comments should be enabled.

>20 point buy bard

Sorry. Must be later than I thought-completely missed that bit.

>Harrow Medium
I was really excited for a moment, thinking that you meant the one from the playtest...

My character in terms of roleplaying isn't really related much to the class. But gameplay wise I'm going for more of a purist bard than anything else. So I plan on changing up what I'm doing based on the situation and being a generalist with skills in a ton of areas, knowing a bunch of languages, etc.

No one in the game is going in with a build. We're kind of just picking up shit as we go along with heavy roleplaying.

I see myself dipping into fighter probably to get beefier.

Warpiest / Unchained Rogue gestalt

TWF kukris with Dex focus

Will it work?