/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Alchemists, no sense of right or wrong edition.
How often have you used alchemical items and tools? What are your experience with PC or NPC alchemists? What is your preferred flavor of alchemist, and why is the lamest Promethean?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1mqN_wkpWMphqPLTD3-7HBIQSgCHX__dL8Wo3JDJiFCQ/edit
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo-ranger-archetypes/skirmisher/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alchemical Tinkering is one of my favorite wand spells. Gives you so much flexibility with alchemical items, especially if you're a class with limited utility otherwise.

Makes Rogues and Alchemists into pseudowizards with tool belts for any situation.

>Alchemical Tinkering
Just liked that up, and yeah, that does seem pretty powerful, especially as a wand. It's essentially a Batman Utility Belt spell. Just carry around several high dollar items, and you're prepared for anything!

>tfw I'll probably never get to D.Va, even as a Construct Rider

I know, I know, Aegis, but my DM says no to that.

How important is curzed razor for a harbinger? Is it worth taking malevolence as a level 1 feat just so I can curse as a swift action?

>preferred flavor of alchemist
I had a blast playing a Clone Master / Internal Alchemist / Mindchemist That's legal right? DM okayed it in a totally-not-spelljammer game. Was convinced he was a legit Doctor despite being quiet scatterbrained.
Was good times using Breath Mastery to troll and escape things, plan horrible scenarios and the like. Early on the DM and I sat down to have a long talk about the way Alchemical Simulacrum and the like were going to work, since it was central to my character idea.

Eventually we decided that all alchemical simulacrum would require a seed sample of the creature in question to get the body, and could only have a mind that was either a copy of my Alchemists or one that he had stored an imprint of using another discovery, then slapped a quick and dirty Replicant template on them to account for them being simulacrum creatures.
The Doctor quickly started keeping bits and pieces of everything, copying the whole party and going to absurd lengths to get mental imprints of all the unique people he could. It just got worse when I started making simulacrums of the whole party and leading them around with my own Doppelganger Simulacrums, to the point that the party and I would write down who was real and who was a replicant, put the answers in a manila envelope, then play out the actions of 4-5 separate but full parties before revealing who was where to the DM towards the end while he kept trying to guess and have our enemies work against us.
Led to a lot of doom-bot style shenanigans, and oh did he regret ever introducing the group to Mi-Go...

Ended on a good note with a major illithid offensive stopped, a beholder hive thrown into chaos and ruin, and dozens of seed asteroids shooting off into space, each one holding an alchemy lab, a doppelganger me, and a set of clones/simulacrums of the whole party. We refused to ever let our adventures end as we spread like the zerg, was good times.
I miss that game...

>How important is curzed razor for a harbinger?
I mean it's a pretty good discipline and fits the theme well, but it's not essential. If you do use it though, I think Malevolence becomes necessary, being able to have enemies be cursed before you hit them lets you activate Cursed Razor stuff a lot more.

So a couple threads back there was some talk from people playtesting a surprisingly not-shit sounding bloodborne homebrew. Seemed like it went pretty well, all told.

I was wondering if anyone who had access to the stuff or the author would mind sharing it, since it actually sounded pretty rad.

I personally avoided picking it on a cohort and focused almost entirely on Scarlet Throne. I didn't want the DM to have to keep track of all my Claims and Curses. So far it's going well.

>It becomes a chore for the GM
Actually, thats a pretty damn valid reason to not use CR. Pissing your GM off by adding a layer of multitasking sounds like a great way to get killed off.

Should just play Crimson Countess if you don't want to go Cursed Razor IMO

>Don't want to be a pain in the ass for the GM
>Add DoT mechanic

Warpiest / Unchained Rogue gestalt

TWF kukris with Dex focus

Will it work? Is there a strong reason to go Warpriest over Cleric in this case?

Okay folks, I'm working on a Harrow Medium recreation, and need input. I've got the chassis of the class worked out, and am aiming for a class that sits solidly in tier 2 through class features.

docs.google.com/document/d/1mqN_wkpWMphqPLTD3-7HBIQSgCHX__dL8Wo3JDJiFCQ/edit

There's the document. Comments should be enabled.

Combat feats

You could mark them yourself and keep the numbers clear.

Still
GMs who find every ability other than straight damage or SoLs to be a pain in the ass are the reason the others end up complaining that the party only ever murders everything.

>Mark them yourself
With What?

>Is there a strong reason to go Warpriest over Cleric in this case?

Mid-high level cleric is just a spell caster. Do you want to be a spellcaster, or do you want to slice and dice? That's the real question.

yeah i dunno being a 6th level caster and 3/4 BAB while being gestalt is kinda shit

I want to see a game where every player must be a gestalt Magus/Warpriest

Kek

It just seems to me if you're gonna gestalt you may as well get full bab or full casting somewhere

Is he ok with summoner?
If so, that's your best bet. While you're at it, show him Steel Soul. A construct reskined summoner with more abilities themed around it being so.

How good of a skill monkey is the avowed? Also is there any way to make the Avowed not charisma based? I am looking for a wisdom avowed, but beggars can't be choosers.

Or more importantly is there some way for an Avowed to add charisma to saving throws?

Not that user, but what and where is Steel Soul?

I could check.

Be an unchained synthesist with a biped inevitable eidolon and get a million arms + multiclass into gunslinger.

1st: combat feats.
2nd: upped Kukri damage.
3rd: swift action buffs.

While you will never get 9th lv cleric spells, this will still bive you quite a bang.
Could be pretty good.

>Avowed to add charisma to saving throws
>Least (2nd); standard action; spell resistance no
>Who Help Themselves
>You use a bit of magic to make your own luck. You gain a bonus equal to your Charisma modifier (up to a maximum of your caster level) on Fortitude, Reflex, or Will saves (chosen when you use this clause). You can only gain this bonus to one save at once, but can use this clause again to change which save you've selected. This is a permanent effect, though it can be dispelled as normal for a spell-like ability, and you can still dismiss it as a free action.

Thank you.

You could also use Self Pact. In addition there's a feat in the first playtest to key everything off of Strength, and a series of 2 feats in the second playtest to key off of Constitution.

Tokens, pebbles, actual markers or notations in roll20, etc.

Jellybeans! And then you eat them when the bleeds get removed!

There's a feet to switch their "caster" stat to Strength. Nothing else.

Also, Avowed Could be okay ish to good skull characters. But you'd most likely be giving up clauses, which are ususually "+6 to a set of skills" or are straight up SLAs, to do so.

Up to you, haven't played around with the class myself. even though I Really want too...

Does the Lingering Infusion count as having a duration for Time's Echo, or is its wording not enough to count as a 1rd?

I forgot it's not in the Trove, it a Legendary Games class and I got it on Drive through RPG. Used it as a villain in a game I gm ed and it was fun.

Same user here Just remembered it's called "The Robot Summoner" outside of its pdf, because it has a few fluff ties to the Iron Gods AP. So search that instead.

SoP Playtest had its second session today. This shit is fun. Really mixes things up when enemies have all these options, too.

Sounds like it could be nuts.
Quick rundown?

>tfw bard
>trying to resist the 2 level paladin dip

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>There's a feet to switch their "caster" stat to Strength. Nothing else.
Wrong, there are feats for Constitution as well.

Does anyone have a PDF of psychic anthology?

Really? Was that there from the start?
I haven't updated my copy of it for some time.

here you go famalamadingdong

It was added in the latest update like a week or two ago to the second playtest.

>focused almost entirely on Scarlet Throne
wait is this the Exalted thread?

How did you change Rise of the Runelords?

After infiltrating a fortress (Rannick) in Book 3, having players march on another fortress (Jorgenfist) in Book 4 seems a bit boring.

Are there artifacts that allow vampires to faff aboot in daylight?

Is there any way I can make Sense Motive charisma based?

wooden stakes usually do the trick.

hue
What happens to a vampire's soul anyway?
Is it like in Buffy where something else takes over the body and the soul goes to afterlife?

I don't think it's ever defined?

Not certain but I THINK that technically in PF intelligent undead are corrupted souls, including vampires. So it's an evil soul powered by negative energy, that KNOWS it's committing horrible acts (and generally revels in it) by at the very least emitting negative radiation everywhere and preying on the living.

When it's finally "freed" it's in for a bad bad time.

I've unironically had fun using Ragechemist. Come at me.

See, that's the thing.

The text is "Only intelligent undead have or are souls"

Whether or not that means it's the ORIGINAL soul or an entirely NEW soul, we don't have anything.

There is some intelligent undead which specifically have the same soul (Like Liches), but there's a lot of others which just CAN'T be the original soul. Things like Phantom Armors are intelligent and sapient undead, but don't require a soul at all. Just a corpse in armor. The soul of the corpse could have passed onto their afterlife AGES ago, and you're not hauling that thing back.

So... tl;dr, we dunno if a Vampire's soul is the original soul or a new one.

So, Saurian Champion Cavalier (from Advanced Races Lizardfolk) or Beast Rider Cavalier into Mammoth Rider. Opinions on which gives me the best bang for my buck with riding a massive dinosaur?

Is Balefire Infusion worth it on a Self Pact Avowed, /pfg/? Or should I resist the temptation...?

Thread is dead, gimme Discord.

ded thred? Have a couple Geliche' concept/practice things.

Fuck, if goodies like that are getting added. Time to update.

I'm making my first adventure from scratch, starting small I have decided to set it at a remote whaling station, the party is tasked with sailing out there then hauling whale flesh and oil back to a land locked city via an underground river. But that's about as far as I've gotten. I'm trying to come up with some kind of confrontation/hardship them to overcome and maybe a side quest or two for them to get involved with.

So what would you like to see/do/be attacked by on your visit to a remote whaling station on a small snowy island?

Pic related is a very early version of the map, I pretty much only have the outlines of a few buildings done. I just added the coloring haphazardly for the thread but it's going to have full interiors, removable roofs and fog of war once it's done, hopefully anyway.

Mechanically speaking, Hunter is the better option. Even just bog standard Hunter, as it'll give nigh permanent buffs to your pet, lots of spells that only work on your pet (the best examples being Strong Jaw and Animal Growth, both of which you'll have at level 10), and it'll give teamwork feats to your pet for free. The thing with Teamwork feats is that they're actually good, they just have a requirement that sucks (multiple people taking them) and hunter bypasses that.

additionally, you don't actually want to take Mammoth Rider to the limit; it's very frontloaded, as you get most of the stuff you actually want out of it from a single level dip. It sucks, but there it is; you're much better served just taking one level of mammoth rider for the bigass pet, and then going back to whatever class you started off with.

I guess I should add that it's a low level adventure. Level 3-4ish

All your dudes look the same m8

Well, considering that this is the daughter of one of them, I'd say he can get away with it.

And also I think two of those OTHER characters were originally based off the same character anyway

Why is Desna best god?

My god would beat your god in a fight.

Desna a shit.

How are you even HOLDING that apple without a HAND?

Fair enough, I now see what you mean with Mammoth Rider. I was a little too enamored with the str and con bonuses, but they don't really shine until 19th lvl.

I think my issue with Hunter has to be that they don't feel particularly resilient and I'm not sold on the teamwork feats. As you said, getting them for you and for your companion is nice, but I'm looking at them and not being particularly impressed.

Is alertness from a familiar enough to qualify for sleepless detective?

Keep talking shit, nigglet.

I do need to vary it up a bit

Who is that guy anyway?

That's a RIGHT hand, you dunce! Not a left!

Can you have 3 familiars by wizard 1, eldritch guard 1 and alchemist 2?

For a mounted Hunter, the big ones are Outflank (which is pretty much always your first teamwork feat anyways) mixed with Pack Flanking, and Precision Strikes, and and Snapping Flank (particularly great if you're a T-rex Rider or something similar)

There's a couple other things you may be missing, however, that push it over the edge (at least for me). Hunter has a peculiar clause that states you can teach your animal companion Tricks from the Skirmisher Ranger archetype. this is actually really incredible because those tricks are meant to replace a Ranger's spells. You can check them out here; there's some really zany ones too, like Cunning Pantomime.
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo-ranger-archetypes/skirmisher/

past that, I don't think you actually need to be overly worried about your character's resiliency - Hunters, as divine casters can relatively easily pick up heavy armor proficiency without it impacting their ability to operate. Additionally, given how massive mammoth rider companions are (they're huge. Literally.) most enemies that aren't of large size minimum won't even be able to attack you, and those that can are generally stupid enough to attack the larger threat.

That's without ragging on the spells, which are plentiful and powerful (Check out Allfood, which hunters can get access to. Shit's hilarious.)

If you're unconvinced with all that still though, go for Cavalier. Getting some feat taxes out of the way is always good, and mounted Combat is one of the taxiest taxes.

Please, I would be so happy if you did an entire month of Geliche'. Obviously it's about what you want, but I appreciate your art because you're doing what YOU wanna do.

Fight me you lawless scum bag.

Well you've mostly convinced me. If not for the strengths of the Hunter, at least for the flexibility of them. Thanks for the insight. And yeah, Allfood is pretty funny, the possibilities are already floating around.

Yeah, no problem. I'll admit This is feeding into some personal biases (Hunter is basically my favorite class) so my trying to convince you got a little away from me.

Regardless of what you end up going for, have fun. that's the most important bit.

Is dealing damage by maintaining a grapple considered an attack with an unarmed strike?

No. It's considered doing damage with a grapple.

Is Fighter/Vigilante too many feats?

ITS NOT ENOUGH

do you plan on ever taking empower or quicken?
Then yes.

It's less valuable to weapon users.

Not if it properly upholds Urgathoan beliefs and gets to partake in a totally bitchin' perpetual rape feast afterlife

Because she's cute! CUTE!
And she cares about people. Very endearing. Plus she's got all kinds of ancient knowledge and star secrets since she's been around for awhile.

Gorum, on the other hand, is a raging faggot. Probably Worst God. Even Lamashtu the Rapist is better.

Is there a RAW item that turns a mundane weapon into a masterwork weapon? I could just get the spell cast, but I want an item for roleplaying reasons.

... no they're pretty much on par with each-other.
In fact they'd be a perfect couple for everybody else.

>GORUUUMMM, LET'S HAVE SEEEEEX
>NO I'M FIGHTING. *toilet flushes*
>*canned laughter*

Are Desna and Cayden the more attractive, more popular rival couple?