Board Game General /bgg/

Previous thread:
Pastebin:
pastebin.com/NA2W929q

Halfway to the weekend, any game day plans? Inserts to build? Games to paint? Asshole friends/relatives to convert?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/the-terminatortm-the-official-board-game
imgur.com/a/AVkGd
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10362213/Print-n-Play.zip
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11193/darkies-melon-patch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Super Dungeon Explore campaign,Super Dungeon Explore campaign,Super Dungeon Explore campaign

And for the last one, there's this super competitive fuck in my playgroup who will get competitive even at charades. So I did the sensible thing and taught him 1 on 1 competitive Magic using my Pauper decks. Most games I buy Hess days is bought partly as a test to see how competitive he can make it.

I bought Citadels recently, having played it much in my youth. I look forward to seeing people play that game with him.

So is High Frontier good? Or just autism personified?

Both.

I told my FLGS to order it in for me along with sekigahara.

I'm excited.

kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/the-terminatortm-the-official-board-game

Sounds interesting. They will upload a gameplay video tomorrow.

>those fees
Damn, are the figures in metal or something?

i am gonna buy expansions for race of the galaxy (if they are decent)

i am only going to do this once, which expansions should i order ?

Mimetic polyalloy.

war of the ring was being reprinted right? wil they change art? and will it be a euro print to ?

Sekigahara is ace, I love it.

A real hit with my family, too.

Hmmm, Terminator 2 is one of my favorite movies of all time, but can't say I'm tempted by this at all. The war aspect was never that interesting and was made really shitty by the sequels. I wish they instead just more tried to simulate the hunter/hunted aspect more. Guess I'll just wait to see how it plays.

>all those minis
>no gameplay vid yet
It plays like shit.

> Halfway to the weekend, any game day plans?
Playing StarCraft on Friday after a long hiatus. Can't wait.
> Inserts to build?
Need to do card dividers for Imperial Settlers and finally make some card boxes for StarCraft cards
> Games to paint?
N/A. Waiting until I get Growing Hunger and then maybe I'll start painting the zombies.
> Asshole friends/relatives to convert?
N/A

i managed to fit year 1 in the expansion box of ascension

imgur.com/a/AVkGd

Currently playing the pnp of Campy Creatures a lot. Really fun, simple and quick filler game. Could even convince some of my non-gamer friends to try it.

>obvious shill is obvious

>you like a game that's currently on kickstarter? SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL

lad pls

> Spamming the same 'Meh' KS every thread
> "I'm not Shilling! Waaaah"

Bitch pls

Well it's the game I've played the most this week so what? Should I lie and say I've been playing Dead of Winter a lot recently just so some underage faggot doesn't cry shill?

Nah ma man. If you think I'm shilling then simply ignore my post and go back to playing games you like.

>Dead of Winter
>just so some underage faggot doesn't cry shill

Would you rather be called a shill or a babby ameritrash faggot?

I just bought supplies last night to make an insert for Space Hulk Death Angel. Hoping I can find some time this weekend to at least start working on it

I hate that you're right

I'll bite...can you share you pnp materials so I can try it?

Seconded. Fury of Schwarzenegger sounds a lot better than this.

My copy of Jamaica is arriving today as well as my 4ft x 4ft board gaming mat so that's pretty exciting.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10362213/Print-n-Play.zip

you're either a shill who's been called out so many times he's super touchy now or you're just someone with absolutely horrible taste in board games. either way, you'll fit in better on reddit.

Cry more beta cuck

>doesn't even try to refute
>retarded reply pulled straight from ass

You should just go.

>Well it's the game I've played the most this week so what?
Totally fair reason to talk about a game, even if it's kickstarter. However you have talked in up like 3 threads in a row, and we're not talking about the leaked TI4 or TS rethemed for the Tolkien universe or a non-Rex reprint of Dune; it's a kickstarter casual card game.

/bgg/ tends to go a little more autism on our games, and while we do enjoy lighter fare from time to time, it's generally games that've been around for years, and will continue to be. Shill or not, you're not gonna be favorably received for posting the same pic and saying it's fun, without a detailed writeout and arguments to prove it's a good game.

>Should I lie and say I've been playing Dead of Winter a lot recently....
It's worked for other anons, but there's always option 3: say I like this theme, and this style of cardplay, what do you other anons suggest and why? Either way it's gonna be a lot better than you and some other retard shouting shill/cuck at each other for another thread.

>cries that he gets a shit reply for his ">>>reddit" comment

Shouldn't you be in class?

>implying I'm even the same person
>projecting

Retardism continues.

>Boss, everyone I shill at on Veeky Forums is mean to me
>Hmmm, I've heard calling people "beta cuck" is what people do on that site, try it next time so you can make me and Mr. Goldstein more money.
>Wow, what a cool sounding insult! I can't wait to use it regardless of context real soon, sir!

what a life you live, user

>hyping a game = shilling

What a sad live you must live, no joy. Sad.

>enjoying a game where you play as unimaginative moving monsters kidnapping people for victory points
>art is shitty digital art of monsters stolen from old movies
>game gets brought up here like every thread and people tell you fuck off but you can't take the hint

truly sad, user. my life is sad too, but for different reasons. this weekend, for example, I'm hosting a game day and will be playing games with a group of ten people. these will be games that were designed by grown adults, not games made by some twelve year old who learned basic graphic design but couldn't be bothered to come up with an original idea, much less original creatures and/or game mechanics.

like what you like, but don't try to force it onto people who have enough self respect to only spend their time and money on quality gaming experiences

Continually hyping the same crappy kickstarter game that people have already pointed out looks bland / shitty is shilling, yes.

>it's the game I've played the most this week
my heart breaks for you, user

I watched the video on the kickstarter page and turned it off after about twenty seconds because whoever made that video sounds like a 14 year old scene kid and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let a faggot like that tell me about a game I have barely any interest in to begin with

Anyone played the new Mansions of Madness edition with the app etc? I've read and heard good things but I find myself hesitating. How is it compared to Arkham Horror? Or Eldritch Horror?

I played it with the app but I haven't played the other two.

With the app, I don't understand why does it need to be a board game at this point - I'd have the same amount of fun just clicking on the stuff on the screen. That said people apparently love chucking dice and moving minis by themselves.

The game itself is OK - I enjoy it as much as playing Last Night on Earth. You do it to be entertained not to have some tactical/strategic game night.

The Lovecraft theme might suit some people it might not suit others.

The scenarios from the app are semi-replayable, personally I think it needs fan made content to be truly replayable.

Enough talk about shills, baits, and KS.

What was your most autistic moment while PLAYING board games?

Maybe you over mathed , maybe you dropped the spaghetti during settlers, or maybe you were a bit too stubborn as a mule (pic related)

Usually doesn't happen as I'm not an obsessive personality type.

I have gotten groupthought into doing that sort of thing in cooperative games *with* obsessive people, though.

Like that one time in TIME Stories when there was a challenge that would clearly provide no benefits and had "trap" written all over it... so, naturally, we all gathered in that room together and chucked dice at it for an entire 12 time units, half the entire mission's allotment, only to finally get through and have the situation be exactly as dumb and bad and not at all important as we thought it would be.

>truly sad, user. my life is sad too, but for different reasons. this weekend, for example, I'm hosting a game day and will be playing games with a group of ten people. these will be games that were designed by grown adults, not games made by some twelve year old who learned basic graphic design but couldn't be bothered to come up with an original idea, much less original creatures and/or game mechanics.

>games that were designed by grown adults

Exactly. Come back when you play a real game

Like Santorini.

I once almost got into a fist fight with a acquaintance over Catan, since neither were getting any wood and the 3rd player was getting everything.

Some how we were getting made at each other and nearly came to blows.

are you trying to imply that santorini was made by a child?

>play shitty luck based game
>get mad at another person over your own shitty luck
>actually almost fight
are you still a hardcore normie?

i have never played any of the expansions for ascension, is it actually possible to get that many points or is that a shop/bug?

No, i'm saying it's a deep and mature game that is still fresh after 30 plays, and belongs in everyone's collection

oh you're just that guy who shills it for fun all the time hoping you can start another thread derailing argument with that autist who hates it as though it murdered his father. got it

>Scout troop wants to come over tonight and playtest a game they're designing for, surprise, a game design merit badge.
>It's a 1960's space race game.
>You play against each other as USA, USSR, UK, China, Cuba,
>Or Jamaica
>Or Argentina

I'm very confused.

I'm to lazy to photoshop austronaut helments onto the Cool Runings poster so you'll just have to imagine that.

sounds like an alternate history setting that hasn't been done before. have fun, it sounds really interesting. also
>cool runnings in space

Reposting: BSG or Dark Moon? I have an unplayed copy of BSG that someone is offering me Dark Moon for. I've never gotten around to play BSG for various reasons.

>Or Jamaica

I feel there's a narc joke in there.

No, he's trying to restart the shit that fucked the thread up like a week ago

>Cool Runnings in Space
I didn't know I wanted this.

Pretty much.

I like BSG a little better, but if you're having trouble getting that to the table I'd say go for the trade. They cost about the same even after the asmodee price hikes.

ya figured that out

I've had similar experiences

>Cool Runnings in space
Fuck, I want this now

So who else is addicted to Santorini

Aww shit, just got my copy of Mint Works in the mail.
Brb, playing it.

Fuck off.

Played solitaire against the bot that is meant to actually be Justin Blaske, the designer.

He obliterated me.

Goddammit Justin.

That said, this is probably the only Analogue AI I've ever played against who was actually easy to use and still made non-boring decisions.

Game plays in ten minutes as advertised, very tricky little worker placement game that has expendable workers, which is a subgenre I hadn't run into yet. Losing too many workers and therefore being too "poor" to do anything was definitely my undoing.

I especially liked how the row of development cards was randomized, leaving so much to chance on what's actually going to come out this turn. It makes the overarching strategy a little less oppressive, since you are forced to mainly rely on tactics.

Similar to what Rahdo said in his runthrough of this, it's juuust meaty enough to be an accurate representation of what modern board games are, while still being really light and fitting in my jacket's top pocket, which leads to this seeming like it'd be a really great game to insta-gateway someone who's bored. Just pull it out and show them how they've gotta spend mints to make mints.

Definitely looking forward to playing this with people.

But also, really, damn you Justin, I'm going to beat you if it's the last thing I do.

No bug, used expansion combos and a bit of luck early game to get a massive amount of resources, bought almost every card, and kept cycling the deck/discard killing monsters. One expansion hero let's you kill monsters in the discard. Selective killing, and taking near infinite turns through extra turn artifacts meant I could keep going until I either crashed the gamer or gave up. For several thousand points my phone was so slow that killing a single monster took about 5-10 seconds. Rinse repeat over a couple weeks wnv I had time to kill, and voila.

New mat is working perfectly for Death Angel
Hoping to test it out with nigger games later tonight

>nigger games
wut

I'm going to assume he meant bigger, but he's so used to typing nigger that his fingers went on autopilot

Haha oops
Phone auto-corrected me

I cant find any on bgg

where do you buy a phone that autocorrects TO nigger?

Gboard picked up that I use it a lot I guess
Or rather use it more than bigger

man the idea of 2 different boards that affect each other sounds cool, obviously will have to wait to see gameplay though

i also think those models look like shit but I'm not a terminator fanboy so i doubt they were designed with me in mind

Wasn't expecting this stuff until August. Funky.

>Over 20 lbs of pussy and ass

>we're not talking about the leaked TI4

And why aren't we talking about this? Details man! Damnit, details!

>With the app, I don't understand why does it need to be a board game at this point
I'm currently painting the figures from MoM 1st edition, and fully plan to buy and paint 2nd edition after that.

Moving the physical figures and actually rolling dice has a real visceral pleasure for me and my group.

Sure... literally the next sentence after the one you quoted.

*I* just don't see the appeal.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I think if they make it just an app they would lose and upset a lot of their vocal fanbase, and have to charge less.
Someone who has done some sort of research will have decided that the potential increased audience for a cheaper app is less that the amount lost for charging less and potentially upsetting loyal fans.

Unless that still isn't what you mean by "not understanding why it needs to be a board game".

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11193/darkies-melon-patch

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I missed out on the last HoN KS - I want the combined / updated rule book and some of the additional terrain packs. Still waiting for it to show up on their site. Weeee.

Yeah, I'd only paid for single-space shipping, I wasn't in a hurry and figured I'd wait for the compendium for all the units. But they sent them to me early anyways.

Single-wave*

How is Above and Below? It's it decent at two players? I like the theme and feel of the mechanics from what I've read so far.

I don't have many euro games, and was thinking of using this to round out my collection a bit. Bad idea? I like a lot of the concepts, plus after watching LWA I want some magic school games. The long playtime is going to make it kind of hard to get to the table though.

Having played three other Level 99 games, I don't see how this could possibly be a Euro./

Geez, I'd sure like to pledge for Mythic Battles Pantheon, but for whatever fucking reason I can't get my payment through on fluent.
Talked to the customer service, talked to mythic, talked to my bank, still doesn't work...

My GF's friend is visiting, we might play some easy games like Sushi Go Party, Bang! The Dice Game, 7 Wonders etc. That's all fine but I've been playing too many casual games lately. My friends who like crunchier games haven't actually played any with me since I caved to their pleas to run D&D, which is now all they want to play.

I'm just jonesing for some Terra Mystica, TI3, Blood Rage, or hell even some Arkham.

>board game prices keep rising

WAKE ME UP

>board game prices keep rising
>mexican peso keeps falling

DON'T WAKE ME UP

Oops, my Target had a buy 2 get 1 free promo and I got this pile for 50 bucks.

I don't even know what a Machi Koro is, I was just told it was good. What am I in for guys?

while this isn't a straight euro due to a high level of direct player interaction, it's the most euro-y game that I'll willingly own. it is absolutely fantastic and worth the time investment

I played it for the first time yesterday since I had severe reservations about doing a blind purchase based on the fact it's "Catan: The Card Game" and lo and behold, it is pure shit just like Catan

>Machi Koro
Very light game with one viable strategy to win. You need the expansion to make it better.

>Set rotation shipping notice sent this morning
>1 day priority shipping
>Tomorrow is game night

I wish I could go to sleep so I can just wake up to it at my door already but I'm too excited.

My order arrived today, it consists of: Haru Ichiban, Santorini and Kemet. I know that the first two are going to be a hit with my wife but I'm really crossing my fingers that hopefully she will like Kemet. Hold me guys.

>don't even know what a Machi Koro is, I was just told it was good

Hahahaha, you should find that guy and straight up smack him for being such a bold-faced liar.

Apparently this one comes with expansions? And you separate the building cards into three decks and lay the top five of each out like they do in Splendor.

Well, my wife LOVED Blood Rage, so here's hoping your wife will love your choice on dudes on boards.

>And you separate the building cards into three decks and lay the top five of each out like they do in Splendor.

Right, that is the better way to play it, otherwise is a snooze fest. Still a 6/10 light game.

Thanks for the well wishes, this is going to be her first "heavy" game.

Jesus christ. IT"S NOT DUDES ON A BOARD. It's not a war game, it's not area control. I'm so fuckin sick of you idiots putting it in the same catagory as Kemet. That's the biggest joke on bgg. Blood Rage is NOTHING BUT A GOD DAMN DRAFTING GAME! Everything else is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS and meant to do nothing but blind you. 90% of this shitty game's components are meant to do nothing more but sell this game to brain dead millennials like yourselves. Just fuckin stop it already.

You forgot your image.