My character is CRAZY

>My character is CRAZY.

I hate the method acting meme.

Not only is method acting weak, but in Suicide Squad the Joker and Harley Quinn are parodies of themselves. I know the Joker has multiple incarnations (considering this guy is probably older than most of our parents it's inevitable) but what he generally shared was being an unscrupulous killer with a dark sense of humor. Somehow this ended up being a justification for "LOL SO RANDUMB, BUT ALSO EVIL XD".

it's legit, but very few people can pull it off. Leto, not even undertstanding the character of joker fucked it beyond repair

He can't keep getting away with it.

Is this villainy as understood by an idiot? Maybe this is why Dorritos interpretation of the Joker was so bad was because he thought he was playing a different person....in a different movie....

I just want a return to the old style Joker who actually played massive criminal pranks.

I'm so sick of the edgy shit.

Method acting is technically unnecessary if you're that good an actor, but I find it glorious, a hardcore expression of your dedication to your craft. The problem is when an actor doesn't know how to accurately portray a character in a good way. You could say "Oh, but it's always up to the actor to invent the character!" but there are always good and bad ways to do it as with any other task in the world.

Jared Leto is a great actor, but his joker is weak and therefore his behaviour off-set during this didn't go down well.

t. hollywood actor

>BATMAN'S GREATEST BONER

Not sure the writers understood the joker either.

>My character is crazy, but behaves in a consistent way according to a warped perception of reality that can be understood once you know the specific delusions

If I'm not mistaken, the original Joker WAS edgy. I'm no comic books expert, but generally American capeshit is divided into the Golden Age (30s-60s), Silver Age (60s-90s) and Bronze Age (90s-present).

Golden Age Joker was edgy as fuck. He was originally intended to be a one-off mass murderer with a gimmick, but was popular enough to stick around. Still, he was a mass murder and he did kill people, often in a way that displayed a sense of dark humor.

The one who played the massive criminal pranks where nobody seriously got hurt was the one from the Silver Age, because for some reason (maybe some /co/tard can provide details, I think it had something to do with the media blaming comic books for violence among children) American comics started self-censoring. This is where Batman got his "no killing" rule and where Joker became a prankster who only wanted money and never really harmed anyone.

The Bronze Age swung everything back in the opposite direction. Now the Joker was once again back to being a mass murderer but, in a reaction to the Silver Age, he had to become incredibly psychologically """complex""" and Batman had to become dark and brooding.

tl;dr: He was always kind of edgy. Just not this edgy.

>t. hollywood actor
You serious, tripman?

I like that too. Though I like the idea of the Joker behaving in ways that make absolutely no sense at all. Batman is a highly intelligent character and can always rationalize the intentions and modus operandi of his enemy. What would make for a better arch-nemesis than one that behaves entirely against what is logical? One that simply cannot be understood? One that goes against everything Batman usually employs to fight crime?

At least we're positive they didn't get the Harley/Joker relationship. It's supposed to be a one sided love, abusive relationship, yet here it's Romeo and Juliet.

>Hollywood actor

Vin Diesel is that you?

>Golden Age Joker was edgy as fuck. He was originally intended to be a one-off mass murderer with a gimmick, but was popular enough to stick around. Still, he was a mass murder and he did kill people, often in a way that displayed a sense of dark humor
That's because he, like Batman, were both rip off of characters from The Shadow. This was the era of Batman packing two pistols, so I don't really consider it indicative of the evolved Batverse.

I'm okay with Joker harming people, but Ledger's Joker has basically devoured all other incarnations. Now Joker does shit like tear his face off and wear it and capture and turn other women into Harley Quinn.

Joker's edginess only is seen as such mostly due to how society is right now. It's like.. 90% a case of perspective. Things the people of the day didn't bat an eye at, we might see as cringey, edgy or particularly tryhard.

LetoJoker just kindof FREAKED out with it. I can't tell if it's genious or not now that I think about it. "What if he did a great portrayal of an older joker but we're just too sensitive to cringe to notice?" VS "Society decides everything, doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, LetoJoker is terrible as he's in the now, not in the 50s"

And yes I'm serious, but don't get me wrong, I'm not some bigshot.

>My character is CRAZY.
>it's a bulimic
Malkavian done right.

>My character is crazy.
>He has major depression and sociophobia.

There is a valid point here.

Most of us nowadays would cringe at the early batman movie, yet at the time it was pretty normal.

>And yes I'm serious, but don't get me wrong, I'm not some bigshot.
Still, you already have a foot in the industry. Who knows what might happen in time. Think back to your fellow basement dwellers when you make it to the top, bruh. And if you're going to do something extravagant, at least make a real life dungeon or something.

You can see it in a lot of things. Sad to say some of the Mel Brooks movies that I found gutbusting back in the day now make me cringe at best. Rob Hood Men in Tights particularly but thankfully Spaceballs is still pretty baller[

Yeah, thank you heh. I've been here for years, I'm nobody special. I just like film and managed to get somewhere. I'm interested in behind the camera roles too.

As for dungeon, how about a travelling tea/antique/bookstore on a yacht? Trinkets from all over the world!

No you know what was crazy?
Tuskegee syphilis experiments.
That stuff was fucking nuts man.

>he doesn't like Men In Tights

fuck you

I do, but it just didn't age that well for me.

Leto joker is not edgy, he is more or less a juggolo with too much money on his hands. The took a gangsta thug nigger, added a bit of lolrundumb and mafia into the mix and tada, you have leto's joker

>my character is a KATANA

>Slipknot
>The man who can climb anything
Funny, he wouldn't be out of place in the silver age among such illustrous villains like Kiteman: the man who flies a kite.

>My character is crazy.
>He has synesthesia.

Or Crazy Quilt, or Calender Man, or Condiment King or Egghead or King Tut or indeed any number of villains from the Lego Batman movie.

Or, you know, Captain Boomerang. The guy who throws boomerangs.

No one working on that movie understood anything.

Up to and including "how to make a movie good."

Hey, Boomerang was one of the few good parts of SS.

>t. hollywood actor

Hi Mr Diesel, whats it like being the alpha-nerd?

Oh, I agree he was awesome. But seriously, he's a wacky concept.
Which makes him even better.

>script written in 6 weeks
>studio definitely had a hand in rushing and changing stuff
>editing team is the one that makes their trailers

At that point you didn't even need to see the movie to know it would be a mess. The script is the biggest flaw though. I swear it's a crime, when you have good scenarios like in the Arkham games, yet the movies, that have a significantly greater budget and impact are so shit at writing.

Post proof Mr. Gas

Should have made "Captain Boomerang" an insulting moniker people use because he's Australian. He wanted to be called something else, but once the press got hold of it, that was that. Now his eye twitches whenever someone refers to him as that, but he tries not to show it. He even pretends to love it, hoping that will encourage people to call him anything else.
Even Stick In Rectum Man would be in on it.
His actual abilities are IEDs.

Oh when everyone works together as a team and becomes somewhat friendlier, defeating the big bad, they decide they will call him something else.

Captain Didgeridoo.

>Bronze Age (90s-present)
WRONG.

The "Bronze Age" of comics is largely considered to run from 1970 to 1985. From then you move into what's known as the "iron age" or "modern age" where things got far less stupidly childish and cartoony but got stupidly gritty and edgy because MATUR COMICS FER ADUWTS, (the lowest point, the 90s POUCHES AND GUNS era is also known as "the Dark Age"). In a few years comics fags will probably decide we've split into a new "age" some time around the late 2000s as the tone of most major publications has started to shift again.

I am now imagining that Leto killed one or two people for the sake "getting into character".

Or everyone starts arguing over his new name. Captain Koala, Captain Wombat, Captain Dingos-ate-my-baby.

I once played a CUHRAYZEE fish malk'ish character.
Thankfully it ended up being fun for all parties involved.

I think the main reason why it worked, and I think this could make or break other coo coo for coco puffs characters, is that I wasn't the star of the show.
I purposefully played a second fiddle in our group of heroes, and I never hogged the lime light from others.
My character was always doing something stupid, but it was happening in the background.
Only if it seemed like the story wasn't going anywhere, I did something to drive the plot forward.

Also I was actually useful mechanically so I wasn't just a dribbling idiot.

No. There are no good parts of SS

>He actually kind of likes that last one
>He's even singled out a Holden to call the Babyeatermobile
>His own stumbling block is that that he can't get anyone to make his monstrously culturally insensitive logo for his suit.

>t. hollywood actor

how many Hollywood actors can there be on Veeky Forums anyway?
and how many of them steal plots and characters from here?

Can you name his impact on the movie? What did he do apart from that non sensical boomerang camera

Players like these: Go fuck yourself.

There's nothing to ruin a campaign as one idiot's insistence on try to steal the spotlight on him/herself with "LOL my character is crazy, what's you gonna do?!".

Honestly "mere presence not making the movie worse" counts as "best part" for Shitshow Squad.

But I liked Leto's Joker.

Sure it wasn't Ledger (OMG so bestest actor 4eva!!?!) but he had character and certainly did his own thing.

Also I was happily surprised by Robbie's Harley, she did good.

Delevingne wasn't good tho.

trips confirm vinn diesel
vinn diesel what's your favourite system and what kinds of characters do you like to make, or what tone campaign do you like?

Some good jokes? Comic relief is an important part of some films, like it or not.

Objectively shit taste.

>t. hollywood actor
You're that one guy from Sharknado 2, aren't you?

>His actual abilities are IEDs.

Man, I am really bitter over what they did with his son in Blackest Night.

>Hey, let's take the guy who was friends with Nightwing and Supergirl, who worked like hell to prove himself and make him into a deranged serial killer feeding people to zombies.

What do you,fags,have against Stanislavski's system?

Was Stanislavski the crazy child molester or am I thinking of Brecht?

Does Vin Diesel really post on Veeky Forums?
Will he ever admit to being a fa/tg/uy?

It's safe to assume that they were all crazy child molesters.

You are a pretty cool guy, Mr. Diesel

>I'm no comic books expert, but generally American capeshit is divided into the Golden Age (30s-60s), Silver Age (60s-90s) and Bronze Age (90s-present).

Yeah we can tell :D

best Joker was and will be Luke Skywalker

Why would Vin Diesel spell behavior like a foreigner

I kinda wonder if there are any famous people posting on Veeky Forums

I'm pretty sure Keanu Reaves browses at least some of the boards

/r9k/?

>Will he ever admit to being a fa/tg/uy?
He admited he loves D&D multiple times
I'm pretty sure Riddick is based on his game
well, he dates a trap

Mark Hamill is such a gift to Mankind. His twitter is proof of that.

>he dates a trap

Say what?

A bunch of shit was cut from the movie, mind you. Even if you were to take it in the context of a capeshit movie and just have fun with it, the pacing absolutely blows donkey dick and a lot of good stuff was cut by the producers meddling with it, thinking they knew what would sell.

Technically, it DID sell, it sold really well.

I mean I went to see it, but god, if studios start pumping out shit like this because SS made a lot of money, it's going to be bad.

I can't find it but his gf is barerly passable transsexual girl

Eh, I've seen worse.

>my character is CRAZY
>acts normal most of the time
>only uses insanity to justify reckless, impulsive and stupid decisions

It sold because of trailers + people were interested in the premise. They nailed that part. But the actual movie was trod on by the producers and toned down to give it a PG-13 rating rather than R. If they'd had left the creators alone and let them go with an R rating like Deadpool I think it would've been much more fun. The Suicide Squad comics were far far darker than the movie was.

I was really waiting for this scene to become the new Bane posting. It had so much potential.

Admit to browsing Veeky Forums probably never, if he even browses, but his powerlevel is hardly a secret.

It's much easier to place "big guy/something" "for you" somewhere. All it takes is for something/someone to be slightly bigger than average.

That's actually pretty cool. You wouldn't expect the dude who plays the muscled tough slightly dumb guy to play TTRPG.

Warner Bros are the guys who won't let the "comic book people" near the scripts for their comic book movies because they "can't write movies". Of course the writers didn't understand the characters.

Dude unironically wanted to make a vidya on his own studio about his D&D character named Melkor, of all names.
The guy gives no fucks. Sadly the studio is defunct in all but name.

>My character is insane.
>Everyone expects him to be lolrandom

Hey, Heath Ledger was a good method actor. Leto, on the other hand just used it as an excuse to be a chaotic stupid asshole.

Heath Ledger got into character by skateboarding

That's also wrong. The Dark Age is considered part of the Bronze Age which is largely considered a deconstruction of the Silver Age. Heroes were mentally unstable, and addicted to drugs, and "hyper violence" ran rampant.

The modern era, (about 2000-present) is considered the time of reconstruction. The critique that the Bronze Age brought fourth are kept in mind, but the grittier parts are toned down, and many of the sillier and sometimes childish elements of the Silver Age are brought back but reinvented so that they function consistently with the now more serious world of the comics.

That said, the first guys timeframe was off on more than one point. The Silver Age started already in the 40's around the time when America got involved in WWII. This was the time when comics tried to sell you war bonds and stamps and when Superman said that "it's ok to slap a jap" and so on.

If Boomer had made a single racist joke/comment I would have instantly given the movie a 5/10 it was okay
But he didn't so its true score of 2 for being godfuckingawful stands.

Yes, he did do his own thing. His own thing just happened to be stupid, unfunny, and all around kinda shitty. What did you find likable about his performance?

I actually kind of liked Leto's Joker.

He's not Ledger, no, but Ledger's Joker had clear motives. He hated being thought of as crazy or a freak - he wanted to prove everyone was as bad as him, including Batman. Despite what he said in the film, he had a clear plan that he adapted as he went.

Leto, meanwhile, is a gangster, but a seriously unhinged one. He reminded me of the drug dealer in Breaking Bad who gets high on his own supply and stabs his friends, but with more laughter. You're always on edge around him because you don't know what he wants or what he's going to do next.

The method acting part was dumb and unnecessary, though.

It has a few jokes that do fall genuinely flat. It's still pretty funny, but it has aged poorly.

Blazing Saddles, on the other hand, is still fucking hilarious from start to end.

Likewise, Batman: Assault on arkham was best suicide squad movie.

Amen
Now this was a motherfucker who was CuhRazay, but was an actual intelligent threat who walked that thin line between edgy and hammy.
And it was great

Reeves is responsible for most of the /ak/ threads on /k/.
You heard it here first.
He is a massive Bebopfag and also operator as fuck.

My gentlemen of Nubian descent.

Ledger's Joker lacks a critical bit, he isn't fucking funny.

Leto's Joker is pic related.

Batman got his no-kill rule in 1940 shortly after the introduction of Robin when he began gaining popularity among children and moving away from the darker pulp stories that were ripped off from The Shadow. The no-kill rule happened right after Joker's first appearance, as a result of the same issue even. Seduction of the Innocent, which caused the Comics Code, wasn't published until 1954.

Lmao really? I mean, he sure shows some proper guns skills in his trainings for John Wick (going to see the 2 tonight hopefully) but Reeves being on Veeky Forums?
...Actually, it kinda makes sense.

You just know Will Smith was trying to work out how he could kill Leto and blame of it on Jaden.

"How can the charges be real if my skin isn't real?"

Smithis also one of the reasons the script was shit imo.

I'm willing to bet he came in with his several pages of reclamations about his character if they wanted him in the movie. They tried wayyyy too hard to make him a good guy, and in turn all the others got so little screentime it's ridiculous.

>"On set, things were crazy. It was like a freaking insane asylum. One time, Will Smith asked for sugar for his coffee... and I fucked him in the ass."
- Jared Leto, Suicide Squad.

Now that's a movie I'd watch. Billed as a huge, dark superhero blockbuster. Actually 90 minutes of Will Smith getting fucked in the ass by cast members while he screams and scrabbles and tries to escape.

>Now that's a movie I'd watch.
>90 minutes of Will Smith getting fucked in the ass
>he screams and scrabbles and tries to escape.

End your life.

But how? Wild Wild West? After Earth? Bagger Vance? There's so many shitty choices!