Do we know anything about the contents of MM17 yet?

Do we know anything about the contents of MM17 yet?

No.
At least one more week before spoilers start officialy

Any desperately-needed overpriced archetype-required cards will be printed at Mythic, raising the price.

Commons will be 70% worthless garbage, minimum. Uncommons will be 50% worthless garbage minimum. Rares will be 25% worthless garbage minimum.

Any complaints will be dismissed as necessary development decisions to make a good limited environment.

Still no Damnation reprint, for some reason.

>>Commons will be 95% worthless garbage, minimum. Uncommons will be 80% worthless garbage minimum. Rares will be 55% worthless garbage minimum. Mythics will be 40% worthless garbage minimum.

FTFY. Anyone who opens any MM17 is irreparably stupid.

>Still no damnation reprint, for some reason

Wizards has known for a while that "Is this the set we finally reprint damnation in? Pre-order today to find out!" sells more packs than they possibly could by actually reprinting the damn card.

Same with Liliana of the Veil and the zendikar fetches. Though even if they do get reprinted, their price will jump by 30% each just like tarmogoyf.

>a good limited environment
Isn't the point of MM to help cards that need reprints and "help people get into the format" according to wizards? Why don't they make an actual reprint set and not some bullshit draft set, that's what conspiracy exists for right?

I mean you don't have to print goyf at common, but having actual reprints instead of this bullshit mythic garbage while 90% of the cards are unplayable crap at a premium is just stupid.

This was brought up in the wake of the first MM when people were ticked that Goyf was mythic.
Maro says it's because they don't want to tank the value.

>Maro says it's because they don't want to tank the value.

>>Let's come up with a set to make an expensive format affordable, but let's make sure we don't put too many expensive cards in it.

Another example of how you should never, ever trust anything this company stooge says. Modern and Eternal Masters is just another way to make money off people's stupidity.

I dunno, Eternal Masters did kick the dick in on the price of a few Legacy cards I wanted like Sinkhole and Karakas.

Some jackass posted this a while back, but don't read into it too much.

yeah, can't read into that much. reeks of nonsense.

I'd be down for all of those cards though. Allied Swords of X and Y would be nuts!

>mongoose
>counterspell
>strix
Why must you toy with my heart user?

I'm just trying to stir up excitement.

The only thing I'm actually interested in in any Masters set nowadays is the tokens; and I'm certain they know that because they always go out of their way to have a card that introduces a new token (or art that is jacked from MTGO). I'm only "excited" because it's the only thing that might be new and available in large quantities.

I don't understand why this product sells at all or if the morons buying it realize that they are the reason why this company doesn't every make the Masters product better. This will be the third time we've been through this (MM, MM, Eternal Masters) and what you've said is just exactly what is always going to happen. It's no longer prophetic, it's just predictable.

I'm getting tired of being bitter and angry at the way they release things. I've stopped buying sealed product long ago. I don't understand why they don't want my money.

So, 2 cards out of 249. And Sinkhole was $20 before, so in the grand scheme of things, not a whole world of difference. The original statement stands. EMA did jackshit to make Legacy affordable.

>I don't understand why this product sells at all
The primary consumers of Modern Masters are people who want to take advantage of the limited print run and resell it down the line when it's impossible to get.

>>MM15

Yeah, that was pointed out in the thread too.

Then who the fuck buys it down the line?

Retards who celebrate their special occasion with a MM draft?

It's annoying knowing that they eschew raw revenue knowing that the upside from product scarcity enforces consumer confidence and props up secondary and tertiary industries, which will continue to support and maintain its customer base in the future. Business is a fucking cold world.

It sounds like you need to embrace the Chinaman of Happy Cardboard. Trust the Chinaman.

I've already given hundreds of dollars to the Chinaman and in turn he has provided me with tens of thousands of dollars in fake cardboard.

It's too fucking bad most players can't do the same.

Why not?

Why can't they? Who the fuck knows. I can only speculate on why they can't buy fakes and none of the answers are comforting.

- can't get credit card, which you can get at any supermarket
- can't use Google to find the stores
- believes that paying $3000 for a Black Lotus (or $80 for a Scalding Tarn) is a perfectly reasonable thing to do as is supporting the company that supports that price

I understand some people want to support their local store. But I can't imagine a store just drowning in Power and original duals. And if people were less retarded, they would support the store in other ways or charitably offer to pay more for attendance fees.

>believes that paying $3000 for a Black Lotus (or $80 for a Scalding Tarn) is a perfectly reasonable thing to do as is supporting the company that supports that price

Playing in Modern/Legacy against people with foiled-out decks with my mostly-Chinaman one makes me happy in my pants.

>Flametongue Kavu
I would love to play the shit out of it. I know this is fake, but please God, let our Kavu overlord be modern legal someday.

Nobody wants to buy Chinamen because people have a sense of wrongdoing by buying fakes when others have spent a lot of money on their cards. Doesn't help that you sound like an jerk, which doesn't help your cause.

>Doesn't help that you sound like an jerk
I only sound like a faggot because I'm saying things online that I can't say in real life. You think I say this shit to people in real life?

isn't you anyways. However, Magic is a Social game, and people don't feel comfortable with playing with cards that are meant to be real cards.

Eternal masters helped me get a force of will, a foil wasteland, a sneak attack, all the tutors, a regular wasteland and a few other cards I wanted. It was a great set and was much better than modern masters.

My cause? I could not care less whether you buy fakes or not.

I'm just curious why someone would want to protect a company that has no problem in teaming up with secondary market vendors to run a train on players.

Case in point. Now run the math on how much money you "saved" and slowly walk into the sunset, contemplating how you were taken advantage of.

How much do you think i spent on the box? I preordered before it was in the 200 dollar range before the set was spoiled. I made 100 bucks off that foil wasteland so I made money all things considered. Dont make uninformed shitposts when trying to evaluate a magic set because it just makes you look like a fool.

Uncommons shifted up to rare, rares shifted up to mythic. As usual.

First of all, I have to believe that you cracked 1 Force of Will, 2 Wasteland, 1 Sneak Attack, 1 Vampiric, 1 Mystical and 1 Enlightened tutor. All in 1 box. Okay. It could happen

But, just because you opened a fantastic box, that does not mean it was a wise investment. Just like advising someone to spend $1000 on lottery tickets is not wise, even if you can win $1 million. See the difference?

It'll be like all sets before. There will be a few nice reprints at mythic that won't lower existing prices at all and some weird mythic rarity combo will dominate competetive play.

>Rares 55% worthless
>Getting something good nearly half the time

This would be a dream.

This guy fucking gets it
>people have a sense of wrong doing
Lmao good goy keep paying them hundreds of dollars on easily reprintable card board.

>I made 100 bucks off that foil wasteland so I made money all things considered.
That's results oriented thinking. We try to avoid that, especially in Limited.

Somewhere out there some poor bastard got the Worldgorger Dragon Foil.

Regardless, both you and the Worldgorger guy made the wrong play - only you came out on top and he and probably nine others got the shit result.

Why can't they just re release the original Modern Masters? It was damn near perfect.

You can't stop people from being pieces of shit. Don't appeal to the good nature of people when I can just as easily appeal to the bad nature of people.

You can't stop the secondary market no different than you can stop ticker scalpers. The problem is that the Wizards, the "government-corporation" in this case, is acting in bad nature and for some reason people are blaming everyone else but them when they ultimately have the power to minimize the damage bad natured people can have on this game.

Wizards doesn't even have to be in cahoots with the secondary market, but they're certainly behaving in such a way that benefits them above the player.

I don't know if you know this but this doesn't only apply to Legacy players. During Aether Revolt my store ran out of pre-release packages because Wizards only sends product proportional to the store's previous attendance levels. So if you have a low turnout before they fuck you for the next one. That is only a fucking problem if you MUST use those prerelease packs to play the game and you must because they have a fucking foil promo in them. If Wizards had just stuck to regular Sealed then that would never have been a problem.

They are just experimenting with bullshit non-stop making everything complicated. Whoever who has played over three years gets to witness this bullshit and over 5 years you're guaranteed to see it all. The question is why experienced players ignore this shit.

they'll only act when their revenue will drop, and even then they'll most likely casualise the game even more to appeal more people

the real problem is a lack of competitor

>when others have spent a lot of money on their cards

That's nice. "You did not get the cards when they were affordable, so now you don't get to play". It seems to me you are a jerk too, bub. A different kind, but a jerk nonetheless.

>Hearthstone implements Standard/Vintage formats
Magic is so fucked.

No phone app, garbage PC program, shitty incomplete-feeling Duels, paper is absurdly expensive not to mention you have to go outside and it's banned in most schools. You can play Hearthstone or Yu Gi Oh on a phone in schools, and that's what kids are going to be doing.

Their digital division is going to take at least three years to make a functioning client that must look at least as pretty as Hearthstone. Three years is a lot of time in this marketplace, that's middle or high school for some people; that's college for others.

Magic will always be there for people to transition from Hearthstone/YGO to the "better" game. Just like how many people move from Nintendo to PC/Playstation/XBox. But there's a difference between gaming and card games, card games require a lot more investment and it won't be easy to move from one to another especially when you consider the digital assets were paid for and can't be easily sold back to the card shop; even if someone wanted to leave Hearthstone for Magic they probably won't because unlike console gaming the investment has been significantly more than the investment put into a card game.

>real problem is a lack of competitor

Fakes have been getting pretty good these last couple of years. They are getting used even in competitive play nowadays. It is only a matter of time until they become a real problem, so Wizards might have a competitor soon.

See
Hearthstone is going to slay this game soon. Magic is going to bleed until its digital division gets going, but once it does, I think the entire game will be too crippled to recover.

You can't casualize the game any further, then you're treading on Pokemon/YGO/JapaneseWaifuCards territory. They always were on top by having the superior product but because they've dogfucked the presentation for all these years Hearthstone as well as the waifucardgames who have more sparkles is taking over.

Biggest mistake is taking the tits out of your game Magic.

well you are talking about people with low social capital whose only worthwhile possession are cardboard

of course they'll be jerk about it instead of thinking «well perhaps 1000$ for cards is a little too much»

they are also the living proof that the «homo economicus» is a scam

here, I'm just saying what it is, no need to Ad Hominem me. That's what quite a few people think.

The games gonna be okay, blizzdrones. You can leave now. Nobody is gonna buy that load of shit.

I personally can't afford Legacy. I never said anything about if I think there's should be reprints (which I do wish for).
While they're not actually a competitor as much as a bootlegger, Wizards isn't really going to care about them until either:
>Fakes become ingrained in the secondary market
or
>Chinamen manage to successfully crack the M15 Holostamp.

Digital will be the biggest threat, but it's not going to be HS.

What'll kill magic is a digital card game that has an actual counterplay system and can scratch that Itch. HS is very simplified and now most CGs out there use simplified mechanics (no actual counterplay, mana is usually simplified).

Nobody cares what the people with ethics think. We only care about what they do NOT think - identifying that the game is expensive because Wizards refuses to print shit at a reasonable rate.

Furthermore, we also care what the people without ethics feel, because they're the ones exploiting the situation.

Do you see the situation here? Wizards is being shitty, the bad people are taking advantage of it, and the good people are ignoring the fact that you need people to buy cards to play the game and there are less and less people willing to take the plunge, thus also ignoring that their ability to play in the future is possibly in jeopardy (inb4 I live in a big city and have no problems). And in the slim minority are people on Veeky Forums bitching about how stupid the whole situation is.

Wizards is behaving as if it does not want a healthy environment; it's pushing all the good people out while leaving the bad people behind. Magic itself may not die where the population is large enough to sustain it but tonnes upon tonnes of small communities are biting it not only because of Magic but because it's getting harder and harder to break even selling comics, cards, and board games with online sales being what they are.

>What'll kill magic is a digital card game that has an actual counterplay system and can scratch that Itch
I agree that there's an itch there to be scratched. But I no longer believe that the superiority of a product is defined by it's quality of gameplay.

I feel that Magic is like fighting games. It's a genre that has invested nothing in raising a new generation of players because it has always reveled in its complexity to sell it but society no longer produces old school nerds who are self motivation - what is becoming king is accessibility, which Magic has none of.

To me, the only reason Magic Online survives is because the paper segment of the game feeds to it. It is necessary that players get the real-life interactions to learn the intricacies of the game in order to play the real online game. Even if tomorrow Magic Online became perfect, if there is no paper game to feed players to it it will fail - it will be like Space Station 13 or Mortal Kombat, it will be too complicated for most people to pick up; the people who play those games are either highly motivated or they depend on discussions with real life or really thorough online guides to get them into it.

And I won't repeat it here but the paper game is having issues.

At this point I want to say Magic is like DotA in terms of market position. DotA has all the same issues as Magic. Except DotA is fucking free - more free than LoL which makes all those problems disappear.

Wizards is suffering everywhere.
Eternal-wise...
>First modern masters had too much value, prices skyrocketed
>MM2 had low value and damaged cards
>Eternal Masters had an abysmal print, and then somehow got reprinted
>Commander 16 had the problem of only 2 of the 5 decks being wanted
>Conspiracy 2 was smashed in too close to Kaladesh which sucks as it had a good amount of reprints.
>MTGO online doesn't have conspiracy 2 cards,meaning the Monarch mechanic can't be used in EDH and the metagame isn't like paper as D&T aren't up to par.
>Everything about the Reserved List
In standard
>Development is making Design look bad
>Multiple subpar standards
>Certain cards are pushed too much
>FFL can't actually be counted on to fix things as the cards are still changing as they test
>For a good amount of time most FNM cards were extremely bad and had little use.

Meant for
I'm just hoping that it'll turn around somehow, because the only people who can fix this mess is Wizards themselves.

>MTGO online doesn't have conspiracy 2 cards

the have a few but you can only win them in treasure chests.

Yeah, but recruiter isn't in there which is used in legacy D&T

Recruiter of the guard?

That's on mtgo senpai

Then I must be thinking of Palace Jailer.

I've given Wizards five years (since the implementation of Modern) to turn it around. I hoped for five years and all they gave me was taking everything good away and giving nothing back and giving us the shittiest excuses ever. Comet Storm at Mythic, ruins Limited, ruins pulls, nobody in Constructed wants it - literally wasting opportunity to the benefit of actually nobody. At my job if I made a Comet Storm decision I would get fucking fired - my boss would drag me into the office and ask, "who the fuck does this benefit?"

The thing is, if they turn it around tomorrow there will be tonnes of players new and old who will not have the background I have. They will see Magic as a brilliant and wonderful game.

Fine. But they're not going to turn it around tomorrow. It needs steroids and a regimen of full spectrum antibiotics and several organ transplants to alleviate the suffering. Five years ago we were at Stage 1 Cancer, it's now Stage 4 and it's everywhere and metastasizing. They move like a slow useless lumbering ship that takes years to make a 180 turn. And in the years it takes for them to unfuck themselves and become the game it needs to be the game is just going to die. They waited too long to steer the ship where it needed to be.

I just looked up their announcement for Amonkhet: Leagues, Draft Release Weekend, promo full-art basic lands, MTGO Prerelease happening one week after the real one. PTQ structure changes again, Nationals come back. They are STILL experimenting trying to find a goddamn cure - just throwing ideas at players who are fucking exhausted at being excited about something only to have these people trash the idea the next year. They are testing new shit and bringing back shit nobody cared about.

The fundamental rule of "new" in business is that the best time to test new things is when the weather is calm so your consumers don't mind if you shake the boat.

The weather is not calm.

Yeah, the supports are falling. Legacy is slowing down growth, Modern is in a weird condition, Frontier is made as an response to all of this while the only growing one is Commander because it's a very casual format that relies on it's playgroups regulating themselves.

Standard is needing of a large Change, which is shown by the new Saturday events. Modern needs to also be accessible as well because Wizards is targeting Teens and young adults, which don't have or want to spend the money needed to get in Modern.

We know that cards that desperately need a reprint won't get them, inflating prices even higher.

Also it'll probably be balanced around draft AGAIN meaning more pieces of shit like this.

The problem is that since Modern Masters sets have such a small print run, the cards that DO desperately need a reprint will inflate the prices higher because the demand rises exponentially compared to supply. This is why EMA/CN2 worked, they had much bigger print runs.

Look at Tarmogoyf. His price has gone up 30% with each reprint because there's so few new goyfs and so many new players needing goyfs.

Are you seriously implying that this thing is even remotely fair in draft?

It is one of the best cards in Limited history. Top 10. Maybe even Top 5. It's so bananas that you can place it in any Draft format and it will break the game. It's up there with Gideon, Drana, Jitte, and Pack Rat.

It is the most offensive card ever reprinted in a draftable format and it has been reprinted. Comet Storm screams, "we have no fucking idea what we're doing; even worse we don't even have the sense to ask other people who do know."

>gone up 30%
It's worse than that, man. Once upon a time, Goyfs were $20-30 each.
Of course, then Modern happened and ruined everything.

I just want a vizzerdrix reprint.

In my rage I want to add that if instead of reprinting Comet Storm in MM15 they instead had printed a blank card at Mythic it would still have been less offensive to Limited players than reprinting Comet Storm.

Goyf was $75 before Modern was announced; I was playing ALA-ZEN Jund at that time and distinctly remember that; I wasn't around to see it at the $20/$30 mark. I want to strangle every person who celebrates the price "drops" of Goyf.

I can never tell if people like you are just Wizards shills trying to downplay the consensus in the thread by offering a completely inoffensive statement or if you're just the sort of person who has to announce that they're sitting on the fence.

Cards printed in MM17 wouldn't make them Modern legal. This post is nonsense.

I genuinely do want a vizzerdrix reprint. My mom got me into mtg back in like 97. She gave me all of her cards a few years later, including a w/u deck with like 160 cards including like 11 vizzerdix. Ive got something like 30 total, so its always had a stupid soft spot in my life.

The only change Standard needs is affordable cards.

You can open $1000 in booster boxes and not open a playset of a Mythic needed for a deck. Then you have players turning to the singles market but there's no way that their local store can possibly provide a playset for all the players by cracking product. So players turn to the online market, which as a result diverts revenue away from the local store.

Whether the local store goes under, stops hosting Standard, or Standard just no longer fires because young players stop showing up knowing they can't fight these juggernaut decks - Standard ultimately dies.

I hope they revisit split second, suspend, and flashback.... but i dont have any hopes.

Personal story aside, I will be buying mm17. I don't buy much mtg whether sealed or singles, and this is a fun way to get randomized cards that interest me. I don't hope to get my money out of it, more just like cool singles i'd never think of buying myself, like shardless agent and some deathrites.

At some point, we need to realize that the current state of affairs is actually what Wizards wants: people playing standard for a couple of years, then they get tired of the endless bullshit, then they quit for a couple of years and hopefully come back. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Oh yeah, it's totally what Wizards wants. You always want the easy money, they don't have any standards you need to fulfill. Older players are detrimental because they will talk of better times regardless if they're better times or not.

There's a problem that I need addressed though.

The problem is that this wave of growth is a direct result of old players who have grown up and have promoted this game to a younger generation. The people in their 20-30s are the ones responsible for this growth in the game.

What happens when this surge runs out? Wizards is making their shit decisions based on the premise this surge will sustain itself. With their goal to have players dip in and out, how many long-term players will they have like we have right now today? In time, they will be utterly dependent on fresh recruits because they have done nothing to keep old players around. You sucker a kid for one or two years but they smell how horrible Standard is (in part thanks to older players) and they quit.

Wizards can't play this disgusting game with players because the people who actually suffer from this are the stores. The stores get shit on constantly to try and keep up attendance numbers and Wizards does nothing to help them.

See
>cool singles i'd never think of buying myself
Can't you just look through the visual spoiler and buy the singles?

Or better yet, simulate opening a box on draft simulator and then go and buy the singles you "opened". Or is that too much like taking methadone, you fucking junkie?

>"You did not get the cards when they were affordable, so now you don't get to play".

This is the problem. NOBODY is buying these cards now. The prices have risen way past the point where they move. Only people who have shit like Moxen are people who started playing in 1993 and bought them back when they were under $100.

Thats not really how I process desu. I see it as like, when i buy a pack of an mm or ema set, i only do it one at a time. usually what ill do is go home, open the pack, and pick a card or two out of it and try to build some janky shit around it. I also like cards that while may not have a lot of financial value, have some decent significance in mtg history, shit like kird apes or redcaps. The worst, and most open for ridicule reason i buy shit like this is that im insanely autistic about using shit i didnt open, and having as close to gem mint condition as possible. The only singles I've ever purchased were a couple of gitrogs and some goblins back in like 2007.

See? I told you a while ago. Anyone who opens any MM17 is irreparably stupid.

Meh, if thats how you feel man. Really though, spending any amount of money that you dont make back on cardboard is pretty stupid.

No offense man, but you're killing it for the rest of us. I know people like you in real life, and I can't say it to them in person because there's more than one of them but that's just godawful behavior and spending habits; I don't care if you can afford it or not.

It's like buying bottled water. Even if everyone else is doing it it's still a shit idea. You are presented with a financially superior option to get what you want in buying singles and you are opting for the worst decision by buying a pack.

We all make the shit decision to buy cardboard with our money, but you are doing it in the worst imaginable way.

ITT: Everybody complains about how they can't buy a modern deck because wizards doesn't accept good boy points.

>Implying that Modern isn't too expensive

So by choosing to get a semi random assortment, to have fun in trying to build a new deck i never would have thought of, im ruining this for you guys? I simply can't afford 90% of the singles I want, even if I wasnt autistic about buying them. Buying a pack here or there and having fun doing it isn't hurting anyone, im not buying cases of the shit champ. Like I literally said I buy it one pack at a time. It'd be one thing if I was cracking cases looking to flip my profits.

Flashback and suspend were literally archetypes in EMA. Split Second is a bullshit unfun mechanic that discourages interaction.

Lol buying packs in 2017. You are totally right on that. Even if I had money to piss away, I wouldnt buy packs. What a stupid way of buying cards, whatever TCG it is.

That's exactly what I was implying. The format is far cheaper and more diverse than it was two years ago, and staples continue to decrease in price as the format rounds out. Wizards has done a ton for modern affordability, people who complain just want to build Jund for 100$ but that's never going to happen.

>hearthstone implements standard/vintage formats

You mean like they did like 8 months ago?

Suspend wasn't in EMA

But going by what MaRo says:
>Flashback is usually we'll received and is a nice mechanic, so it's coming back
>Suspend is very complex (counters in exile) and is a word sandwich, probably not coming back soon
>Split second can't be reacted to and also Violates NWO (has to mention the Stack).

Right. Cause you should only spend money if you are guaranteed a return.

And while we are at it, I guess it is just as bad spending $1.50 on a playset of Kird Apes, $5 on an Arabian Nights one, or $8 on an EMA booster and hope you crack one so you can go home and try to build a deck around it. Only thing is, one of those options hurts other players. Guess which one.

Last time I checked most competitive decks are like 400$ or so.

but fighting games are thriving with increasingly larger turn out at major tournaments year after year?

Who cares, they are fun and allow for strong synergies with the needed reprint cards. They wont be printing cards like splinter twin, rite of flame or counterspell because you cant play those in modern. If they put these archetypes they have more reason to include lotv, goyfs and snapcasters because those cards will be doing things other than being reprinted, they'll be increasing amount of fun you can have with the deck you drafted. I also want to see faries come back too but I have no faith in wotc after kaladesh.

That is not the point. The point is that $50 fetches, $80 Tarmogoyfs and $70 Lillianas have that price solely because Wizards wants them to. And that is not right. No one is saying that they should be $10 each, but current prices are ridiculous and are hurting the game.

Exactly. That's cheaper than a lot of standard formats. The price of modern is reasonable, there's a ton of viable archetypes, and even stuff like goyf and scalding tarn are trending down in price. NEETs just won't stop complaining until they can pick up duel deck Goyf Vs Snapcaster at walmart. It's just entitlement.

Not at all what was implied there. Only that pointing out my "irresponsible" spending habits also leaves your habits open for criticism.

Like I mentioned before, I can't afford to purchase all of the singles I like, and I quite enjoy the randomized aspect. I forgot to mention that I also love foils, eve dirt cheap shit ones.

But again, you fail to mention my personal, albeit, incredibly autistic prerequisites of needing to open the card myself, and worrying about the best of the best quality. I've always been into the deckbuilding aspects of mtg, and buying semi randomized packs really lends a hand to the creative aspect of deckbuilding. Hypothetically, if I wasn't autistic, I absolutely could randomly pick singles, or pick the singles I like out of a card list. That simply just isnt half as fun as dealing with whatever I get in the pack. I built a janky as fuck honden deck a month or two ago out of getting two foiled hondens of life's web, and it was a fucking blast to play. I never would have actually purchased those cards otherwise. Im sorry that in a game full of hundreds of thousand, if not millions of players, I tend to lean towards things I enjoy rather than what would make some dude on Veeky Forums happy.

Masters sets shouldnt be restricted by complexity issues. Like the point of including master in the title is the fact the set is for players who have mastered the game in all aspects up to the start of the modern era, including time spiral.

I will buy a box when it comes out, regardless of contents, because I buy a box of every set. Why? Well, why not? I'm an adult with a real job and disposable income. I just want a wide variety of fancy cardboard for my collection. If I get more or less playable things, that's just a bonus. All I expect is some fancy new artwork and maybe a few chase cards.

So, you don't care that Masters sets are a total ripoff and a blatant lie to the community because you are over 18 and can afford it. Cool.

Notice that I did not call you an adult, because you do not act like one.

In other words, you are WotC's dream customer. A complete moron.