>The old:
mediafire.com/?njg3a0ne7v130
>The new:
>Need to Know
dropbox.com/s/6vc7fuxg5n5jyfd/Delta Green Need to Know.pdf?dl=1
>Agent's Handbook
uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1461968691
mega.nz/#!8c5kFbJL!bAYHcyWX_RUbvoAMWI63E7XLUdfU19APQnWIv5tzamk

Tell us about your best game ever, be it spooky, tense, or overall fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/golden-goblin-press/the-7th-edition-guide-to-cthulhu-invictus/comments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP fucked up, abandon thread

His otherworld is boring as fuck. Everythng is constantly changing and dont scream in agony when it bullies some other old ones and their slaves.
Only in our reality the bullying is fun.
So it comes again and again as often as it can.

I'm running a long new Delta Green campaign.

I pull punches and fudge rolls in favor of the players, because I'm interested in their character development. Not too often, though.

I focus on the investigative and action scenes, and less on the horrors, although it naturally comes from the descriptions and tension.

I have obviously unnatural but mostly harmless minor beneficial things that people in the know can use, and they are doing so, after thorough testing by the Program.

I have obviously unnatural but benevolent entities, like earthly spirits and deities. How come the ayys have patron gods and humans don't? Sometimes they even act as allies, although never directly.

I don't give a fuck about cosmic horror and inevitability of anything and let players win, if they put enough effort, because it's a game. The baddies will come back anyway, because they're space magic aliens.

At one point, I had the head cultist and the party have a conversation. The cultist was basically re-telling an altered version of "Friends on the Other Side". The players never caught me.

Sometimes I allow food at my table, despite it being a horror game. One time I made the player throw up a little with a particularly graphic description.

I actually like Derleth's works.

Fite me.

>I don't give a fuck about cosmic horror and inevitability of anything and let players win
>One time I made the player throw up a little with a particularly graphic description.
>I actually like Derleth's works.

My fury knows no bounds.

What upsets you so much? It's only a game, after all :^)

>I don't give a fuck about cosmic horror and inevitability of anything and let players win, if they put enough effort, because it's a game.
Jokes on you. They might win in the short term but they are still doomed. That's sort of the point of cosmic horror

Well, that's precisely how I run. Hence "the baddies will come back".

Sort of makes it sound like you DO care about cosmic horror then.

Way I see it, you can win scenarios, adventures and one shots in CoC and DG, but you can't win the war. So long as people are going mad and know it's futile you are sort of doing it exactly right.
If none of your characters are going even slightly mad why even bother with the Cosmic horror setting?

Why aren't we talking about this?

kickstarter.com/projects/golden-goblin-press/the-7th-edition-guide-to-cthulhu-invictus/comments

Because the 20s-30s aesthetic appeals far more to me.

I saw the definition of cosmic horror in tabletops as "don't let the players ever succeed at anything and make it clear that they won't ever do so, have them struggle for basic survival". Somewhere in the previous threads, I think.

Does Yog-Sothoth have a recognizable goal or motivation or does he just occasionally pop in, dissolve some shit with dimensional bubbles, then leave?

Well, that's just stupid. Knowing that you're not going to succeed anyway just leads to apathy, which is the opposite of horror - and in fact, the opposite of what you want from ANY game.

That's what Lovecraft seemed to imply. As in, "your life and everything you will ever achieve don't matter, the universe doesn't make sense, only might is relevant and you don't have any and will never have", and once people internalized that, they were struck by crippling depression, ennui, and obsession, which led to irrevocable insanity.

This doesn't work in a game, yeah.

None of the unnatural entities have a "recognizable" goal or motivation, user. That's the point.

They most likely do, though. It just isn't comprehensible by anyone other then them.

>None of the unnatural entities have a "recognizable" goal or motivation, user. That's the point.
So does Nyarlathotep not fuck with humans an overwhelming majority of the time, forming a pattern of behavior that could be called a goal to our human minds, regardless of how small, useless, or short-term it is to his?

I think hope is what should drive a team of investigators.

If you ever succeed in preventing a cosmic horror to end the world, you can hope that some people will do the same when it'll inevitably come back.

So, can you actually state what his goal is?

For the all relevant (read:human) intents and purposes, to fuck with us as much as possible until he gets bored then wipes us off the ass end of the universe. This may as well be the bit in his daily checklist akin to
>milk
>eggs
>butter
But I don't give a shit about what he actually does in his spare time, I want to know how he appears to humans and if there is any pattern to his actions.

Sure, but that doesn't mean you can't have victories, however small and pyrrhic they may be.

That's just stating that his goal is the process itself. It may or may not be true, but no one will ever know for sure.

As of appearances, he clearly influenced the depictions of Satan in christianity and numerous other bad guys in numerous major religions. Not counting numerous cults of his own incarnations and puppets.

Well, the original inquiry was about Yog-sothoth and if he has anything recognizable other than being omniscient and omnipresent as well as being a lot of 'acidic' bubbles

He did fuck Lavinia Whateley for some reason. So, he probably has something in mind.

what is the source on the pic?

Monsters. Either the first or the second one. Both are not bad imo.

How does that even work? Did he take a human form?

Dunwich Horror doesn't elaborate on that

Welp, multi-dimensional Outer God semen.

Does anyone have some tips or resources for creating props and handouts for games?
Bonus points for video props, I'd like to run an adventure based on Pickman's Model but using obscure art films, but I don't really know where I could get the resources to edit such a clip.
Thanks in advance!

There's a channel on youtube. Propmaker's Home or something like that.

Don't make anything too complicated.

It's easier to find a weird item and adapt your scenario then make a weird item specifically for your scenario from scratch.

If you do bring a prop, use it. Wear the mask, wave the gun at your players, flip through the book. Otherwise it's not a prop, it's table decor.

Digital props don't work unless you're on roll20. So do adventures that heavily feature the interwebz. If you ARE on roll20, go nuts.

Consumable props can sometimes work. I once made a set of "potions" using water, food coloring, milk, fruit juice, three types of cooking oil and various spices. It had seven pairs of vials, each of different color and taste. The characters had to drink them to find the one they needed, and so did the players. The correct one was bright yellow with a very bitter taste.

Handouts are less important, usually simple printout will suffice, but if you want to make a fancy one, don't half-ass it - it will look odd and out of place.

Where can I find spells or spell ideas for 7e?