What do you think about DnD Lego, Veeky Forums?

What do you think about DnD Lego, Veeky Forums?

ideas.lego.com/projects/165437

Other urls found in this thread:

realityprose.com/what-happened-with-lego/
ideas.lego.com/projects/165437
brickquest.com/brickquest/
amazon.com/LEGO-Bricks-10662-Creative-Bucket/dp/B00AWBLS80
youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks pretty cool desu.

The Medusa is cool.

Otherwise, it's worse than the Lego I played with as a kid. I had wizards and warriors and knights and dragons and ninjas and skeletons and samurai, etc.

I'd be all for d&d Lego, but I'd start with collecting the existing awesome Lego that would do the job.

If Wizards has their way, it'll cost 50 cents per stud.

Hasbro would never work with Lego on this. They're a direct competitor and Hasbro has their own not-Lego product line.

Only 50 cents?

It can't be Lego, then.

>What do you think about DnD Lego, Veeky Forums?

Too much work compared to mat+pen

Depends Dane here, LEGO is serious business in our neck of the woods.

>Using LEGO figures as minis
Cool idea, used to play in a one shot game that did this, GM build a small world out of LEGO and it was pretty fucking awesome.

>DnD themed LEGO figures
Insipid stupid marketing gimmick that serves no purpose existing pieces don't, and Hell judging from OP's picture it will end up costing an arm an a leg just to have enough pieces to build a small dungeon. I mean, there is bound to be at least a thousand pieces in that alone and by dungeon standards that is barely a very large basement.

Above example I experienced was only possible because several adults pooled together their collections, and even then it was mostly houses put on a green table cloth.

So ultimately I am with on it, too much work and too expensive.

Why did Lego get so expensive? Price of oil going up?

It's luxury toy pricing now, when I was growing up it wasn't nearly as pricey

Everything's steeped in marketing deals. Not only are they the smart toy that's gonna make your kid an engineer, but they've got deals with every property your kids like.

>Heroica.
Why did it fail?

I assume that it is because they are made in Denmark rather than China. Gotta pay extra for first world labor.

>buy creative building toy licensed from latest cool thing
>get a glorified snap together model kit that can't be used to build anything else

At least you can still buy by the pound on ebay.

Essentially, because of inflation over time and your own perceptions of the cost. In the adjusted "real" costs, they've been pretty stable for the past 30 or so years both for whole sets and when considering costs per-piece.
realityprose.com/what-happened-with-lego/

They already HAVE medieval Lego. Or did when I was a kid.
Be pretty neat for making maps and stuff.

Don't you know? YOU NEEEEVER SPLIT THE PARTY

Used lego minifigs as player tokens. Ended up just going back to MTG dice and whatever the players brought for themselves to use because they kept loosing the smaller parts.

In reality, I don't think Hasjew will ever let anyone else touch their precious Dee n Dee. Highly unlikely to use the IP, but a shameless knockoff would work if Hasbro doesn't try to sue. I don't think HB has trademarked the term "Dungeon Master." I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

It would be expensive enough to rival 40keks.

You could just buy actual fantasy miniatures though

>What do you think about DnD Lego, Veeky Forums?
>ideas.lego.com/projects/165437

I think imitation is a form of flattery.

brickquest.com/brickquest/

>Why did Lego get so expensive? Price of oil going up?
>It's luxury toy pricing now, when my parents were paying for it and I was unaware of the value of money it wasn't nearly as pricey

File related

Lego is pricey always has been. My kids get the generic Legos from aliexpress and mega bloks.

Well yeah, everyone enjoys a good game of D&D, even Lego.

LEGO still sells mixed buckets. They come with special pieces to build some basic things, but it's mostly miscellaneous bricks

amazon.com/LEGO-Bricks-10662-Creative-Bucket/dp/B00AWBLS80

I feel bad for your deprived children.

Dude I hope you're a serious poorfag, because otherwise you're a terrible parent.

This. My family was so poor we'd get knock-offs of everything and never had any toys, but even we had a LEGO drawer, even though the sets were outdated and we rarely got more.

I feel sorry for your kids.

Maybe you should spend less time on Veeky Forums and more time working.

Not to defend the poorfag but I grew up on wooden bricks and empty food cartons and I turned out alright (Veeky Forums habit notwithstanding).

When I was growing up, we were so poor if I wasn't a boy I would've had nothing to play with.

>I'll refuse to pay for RPG product, but if you don't have name brand plastic blocks, you're poor, and its a shame! How dare you not keep up with name brand blocks!

Holy shit. I'm surprised you can even type with your head that firmly lodged up consumerism's asshole.

A friend of min'es group always plays with LEGO minis.
I guess they (or the GM has a box of greeblies.)

Hell I made a Fallout cake formy gf's birthday last year and went a little "extra" crazy to the point where I could have had 4 vault dwellers (6 if I didn't go totally authentic) and a ton of monsters/ NPCs. (I'm falling into the trap where I photograph the damned things.)
- so not unlikely but probably better home grown.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo