What do you think?

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Inaccurate, both death and the plague doctor are far too large to be realistic.

Spain had the right idea attempting to detach itself from this.

I'm pretty sure those cities weren't as large as they are depicted here either.

Shit drawing.

The cities are too unvertain in their placing.
Coppenhagen looks more like a polish cities than netherland.

How fucking nasty were people back then when all you gotta do to not get plagued is to wash your hands from time to time?

wash me hands? and get rid of me lovely filth? not likely

Copenhagen is Danish, not Dutch, user, but you had mee look it up if it was under dutch rule in the 14th century (which it wasn't)

And, as a side note, its placed about as accuratly as London and Paris, Copenhagen lies on Sjaelland, the Island between the part of Denmark that's Germanys appendix and Sweden

But that's not true, it spread through tic bites.

The personal hygene of the average person in the 14th century make the entire indian subcontinent look like a controlled lab.

I didn't know Switzerland was called Paris in the XIVth century

At least it correctly depicts that naked people were dancing around giant mushrooms in Serbia, you have to appreciate such attention to detail.

>giant mushrooms
user, I...

As you can see, rubbing your ass against the cap of a giant mushroom was a popular recreational activity during the Middle Ages. This is often cited as the main reason for the extinction of giant mushrooms.

>Warsaw
>Spared
Feels good.

Not even the plague wanted to visit Poland

Water was considered to contain disease back then so people were less likely to wash their hands, even if they had access to relatively clean water. People believed that diseases were spread through bad smells, this is why plague doctors stuffed herbs in their beaks.

Why is that, do we know?

Serbfag here. This is correct.

I thought the Black Death would want to visit Denmark sooner.

What are you actually asking OP?

Last time this was posted, we nitpicked the map to death, on account of misplacement of cities, poor projection of coastlines & general shape of landmasses. . .

Are you asking us about the map? It's inaccurate, but good enough for a flavor image, I guess.

Are you asking us about the black death? Well, it happened. What do you want to know? Veeky Forums is full of armchair historians. . . .

Guide your discussion damn it! What do you want from us?

itt. Mongols taught the Slavs how to stay clean after learning it themselves from the Chinks.

What are the in the illustrations to the left of Constantinople?

Giant Mushrooms? Or people on circular racks?

I like that Death's robes fade away into a ratstorm.

His hourglass is too tiny though. With those bony fingers, he'll drop the delicate tiny thing.
It should be on a chain, like a bling necklace, and larger.

The jews.

Oh snap.

It also depicts the 15m high rat flood of 1349 in Paris, that went up to Notre-Dame second floor.

That's nothing, the rat flood of 1666 went up to the fourth. When they heard the news the bongs preventively burned their own capital city to the ground.

So why was Poland spared from the Black Death?

Such floods were common in those days.
Only the bravest surfers, called Rat Kings, could safely navigate the pest-infested waves.

Diseased Poles were sent to Britain to fix their plumbing.

>Inaccurate, both death and the plague doctor are far too large to be realistic.
Learn some perspective, dumbass. Death and the plague doctor are several feet closer to you than Europe, and therefore appear somewhat larger than they really are.

>netherland

They had good quarantine practices. They also had a little more time to prepare since several other metropolitan centers were hit first.

The brits went a bit crazy everytime rats were involved. I mean, they began building armored ships and steamers because they were afraid of rodents eating through wood, sails and riggings.

The city learned that Lyon was spared and tried to go there as a result.

Where is Istanbul?

Shut up or I'll send you to the Netherlands

I find interesting how a lot of prejudices against women were born in the aftermath of the Black Plague as a backlash against them due the scarcity of workers in general. "Women are the devil, they are taking our jobs!"

fpbp

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk

yeah and Iberia looks like it's trying to rip itself off from the rest of Europe

As should not be surprising, Jews in 14th century Europe had a number of habits that differentiated them from the larger Christian population. Two habits of note in this context were regular bathing in water and keeping cats as household pets. Most Europeans, at the time, thought these two things begat disease. Obviously, the truth of it is that personal hygiene prevents illness and cats murder rodent vectors.

Since there were significantly more Jews in Poland than elsewhere throughout Europe, these common habits of theirs dramatically slowed the spread of the plague and prevented it from growing into a pandemic.

That and Poland is the point where apocalypses go to die

Wouldn't you?

>apocalypses go there to die

because my motherland looks like there is apocalypse there already, so when new apocalypse comes there the bigger old one stabs the invader right off the bat,

yuo know for example what Ukrainian babushka call for nuclear explosion in central europe in Friday? Friday.

to rich to die, to poor to live
such is live in eastern europe

t. slavfag

What the fuck happened to Spain? Or Ireland for that matter.

Dark ages happened i presume.

When the weed hit u

Glad I'm not the only one who hears this in their head when that city is mentioned.