Warhammer 40,000 General/40kg/

>Previous Dunking

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=783slFWP61M [Open]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well now that the true eldar have been defiled by association with the craftworlders what new army should I start?

1st for the best legion
IX

thud fo da oaks

So how bad would a footslogging tyranid army be? walking tyrant and hundreds of gaunts. I don't need to win tournaments but I don't want to play as an NPC race.

If you were to hypothetically play against an opponent who asks if he can use a fluffy, painted up set of units that aren't technically in the codex but aren't cheesy at all and are reasonably lore friendly and don't form some super-combo, would you accept that?
For a casual game.

>Why take them for the missiles when you can just give your troops turrets for dirt cheap? 20 points worth of turrets give the same firepower as a broadside and you can't even target turrets.
High-Yield Missile Pods have four shots vs the DS8's two shots, so you'd need three of them to match it.
Those 30 points need to be spread out across three different Strike Teams, so you're looking more at 165 points to match a single 65 point unit.
XV88s can also be upgraded with EOW, Velocity Tracker, Precision Shots, or BS2 Overwatch.
You also get to take exclusive 12-point Missile Drones.
And while it's irrelevant, Broadsides come in a number of good formations, including the Retaliation Cadre.

>mfw my local meta is mostly MEQ and one tournament-going dark eldar/harlequins player

Why not?

If it's not cheesy then sure. If it's a case of "My special snowflake space marine chapter lends their drop pods to this wraithhost" then he can play it as unbound.

Don't tell anyone but Deldar eat MEQ for breakfast. Seriously it's like almost everything in the deldar army (poison, dis cannons, incubi, rending reavers) becomes more points efficient when pitted against MEQ.

It's incredibly boring to play against, and the movement phase can take the better part of an hour.

Hmm, never considered that. Just pictured it being cool but I can see that really detracting from it.

I was mostly lamenting that my IG and SM and SoB only have other imperial armies or CSM to play against. I played one game against his DE and it was horrifying.
Actually I should have my own 1000 point DE army hidden away somewhere...
Not if you get tabled on turn 1!

It certainly looks cool and it was fun to play against a large horde the first few times, but it gets stale really quick.

If anything, I found Guardsman horde to be the least boring to play against compared to nids and orkz

Also a shitload of thin coats to make.

nth for pdfs
mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8

Repostan

What do you think about my Semi-casual Ultramarines list?
Tacticals combat squad, Lascannons camp backfield objectives, rhinos advance. Captain goes with the tactical squad with the power weapon sergeant. Flyers arent really an issue in my meta.

1250/1250 points

Combined Arms Detachment

Captain (1) - Artificer armor,Plasma pistol,Power weapon,Melta bombs - 145pts

Tactical Squad (10) - Power weapon,Melta bombs; Flamer,Lascannon - 195pts
Rhino (1) - Dozer Blade - 40pts

Tactical Squad (10) - Melta bombs; Meltagun,Lascannon - 185pts
Rhino (1) - Dozer blade - 40pts

Dreadnought (1) - Multi-melta,Power fist with stormbolter - 100pts
Drop pod (1) - 35pts

Skyhammer Annihilation Force

Devastator Squad (5) - 2 Heavy Bolters - 90pts
Drop pod (1) - 35pts

Devastator Squad (5) - Combi-melta; 2 Multi-meltas - 100pts
Drop pod (1) - 35pts

Assault Squad (5) - Jump packs; Lightning claw,Melta Bombs; 2 Flamers - 125pts

Assault Squad (5) - Jump packs; Power Sword,Melta Bombs; 2 Flamers - 125pts

Love you, user.

>So how bad would a footslogging tyranid army be?

Ork-tier. Hormagaunts are awful, Termagants can't get down the board fast enough, and there are so many weapons that chew through big blobs of infantry these days that your hordes will evaporate in a few turns. I've tried it myself and it just doesn't work.

Adeptus Mechanics. Can't go wrong.

Omnissiah bless you, child

It's good. But you won't win any games....ever.

>tfw none of the armies you want to play fluffwise can do the army you want crunchwise

Dev squads should be maxed out on heavy weapons otherwise there's little point ot them. Take the lascannons away from the tacticals to tool up your dev squads more to let them do the majortiy of the anti vehicle work. Also Rhino''s are ten man transports or am I getting that wrong? Your captain won't fit in the rhino with another ten guys is what I'm saying.

I thought that was pretty standard in most places.

Quick question

The otherday I saw someone mention that a "SKULLthrister" was the superior Bloodthrister build.

As a newly started Khorne player I'm curious as to what the actully means in terms of build and such, anyone know?

You need to try harder.

the default gun on one of our main transports fucks marine armor like nobody's business, the gun on our other transports ignores their precious T4 (as does our basic infantry weapon). Our only real melee unit (wyches are trash) come equipped with AP2 S4 weapons and 1 higher initiative than MEQs. Reavers have rending HoW just because. All of these things make them far more cost effective against MEQ than say GEQ or other eldar.

I'm sorry have you just never actually seen Dark Eldar on the tabletop? Because that's what it sounds like. Sounds like you just fell for the Veeky Forums memes. Yeah Dark Eldar are actually good at something, get over it marine fag.

Would opt for the Grand Company, the bonuses to your units are a bit better. The fortifications you can take reward Chaos Warbands since you can have ObSec troops manning the guns or bring your own heavy equipment in the form of TankHunter Auotcannons.

You could still take your Murderpack and a small Cult of Destruction. Maybe even fit Lost and the Damned if you go cheap on the Warband.

The other user is right in that you should be packing some Havocs for that juicy Tank Hunters. Oblits are pretty decent for being a wrench thrown into your opponent's machine.

As with all things they are susceptible to scatbikes and their I'll.

Few other armies can dish out the firepower that DE can point for point, and MEQs get chewed up under massed poison or blasters.

Newfriend here, in the process of starting a CSM army and was wondering if there are any units that are must-includes in most cases.

Depends if you have a theme in mind.

Nothing in particular comes to mind if you're talking about Vanilla CSM.

If you plan on using the rules from Traitor Legions, then the Cult Troops like Noise Marines, are pretty much a must get for Emperor's Children along with Rhinos to ferry them.

Run whatever you like. It's your army.

Cultists are good.
Obliterators are good.
Helldrakes are good.
Daemon princes are good.

There are a few decent formations too, if that's your thing.

Have fun, man.

Are space marine players sentient? Or do they just act on pure reflex?

Aren't those Storm Bolter more expensive than what ever might be inside those containers?

why have those shipping containers got guns on them

>what ever might be inside those containers
More storm bolters?

is there anywhere i can go to catch up with the newest fluff? been hella busy lately so unable to be a cool kid and get down with the latest lore.

Those aren't shipping containers, user.

They're the magazines for those guns.

It's filled with ammo.

>belt fed bolter with a shipping container sized ammo box.

So what's the point of taking a transport like a razorback that has a gun, when moving makes the gun basically useless?

God, I hate how useless marines are without transports.

>implying that the look and story of your plastic army men somehow makes you different to anyone else.

This is good. I want to see how this develops.

You can still fire the one gun at full BS.

There is no point. Which is why they introduced these stationary ammo-can guns!

>Orks see this and stick wheels onto a shipping container
>This allows them to fire weapons for hours at a time
>Meks who came up with this praised as visionaries

Read the vehicle shooting rules and then understand what an idiot you are.

If this is the only problem your army has, you should be fucking thankful.

You know, I've just realized every traditional marine unit is garbage.

>Regular Terminators
>Tactical squads
>Gun/fist dreadnoughts
>Captains
>Land Raiders

All of them are, at best, a formation tax.

Good one, satan.

>My army has some of the best transports in the game
>I hate that my army uses transports!

Boo fucking hoo. At least the guys in your transports don't try to kill one another when their transports explode.

I'm going to take it guys.

user. Read the fucking rules for fuck sake.

How are you so fucking ignorant? All these units (with the possible exception of LRs) are well balanced, but let me guess, you're the kind of guy who allies Skyhammer forces with riptide wings right? So you have no idea of what a normal unit looks like.

Go ahead, tell me which of those are a must-take outside of "Shit, I can't run without it.

>Regular Terminators
Why not run assault terminators?

>Tactical Squads
Only taken because they're literally necessary for a legal army

>Gun/fist dreadnoughts
Why not take a rifleman dread?

>Captain
Why not take a librarian?

>Land Raider
Why not take a Stormraven?

Mfw all i want to do is play with basic army dudes and not some fucking giant robots and super heroes.

Then play Bolt Action or something?

So then play IG and not SM. SM are literally fucking superheroes.

>bolt action has space marines and tyranids

Those trips, though.

user. Space marines have so much cool shit. Why focus on the few things that are bad?

Well, basically my response to all of those is "because I'm not a flaming faggot"

You forgot Predators.

Because all of those units are the ones considered iconic! They're the units that marines should be built on as a steady foundation.

Yup, I did. Predators are on that pile too.

Maybe in the lore. Their rules are pretty grounded.

You do make a convincing argument.

What else would you take but Predators, Vindicators and Devastators?

>Smashfucker deathstar marines
>grounded

4 stats on everything but wounds is very above average.

But since 2/3 of GW/FW products for 40k and 30k are marines they look mediocre

>a chapter master is a regular marine.

>Shifting the goal posts
You said they were garbage, not that they simply weren't must takes, you tremendous faggots. The two are very different things,

And there's nothing wrong with you making an army with all of those units. You'll only consistently lose to Tau cheese and other WAAC fags.

Don't start this shit again.

Nobody plays Iron Hands so Smashfucker isn't an issue.

Thanks, I like to think I'm pretty good at debating.

Didn't say I wouldn't take them. I just said they aren't good.

If there is an objectively better unit that does everything the original unit does but better, the original option is garbage. It's called strategic dominance, faggot.

>Chapter masters don't follow the rules so it means the rules are still grounded

Chapter masters are part of the space marines and still follow the rules. They're not grounded.

Only if you're a waac fag. Which you apparently are. So you're not even worth talking to. I mean seriously what kind of person plays 40k competitively, that's the dumbest god damned thing I've ever heard of.

All those units are balanced and fun in casual play, while not being weak enough to make the game boringly one sided.

So take your cheese and blow it out your ass you b8ing waac faggot.

I'm complaining about power and scale creep.
It annoys me the most because the game has shifted toward big knight tier units and special characters.

No
Stop
Don't do this again. I want ONE nice thread dammit.
This is almost as bad as tau baiting.

So what we already know about 8th Edition?

>I mean seriously what kind of person plays 40k competitively

To be fair, those are the only people still playing 40K.

>Yeah so I spent a few thousand dollars on this game and I decided to just pick stuff I thought looked cool instead of everyone else who picked stuff that wins consistently
>But it's cool, it's cool
>I love getting blown the fuck out every single game I play
>Yeah it cost me a lot of time and money but playing to win is a joke
>Hahaha I love losing really it's cool

It'll be streamlines, about half way to AoS.

That's about it.

It will be the 8th edition of Warhammer 40k, a popular tabletop wargame from English company Games Workshop.

just don't use special characters and don't consider them a part of the game, they're optional like Forge World stuff etc.
I don't personally have a problem with super heavy units in my games, I've always wanted to see a baneblade fielded.

This is literally my 1k list using the Imperial Fists chapter tactics.

Yes, it's not a particularly great army. But it uses basically all of the units you named, and does alright for what it is.

The only thing stopping you from taking whatever you want is your meta.

Transcend your meta, user. At the heart of every 40k player is a straight-up fluff-fag. There has to be, because they wouldn't have stuck with 40k if there wasn't.

*Muslim company Games Workshop

There is no England now. Sharia law is inclusive. The sisters will need to cover up though.

unf
just use that 5 points on some upgrade though

When shooting with a unit containing models with Split Fire, do you have to declare all targets before shooting? Or can you resolve one model's shooting before picking the next model's target?

>To be fair, those are the only people still playing 40K.

Except they're not? There's plenty of people who play casually. Just because you're not being a WAACfag doesn't mean you can't build an effective list. Maybe not a super efficient list but to imply that everyone that plays still is just a WAACfag who builds super strong lists is just bullshit.

We -know- little.
There will be a new status quo in fluff from which the story will go forward.
The rules will be streamlined but not that hard like AoS.

I guess that's all.

>The sisters will need to cover up
they already do.

>At the heart of every 40k player is a straight-up fluff-fag. There has to be, because they wouldn't have stuck with 40k if there wasn't.

I wish this were true. I know way too many guys that don't know ANYTHING about the lore at all but still play 40K because of the money investment. They can't back out now or it'll be a waste. Buyer's remorse etc.

(They're all SM or CSM to be fair)

Sure, just put meltabombs on the captain or something.

That list makes me feel like I'm back in 4th Edition.

It's a good feeling.

Who is your favorite species/faction?
>You can list multiple
Mine has to be the Tau, Kroot, Vespid. Tzeentchi Chaos forces, IG, and Salamanders.

like nuns?!

Fuck off, user.

>Playing to win is a joke
Correct, playing to have fun is the most important thing, you know, fun? That thing you used to be capable of experiencing before visiting Veeky Forums? I'm sorry but if you can't have fun doing this then why are you doing it? To prove you're plastic guys are better than your opponents plastic guys? To prove that you're the best at rolling dice? Seriously look at your life. It's a game, games are meant for fun, and a balanced game will always be more fun than a one sided roflstomp, no matter which side of that equation you are on. If you no longer enjoy 40k then don't keep playing just to prove you're better at it as some form of validation, find a new hobby that you CAN enjoy again.

You having a shitty local meta doesn't really mean it's not true for large numbers of people in the hobby.