>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Ye oldie thread:

First of the mother of hope no more!

Do we have leaks for 'Lighting Strike' and 'Wrath of Storm' abilities of the SC battletome 2?

Wrath of Storm - As ling as 50+ models from this battalion are on the table, all models in this battalion may reroll failed to-wound rolls.

Celestial Nimbus - Add +1 to all hit rolls of models of a Harbinger Chamber.

Martial Bond - Whenever a unit from this battalion is destroyed, select another unit from this battalion within 10" and add +1 Attack to all melee weapons of that unit.

Lightning Strike - When using Scions of the Storm for units from this battalion you may add or subtract 2 from the dice roll when you determine if a unit from this battalion shows up.

Looking into brushing the dust off my beastmen and use with all the chaos daemons I have for 40k. How's the competitive scene for aos?

>beastmen
>competitive
Oh boy.

Do we have the rules of gryph charger aeterwongs and stormcasts snipers ?

Beastmen player here; while not the best army, they sure is fun to play. It's when your gors traverse half the battlefield and charge almost right away. But you do need to have the numbers for them to be good

>But you do need to have the numbers for them to be good
so essentially the 8th edition of whfb? :^)

Like two days ago, dude.

>Vanguard-Palladors.
Each model either carries a axe or a javelin and all of them parry pistols. The Prime also carries a Lunar Blade in addition to the other weapons.

Aetherstrike:
Beak and Claws to-wound rolls of a 6 cause a mortal wound instead of normal damage.

Lunar Blade:
Pick a unit within 1" of the Prime and roll a die. On a 2+ that unit suffers a mortal wound.

Ride the Aetherwinds:
Pick a direction instead of moving and roll 6d6. The unit can move up to that distance in that direction as if it could fly. Must end that move at least 3" from enemy models. Can't run or charge afterwards (but can shoot).

>Raptors with Longstrike Crossbow
Prime gets a Aetherwing.

Longstrike:
+6" range on the crossbow when not moving.

Headshot:
Longstrike Crossbow to-hit rolls of a 6 cause two mortal wounds instead of normal damage.

Warning Cry:
When an enemy unit end its charge within 1" of a unit of Raptors with Aetherwing, roll a d6 for each model in the unit. For each 6 the enemy unit suffers two mortal wounds.

>Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows
Prime hits on 3+.

Rapid Fire:
Add 3 to the Attack value of the Hurricane Crossbow if this unit didn't move.

Suppressive Fire:
If an entire unit of Raptors dedicates its fire against one enemy unit, that unit must substract 2" from all charge rolls made until your next hero phase.

>Aetherwings
Fly.

Flying Hunters:
May retreat and charge during the same turn.

Attentive Wardens:
At the beginning of the charge phase any friendly unit of Aetherwings within 12" of a unit of Raptors may move 2d6". They may retreat with that move, but they can't run and they can't end up further than 12" away from that unit of Raptors.

>Lord-Aquilor
Carries every weapon listed.

Astral Compass:
Same as the ones from the Vanguard Hunters.

Ride the Aetherwinds:
Same as the Vanguard-Palladors.

Aetherstrike:
Same as the Vanguard Palladors.

Command Ability: Lord of the Azyrite Whirlwind
Pick a unit ov Vanguard-Hunters, Vanguard-Raptors, Vanguard-Palladors or Aetherwings within 24" of this model and remove both that unit and this model from the table. During your next movement phase you can bring them into play by the rules of Astral Compass.

Ummm...
How the fuck are these birds so good.
Dracoths really only out damage them because they have lightning breath.
And the birds somehow have better rend?!?!

So these are basically Good Guy Jezzarails x 2.
And the butt stock hits as hard as a normal warhammer for a Liberator. And just as often.
Really GW? Couldn't even have it hit on a 5+?

Actually, Liberators have two attacks.

The Gryph-chargers *are* good, but they don't have Intolerable Damage, which ups the damage considerably and they have a worse save. That -2 Rend is bullshit though, agreed on that.

I really want new Jezzail miniatures.

>Stormcast mounted riders are faster and better than any Slaaneshi or Elven mounted unit
>Stormcast snipers are better than any Ironweld or Jezzail

Stormcast with gas masks and grenades next week? Maybe Zombie-Cast eternals?

Not gonna happen.

GW is too busy making sigmarine shit.

I don't see the point of having multiple factions in the game if they're only going to support one.

There's still the ruination chamber that we don't know about... so... stormcast titans anybody?

To be fair, I think I understand GW logic. They're making the stormcast and slyvaneth as cornerstones of the order faction, and now we have tzeench as their nemesis. 3 proper battletomes, post-general's handbook era.

Here's hoping that they move on to flesh out more of the death faction, maybe introduce more vampires and ghouls to round up the faction, with proper battletomes.

Did you honestly think this was not gonna happen?

Well, the more serious reason why it's unlikely to happen is that they are more interested in releasing new kits than resculpting old stuff.

This. Should have just cut out way more of the useless side factions they are planning to ignore anyway.

Better to just be axed TK/bret style than have to cling to false hope and be lied to.

>Steamhead Duardin get golems, copters, etc.
>Stormcast get better LIGHTNING golems/machines the week after

What kind of confirmation do we even have for the existance of Steamhead Duardin? Everyone acts like it's 100% confirmed but I havent seen the real confirmation of the existance of the faction nor the release window. And that 1 rumour engine image is not proof in my opinion.

Honestly, I think I'll rage if they release dorfs after stormcast. Makes no sense for them to release 3 tomes all for order, and only 1 for chaos, and none for the rest post GHB.

There's another possible solution.

Release new shit for other factions.

I'm seriously about to drop the game just because I know I'll never get new shit. Or if I do it'll be a one-off.

Let's ignore Beastclaw Raiders and Bonsplitterz, right?

I keep forgetting destruction exists.

Never gonna happen, they have fucked it up already and created too many sub factions whilst making entirely new armies and ignoring the older ones

Here's how it should have been

AoS: No False hope edition:

>Dark elves get TombKing treatment (Rather than just awkwardly loitering in the Order faction)
>All basic Ogre shit is removed (Implying Ogres will ever be anything but Beastclaw ice-themed dudes)
>All Goblin/Squig shit removed
>Spiderfang goblins rolled into Bonesplitterz faction
>All Slaanesh units completely removed
>All Eshin/Moulder shit deleted (Implying we will ever see plastic night-runners)
>Assassins are now a Verminus unit.
>Packmasters and Rat ogres become Skryre
>Basic Dwarves / Humans removed
>All Ironweld consolidated into upcoming Steamhead faction
>Flagellants/Warrior priests become cheap Stormcast chaff unit
>All random shitty 3-unit factions like White lions or nighthaunt deleted

Anything else?

Yeah, remove freeguild entirely, even though it's completely functional army at the moment...

Seriously dude, don't go full retard.

I get what he means though. We're talking about new releases, new sculpts and maybe new boxes. Grouping elves, freeguild etc into one faction makes more sense economically. Maybe just call them Azyrians or something.

Dark Aelves should have been a Death army.

>at the moment...

So are Tomb Kings. And we know what's happening to them in a month or so.

>remove skaven as a faction entirely, only have pestilens and wrap them under nurgle

They already have that one faction, it's called order.

While I agree we could do with some more functional subfactions, just baleeting everything that doesn't have a fancy post GBH battletome is throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Every army has access to functional traits, artifacts and battallions. It could be tuned a little better, and I think it would already be very helpfull if we get more battallions like the one in the spire of dawn box. Since that allows you to mix two factions.

or maybe a slight change to the allegiance rule in the next GBH would already go a long way.

You mean the point increase they were in dire need of?

Honestly wouldn't mind that.

Tzeentch disciples is the right idea, they should have placed all Khorne daemons/mortals into one book, and when doing the same with Nurgle, throwing in Pestilens would have been fine

Yes. which i agree with from a balance perspective, but ultimately, less people will play them.

In a year's time they will probably be forgotten, and what does that say for other factions who fall by the wayside? it's already happening.

I'm thinking battletomes actually. Group them under a faction called mortal remnants or something, give them a battletome, a proper keyword, improve synergy between the units and heroes with the keyword, and release it with a few new models, or updates to its current lineup.

Guys how is Line of sight and heroes in units in aos ? cuz i am getting my heroes sniped all the time even if they are behind on "In " the unit and its pissing me off ( sylvaneth one shoting my heores cuz they have 5 W)

Can't draw LoS through models or things.

Oh more Disciples of Tzeentch style battletomes that contain a couple of subfactions would be great.

However, people are exaggerating a lot about the problem since the Grand Alliance traits and artifacts are very servicable.

The situational battleline stuff is annoying at times. And I am slightly struggling with rebuilding my unbuilt dark elf force into something coherent. Making some units Battleline by default would help a lot imo.

Corsairs, Dark Riders, Flaggelants, Witch Aelves and Spireguard should just be Battleline by default.

There was a rumor that there were plans to make a Nurgle book in the vein of the Disciples of Tzeench, combining Rotbringers, Daemons, Pestilens and Mortals.
As for TK, that does sorta make sense. I mean, it sucks, obviously, but GW want people to buy new shit, not loiter around uselessly. I doubt it will scare long-time TK players away though.
And TK really needed that nerf.

What's happening to them?

Nobody can 'hide' in units or look out sir! or do anything to prevent being sniped except maybe the Necromancer and anything else who happens to have a rule for it.

Yeah it's an issue, you need to entirely block line of sight with terrain to be safe.

Big points increase

They are getting a points increase. Which according to means you should burn your miniatures...

Explain this.

Games workshop are the finest model makers on the market. You pay a premium price for premium models! :^)

Enemy miniatures block LoS to some degree right? I know the game uses true line of sight (which we have houseruled in my gaming group as being true but with some conditions) I always hide my Warlord behind my clanrats and such.

was thinking about making ambush dwarf army miners and bugman with quarrels. lately iam playing vs Sylvanth and iam tired of teleportation, angry forests and he' units that have W like my lords and heroes

As i understand standing behind a unit doesn't actually block line of sight, as long as part of a model can be seen you can shoot at them

40k does this correctly by forcing true line of sight and making a point of saying 'Wings, weapons, banners, and spikes' do not count for finding LoS in the rule.

Aos doesn't have this as far as i know

It's commonly houseruled, alongside bases, but my default you are correct, yes.

Step up your game boyo.

Seriously though, who uses fel bats? And it's probably a price that was chosen ages ago, blatantly wrong, and really, who's going to complain about that unit?

Shit, forgot my kiwi dollars pic.

This is like buying the "I am rich" app.

Yeah it's a good house-rule. that or just sprinkling down more solid terrain pieces and less gates and fences

using some common sense is preferable imo. Might not work that way in GW stores or tournaments but that's why gaming groups have my preference.

>I don't see the point of having multiple factions in the game if they're only going to support one.

We always have a quick chat about terrain features before the game. To decide what parts count as impassable terrain and what parts block LoS. Although most of our players have been playing since 5th edition so we tend to assume a lot of older rules by default...

What about count the intersecting ENEMY models and for each model, you get a -1 hit?

>Dark Aelves should have been a Death army

There will be none of new figures ofr old armies. They only give rules for WFB armies cuz people would burn GW if they say" we are making new game ur old armies can't play).
GW will make new minis for new factions like new dwarfs will have new models , names and will not syhnergy with old dwarfs cuz they will be called STEAMHEAD DURADIN not disspossed or Duradin

Slaanesh when????

What's coming first, the dark prince or the great corrupter?

I don't think that sort of stuff fits with the AoS core design. Most core rules are binary instead of bonuses and deductions.

>How the fuck are these birds so good.

B-but best-claw?

Also, what about the other chaos stuff (SLAANESH) and death? It's lame if there's only one chaos army capable of comp

>checked

A year later we're gonna look back and say 'member the times when everybody cried about stormcast? Now that all other factions are getting tons of new stuff, everybody's asking for new stormcasts now.

I think the "new" battletomes are only tzeench and the new stormcast ones. These are the only two that comes with pitched battle profiles and subfactions baked into the book.

Don't be retarded user. In a years time, they'll be re-booting 40k, so in order to keep us entertained, they'll just give us more of our favorite ugly golden posterboys

SC is the space marines of AOS they will continue to get new releases all the time. SC are the narrative counter balance to the "forces of bad" so every time they push the narrative forward SC will also get some new toys. Just like space marines.

Should I buy any slaanesh stuff right now? I love the concepts of slaanesh but I know 40k is hinting at a release of Fulgrim, which will imply a Magnus type release, and possibly a slaanesh update

A year later we will be lucky to have

>a skaven tome
>possibly a plastic weapon team
>something new for undead
>an elf faction with some new models

>everybody's asking for new stormcasts now.
Top kek. Don't be stupid

>doesn't mention slaanesh

I'd be happy with just a tzeench/stormcast2.0 styled battletome for flesheater court. Maybe a calvary or two, a behemoth and a few more mages would be fun to have.

I'm trying to figure out my starter list. Any hints?

Tyrant (160)
Battleline:
6x Ogors (240)
3x Leadbelchers (160)

6x Ironguts (440)

or

Tyrant (160)
Battleline:
6x Ogors (240)
6x Ogors (240)

3x Ironguts (220)
1x Grot Scraplauncher (140)

or

Tyrant (160)
Battleline:
6x Ogors (240)
6x Ogors (240)

1x Stonehorn Beastriders (360)

>everybody's asking for new stormcasts now

he says everyone, what he meant was "no one" except him

Yeah.

If anything, the true poor bastards out there are going to be the factions who received their battletomes prior to this standardization, like Khorne Bloodbound and Seraphon. Sigmar knows if they'll ever get battletomes updated to this set-up.

Theyre increasing the cost of the undercosted units

Tfw started warhammer by buying 2k points of pestilens

>Theyre increasing the cost of the undercosted units

this is true

except for lines of minis currently in stores that are newly released that get points costs lowered without respect to balance issues

According to some rumours in summer, with some Elves thrown in. Possibly Slaanesh-worshipping ones.
The latest 40k Gathering Storm had some tidbit about Fulgrim devastating Imperial forces, so >he is likely the next Chaos Primarch who gets a miniature, and if he does, it will get you a lot of new Slaanesh degenerates, just like it happened with Magnus.

Honestly, Ido what to do with my rats if gw makes them obsolete. I love the faction. Might just start up with nurgle or slaanesh if those updates come.

Well, I have about 1000 points of nurgle just for keks. May as well also get 1k of slaanesh eventually too then

Thinking about painting my Stormcast to look like teutonic knights and angel units like winged hussars. What do you think?

Not to be that guy, but so far, not single release has been done in the same way. So Fulgrim making a possible appearance in the near future is hardly a guarantee for a comparable release to Tzeentch.

Maybe in hindsight we can make that conclusion, just like we did with the Elven releases of WHFB (they were all designed by the same team in the same time so they had a lot of similarities)

Do it for your paladins. Judicators are the rank and file, so it'll look weird if they sprout wings.

I wont be adding wings to regular units, but I will be painting the prosecutors, knight azyros/venator, and celestant prime wings to look like hussar wings

I want my fuck-gors user

That's a good plan.

Tbh maybe look for some Teutonic helmet heads and use those for your Paladins and heroes, might be cool

Tentacle-gors are where it is at.

Or maybe we won't get Slaanesh Gors at all. And then people will throw a tantrum about "yeah but we were promised Dick-Gors, stupid GW!"

Beastiality? More like best-iality.

THIS THREAD BELONGS TO THE DARK FATHER

That's what I was kinda thinking would happen. Dark and high elves are going to be phased out with Shadow and Light elves, like how Sylvaneth are basically the new wood elves. Sure, we still have Wanderers, but will they actually receive any notable support?

You just keep telling yourself that.

Flesh-eater court battalion. I love their fluff, models seem to be fuck-up resistant, looks great for newb painters like me.

2x start collecting boxes, or buy 1 box of crypt ghouls + 1 SC box?