Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Fixed general and Armess Faillure Edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=McfWLZ253Hk

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First post claims this thread for the XVIIth!

Second for deathwing waddlers

third for nobz in a naut

About to start painting mine from the Dark Vengence park. Never painted a terminator before, any tips?

Should I run a razorback in the Demi Company for ObSec, or in the 1st company Taskforce for hilarious tank shocks?

>my list is so shit it broke the listbuilder

kek, doesn't show the 5th chosen in the 2 squads because they have lascannons and apparently there's no pic for that.

going for a casual chaos warband, any loadouts I should change that would be a lot better? haven't decided on alpha legion or black legion rules for these guys yet (not painted as either)

Tyranids are a worthless NPC race.

Kek, driver pointing his pistol at the Sarge
>Fuck you, sir, for forgetting to come to my tea party. Instead of dainty cupcakes, you shall taste only death!

Just bought a box of Deathwatch veterans. How should i kit them out?

Ok I'm confusing myself about weapons crews. Specifically the Rapier. Does one marine have to physically be on the back of the Rapier or can he hide behind cover so long as he's no more than 2 inches away? I've never used anything that requires a crew to operate.

How exactly are you taking two Vindicators in a Chaos Warband?

>"Let's see who's the 'losers of the 8th company' now"
>Land Speeder vs. Assault Marine civil war

Nothing but bolters and shotguns, a couple of Frag Cannons or Infernus Heavy Bolters, and maybe a power weapon on the sergeant. At the end of the day they're still just T4, 3+ save bodies. Stacking unnecessary wargear onto them just means you lose more whenever a model dies.

Old memes the dankest

didn't notice that

bah whatever I'll just make it a CAD. in that case replace the chaos lord with a ML2 sorcerer + spell familiar

>Melee race
>BS 3

The lascannons on Chosen are still absolute shit. They have to stay still to fire at normal BS, which is not what the rest of the squad wants. Leave them barebones or go full on 5 meltas/plasmas

I'm absolute trash at listbuilding, is this going to be okay for casual play or is it absolute shit? Pls halp

1000/1000
Emperor's Children
All units have VotLW if they can take it (free + mandatory)
HQ
>Sorceror (140) - ML2, MoS, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar, Force Sword
Troops
>Noise Marines (217) - Icon of Excess, Rhino with Dirge Caster, 5x Noise Marines with additional CCW, Noise Champion with Doom Siren and Power Sword
>Noise Marines (172) - Icon of Excess, Rhino, 4x Noise Marines with Sonic Blaster, Noise Champion (stock)
*Sorceror goes with this unit so both have 6 dudes, because hurr durr muh number of Slaanesh
Fast
>Bikers (146) - MoS, Icon of Excess, 2x Meltagun, Champion with Combi-Melta and Melta Bombs
>Raptors (200) - MoS, Icon of Excess, 2x Plasma Pistol, 4 Raptors, Champion with Plasma Pistol, Power Axe, Melta Bombs
Heavy
>Maulerfiend (125) - Magma Cutters and Power Fists

There's probably way too many points in the Raptor squad but I couldn't think of what to do with the last 20 points so I just threw a Melta Bomb and Power Axe in there lel

They just have to be in unit coherency.

true, but I have noticed that a lot of my opponents come to me anyway (play against dark angels, space wolves, orks, IG vet spam) so I figure I'll just chill first turn with my chosen and shoot lascannons from the rhino hatches. those + the havocs and helbrute give me basically the equivalent of 2 lascannon havoc squads to shoot first turn, so I should be able to wreck some vehicles as they're coming for me assuming LoS shenanigans aren't too bad. then turn 2 or 3 I can pop out and fire the rest of the squad, snapshots on disembark suck but w/e.

without that I have no long range shooting other than scooting my vindis up 6" and getting a shot into something within 24". not doing anything meaningful first turn really sucks.

I don't think you've got enough models. You're looking at less than 25 infantry, a couple of Rhinos and a Walker. IMO I'd cut some of the upgrades and try to bulk things out a bit. The plasma pistols can go, for example. And personally I wouldn't take a Power Axe on a character, since he's liable to be taken out before he can strike in a challenge.

The problem is that the Raptors seem pretty useless without some sort of special weapon, but I guess I can give them flamers. That's way cheaper.

>And personally I wouldn't take a Power Axe on a character, since he's liable to be taken out before he can strike in a challenge

EC characters always get to hit once even if they die at a higher initiative step. But yeah I guess 1 hit with a Power Axe isn't worth 15 points. Thanks, user, I'll work on fixing it.

If you decide to go Alpha Legion, your Chosen and CSM are Infiltrating, meaning they can be in plasma rapidfire or even melta range T1

New version of list:
>drop Sorceror's Sigil of Corruption
>drop Combi-Melta from Biker Champion
>drop Plasma Pistols, Axe and Icon of Excess from Raptors

>change Raptors squad #1 to: Raptors (120) - 2x Flamer, MoS, Champion with Melta Bombs
>add Raptors squad #2: Raptors (115) - 1x Flamer, MoS, Champion with Melta Bombs

That added 5 more Jump Infantry and some templates. So the new total is:
>12 infantry
>2 rhinos
>10 jump infantry
>3 bikers
>1 walker

Still pretty low numerically but maybe better? Lots of ignores cover and templates, probably acceptable amount of anti-tank maybe(?), bit of psychic phase stuff, a bunch of fast stabby guys.

I'd say that looks better, yeah. It'll run afoul of some lists, but should be able to handle itself pretty well against most opponents.

>Gork/Morkanaughts
>Old memes

Kids these days.

Rate me, lads.

That's alright, good enough for me. Thanks for the input, user.

Now I've just got to figure out how to build 11 Noise Marines without buying 4 of GW's stupid $20 head pack that only comes with one head anyway. kek. I'm pretty sure I've seen some nice 3rd party bits around so I'll go look for that. The 5x Sonic Blaster 1x Blastmaster pack isn't too expensive either and I guess that will cover the weapons part.

I hate to be a spamming faggot but one last question for this thread. Can anyone identify the bit at the top (Mr. Skellington there)? It's the nicest Doom Siren conversion I've seen but I don't recognize what it's from

Book 4 of Gathering Storm centers around Tau. New Vespid HQ, new Kroot HQ, and Squats kits return.

Bad news, there's only 3 Gathering Storm books.

Whatever comes next won't be titled Gathering Storm.

remember to thin your paints

also don't forget to pin your taints

After getting sidelined during the fall of my own damn planet I would be livid to see the Blue Man Group steal the spotlight now.

>the battle of santa fe

>Squats kits return.
you mean Demiurg ?

This guy comes up and smacks your warlord's ass
What do you do?

>2+/3++ Chapter Master

Oh ho! A slap fight is it? Well two can play at this game!

>7 turns later

Give him all the D's.

1850pts WSs

HQ - 265
125 Kor'sarro Khan
25 Moondraken

65 Librarian
0 Force Weapon – Axe
25 Level 2 Mastery
20 Hunter's Eye
5 Melta Bombs

ELITES – 260
90 Space Marine Command Squad
15 Apothecary
35 Bikes
40 Storm Shield x4
30 Lightning Claw x2
50 Power Fist x2

TROOPS – 570
63 Bike Squad [1]
42 Additional Bikes x2
30 Grav-gun x2
10 Combi-Grav (Sergeant)

63 Bike Squad [2]
42 Additional Bikes x2
30 Grav-gun x2
10 Combi-Grav (Sergeant)

63 Bike Squad [3]
42 Additional Bikes x2
20 Meltagun x2
10 Combi-Melta (Sergeant)
5 Melta Bombs (Sergeant)

63 Bike Squad [4]
42 Additional Bikes x2
20 Meltagun x2
10 Combi-Melta (Sergeant)
5 Melta Bombs (Sergeant)

FAST ATTACK – 265
110 Stormtalon Gunship
5 Skyhammer Missile Launcher

110 Stormtalon Gunship
5 Skyhammer Missile Launcher

35 Drop Pod

HEAVY SUPPORT – 350
165 Centurion Devastator Squad
75 Grav-Cannon and Grav-Amp x3
10 Omniscope (Sergeant)

100 Thunderfire Cannon

Detachment - 140
140 Culexus Assassin

Khan goes in Command Squad, while Libby joins the Cents in the Drop Pod. 2 squads of bikes with melta, another 2 with Grav. Stormtalons are AA and anti-light tank. Thunderfire is for blob control, and slowing things down. Assassin for trolling.
Haven't played in a year, so not sure if the list is competitive anymore, this is what I own; open to getting more things if needed.

I forgot how shit-but-endearingly-so the old models were

Is it odd to want to include more than one Warpsmith in your army for his Master of Mechanisms ability?

Also, is his ability to cause a "gets hot" for a units guns useful for charging? Like you do it to a Tau unit you're about to charge and they lose a few Fire Warriors to Gets Hot on Overwatch?

Every formation I want to use has a Warpsmith in it and he seems pretty useful, if limited in mobility.

Attacking first hits on 4s, wounds on 3s, pens my armour. 3 wounds, 5 up invuln
On the swingback hitting on 2s, wounding on 2s, penning armour. +1 attack for being slapped first

Depends on your dice slinging skills

They manage to pull Cadia out of warp thanks to the damocles inferno.

Congratulations, they rescued some huge chunks of molten rock, possessed by daemons.

Let's get the thread rolling.
Describe an army, legion, chapter, faction, etc. with an unrelated, obscure picture and anons try to guess it.

Hardmode: No using images of literal shit for Orks, Nids, CSM, etc.

I'll start.

They still own more of Cadia than the cadians.

>CSM
>shit

Pick one.

What's the cultural or historical inspirations behind the Iron Hands?

Emperor's Children, more specifically Noise Marines.

my guess is a generic Skelly with some sculpted on hair and caster. that head is clearly sculpted.

I'll start

>"I_don't_like_thing!.jpg

Nice.

I have to include it for the mandatory CSMbabbies who can't accept they got a decent AND fluffy supplement.

>Slanesh fistclaw lord with IoE biker retinue.

I cant feel a thing, HARDER YOU PANSY!!!!

Warpsmith's curse only works on vehicles. Page 34, CSM codex.

The appendix retardedly forgets to mention this so people who just reference that might think they can curse any unit, but the verbose explanation on the warpsmith's full page says only vehicles.

Celestine?

Deldar ?

Tyranids?

R8 H8 & apprec8

Not quite, but close.

Falls in the same niche.

Is this cheating?

the warpsmith entry in that book is all kinds of retarded.

master of mechanisms gives him a 5+ to repair vehicles, but if you look under the mechatendrils description it says (paraphrase) "if the warpsmith is equipped with mechatendrils, add +1 to his repair ability" but warpsmiths ALWAYS have mechatendrils as their basic wargear so . . . they always repair on a 4+. why the hell would they say "if" and not just include that in his entry? oh wait I know because the codex is written by a massive faggot. they apparently intended to make mechatendrils optional but then never actually changed the wording when they made it base wargear.

Not xenos

I think they were inspired by some guys who had pretty strong hands, if I remember correctly.

Nurgle Daemons?

Freebootaz

Nope, not Nurgle.

Blud rehvens

Hospitallers?

>77

Apparently it should be.

tomb kings

Eh, I'll give it to ya. I meant Orks in general but that's good enough.

There's a dry-cleaners in Nottingham staffed by amputees

Nope, not Hospitallers.

The icon itself has like half the solution directly depicted in it.

why is it two detachments?

templars?

IMPERATOR VULT!
Yes.

Imperial Fists?

Actually i don't know, I just posted a random pictures from my folder to see what interpretation would be

They are indeed magpies

W00T
my go

Now that one's easy, user.

Dark Angels/The Lion

Ya, I had no idea. If the comet was in an audio format it would have sounded like that strained answer when you're only 10% sure you're right but you gotta say something.

These fucking captchas are out of control

> Was about to post some picture of an upsurdly well detailed picture of a female ultramarines captain
> Suddenly realized that I never saved it.
Fuck. I wish I had that picture now. Does anyone have it? It was a realist-cartoon picture of a female ultramarine captain with a red power fist and sword, wearing Artificer Armour, and being surrounded by a halo.

You need to clean your order up cause that's a mess.

Not any of those, but it's a model.

More Hqs
How so? I followed the usual HQ, troop, fast attack, heavy support order

Dorito dreadnought

good lad, s'actually the first time I've seen his portrait. quite like the Article it come from "The Strange Afterlife of a Minor Poet"

"Poor Johnson. The ultimate indignity is that he lives on in the curious world of computer gaming. The poem above was one of the inspirations for the ‘Dark Angels’ chapter of the Space Marines in the Warhammer 40,000 fictional universe. I learn from Wikipedia that “The Dark Angels’ combat doctrine is centred around a tactically versatile force favouring the use of heavy plasma-based weapons”. Their ‘Primarch’ is called Lion El’Johnson.

Oh dear."

The dedicated transport button merges transports and their unit, makes it look much neater.

The way you have it is the Chimeras are all by themselves, from the fast attack slots.

Gulliman.

Can't take a heavy flamer if you're taking two other special weapons.

Ah, thank you. I usually use battlescribe.

That was fast. Correct!

Yeah, gets mentioned surprisingly often. I'm studying English Studies and even heard that fact mentioned there.

Thats not true, unless its been Faq'd or errata'd