Is it true that you can build a meta Monarch deck in YGO with three Monarch structure decks?

Is it true that you can build a meta Monarch deck in YGO with three Monarch structure decks?

>YGO

KYS

Lay off him. Yugioh is TG and he can ask. This board isn't just for M:tG and 40k you know.

FATAL is TG but you still can't discuss it unironically.

I'm not implying that yugioh is the FATAL of card games. I'm implying that FATAL is almost the yugioh of tabletop games.

technically it's not against the rules to talk here about things you read on r/rpg. but 99% of people on Veeky Forums enter berserker rages at the mere thought that Reddit even exists, so you'll still get your thread trashed by trolls.

When they were legal to play, they were cheap to get into (and improved if you sunk money into getting good staple cards), but TCG banlist hit them pretty hard.

I'm only asking because there's a place nearby which sells them, and I heard that it's possible through the grapevine.

You're like a year too late for that.

What's a cheap alternative?

ABCs, I figure.

>ABCs
What?

Hang yourself.

You can still make one with three of the structure decks, but it won't be tier-1.

Would it be better or worse than new toons? I had some success with that on YGOpro. Main reason I'm thinking about Monarchs is because I hate the extra deck with a burning passion.

lol

elemayo

It was a year ago.

Structure deck: Kaiba comes with 3 new union monsters and 2 new fusion monsters, these monsters are what form the ABC deck.
ABCs were meta until about 2 weeks ago.

>Minerva
thats a $1000 card
good as cash if you ask me.

It's only $1000 now because it's been out for a while and they've printed a few, on release it was easily a $5000+ card.
And you don't even have to sell it, you could easily make it's worth by renting it to scrubs who can't even top a ycs to win their own.

Yugioh cardfus>MtG cardfus

OP, do yourself a favor and avoid getting into a tcg. If you really have to, play Hearthstone. This is coming from somebody who too many times made the mistake of buying in to a short-term hobby. Ive been through MTG and just got out of Yugioh last year. If you have to play yugioh, look into GOAT decks. its the 2005 meta of yugioh and they still have tourneys out there for it. Its considered the most high tier that yugioh ever got and the meta wont change on you so you can piece together a deck for 20 dollars or less and not get screwed over. check your local shop and see if anyone is into goat as well. otherwise hearthstone allows you to play and get cards for free and still enjoy the tcg atmosphere. but you are on tg. my other advice is to check your local store and try getting into a long term hobby like a tabletop wargame. its around the same ammount of cash youd spend on a cardgame but you also get the double hobby of painting as well and your shit doesnt cycle out of relevance in a month.

>your shit doesnt cycle out of relevance in a month
> Released on 2014-08-14

>Hearthstone
Fuck that shit, it's possibly the worst example of it's kind when it comes to jewing the customers and it's gameplay is STORIES TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS (RNG) all over the place. The upfront payment you need to put down to even start playing the game is ridiculous. Shadowverse (aka Japaneses HS) is almost the same but without most of the RNG, more generosity and an interesting evolve mechanic. That said, it's taken an iffy turn with the last expansion with developers being extremely slow to nerf cards that really fucking need it. Also personal taste may apply when it comes to the art style.