If wizards are so smart, why don't they cure cancer?

If wizards are so smart, why don't they cure cancer?

That's a weird way to ask for bitches.

If a wizard got cancer they'd just become a lich, who cares about other people

This.

Who says they can't?

You do realize that wizards exist outside of D&D's "balancing" for "classes" right?

Thulsa finally realizes bitches will get him nowhere, now seeks the cure for cancer.

Because remove disease is a cleric spell.

If your wizard isn't barred from medical practice and widely discredited then you're doing it wrong

Who says that they didn't?

They're not witches.

a high-level wizard capable of curing caster can only do it a finite number of times a day, and will have more pressing concerns than curing cancer, like making sure the giant dragon doesnt eat them

Restoration is not a valid school of magic.

I resent that.

Why can't the Wizards stay and cure cancer, and entrust killing the giant dragon to the martial classes?

Can Restoration do this?

Because all martial classes are good for is being pack mules.

I came here to post this

>51760957
Who needs to cure cancer when you can live forever?

I came here to post this exact thing, Grand show good sir!

This

You're playing the wrong RPG son.

It pays better to to Treat an illness than cure it

This.

>It pays better to Treat an illness than cure it

Yikes that's too true!

Truthfully I have never read of people dying from cancer in prose fiction desu. But why didn't Voldemort use a gun?

Because if he did then the author would make up a reason why it wouldn't work. Presumably all the characters in the setting already know this reason.

>Kill everything
>Raise undead like a motherfucker
>Cancer successfully stopped
There you go.

Curing disease is a cleric's job, I'd rather learlearndo a handstand and shoot lightning out of my toes to impress chicks at parties.

Goddammit, I fucking hate my autocorrect, there's like a 30% chance it'll mash random words together when you hit backspace.

Well, not being funny couldn't he summon like a V2 or just mind slave the army to fuck everything up. Apache gunship helicopters have a lot f firepower.

It's heavily implied that the reason Wizards put so much stock into secrecy is that they lost a war against muggles before guns were invented, or at least it's the only reason that makes sense.

If that's true, wizards would be wiped out very quickly along with all the rest of the magical creatures on earth, if their existence were to be made public.

Maybe the same reason muggles can't randomly walk or fly into Hogwarts and other such places.

Besides, if guns and such were used the wizards could likely come up with counter-measures, maybe all it takes is a simple cantrip to jam a gun and only a bit more effort to jam a dozen. A missile may get disabled by some wizard whose job is to do exactly that. Then it'd just go back to flinging spells at each other since they're more versatile than weapons that have only 1 form of attack.

Because he was already winning, he didn't need muggle devices.

>"Because the idea of "cancer" is actually many, many different illnesses and malfunctions under a blanket term of only vague understanding in much the same way that healers of hundreds of years ago recognised disease and sickness and devils and evil spirits. The act of "curing cancer" is a wondrous dream of saving lives from that which we do not really understand, but because of this while a noble wish it is a foolish one. Aid and medicine will continue progress at blinding speeds compared to any other centuries in human history however, led by the greatest minds we have as you suggest should be the case. But it will be identifying the cancers for what they truly are, and then, eventually, curing what we can only dream of. It will all be for nought, however, since nothing will cure the cancer your post just gave me."

5 star post.
Also sage

you ever known a wizard to die of cancer

What is cancer compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, Cancer gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!

Few people die of cancer, even fewer people are wizards, I know even fewer people than there are wizards and only a small portion of the people I know have died. So me knowing a wizard who has died of cancer is pretty unlikely. Kinda makes your question pointless.

/b/'s meme magic is stronger.

They do In one of my friend's settings. Very difficult and you need to find one who's versed in the healing arts and has trained to treat the specific disease though. That's if you want to do it without the aid of potions and medicines.

If you're good at something, never do it for free

Not in a game that the makers put any effort into balancing.

Cancer is a wasted effort. Heart conditions is where it's really at.

Because they created cancer when doing the multidimensional equivalent of licking dirty dishes.

Only the mold had lovecraftian origins.

Ever heard of a wizard dying from Cancer?

No, you haven't Good wizards know good clerics. Evil wizards cheat death by any means, probably lichdom. Shit wizards aren't worth the title.

Nigga in my universe aracane energy is radioactive as hell! Its killing people and GIVING wizards cancer, though that is also the reason most wizards try so hard for immortality, and will do anything to necome liches

This is why I never have sex, too expensive.

They have they just keep it to themselves because they make more money treating cancer than curing it

you cant cure game elements. duh common cold ext......
they are the goads not to be kicked.