What's the proper way to Space Dwarf?

What's the proper way to Space Dwarf?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dRpzxKsSEZg
1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Squats?
youtube.com/watch?v=YCApeXCE0W8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you blend scifi tacticool minimalism with dwarven muh craftsmanship?

The key is in the K.E.G. (Kustom Exosuit / Golem)

Get eaten by Tyranids.

Race of space miners who live inside of planets.

1. Throw filthy anvil-fucker into airlock.
2. Hit eject button.

If it's generic fantasy in space, just give regular Dwarves laser guns, mechs and starships.

If you want something that's broadly based on Dwarfs from Norse myths without turning into Starship Gimli, then you can look at what the Dwarfs main traits were. Secretive, dishonest, greedy, fine craftsmen, dwelt in a seperate hidden realm (could be underground, or you could make it folded space, a dyson sphere, whatever) and bold enough to try to cheat the gods. Wrap all those things into a package that isn't a diminutive bearded Scotsman with an axe, add whatever else seems cool, and off you go.

I had the dwarves as merchants who travel in warp space (each race had different ftl means), kept records of people, and hollowed out planet mines to use as worldships.

Reminder that somewhere in the Warp, there's a Squat Gotrek fighting Daemons.

Big boots, bigger guns

retcon

You can have dwarven craftmanship in your sci-fi easily. You know, aesthetics are just a choice.

>Loud and boisterous
>Love axes
>Love beards
>Love mountains
>Hates magic except their runic kind

Space Wolves makes for pretty good future "dwarves".
>inb4 lulfurry funny memez

The Perfect shape is the driving force. The meticulous gemometic shapes are not just for show of mastery in craft but as a way to combat the chaos of formless form. To Dwarves the directionless nature of chaos is anathema. Creativity is desired but it must be guided, disciplined, shaped, and understood. To create simply for it's own sake without purpose or reason invites the taint of disorder which brings ruin.

When all things are in the proper shape and their purpose and meaning catalogued then the universe will be perfect.

This is perfect and I'm stealing it
Thanks user, you made me laugh for the first time in a month

Space Bikers ruled by Stinky from Lazy Town.

tiny litte tombstones

While Dwarves can handle distances as little as forty centimeters, it's best to space your Dwarves at least a meter apart to properly develop.

Drinking and mining asteroids like no tomorrow

Spelljammers of finest dwarven craftmanship?

Sci-fi humanity

craftmanship is displayed in chips

Get grimdark enough so that GW will retcon you back from a footnote in 6th and 7th ED that you are still around back into being a faction.

They dug too deep into the Warp, and unleashed a nameless terror from the depths beneath the Eye

>Stinky
It's Stingy, you halfwit.

Space engineer: the race.

This. Mantic, for its many many many many faults, has done space dwarves right.

What does Veeky Forums think of 1d4chan's Squat codex?

>take Khaine's pieces
>mix with C'Tan shards
>throw in AoS Grimnir pieces for good measure
What happens?

Zaku style Heat Axes

People from a planet with higher gravity, so they don't grow as tall. A culture develops around being able to build high towers that can stand the test of time. Pressure inside the planet creates complex crystals vital to building long range warp engines, so the planet has become quiet wealthy as a result.

>Asteroid belt kingdoms
>Sub-surface colonies all across a solar system to escape withering surface conditions, with no need to ever bother with terraforming. Dwarves are culturally disinclined to care about "natural" environments
>space dwarves are into high specialization, even down to the family level. Whole clans are dedicated to manufacturing, biochemistry and astrophysics, but work symbiotically with each other to ensure a productive and safe society. Most dwarves are really bad at everything they aren't specialized in, but are absolute masters at their studies
>Prefer not to leave their home, be it sub-surface colony or asteroid, and have most of their offworld business conducted by drones or "golems."
>Dare ye enter the hall of the Meteor King? youtube.com/watch?v=dRpzxKsSEZg

need more space dwarves art up in here

What does Veeky Forums think of 1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Squats?

>those literal 40k ork boyz

like this

I honestly can't take all the credit,
my d&d campaign had devolved so badly that it was basically end of the world type stuff,
so I decided to throw in space dwarves with mechs and one of my players came up with the KEG idea.
It was great they all customized their KEG for their own characters (eg giant two handed chain swords or rocket launchers)

Dig up Stupid

The humans there are pretty much GW.

>yfw they're still canon

Javas
youtube.com/watch?v=YCApeXCE0W8

/thread