...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>What to expect when you are expecting? Runner's edition.epub
>DaddyIssues?NoIssue.selfhelp.personafix
>BloodBrothers3.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 487 (74% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Remember that time you forgot your protection...? Well...'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Birth.BTL.....

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Family Edition
How do you handle family in the shadows? Are they just a Negative Quality or just background you never mention? Is building a family possible while running?

Whoever wrote the mage tradition section of the corebook had a hardon for shamans and a fucking loathing for magicians.

Found the touchy magicianfag.

Edgelord black magician when I play them, mostly.

>Birth.BTL
>its always supposed to be an innuendo
So it's to experience being birthed like as a fetish? Something about that just grosses me out.

Everything is someone's fetish.

>How do you handle family in the shadows?

The only character I had with a family was my first shadowrun character ever - a fullblood navajo coyote shaman troublemaker. He had a huge extended family out in the NAN, but specifically, he had his twin brother who was an important man in the NAN military, leader of men, etc. And so he would constantly get in my characters business when anything he did might even remotely reflect badly on him or the family name.

It essentially turned into a huge benny hill skit with big bro chasing character through the shadows with a truckload of NAN military commandos while my character giggled to himself like a madman

>How do you handle family in the shadows?
Depends on the kind of family.
>Are they just a Negative Quality or just background you never mention?
They are a negative quality if they fall into the Dependents slot, but if they're there they will be mentioned in most games I run, otherwise the player is just getting free points for nothing.
>Is building a family possible while running?
Not only is it possible, we have several examples of it in-universe.
Weather it's WISE to build a family while running is something else alltogether.

>not wanting to slither out of a distended vagina, slick with amniotic fluids and attached to the woman via your navel

Are you gay or something?

Are the Apep Consortium mentioned at all in 5e? I'm having trouble finding a reference.

And in Aetherology, there's a spirit typed mentioned called the "Nephilim". Any ideas?

>How do you handle family in the shadows? Are they just a Negative Quality or just background you never mention? Is building a family possible while running?
I've said it once and I'll say it again: people with low life expectancies from their jobs shouldn't have dependents and vice versa, but life doesn't always give those people a choice in the matter.

Also, don't be Slamm-0 and Netcat. Just don't.

>Also, don't be Slamm-0 and Netcat

Why not?

Also, I wonder what our blood magic apologist has to say on the family topic. I'd bet hard nuyen that he took dependant as a negative quality so he has a sacrifice for his power right off the bat

>Is building a family possible while running?
My runner adopted the technomancer kid they rescued from a lab during a run, so, kinda?

>I'd bet hard nuyen that he took dependant as a negative quality so he has a sacrifice for his power right off the bat

... You talk as if that wasn't a brilliant idea for role-play.

>taking a negative quality to use as a positive quality and completely missing the idea that killing your daughter or elderly mother is bad for your mental health

Yeah that sounds like that blood magic faggotface

>Why not?
Let me list the reasons:
>instead of leaving their crotchspawn with the normie parent, they have to hire a babysitter every time they go out to make money
>they don't even like each other that much
>in fact, it seems Netcat actively dislikes Slamm-0 and would've left him if he were not her babydaddy
>Slamm-0 is an overweight, unattractive manchild
>seriously, those dreads would be mediocre on a black guy and he's painfully fucking white
>they;re a drama family with plot armor
>this is speculation, but as I see it the only reason Clockwork didn't go after Netcat while she was pregnant is because he thought to himself "if that kid is a technomancer too, then I can bag two toaster-lovers for the effort of bagging one"

He's not that ugly.

My first SR character had a 10 year old daughter she had sole guardianship of. Usually when I was on a run or doing legwork I'd make sure to drive her to her great-uncle's garage. It's funny because since we were running at night she eventually thought I was a prostitute or something. It was great fun to try to roleplay two different characters depending on where I was.

Kinda changed when the mafia firebombed my apartment thought.

Is this from 5e fluff?

From everything I've read, Slamm-0 is described as handsome, but hes also nerdy into a buncha stuff that Netcat finds boring. I always saw them like penny and leonard in a way.

Dude, is Clockwork that much of an asshole? Holy shit

Not even.

I was just wondering, I mean sure, it's not good for your mental health, it's gotta have serious consequences and if I was the GM I'd just go "hey, if you want to have a daughter/grandmother/whatever who you're gonna sacrifice in a blood ritual, that sounds like a cool story, but forget about that being a quality awarding points to you" but the idea itself seems cool.

Also, on an unrelated note, you guys know how to mechanically model a character who is a member of a corporate family? I'm not just talking about the Sinner thing, what other things should I take into account? Like reasonably speaking what kind of lifestyle should I have and what priority should nuyen have for my character?

This is official art for him

That's not Slamm-0!

I dunno what the novels say, but the art tells me he's ugly. And yes, Clockwork is that much of an asshole.

That's Slamm-0 before he hooked up to Netcat.

>Clockwork is that much of an asshole.

Thats the kinda shit where you not only get booted off Jackpoint, but Fastjack leaks your details to someone like Picador, and you get fucking blackbagged by mercs

Why is this crack-addicted whore getting art?

Thats not incredibly flattering art

On the other hand, anyone becoming a blood mage is rarely sane to begin with. Perhaps not insane enough to turn on his own; but it's just a matter of time. Power corrupts, chummer.

If I recall correctly it was taken by Clockwork through a surveilance drone.

Are you a middle eastern hobgoblin drone rigger?

Honestly, that's exactly what would've happened if the writers didn't need to keep him around for drama.

And this is a picture of the family in a short story from Run Faster.

Bruh, look at her. Even for orc art, she's ugly as all shit, and she straight looks like a crackwhore.

Apparently Clockwork has been around in the shadowrun lore since at least 3rd edition, and maybe even earlier.

I liked the references to him in Dragonfall and Hong Kong

>Even for orc art
Actually she's an elf, that's how fucked up she is in that pic.

>Your technomancers don't look like crackwhores.
>Always on hot-sim
>Eat the minimum required to sustain yourself.
>Have to live in shitty areas and stay off the grid permanently.
>Probably medical conditions up the wazoo from your hobo lifestyle.

That's how I imagine most technomancers live before they become runners.

Wasn't he eaten by Apex?

So don't be Netcat and Slamm-0?

Oh god, Slamm-0 is fat

I had hoped the writers were above making signature hackers into stereotypes, but I guess not

Right, don't be Netcat and Slamm-0.

>Wasn't he eaten by Apex?

If that was the canon ending, but then again, I don't even know if the SRR games are even considered canon or not

He isn't the only fat decker.

Well, Jake Armitage does show up as a personafix in.....Shattered State, I think? Either Shattered State or London Falling.

That's thick at worst, and most likely just bad art.

Thats not fat

Also DevGrrl is still a teenager - she was in JrHigh in 4e, so she might be going into college by 5e

The 5e AGS book has stuff on Apex. It survived the crash by hibernating and will be expanded upon in upcoming supplements (most likely the Berlin pdf).

She's 22 in 78.

Lovely...

Remind me what Apex is again and why we should all dread its return.

Super Black IC AI that eats Deckers and steals their memories - its implied that it has to do this to survive.

Apex is love

Oh shit, that almost sounds like some sort of technovampire.

FUCK YOU

I KILLED YOU

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, at least Apex didn't get a certain host.

Did you?

Bad news of the "DEUS" kind, chummer...

I always got the feeling that Clockwork is the only reason Slamm-O and Netcat still have a kid. He knew about the contract on the kid, knew about the kid, didn't do shit despite being close enough to tell the kid's eye colour. Erupts at Slamm-O when he gets patronising, but ignores him otherwise. There's a mention in another book somewhere about the things he has to do for free, where he's muttering darkly in a comment related to the kid. Sure, he tried to sell Netcat, but Hobgoblins have their own weird sense of personal honor. The moment something crosses that, he hates it.

That would definitely make him an faceted and interesting character

>PERKY
>CHOCOLATE
>NIPPLES

Well, they can't make Bull fat, because he's a turboneckbeard IRL. So it has to be Slamm-O. Smiling Bandit is a gracefully aging older man according to art, and I can't think of any other male hackers.

>mohawk isn't pink

Lame. as. fuck.

I still haven't figured out what the big deal with DEUS is. Sure, he held the entire Renraku arcology hostage, but that doesn't make him a threat to the shadowrunning community and he wasn't capable of fulfilling the promises he made to his otaku cult. Why is he being discussed in the shadows?

Crash 2.0, chummer, Crash 2.0.

Worst part? Fucker ain't gone yet.

>Crash 2.0
>not gone yet
Ah, yes, that would do it.

And the fact that out of the 15,000 people in the Renraku Arcology, barely a thousand got out alive - apparently whatever happened in there was grisly and straight up nightmare fuel

Hypothetical question: is there anything that Clockwork would be willing to throw his life away for? Like, would he be willing to die to make sure that the cure for Methuselah syndrome was made available to the general public for a reasonable price?

So how do the SINless keep anything? Ever? Just buy a rating 6 sin and hope that it never gets popped while they're busy living their High lifestyle?

Probably not. If there was, it'd be some really weird combination of his own personal honor and experiences leading him to a point where he either dies, or sees everything about himself be proven false. Moral rubicon.

Most can't afford fake SINs and live street or squatter lifestyles where they can only keep what they can physically protect.

Yeah, but some end up as Shadowrunners or lucky idiots with a big chunk of money, so that's what i'm looking for.

Well, from my experience the average shadowrunner uses an R4 fake SIN while working and uses either a R6 fake SIN or a real SIN when they retire.

>Mistakenly free a fragment of DEUS from NSA headquarters.
>Mirage telling me I'm an idiot.
Oh boy, time to go kill a god.

I'm having an issue with Chummer where when I try to initiate and add a metamagic, it lists having that metamagic as a prereq for getting it, so I can't get any. Any idea how to fix this?

Pic related

Add the art of centering first.

One day I'll get around to fixing that behaviour to properly show you why it's blocked. I swear some of the decisions Adam made are just mind-boggling.

Anyway, you need the Centering Art first.

Ayy, we're good now. Cheers omae.

Wuts dat?

And thank you based yekka.

I'm hoping there's a bit in a future book where they're doing their usual sniping bullshit at everyone and someone erupts and starts dropping truth bombs. Maybe having paid Haze to help out in the whole 'constant foiling of assassins on the kid' thing for a real mindfuck.

>Maybe having paid Haze to help out in the whole 'constant foiling of assassins on the kid' thing for a real mindfuck.
Just imagine if it turns out he's been some sort of reverse Zoom for this kid.

Jesus fuckin christ, he looks fuckin' dead inside.

He might be.

Uh, did the Roll20 export option for Chummer disappear?

Just wondering, are there any worthwhile Sniper Rifles one can buy at chargen?

Ares Desert Strike is expensive, but it's chargen legal and worth the investment.

My nigger. I had a very similar character, except mine did not Awaken but his brother did. Bro went on to a successful career in Sioux politics, my character got some 'ware and slid into the shadows as a face/Cheyenne fixer.

After many sessions we finally met in-game, and had a long argument about who Dad liked better.

Are there examples of the scale of A Corps anywhere? I'm thinking of introducing one as a recurring Johnson for the runners in my group. Probably a small arms manufacturer.

Isn't that the weapon that is a rifle equivalent of a smartphone? the one which is incapable of taking just a bit of dirt?

well 3e had this in Corporate Download

>After many sessions we finally met in-game, and had a long argument about who Dad liked better.
I chuckled a little.

Quite the opposite actually.
>Ares Desert Strike: This combat-hardened sniper rifle is intended for long-range shooting in harsh environments. That means it was built without materials or technologies prone to failure. It comes equipped with a rigid stock with shock pad and a detachable imaging scope.

You're thinking of the Ranger Arms SM5, the one that can fit into a briefcase if I recall.

and 4e had this
>A-Rated Corporations

>You want a rating, you better be a multinational. You don’t have to have too many “multis” in there, though—significant operations in two different countries is enough.
>Once a corporation hits a certain size, going multinational is a logical step—different countries have different laws, which means you have at least two different sets of loopholes to squirm
>through. It also means two different sets of legal requirements and tax filings to deal with, but most corps of any size figure the benefits are worth the hassle.
>Then there’s the golden plum of getting a Corporate Court rating—you fall under Corporate Court jurisdiction, and youcan put together your own defense force to fight off any threats.

>Congratulations, but don’t let it go to your head. Single-A corps don’t have extraterritoriality (see below), and they’re usually not big enough to push around national governments on their own.
>That means they usually need to make at least a show of playing nice. While by any normal terms A-rated corps are huge entities, they’re the small fries of Corporate Court ratings.
>They often find themselves to be the target of aggressive merger and acquisitions teams—more than one corporation has decided that the easiest
>way to go from AA status to AAA is to simply add another A. If you catch my drift.

4e Corporate guide p12

Alright that's mostly what I thought. Thanks for the info chummer.

While coming up with this corp, I realized that are no .50 BMG battle rifles in the game. So their primary niche is heavy weapons for big metatypes or heavily chromed people for use against other big metatype and heavily chromed people. Also drones. Their flagship weapon is the aforementioned .50 BMG battle rifle.

>battle rifle
What even is a battle rifle, and how is it different from an assault rifle?

Full power rifle cartridge like .30-06 instead of an intermediate caliber like .223.

So this wouldn't really be a battle rifle either, but it's closer to that than an assault rifle.

What's the minimum rate of fire on them? I think the Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine from Gun H(e)aven 3 might fit the bill.

Battle rifles are chambered in a full power rifle round such as 7.62/.308/.30-06 whereas assault rifles are chambered in intermediate calibers like 5.56 or 5.45

They don't really have a minimum rate of fire and most of them have fire selectors much like assault rifles, but are used in a sharpshooter role in most militaries so you wouldn't be using it very much.

Battle rifles exist in 4e but as part of the generally panned WAR! splat.

Those of you who are still godly men, how do we strike back against the heathen menace?
Cool Catholic Campaign ideas
>Mary is actually an insanely powerful Free Spirit and manifests at the Vatican one day to hurdle the Vatican to AAA status

>I had hoped the writers were above making signature hackers into stereotypes, but I guess not

Did you not read the thing in Data Trails Slamm-0! wrote about what it means to be a hacker? It was some hardcore stereotype bullshit.

Any faith in the sixth world is pretty tarded because the magical world is subjective. All religions are at least partially true because spirits will react to any religions practices and rituals and spirits will manifest however you want them to.