Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

I've never made a general before edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=McfWLZ253Hk

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
variancehammer.com/2016/10/10/2-aint-what-it-used-to-be-fixing-the-space-marine-terminator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Ultramar

Second for khorne

Still making changes to my list, still looking for advice.

Feedback appreciated.

Does anyone know what specifics apply to add FoC Celestine to an army? Can it only be added by a sisters contingent, or any imperial one?

Third for the Silent King!

I think the Scions would do better with Meltas than Plasmas. You could use the saved points to put a third Melta into the Veterans.

Personally I don't really rate the basic Leman Russ. For the same price you can get an Exterminator with hull Lascannon and Multi-Melta sponsons, and it can happily trundle around firing all of its weapons at once.

I would make the weapons in the sisters squad be the same; two meltas or two flamers, hence you give them an specific goal in mind and more tools to do it, and not two possible goals and not enough of them.

Are there any good books I could read concerning Tyran and the discovery of the tyranids?

meh
mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8

Would you boys recommend for renegades and heretics with some chaos space Marine friends?

How can we make terminators great again?

This.guy took time to think about it

variancehammer.com/2016/10/10/2-aint-what-it-used-to-be-fixing-the-space-marine-terminator/

nah, John Connor messed them up pretty good

Increase their WS and BS to 5, so they can make the most out of their relatively limited number of shots/attacks. Then let them re-roll their armour saves. It means you don't have to worry about them being drowned in small arms fire, but still have a definite weakness - AP2 weapons.

Ideally this would go hand in hand with a nerf to Grav-weapons of some kind, so some schmuck with a Gravgun can't YOLO and kill half a Terminator squad in one lucky round of shooting.

Since she is not a SoB you can only use her in Space Marine armies.

:^)

Or just remove Grav, beside marines that can spam them and the Mechanicus that can have like what 3 in a shitty model?

Just remove them. Is not like GW haven't remove rules and updrades from already existing plastic kits

grav should be AP- rending, and a random glance on 6s, not an automatic immobilize

Check'd and yes. I highly recommend it. Fun to play and paint.

Go on

Any Imperial CAD.

forgeworld armies with variety and options are almost universally more interesting than GWs copy and paste shit

>renegades and heretics

You mean Rapiers and Rapiers.

Removing Grav entirely wouldn't be a good idea. It does play a useful role - that of killing Monstrous Creatures. It just needs to be tweaked so it isn't also good at killing vehicles and heavy infantry, because at the moment it renders Plasma guns completely pointless and Meltas situational.

Just radically cutting the number of shots it can fire would work. Grav-Guns could become Assault 1 and Grav-Cannons Salvo 3/2. The Admech's heavy Grav-Cannons could remain as they are, since they don't get Amps for the re-rolls and are tied to slow, inaccurate, fragile models.

>just removing grav suddenly makes Terminators good

Wrong, dipshit. So fucking wrong I can't even begin. Terminators weren't even fucking playable BEFORE grav was made, when all the armies were piss weak as fuck and the strongest armies was literally Space Wolf CAD and Imperial Guard CAD Leafblower.

And one shot, maybe two but double the point cost.

Honestly why the fuck this thing was made beside sales is beyond me.

Hordes? Flamers/Rapid Fire
TEQ? Plasma/Melta
MEQ? Plasma/Melta
Vehicles? Melta
Horde and Vehicles? Missile Launcher/Autocannon

Maybe if grab was made to specifically counter MC, but right now beside low save or no saves models the thing is a no brianer.

Grav shouldn't hurt vehicles at all. God you idiots are retarded. How simple is that? Just make it not affect vehicles. Not this stupid HUR DUR AP- RENDING shit.

Who the fuck kick your cage nigger?

I was talking about Grav, anyone knows terminators have been shit since 3rd.

AP - rending makes sense given that current state of the game. Look at scat laser or anything else medium strength lots of shots. Usually never more than AP 4 outside of knights or at minimum in the heavy slot of the FoC

Why not just make it a Gauss weapon at that point.

See how stupid it looks? The ability to hurt vehicles in anyway plus being a useful tool for everything is what makes the grav so annoying and broken. Making it easy to spam is even worst.

I won't disagree with any of that

Terminator armour gives +1 wound.

There.

100% here's my list

+++ DG + Zombies (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2019) (1849pts) +++

++ Vectorium (1331pts) ++

+ Core (1259pts) +

Chaos Warband (1259pts)

Chaos Lord
Bike, MoN, Sigil, The Pandemic Staff, VotLW

3x Chaos Bikers
2x Plasma Gun, VotLW, MoN

2x CSM Squads
MoN, Plasma Gun, VotLW

Chaos Terminators
MoN, 3x Combi-melta, VotLW

3x Havocs
4x Autocannon, VotLW, MoN

+ Auxiliary (72pts) +

Spawn (72pts)
2x Spawn, MoN

++ CAD (Renegades & Heretics: IA13 / IA:SoV v2006) (518pts) ++

+ HQ (85pts) +

Renegade Command Squad (85pts)
Covenant of Nurgle, Ordnance Tyrant

+ Elites (185pts) +

Renegade Heavy Ordnance Battery (120pts) - Militia Training
Zx Artillery Carriage [4x Crew, Earthshaker Cannon]

Renegade Heavy Ordnance Battery (120pts) - Militia Training
Artillery Carriage [4x Crew, Earthshaker Cannon]

+ Troops (90pts) +

Plague Zombie Mob (30pts) [10x Plague Zombie]

+ Heavy Support (158pts) +

3x Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery (79pts)
Militia Training, Additional Crew

3x Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery (79pts)
Militia Training, Additional Crew

T5 is mathematically better

Been running Marines for a while, and i've got a few various units from other armies that I want to run together.

Any criticism would be appreciated, figured I might as well get some usage out of my scattered units.

I'd like to see terminators go to T5. It would make them good enough that we may see people start using them.

>Look at scat laser or anything else medium strength lots of shots

I'm sorry, I thought the whole point of you crying about grav and brainstorming nerfs for it was to get AWAY from Eldar levels of power.

Why sailor Jupiter? Cortez is better, cheaper and sexier.

T5 would be good too.

But I think 2 wounds would make them more durable against plasma and what not.

GW should go full jew and bring back loyalist converts for the tratiors legions and new arch traitors for the loyalists. Would collect another night lords army if they did so

No waifu no laifu

Is there any tool where I can try out a chapter color scheme on my pc first?

Frankly, because I run up against an absolute tonne of Psykers in my meta. She'd be invaluable to deny their shit.

Gives plasma a place. Grav would still wreck.

Read ya douche fags

Grav will be nerfed into the ground in 8ed.

Just you wait.

/request/ - Does anyone have the picture of some Death Korps, walking down a street with a tank behind them, there is some led scenery and dry ice smoke effect...

It's all models / scenery, not a drawn picture.

I can't find it for the life of me, thanking you in advance

What's gonna happen after the third gathering storm book?

No one knows.

Which army will get new stuff in the third gathering storm book?

CSM?

SPESS MEREENS

Warhammer - Age of EMPRAH

The meltavets should get stuck inside a transport or they're never gonna get anywhere, the Inquisitor squad is cute but hot shot lasguns arent that great.

Overall the army has a low model count, Id drop the Inquisitor squad by like half and just stick them in a rhino, then use the saved points to buy a bare bones infantry platoon (130pts for 25 models), and then use the platoon as cover for the tanks and more elite units, it might be good to drop the flamervet squad for normal infantry if that was what you planned to do with them.

Heres my 1500 list, and my main way to break your tanks would be a deep striking terminator squad. Having a squad between them and the leman russ can help a lot, they can force my squad to stay more than 6" back to keep the russes safe from melta fire and keep my terminators from assaulting them. In contrast, having no ablative squads to protect them and I could deepstrike terminators right next to them and kill the whole squadron with combi-meltas

Grey Knights, Ultramarines, whatever faction you could say Cypher belongs to.

If you mean the fourth book we have no clue yet and it'd be pure speculation.

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
>Please stop using Rubrics as book marks

:(

I'm thinking of giving up on my guard army. I like the theme but the stats for the point costs are just utter shit. On top of this, you're stuck building VERY specific ways just to even have a chance at a shot of beating even mediocre armies.

Yeah, Eldar and Tau were ruining the game in 6E and GW nerfed them nice and good to make the game way more balanced. It's only a matter of time before vanilla marines get the same treatment!

Play SoB it is worst and more expensive money wise.

That said man up you are playing guard have some dignity

Any army is playable if you do it right and play well, I mean it might be unsuitable for competitive play but Its still fine in pick me up games. If you're looking for a competitive army then yeah it might not be for you, but if you love your guard keep playing them, who cares if you win or lose?

R8 my 1985 points list pls.

>Any army is playable if you do it right and play well

One army is playable only if your opponent is retarded.

1850*

>>Maybe if grab was made to specifically counter MC

Bingo.

MCs have steadily gotten out of hand (except in the hands of the one faction famous for them, Nids). The biggest issue is simply that causing wounds to MCs is quite pointless until they lose their last one, and insta-killing them is limited to a very select number of weapons that specifically inflict Instant Death. This contrasts directly to vehicles which are all vulnerable to Instant Death from any Ap2 or Ap1 weapon in the game, and every penetrating hit they take will decrease their effectiveness. Vehicles also typically don't have access to saves like MCs do.

There isn't a good answer in that list to MCs with decent saves (obviously an MC with shit saves, like a Squiggoth, goes down like a bitch to autocannons). Plasma only chips one wound off, melta is too short ranged and only chips one wound off, missiles only chip one wound off and bounce off 2+ saves. Plus all of that stuff is wounding on either 4's or 5's. Those ain't good odds.

I hate Grav (though it's hilarious deploying my Green Tide against a Grav spammer). But it was a result of an infection that has been spreading for some time.

SoB are actually better than IG depending on your area. For example when you have a lot of melee or knights, SoB are far stronger than IG due to the army being pure melta.

Juat because others have it worse doesn't mean it's worth just dealing with it.

Why was Chaos so chill before/throughout the heresy? In the 40st millennium you have daemonic hosts devouring whole planets but in 30k the gods seem content to just whisper in ears. Is it because the Emperor got HORUSED? Was he keeping it in check?

>thinks he has to "deal" with his army

You picked your faction for the wrong reasons then. I don't give a shit how weak my army is, I picked it for the lore, models, looks, and how much I enjoy hobbying with it and seeing it on the table, even when losing.

That happened in 30k too.

orks?

tyranids?

Try throwing some allies in or something.

>tfw I want 30 repentias in my army

I'm onto you, GW

I like everything but losing EVERY match. It's not fun getting absolutely fucking wiped every game.

Playing against Ravenwing Black Knight bike spam the majority of the time. Not fun whatsoever.

>tfw I want 30 lightning claw terminators in my army

MELEE EDITION WHEN GW

Get ignores cover AP3 somehow

Also play with more terrain that the bikes can't get through.

I got 9 plus the dominatrix.

Assuming the player with the Knights ignore them.

You can play the Attack on Titan theme and enjoy Repentias destroying the Knight in Melee.

So far it has worked three times the other 4 times it didn't work. Was due to the lack of attack on Titan theme song playing

I would but I'm also the only one in my meta who even owns a knight.
I do face a melee Dark Eldar/Harlequin army and probably Space wolves.

best primarch hands down

fight me traitors.

>you'll never get a chair in Roboutes round table

>Get ignores cover AP3 somehow

doesnt exist for 90% of the armies.

desu, I put grav kataphrons in my army purely because of my GK mate who LOOOOVOES his dreadknights and termies (well that, and I love the models). in the beginning when I was just tstarting my army (and a few others in my group) he was mostly wiping us. he bases his army around DKs and termies. only recently he started fielding more marines when we taught him how easily he can lose with low model count that can easily countered.

What the fuck is wrong with you?! You charge your own Knight with Repentias then!

Play in a maze with 3" wide corridors, never any longer than 12" between each turn in the maze. Put a roof on the maze to stop any funny business. Welcome to Space Hulk.

Because failaddon has been spending 10000 years blowing up pylons so chaos can cause rifts easier

SoB can get ignore cover AP1 onces maybe twice if you spend the points.

Love Dildo of Double Act of Faith
Superio Fat Cow for Leadership 9
Loud Moaners in your tanks to re-roll those failed Leadership test.

Guard can do it, but you have to spend ~500 points on artillery and $200+ on models and HOPE that your orders go through.

Papa Smurf wakes up and now they are BFF with eldar Ynnari for whatever reason

>or just remove grav

Why pretend that you weren't suggesting removing grav would improve terminators?

Mostly by making storm bolters good. Assault terminators are still decent, thanks to storm shields, so you need to have something which makes only the tactical ones better. Storm bolters are also generally overcosted at the moment, so it's two birds with one stone. I'd say making them Assault 3 would be about right.

But that makes low-strength weapons even worse, when they already struggle to be relevant. Do we really need to nerf lasguns and shotguns any more? Plus anything that boosts T becomes truly horrific if it can be stacked onto terminators.

Probably around the same time all the ork weapons which are described as manipulating gravity get the grav rule.

A storm, duh.

Because terminators are shit regardless.

Then why play the game at all.

Yeah they are, thus "removing grav" is a retarded suggestion within the context of the discussion. Doing so does nothing to improve terminators, so why even suggest it?

the guy you are replying to is a faggot but competitive 40k is a path only for the retarded.

Because I was not talking about terminators you retard.

The original post talked about terminators and Grav I just responded to the Grav part.

God damn it have your (you)

>that tiny ass helmet plume

>wanting to win in a game where the objective of the game is retarded

Your poor taste is noted user.

With the Pimp Cane orders Will be assured

Its retarded because the game is not even slightly balanced. It puts you in a toy soldier arm race with other talentless retards whose only success in life is 40k. Meanwhile Gw laughs to the bank. Just play cool shit that's decent. You must be american

WHERE IS THAT HELMET FROM?

chaplin enoki plus the guy altered it with gs to make it bigger