Dwarves -> Draphs

How much of an improvement would it be if dwarves were replaced with draphs?

no

I love me some nipponese cartoons and such, but they should probably never touch western fantasy. So no, there would be no improvement.

It would be a huge one.

Of course, that also depends on how you would fit them into your world and flesh out their culture but really, dwarves being something else than Scottish miners and clones of Gimli would be nice. I like the company from Hobbit movies because their designs were pretty distinct for traditional, tolqienesque dwarves.

Also, horned, short and extremely busty but with sensible proportions is one of the best combinations.

>animu dorfs
>huge improvement

Pick one and only one, weeb

Years ago I did a setting where the post-magical-apocalyptic descendants of dwarves looked like the Jawas from Star Wars, only beefier.

>sensible proportions
>draphs

I have some news for you...

>Being this insecure

Are you afraid they will be taking all your players away, user?

God fucking damn it guys stop thinking with your dicks. I love the Drafs as much as anyone but no it wouldn't be a 'huge improvement' if they replaced traditional dwarves because then they'd be strange and jarring in relation to everything else.

I mean, they are voluptuous as hell but they did not go for the strange potato-like shape of harvin/lalafell and other weeb "short and cute" races nor squashed and disproportional like WoW goblin/gnomes or some shortstacks like, I dunno, Midna. It helps that they are around 130 cm on average, not 60 cm or whatever.

Did my picture stop you from reading past first sentence? Aesthetic alone is ok and important part of it but the race should be interesting past that if you are serious about placing it in your world.

What if i prefer not having dwarves in my settings?

Replace dwarves with whalemen instead.

Not user you are replying to but what makes these interesting? From the images you posted they doesn't really seem any different from other "let's put wonky ears and/or horns on big breasted girls" animu.

Tbh that's mostly what they are. But they do actually have a decent explanation for the standard videogame fantasy race sexual dimorphism: they were originally a slave-race for a powerful ancient civilization, who selectively bred the males to make good laborers and soldiers (they're huge and strong) and females to make good breeders (they mature quickly and have ginormous breasts and hips. Also they're small to take up less space).

Female draphs are literally made for breeding (and presumably headpats).

What this user said . Also, draphs aren't fleshed out too much in Granblue Fantasy but that's why I said you would have to work on them yourself to make them worth their place. Horns and huge boobs are just a bonus.

Just to be clear, I am not a GM and I did not introduce them anywhere so I do not have answers like that. On the other hand, recently a dwarf appeared in one of my games (pretty weeb one) and the GM decided to use the picture in to describe her so I guess I do have them in my game right now? They are still pretty minor, basically a single NPC and not much else, but that's something.

I really enjoy the explanation they have for Draphs. It makes sense in a eugenics to make then like that, and now it will take a huge time to reverse (if it will even happen). SO you can have you huge montains of muscles and cute girls in the same race, with an average explanation to why they have such giant body dismophirsm. Still I woundt change Dwarfs for Draphs. As much as they have the same niche a bit, dorfs are a classic, and I will get players who will be unhappy to not be able to be one.

>I have no idea how to use them in setting, but huge boobs and cow horns makes it extra sophisticated.
Isn't that just plain sex appeal?

I have no idea because I did not think about it to hard. I am not the a GM nor do I feel the need to homebrew any settings right now. I also do not claim any "extra sophistication, only that draph aesthetic is fresher than stale old dorfs. That does not mean they are terribly original, because they aren't, but at least they are a little different. And yes, I am a weeb and I do like big tits so that's an incentive.

Maybe they will play a bigger role in a game I told about earlier and I get the chance the flesh them out more with my GM. That could be interesting, I think.

Draphs are an amusing if not entirely original dwarf variant. That sort of design is the hallmark of Granblue.

It isn't bad, though.

draphs are only good for enslavement

back to Veeky Forums with you Waifuversefags!

if only there was a waifuverse general