So which one do you think is the most cookie-cutter, regular, normie, boring ass...

So which one do you think is the most cookie-cutter, regular, normie, boring ass, nothing special vanilla Space Marine chapter ever?

No, Blood Ravens doesn't count because THQ made that up.

crimson fists

prove me wrong

It's the Ultramarines. That's their point. They are the absolute standard for marines.

CFists have the battle for Rynn's World and having more vets than other chapters.

Theyre the poster boys but theyre better at establishing diplomacy and tactics and shit, theyre one of the most organised and largest. I expect theres a more plain chapter out there

Blood Ravens could have been played like a loyalist Thousand Sons regiment transplanted to the 40k if it wasn't for the fact that THQ is trying to market the Dawn of War games to newfags. Librarians, librarians everywhere.

>largest

Nope. Ultramarines, since they rigidly follow the codex, have 1000 marines, like every other codex chapter.

None of them, really.

Most people default to Ultras or IFs, but I think that's just because they're the only ones who don't wear obvious hats. The Ultras and their successors are remarkably skilled at empire-building, which is totally unique for Space Marines.

Likewise the IFs are a crusader chapter. They and their descendant chapters are the only ones who really continue the original point of the Space Marines. So I guess that makes them the normies but if you're the only normie in a crowd of snowflakes are you truly a normie?

All Space Marines are boring. Remove them and the setting automatically improves.

Ultramarines are too good to be cookie cutter

>more vets than the other chapters and rynn world
if those are the only thing then they are still the most vanilla

All their successor chapters included, which will come back to help them at the drop of a hat

Just being 1st founding makes them special.

Genesis Chapter are the most absolutely vanilla ones I can think of. They seem to have literally nothing notable about them at all.

This. The Ultras are only "divided" in the most technical sense of the word. Calgar, and I guess Guilliman now, can call the entirety of the Ultramarines' successor base to Maccragge and have his entire Legion back and then some.

Yeah, Genesis Chapter's big selling point is being even more Ultramarine than Ultramarines. Super codex, with absolutely no deviation at all.

>They seem to have literally nothing notable about them at all.
>being made from the bestest ultramarines
>literally the first successor chapter

>tfw trying to make my own chapter
>tfw every decent colour scheme is already taken

Guilliman can probably call 95% of all chapters to do whatever now, almost no loyal chapter will refuse the commands of a primarch, especially one who was on such good terms and such a good commander

As long as it isn't a really famous chapter you can basically copy them, just headcanon it as the two chapters not even knowing each other exist due to being on opposite sides of the galaxy.

I imagine the DAs might at the very least keep Rowboat in the dark on their number of successors.

>inb4 you said "loyal"

I really like minimalist schemes of one or two major colours, but the legions have all of them.

*unzips helfrost cannon*

you wanna run that "order" by me one more time, dinky?

I thought the Sons of Russ were on good terms with the Ultras. Their only real disagreement was they didn't like splitting their forces up like that.

Sure but they are strong independent wolfy wolfs who don't need no primarch, they won't just do some shit because the Ultraman told them to. They may or may not decide to follow Guilliman's desires, they don't give a shit and will fight the Inquisition if they don't like how things are going down.

You can still vary shades a lot and use different trimmings. Blue and gold would make people think Ultramarines, but make the blue a much lighter shade and just from that I doubt many people would make the connection, especially with different symbols on pauldrons and the like.

The Imperial Fists.

>No clear cultural inspiration
>Siege is their only speciality and that doesn't get mentioned a lot
>Primarch may as well have been an automaton

Only with the recent Beast Arises series are they given more detailed but even then it's just them getting btfo'd and technically being swapped with generic chapter #34, the Fists Examplars.

>specialty

Apart from the successor chapters, the wolves are one of the most likely to answer the call, sure they don't like taking orders, but guilliman counted russ among the dauntless few (or whatever it was called) they 2 chapters are on good terms

At the end of the day, the Wolves know if it comes down to Ultramarines vs. High Lords it's pretty obvious which side takes humanity's best interests to heart.

Salamanders. Their only shtick is being nice guys.

That's a pretty outstanding shtick in the 41st millenium. Also aren't they all about flamers and shit?

They are pyromaniacs and smiths too.

why was that even capped? The story is ridiculous itself his remark was really nothing at all.

Literally-black skin and red eyes because of a geneseed defect, fetish for flame weapons and gluing flame weapons to everything, lizard fetishists, they all have a hobby blacksmithing things to the point the Mechanicus loves them because they rarely ask for supplies, they actually live amongst their people when not out fighting.

user, are you retarded or do you just like talking out of your ass?

>because THQ made that up.
GW made them for relic user.

thats why they got rekt after all not long ago right?

they sucked some dusty dick.

This. So long as they don't talk about...you know, the book. Otherwise, they got along famously.

Because people will save responses as images rather than copy-pasting them to a text file or something to use as copypasta?

This is why you stick to the headcanon, user. Odds are, whatever your group comes up with will be a lot more clever than what the writers can manage.

Fuck you, the Genesis Chapter are hilarious. They're literally an entire chapter of lickspittle suck-ups.

considering how much wolves are going to be still alive after the war on fenris and the fall of cadia, and considering they never really had any descendant, what the wolves thinks about guilliman is irrelevant
i mean they bend down to the inquisition to let them purge fenris's population, despite this being the very thing they are on bad term with the inquisition
i like the tragedy of it
to get away of your honor and pride just to survive, and get rekt by the guys you used to bully

Whatever successor of ultramarines without cool background like Mortifactor or Dead Eagles.
Let's say Sons of Orar, Genesis, Heralds of Ultramar, Eagle warriors, White consuls et al

>since they rigidly follow the codex, have 1000 marines
the codex isn't that rigid
I hate this meme

People realize a "standard" company of marines has at the very least 107 marines, right? That all ten companies have at least 1070 marines, right?

They realize librarians, techmarines, apothecaries, armoury/fortress staff, naval crew, dreadnoughts, and honour guard are also technically outside of that 1000 limit, right?

I doubt that. With cypher being directly involved they're going to have to face the music in some way. Hopefully not in the "no they're all traitors!" way, just in the "shit we do a lot of bad things don't we" way.

i have to disagree with the sons of orar, their colors are pretty dope, and it's not like they have any fluff, who knows if they are bland or awesome ?

>White Consuls
the white/black consuls actually have some cool stuff about them, even if completely minor

cool schemes, too

Probably some obscure chapter that just has a name and color, probably from Ultramarine geneseed. Ultras themselves and the more famous successors like Novamarines and Marines Errant at least have SOMETHING going on, like Roman bling, or crazy white/blue color scheme.

These other poor faggots? Just generic ass nobody chapters.

>Crimson fists
>Boring
>Nothing special
Get out of here.