youtube.com/watch?v=q0XnU0xaqsY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LUwDVuAfxHY
youtube.com/watch?v=JLLL0drCY8o
youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhGK4IFOg
youtube.com/watch?v=G9r5OKlQIkk
youtube.com/watch?v=WGBukNLP9oE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just ignore all the hate from seeing alpha footage and enjoy the game when it comes out knowing it wont be GOTY but still fun

>because we all know everyone bitching about it is still gonna buy it eventually

>>/v/

>Still no other Blood Ravens seen

Our boys are coming back right? Cmon I just saw a Chaplain who could that be? Tarkus?

I'm really on the fence about this game, I'll buy it of course, but I wish the gameplay wasn't so competitively-oriented. The aesthetic doesn't even bother me that much anymore, it just looks rule of cool which is whatever for the setting.

The only graphics complaint I have is that the eldar are still too shiny. That and disappointment in their art in general.

I was hoping that they would go in a new art direction for eldar units, focusing on perhaps more of the organic-looking wraithbone as seen in the announcement trailer.

If you get to chose who wins, Orks all the way.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

>Dat 1:02 Wraithknight jump

I am still expecting last minute necron reveal.

So IG are already in the game it seems

Same roster as DOW1 I guess

A barebones one before the expansion does them justice

Gabes new voice is so fucking bad

It's Warhammer 40K, so it's Veeky Forums related. Keep trying.

Did you hear Gorgutz new voice?

I spotted guardsmen! (Getting blown up by the bomb squigs.) What do I win?

A bomb squig to the face!

>t. im from /v/ and never played boardgames but like to discuss 40k lore on Veeky Forums
atleast read the rules kid

Yay!

This alone is putting me off, easily my biggest complaint since it's so easy to get right but the more I see trailers the more it's convincing me to buy it

Not him, but you don't go to /v/, /tv/, Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums for discussions, you go there for the circle jerks. Veeky Forums is where the discussions happen, or did you miss the latest Harry Potter and Elder Scrolls Lore threads?

>t. autism

we have weekly TES lore threads user

The Ork theme is dank as fuck, easily better than the DoW 1 Ork theme and that is great too

Strangely enough, I saw a really good fantasy books thread on /v/. (Hell, it was probably better than Veeky Forums fantasy book threads because it didn't get spammed up by chucklefucks that can't shut up about Moorcock.) It seems /v/ can have a worthwhile discussion, just not about video games.

modern Veeky Forums is almost exactly like /v/ in terms of attitude and posts

Did Macha just literally do a FUCK YOU BIEL TAN

The little xeno whore has grown a spine

>It seems /v/ can have a worthwhile discussion, just not about video games.
That's exactly it. You can't have good discussion about video games on /v/. Veeky Forums is honestly one of the very few boards where you actually can discuss the board topic without fully degenerating into memes and shitposting. Some of the best threads I've ever been in about cartoons and comics was in /v/ and not /co/ for example.

I just hope that tradition holds and the second expansion/DLC introduces a ridiculous overacted character that ushers in a third era of 40k memes.

Soulstorm was the third xpac.

The most decent videogame related in /v/ I saw was about the TF2 mercs giving insults to the Overwatch cast (better than it sounds) and a thread about Spec Ops: The Line oddly free of /pol/tards.

Angelos is the size of Gorgutz....C'mon RELIC!!

Fuck yeah chaplain.

Make way scrubs, best HQ inbound.

Gabe should not be fighting with his alien wife

Question is who is it?\

Diomedes? Tarkus? Fucking Hairgel?

>You can't have good discussion about video games on /v/.
Because most of the new games are shit and didn't deserved "good discussion", or you are whining just about "mh safe space" reddit?

Tarkus would be a goddamn solid Chaplain, yet I could see Thaddeus, since he was so zealous and prone to go Rip and Tear, which is a major point of Chaplains.

Hairgel doesn't fit the bill, first that would mean he has to talk and second it'd be weird for someone in command to suddenly switch lanes and become more of an adviser. It'd be like being demoted.

>Implying they're not arguing about the custody of the planet
>I'm plying Gorgutz isn't the judge

I played it 3 times at gamescom last year, had a blast, not as good as DC but then nothing is. I enjoyed it for different reasons

>not as good as DC but then nothing is.
Dumb nostalgiafag.

>that command and conquer esque Ork them

awwwwww yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhj

youtube.com/watch?v=LUwDVuAfxHY

>brought in two more factions
>brought in unique playstyles for them
>complete overhaul of campaign from mission-type to risk-type
>army painter
>(relatively) right first time, unlike Shitstorm
>VAing was appropriate to the OTTness of the setting without devolving into memery
>army painter
>trashtalking in Stronghold missions
Seriously, what? Without busting out the meme-word, DC is objectively the best DoW game so far

We know Jonah is back

So do you guys actually like the blood ravens or is just memes?

>has grown a spine
bwahaha

Of course I do. They're a compelling chaper with their flaws and quirks while still being "good".

>those 5 seconds
Imma be catapulting grots all day long.

I liked Hairgel.

Tarkus and Avitus were my favorite duo.

I will be a moderately likeable game, don't get me wrong, but the general art directions and animations look Starcraft as fuck. Everything that people dreaded (or at least a portion of DoW) players seems to have come through.

I was hoping for a DoW 2 follow up with a broader scale of things and a continuation of the road they decided to go with. Instead we got this.

Too bad Avitus was the traitor. MORE CORPSES!

what happened to his old voice?

Also who is voicing Macha?

Or paul was really oocupied with another project, or the new Relic forgot that he and Vegeta exists

Pretty hyped. Chaplain (in Terminator armour it seems), Warp Spiders, Guardsmen, Deathwatch squad (I think?), Macha's rebellion... Some of the shots were visually great too (Thunderhawks taking off, nice play with depth, etc.).

> the general art directions and animations look Starcraft as fuck
What does that even fucking mean, and how is that a bad point? I mean, it's graphics, it's one of the least important part of the game.

>I was hoping for a DoW 2 follow up with a broader scale of things and a continuation of the road they decided to go with
DoW2 is especially remarkable for its small scale. How could a large-scale DoW II even work? I mean, the cover system could not work (there were already barely enough cover to make them meaningful end-game, can you imagine putting even more cover, and even bigger ones (because squads are also bigger)?)

They're fine. Not particularly exciting beyond "Maybe descended from the Thousand Sons", but serviceable. I'd really like to see some of the weirdos like the Carcharodons or the Minotaurs get some love, but they'd make terrible video game protagonists. It'd be kind of fun if another loyalist chapter showed up as the villains in a campaign sometime though.
Agreed, except that the narrator guy was dorky.
Also
>Oldcrons

Might as well ask here: What are the best modern mods for DoW that add armies and units?

Large scale DoW2 Exists, is CoH

But Paul IS Angelos! these mother fuckers... They better get him next time.
BTW Did they at least get Macha?

>and how is that a bad point? I
The dude designing shit is terrible, misses a lot of basic points of art direction such as silhuette and his shit doesnt look like 40k stuff.

He may have been friends with the old art director but he doesnt even hold a candle to him.

when old Thule looked like Mel Gibson

So far the only thing I liked was the Orks.

so no tau, nids, necrons, chaos, DE, imp

Orcs
Eldar
Spess Mahreen

fuck this.

We saw guardsmen in trailer. But they probably an NPC faction for now.

Neither did the release of the original DoW. We live in the DLC era, its coming.

I hope this will not be another classical base-building RTS like the first one and that they will continue on the same tactical vein than DoW II (no building, only combat). I get people who like to build bases, but this doesn't fit Warhammer which has always been about the tactical aspect of things.

have you been living under a rock

It's as if they were 3 iconics factions of the game, and easily recognizable for the normies

Hu, we already know it is more like DoW1 than DoW2. Micro-management of the hero units is almost the only feature that made it from DoW II if I'm not mistaken

We'll be back.

Don't worry.

Boreale

>1:07

ARE THOSE GUARDSMEN?

Imperial Guard confirmed!

So was Macha going rouge?

I'll try my best at desiring what I meant by "Starcraft as fuck", it boils down to the nature of the animations and color pallets and how the units seem to move and act in game.
>fast repeating and cartoonishly fast animations (seriously, I've played Starcraft 2 and this is how it looks like to me).
>The "gravity" of animations in the game, in DoW 2 it looked so much more realities and if the detailed artwork we were shown in the artwork (from the codexes) came to life.
>Hero animations with twirl-in-air-hammer-animations, imperial knights doing weird powerstances before doing a seemingly weak AoE Gatling gun attack.

These are my gripes with that Starfuckery they decided to go with, as with everything it is personal preference, I don't like it and I get the idea their are others out there whom are similiaryly dissapointed. As for myself I feel this art direction and changes have been implemented to appeal to a broader audience and perhaps tap into the E-sports scene (coming back to Starcraft fuckery).

As for scaling up DoW 2, I think it was possible with the right changes with regards to map size, unit sizing, destructabilty of terrain and progressive terrain system as shown in CoH 2. I do however agree with your criticism of terrain going out the window in late game stages of DoW 2 mp matches, something fixable if you ask me.

It was possible but it obviously wasn't what sega was aiming for.

No chaos?

Also bored of the Elder/Ork now, give us Tao, Necron or even Dark Elder for a bit of change.

>As for myself I feel this art direction and changes have been implemented to appeal to a broader audience and perhaps tap into the E-sports scene (coming back to Starcraft fuckery).
Actually they try and catter to MOBA players more than SC2 players in my understanding

>something fixable if you ask me.
How?

No Chaos on sight for now.

Also
>Elder
>Tao
phoneposting I guess?

No Starscream and Evil Duo Maxwell, No Buy!

>youtube.com/watch?v=JLLL0drCY8o
>youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhGK4IFOg

Yeah, but you get what I was posting. Should re-read my posts next time/

Scale could obviously be tweaked with regards to the various factions, squad sizes, avaible cover and destructabilty of cover.

Addition of craters and progressive destrock unction could entirely change up battlefields as it's done in CoH 2 and to a degree borrowing from BF 3/4. It's definitely possible to address the complaints from DoW 2.

There's ton of ways to keep infantry cover abu can't in the late game if you actually try, it's just that sega/thq sometimes forget this step along the way.

It seems like the Autarch is the villain.

I do unironically like Blood Ravens.
I should strip the 6 marines I've painted and repaint them as BR.
Especially considering I got everything Marines-related wither as a gift, second hand or on a sale for cheap.
Buddy closed his gaming store and dumped a ton of those snapfit tacticals on me. If I had more business sense I'd sell off the lot.

That's the problem, VAs are really a minor issue to game developers. That's what a VA strike was about some time ago.
The truth is that voice acting is usually secondary or tertiary to a lot of things in game development (like gameplay or performance) and VAs usually don't have the star power to stay on board for long. But damn, Dobson was so great as Angelos.

My friend and I have been anti-eldar since the first DoW but when we saw that trailer, we were very enthralled with the bone aesthetic in that trailer. It was beautiful. But now that its back to shiny space-elves, and thus we are back to just outright favoring the other factions much more.

>Chaplain Underus Biteus reporting in

>tfw the plot is literally Blood Ravens trying to out-steal orks and eldars on the necron world

ngl, Macha looks and sounds a QT now

they're trying to tap into a broader audience because rts is a dead, niche genre. Most people understand that hopping into esports right from the getgo will not be good unless you're a moba.
If relic wanted to cater to moba players, they'd make an even smaller dow 2. elite units are just a cog in the machine, like gimped wc3 heroes.

>Macha
>whore
Only in her dreams and neckbeard smutfics.

I really like what I've seen so far, both graphically and gameplay, and it was a ton of fun to play at Gamescom.

My only complaints are:
>too much micromanagement with everything having 1-3 abilities
>too many particle effects on units that shouldn't have them, still
>absolute ignorance to the concept of gravity

That last one probably bothers me the most. Terminators making giant front-flip leaps and Wraithknights doing running jumps the length of their own height goes beyond even my suspension of disbelief.

>>too much micromanagement with everything having 1-3 abilities

yeah cos increasing the skill cap is a bad thing, you should just be able to a-move and the winning player should be the one that can build more shit and a-move harder

>too many particle effects on units that shouldn't have them, still
>absolute ignorance to the concept of gravity
unironically both very true, the visuals are a fucking mess

I get what they were going for with giving everything a lot to do. But managing a horde of dozens of units at once and trying to get them to use all of their stuff where they should use it while keeping an overview when there is shit like a fucking tornado happening around your warboss is going to be nothing short of a disaster.

Powersliding Wraithknights

>Wraithknights doing running jumps the length of their own height
To be fair, their very entry in the codex say that they "...are still dextrous enough to run through the ruin of a shattered city, leaping from pillar to spar as their arcane weapons bring oblivion to the enemies of the Eldar."
So that's not as silly as the terminators.

Also, Macha really sound and act like Gabriel angry ex in the eldar gameplay video, it hope it remain that way during the game that's quite fun.

Starcraft 1 is grittier than DoW 1.

>>because we all know everyone bitching about it is still gonna buy it eventually
Yeah no, Death Wing was my last 40k game.

so the story is a planet that has the "spear of "khaine" has finally come out from the warp as foretold in a prochecy.biel-tan craftworld immediately assamble an army as the adeptus mechanicus has secured the spear of khaine even building a fucking stronghold on the planet with a fabricator general overseeing "research" on the spear.gabriel angelos forbade the fabricator general from messing with the spear

skitarii soon?

Gorgutz and his voice lines sound so shitty

Hopefully they included only 3 factions so they could keep the game competitively balanced. Dawn of War esports when?

It was never about the graphics for me, at least not specifically. Problems I and many more people had with this still stand:

>absolutely abysmal animations in both movement and combat
I'm notonly talking about jumping termies and moving buildings. Even basic SM movement animation looks awkward - "cartoony" you might say.

>terrain looks similar to what we got in some most popular MOBAs etc.
Not a major complaint, but that's probably what made people say it looks like LOL. Well, this and...

>gameplay problem: particle effects are all over the place.
They're constantly obscuring view, they are distracting and terrible looking. In previous DoWs they were much more tonned down. I can think only of relic weaponry that had particle effect that prominent and that was probably a design choice.

>no kill animations
I mean... come on, it's 999M41

>Implying I'm not behind the entire plot of the game

F

youtube.com/watch?v=G9r5OKlQIkk

>Bloodravens vs Orks being manipulated by Eldar.
I swear this is the plot for all of their campaigns.

Chaos Rising being the glorious exception.

Holy shit I forgot how good this voice acting was

winter assault is like $2.50 on steam right now

youtube.com/watch?v=WGBukNLP9oE