Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

fresh made bread edition

>40k is just a SC2 rippoff sub edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=McfWLZ253Hk

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (dont forget your library card)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FOR OMNISSIAH
mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8

Phil Kelly is as big a hack as Matt Ward
there I said it

Continuing from before.

With the super Imperium Friends formation is there a way to make Valk/Vendettas work with SoB/Inquisition?

The only reason I got the thing is because I like the model.

Also could I run an Avenger in that formation or is just shit from the list?
I wonder because the rules of the formation don't even make a reference to the list

>So necrontyr were based on ancient Egyptians
>Egyptians were black and African
>so were necrontyr black?

They are also aliens. And from the art I've seen, they're probably grey in color.

>ERRATA Page 46 – Faction and Allies Add the following to the end of the first paragraph: ‘Transports from this Faction can transport Astra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus and Inquisition units as if they were all of the same Faction.’

we
wuz
kangz

>>Egyptians were black and African

(not that user, but) So yes, the valks can transport any inquisition units, but not SoB units.

so a fully equipped predator from the movie is sent into the jungle to hunt and kill a catachan sargent, armed with only his knife, who is given the reverse mission

who comes out on top after a week?

Meh? So they made IA up to par with Inquistion codex.

Still no cool deepstriking Dominion what a shame.

>Negrons

someone please photoshop this to have the Shieeeeeeeeeeeeet face, with the necron coloring

no avengers unless you "forge the narrative" the castellans list tells you which units you can take.

on stuffing units into vendettas

Q: Can units that are Battle Brothers embark in each other’s
Transport vehicles during deployment?
A: No.
Q: Can units from two Detachments with the same Faction
embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
A: Yes.

so the question is are the castellans units battle brothers or not?

>Wu Tang Dynasty ain't nothing to fuck with

>Phil Kelly is as big a hack as Matt Ward

Show me on the army list where the Guardians bladestormed you.

if you read the ally section, it says something like "alliance levels tell us how models from different factions treat eachother"
alliance levels exist even within the same detachment.

>Egyptians were black and African

The Castellan formation doesn't even mention the list in the rules. It just show them.
We can assume it means "only take shit from here" but this is GW

Catachan in a matter of hours.

One bit that confuses me is that does this mean allies can't get in flyers before they arrive? Its not deployment per se, since unless you're sitting on a Skyshield the flyer has to start the game off the table.

So what edition is best edition?
I know people hate 5th and later, at least for the fluff, but is there any kind of consensus?
Genuine curiosity, interested in oldhammer

Third.

thats exactly what it means, which leads to a lot of frustration like inquisitors cant start in transports and shit like that

way to go space marine and eldar cheesefags for ruining our fun

4-5 has best arts

it does, it's literally the first heading on the page
>CASTELLANS OF THE IMPERIUM ARMY LIST
The Castellans of the Imperium Detachment Army List divides the units available into several categories, according to their Battlefield Role.

>Egyptians were black

No. First off you're being anachronistic regarding race. Secondly there is no goddamn evidence to support the theory.

Egyptians were Mediterranean.

Yes I'm triggered.

Its not specific, but its clear that
"the castellens of the imperium detachment army list divides the units available into several categories according to their battlefield role"
and
"the detachment must include 4 or more troops... etc" means reference the list of units divided by role to see whats available.

>does this mean allies can't get in flyers before they arrive?

Correct. GW apparently didn't realise this at the time, because they updated the FAQ to say Valkyries taken as part of an Imperial Navy detachment can start off with Guard, Scions, and Inquisition units inside.

>what edition did you play the most of
same answers

friad so, in terms of the castellans list though I'd be inclined to allow the use of non dedicated transports by any of the other factions within the army but others interpretations may vary

really? i mean hes just a T3 human with a flack vest and a knife

the other guy has a damn heat seeking plasma gun

it would at least be a tough fight

I started in third, to date have played fifth the most, and think fourth was probably the best overall.

3rd because the armies were still small enough to be a skirmish

Bah, thanks guys. While I was thinking about the idea of stuffing sisters in Valkyries, I also wanted to ally Blackstars into a normal SM force because I think they look really cool.

The catachan knows how to survive on a world with tyranids on it, frogs that detonate like a nuclear weapon and plant life that literally takes control of your brain.

I've played only 2nd, 3rd and 7th, they're all horribly flawed and yet I still play

Don't forget the plant that turns you into another one of it with a single spike.

why not just use the DW crunch and have them repaint their armour because "super seekrit unit" can't reveal themselves to the enemy

3rd edition was best edition.

This does not mean it was perfect

>ancient niggafricans surviving in the Sahara
lmao

just lmao

Is the Machine God the Void Dragon?

No, but it may have been shaped by the VD

no, the machine god is an aspect of the holy emperor

>anyone who tells you different will be purged

Depends if you argue that BL is either canon or not

No, the Machine God is a religious figure that is loosely based on the void dragon

The omnissiah is the void dragon, it says so in the mechanicum book

Reposting this hoping to get critique on my selection

1850 Renegades & Heretics: Vraks Renegade Unending Host

HQ
Renegade Command Squad
Arch Demagogue, master of the horde, covenant of nurgle, 4x Disciples

Troops
Renegade Infantry Platoon
20x PCS, Demagogue, x3 melta guns, chaos sigil, militia training, meltabombs
20x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, militia training, krak grenades
20x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, militia training

20x PCS, Demagogue, x3 melta guns, chaos sigil, militia training, meltabombs
20x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, militia training, krak grenades
20x Infantry Squad, x3 plasma guns, chaos sigil, militia training

15x PCS, Demagogue, x2 flamers, chaos sigil, melta bombs
15x Infantry Squad, x2 flamers, chaos sigil
15x Infantry Squad, x2 flamers, chaos sigil

20x Plague zombies

Fast Attack
6x Renegade Sentinels
autocannons, camo netting, militia training

Heavy Support
3x Rapier Laser Destroyers
extra crew, militia training

Lords of War
Renegade Baneblade

The baneblade gives the renegades fearless while getting a modifiable 3+ cover save (2+ sentinels with camo netting) while getting shot through an infantry squad. Whenever an infantry squad dies, on a roll of 2+ it returns to the game outflanking with extra movement.
I don't know how you stop the special weapons from getting across. I would have to roll 1's for them to not get in range at some point, when the outflanking squads come in they could get killed and come right back.

I suppose that'd work, and give me Fearless hammernators. I was going for a super special snowflake honour guard force for my CM and chief command staff; the Chaplain and Librarian would be with the Terminators and the CM with a blob of Vanguard (I will make these flying pointsinks and nobody can stop me), and since I've got a bunch of MK3s sitting around I was gonna get some Breachers to use as storm-shielded veterans.

Posting for the last time, hope user saw them.

Seeing as how you get a bunch of extra arms and bodies for the GSC acolytes&hybrids. Has anyone found a good set of legs to pair the spares with?

>start playing 40k
>loose almost every game
>90% of all games uless i play like orks or nids
>after 6 months switch to an army i like a lot more (guard)
>gitgud, get better at the game in general, know my armies strengths and weaknesses, build a style i enjoy
>start winning games
>top 3 in local tourney at store constantly
>win 90% of games now, even with casual lists
>people start making comments, shit talking behind my back about how my army is unplayable
>one guy just groans every time i play him in the tourney
>worry people dont wanna play games against me anymore
>get a second army
>git gud with it, find a style i like, build up my army and know the rules
>quickly start winning games again
>worried the cycle will continue

im annoyed because i know guard is not an op army and i dont tailor against people, i just build with my meta in mind, if i was more of a cuck i would start throwing games every once in a while, im just mad because people wanted to play me a lot more when my army was trash and they knew i was a pushover

I never see anyone talk about the Hellstriders.
What's up with that?

needs fantasy bases to move your army/10

seriously people will fucking hate you if you dont make sure to be quick with your movement and know where all these shots are going

people really bitch about being forced to play against blob armies or armies with like 30 psyker dice if the guy doesnt know how to handle his numbers

show me your roster and local meta.

>ive never seen anyone talk about slaanesh

Can you post picture of page 273 from 3rd ed rulebook?

it's an Epic superheavy that's never been in 40k proper

on a related note i can tell you about the subjugator. the Subjugator was in 40k briefly as an Apoc only lord of war for chaos marines (daemons weren't an army by themselves just yet i believe) in 4th edition. the subjugator was suppose to be a bit smaller then a warhound and built as a titan killer but was rather bad at it's job. i did update the datasheet, along with some other unloved chaos superheavies, but i lost my data when my laptop crashed this year

I'm going to make modular movement trays for all my troops, don't worry. I'm not sure if I should do it by squad (because they'll get split and return elsewhere) or by platoon and just pluck the squad and do it old fashioned when they die.

How would you fix Tyranids?

Holy fuck why didn't GW or FW ever make a subjugator knight? Or is it a titan.

None of them. But IIRC those are titansized.

Thats the Brass Scorpion of Khorne on legs.

What did your Guard army lists look like? I'm a newbie Guard player for 7th edition and struggling to balance firepower and moving forward to get objectives. Or what were some of your most effective units.

I got some advice from an user last night who used 2 50 man blobs, one with Lascannons and Power Axes and a Conscript blob. So that sounded neat. I probably won't do 50, but I might do 40 men strong. I also thought of using Scions and some Heavy Weapons Squads behind an aegis.

Not the same user, but no, because the numbered pages only go to 263.

what to do to a guy who throws his saves one at a time
>I like it like this. It's more tense.

luckily he doesn't do it when there's a whole bunch of them, like 10+ but 5-6 yeah, sure no problem

It's more like an OOP Talos pain engine on legs

>AM
>winning tourneys
You must have the most beta meta of all time

i mean i can post my list in full but itll take a hot minute, basically at 1850 its a standard platoon with pask and some vets in transports, throw in a manticore usually with the spare points, sometimes ill add in a fun unit like rough riders to kinda nerf myself

i also run the emperors wrath artillery formation with three basilisks and two wyverns

throw in coteaz and some inquisitorial stuff

when i want a serious game
(whhich we both agree on) or when we are in a tourney i usually shave off the fat, bring a void shield generator, servo skulls, 2 more wyverns in a squadron, roll on invisibility and prescience and have 7 warp charges to play with, but like i said thats when we agree this is a tourney style game

my meta has skyhammer, eldar jetbike spam, wolfstars, flyrant spam, and riptide wing, honeslty i dont even feel like my mean list is the cheesiest in the store

>AS is a melta gun
man what a time it was

That sounds like your opponents are just dumb dumbs.

What gives them the most trouble?

well if it's for a character(s) or those with different saves then it's okay, but i'd call him on his shit if he was doing 5+ saves on a blob of guardsmen

no, but you can find projects people did online. speaking of unloved chaos superheavies i have a lesser brass scorpion i never finished painting

r8 my tryhard crons?

this is for games where both me and the opponent agree we wanna try our best, also for a tourney coming up in a month at 2000 pts, ive only played 1500 with my crons but this is what i want it to grow into, thoughts from other black necrontyr?

feels a bit generic imo, i would accuse myself of netlisting almost

>full squadron of wyverns
Is this because you only have one heavy support choice left? They're generally best 2x2

I don't think that would do well, at all.

Thank you.

well i play the meta so i have a counter for each

>coteaz and three meltas blunt skyhammer and help me seize

>emperors wrath skullfucks eldar jetbikes and ravenwing (which i forgot about), because ignores cover AP3

>wyverns rape any infantry without 3+/2+ AND FnP

>an invisible pask will just kill everything including wraithknights

honestly my army just has synergy out the ass and i know where to put my shots to be most effective, i dont wanna stroke my ego but im just starting to think i have better fundamentals than them

Is there an optimal or less bad way of running a Chaos Warband with Emperor's Children? 5man CSM squads in Rhinos?

well thats embarrassing... one sec

okay here

>skyhammer, eldar jetbike spam, wolfstars, flyrant spam, and riptide wing
Are you sure you didn't go to down syndrome meetup?
I don't like wyverns. Give me back my fucking griffons colossus and medusa.

Well, good synergy always does better than single-unit spam.

Artillery formation can be broken but I don't see what other counter you have to Saim-Hann and Ravenwing.

A good player with a lesser list will almost always beat a shitty player with a WAAC netlist.

we should kill all tau players

must have miss spoke myself, i bring 2 in my cad and 2 in my EW formation, yeah 2x2 tends to delete 2 squads of anything a turn

Okay, so how do you kill flyrants and riptides. Because i have severe problems dealing with MC.

I have been a couple of years out of the 40k and now that I come back I'm reading that they made something with the eldar god of death?

Can someone give me a quick summary or tell me where can I find more info?

Did they introduce more changes in the lore?

no, I get the situation with characters and differenet caves and stuff. but for a unit of termies, for example, or whatever... man. and we did tell him a few times. but no. I'm thinking to try and throw my 21 radium carbine attacks on him one by one

MCs are FMCs are by far my worst matchup

pask in a punisher will usually just vomit enough ap2 shots to kill them,thats why its so important to keep him alive and invisible or at least in cover

but yeah after i loose pask things get dicy against stuff like riptide wing and flyrants

>eldrad sacrfices a bunch of souls
>ynnead comes back
>he's got his own Avatar
>he's being helped out by an eldar lady who has lived every way you could as an eldar (craftworld, dark, corsair, etc) and her former aspect warrior teacher
>they're gonna build a wall around the Warp and make Chaos pay for it

>tfw captcha is IMPASSE MEXICO

Gathering of the storms 2 Fracture of Biel Tan
Like user said
+ Chaos rekt Cadia.(Gots Fall of Cadia)

Cheesiest 3000 point IG list..... go!