Will it happen this time; will Twin finally be unbanned in March...

Will it happen this time; will Twin finally be unbanned in March? Modern has been shit and far more linear since it was removed. It's high time desu. Also, general banlist update thread.

Standard would be better off with a Constrictor and Felidar ban. Snek is way too high in power level (like Copter), and Felidar is draft chaff that they overlooked (like Reflector Mage)

also, unban pod in modern lol

>tfw no legal Twinfu in Modern

If Wizards actually truly cares they need to unban everything from the Modern balnlist that isn't objectively broken or otherwise unhealthy.
Objectively broken/unhealthy meaning cards like Second sunrise and top (because they are physically bad outside the game and have actual hard data to show they increase tournament lengths too much to be allowed) and cards like Blazing Shoal and Mental Misstep. Objectively broken.

Cards like Bloodbraid, GSZ, Jace (yes Jace), Deathrite Shaman, Twin, and Pod all need to be unbanned and allowed a chance in the meta together. Then sort out what actually needs to be banned in the meta, not decide the bans in a fucking vacuum.

Of course Wizards will never do that because MaRo has already admitted they don't want to support Modern anymore because the pro players complain about tournament format other than Standard and limited.

>Modern has been shit and far more linear since it was removed.
I pretty much have no deck to play anymore.
Twin and pod were my favs. I understood when they took pod away but not as much twin.
been playing U/R delver instead
stopped playing modern
made a twin edh deck instead.

While I agree Snek is powerful, I wouldn't compare it to Copter. The latter was ubiquitous, slotting into anything and everything that involved creatures. Do you play creatures? Do you play lands? Do you want a cheap beater with evasion and card filtering stapled onto it? Throw em in.

Snek at least requires some work in terms of deck building. It requires 2 different colors of mana, and does nothing if you are not doing something with counters of some sort. While Snek is probably a scarier turn 2 play than Copter was, it's more so because of what it can do with the rest of its deck than by its individual merit.

I think the problem with green suns zenith is that is decreases the thought and creativity that goes into deck building. Any green-based creature deck would instantly jam 4, which reduces deck diversity and promotes poor deck construction.

Deathrite shaman I think is just too powerful for modern. It is the most played creature in legacy, played in almost half of all decks, and it also reduces deck diversity and deck construction choices. Also it inadvertently cripples graveyard based strategies.

The other cards you mentioned are probably fine though

I personally think that Stoneforge, Twin, Jace, Ponder/Preordain, Bloodbraid, Green Sun, and Pod all could come off without much of a problem.

I agree on DRS. I also think that Jitte is just too fucking strong. Possibly Punishing fire as well.

From some perspectives I question the reasoning why Copter was banned as it was only really overpowered in the terms that it could fit in just about any deck build outside of a few Control decks.

Meanwhile Snek, Marvel, Heart of Kiran and Gideon are all potentially way more powerful in their specialized builds.

Again, about stoneforge mystic, I feel that is a card that severely restricts deck building options, like gsz. It is just the best threat white has, so any deck with white is going to start off with the same 7 cards: 4 sfm, 1 batterskull, 1-2 swords. I don't really have a problem with ponder or preordain showing up as 4-ofs in most blue decks, because those don't win you the game. but when every white deck has the same win condition, it doesn't make the format more interesting and fun, and it doesn't pose any meaningful deck building considerations. It is probably fine for modern from a power level standpoint, but I don't think it would make the format healthier.

>White decks and green decks shouldn't get automatic 4-of's to help with card selection it would be "unhealthy"
>But Preordain would be fine :)

Blue fags everyone

>I don't really have a problem with ponder or preordain showing up as 4-ofs in most blue decks
go play some Legacy. I doubt you will still hold that opinion.

Preordain and Ponder aren't played as 4-ofs in any Legacy deck, senpai.

I mean, 4 of both cards in the same deck. Delver decks come the closest, I think, with 5-6 of those cantrips.

I do play legacy, and I don't think there is anything wrong with brainstorm and ponder in that format. Despite there being a lack of color diversity, there is still decent deck diversity. Cantrips don't win games by themselves, but a turn three batterskull does.

They can only unban 1 of the blue cantrip cards, and even then that might be too much, because the moment UR Storm gets a cheap cantrip it's turn 4 kills get much more consistent.

GSZ can't come off because it ends up being an autolock 4-of in every green deck because of its ability to tutor and replace itself back into your deck.

The only reason why I feel SFM can come off is because White is the second worst color in Modern, Blue being the worst. Outside of Path it doesn't have many notable cards outside of hate cards like Rest In Peace, or value cards like Lingering Souls.

JTMS can't come off until they introduce more supply into the secondary market, which they can do as early as MM17.

So ban batterskull, not a 2 mana 1/2

storm plays ~14 cantrips, and high tide (which isnt really a deck anymore) used to play the full 4 brainstorm, ponder, preordain i think.

Copter was banned because it was in almost a full %70 of decks, regardless of color and strategy. And if %70 of the meta has a card you have to build around that card which decreases diversity.

I think that would be a reasonable compromise, but calling sfm a 2 mana 1/2 is understating its power. Its a tutor, card advantage, ramp, and a win condition, and it makes your equipment uncounterable. Although I do think that white is underrepresented in modern, and an unbannind of sfm with batterskull gone might be ok.

So, Veeky Forums, what do you expect will be announced in March? At my lgs, I've never seen the modern players this unhappy with the format before, and I've been around since Treasure Cruise was legal. We've also lost a lot of players recently. I think some big change is coming.

Well the entire thread is about what we want to happen, but what do I expect?

No changes in any format.

I don't have my hopes set too high given how wizards is completely fucking over modern and legacy.

Treasure Cruise was a highlight in the format's existence. A fun period of incredibly powerful incredibly inexpensive decks everyone had access to and everyone knew it would be banned eventually.

That being said I expect they will just ban more or do nothing. Every time I get hope for unbans they prove me wrong. It took years of discussion to get some unbans finally and Wizards has not been talking to the community at all about Modern since they admitted they purposefully fuck up the format for the pro players.

>Objectively broken/unhealthy meaning cards like Second sunrise and top (because they are physically bad outside the game and have actual hard data to show they increase tournament lengths too much to be allowed) and cards like Blazing Shoal and Mental Misstep

You could have just said that you don't know what broken means, user.

>Treasure Cruise was a highlight in the format's existence. A fun period of incredibly powerful incredibly inexpensive decks everyone had access to

...All of which were Delver.

I actually disagree on that GSZ part. The card also helps to diversify green creature decks as it allows for silver bullets maindeck.

The only real potential problem with Zenith that I can think of is Dryad Arbor.

>Snek
>Aetherwork Marvel
>Gideon
>Heart of Kiran
>All of these are way more powerful than Copter in their specific builds

I'm okay with this. With the exception of Gideon and Heart working together quite well, there's almost no overlap between these powerhouses. Which means you are looking at 3 powerful decks all doing their own thing.

Oh I agree and I think the only card of those that I'd like to see go in any degree is Gideon. Standard just does not have the appropriate hate cards to deal with him and his synergy with Heart of Kiran is a bit too much for how hard he is to deal with.

We'll see a rotation at Amonkhet, right? And will it be both BfZ and Gatewatch?

Rotation happens once per year with the release of the fall set. The two oldest blocks rotate out.

tbqh I personally would rather not have a 99% jund meta

What's stopping every green deck from just running the same silver bullets

Other decks.

since when MTG community became so obsessed with ban?
i say that actually the modern banlist is the only thing that prevent the modern format to become a legacy 2.0.
on the other hand ban cards from standard is gay and retarded....

Why is the bg snek played more than when Hardened Scales was in Standard? Don't both do the same thing?

the holy trinity of pod, twin, and cawblade would make modern great again

completely different card pool

Snek is a creature, rather than a enchantment that does nothing by itself. Rishkar and Gearhulk are also better than Managorger Hydra and Endless One.

No, they want Modern to be as unplayable as possible while still being open enough to pretend they have an "accessible and thriving" non-rotating format.

Stop posting any time.

Look at Legacy. Maverick and Elves ie. are complete different decks.

Magic needs more Delver.

Better cardpool (Verdurous Gearhulk and Walking Balista just to name two) and Snek also gives you extra Energy which the deck build can take advantage of in huge ways.