Does your setting have any gays?

Does your setting have any gays?

Roughly 7.8% of the setting is gay, a generously liberal analog to real life.

Make a character and we will

How to do OSR gay-as-class?

The PCs are usually massive faggots.

No, you can't be in my setting.

I don't ask, they don't tell

I like implementing npc's that are overtly homosexual but rely on their public or political influence to get away with it. For most everyone else it would be considered a taboo. Makes the party uncomfortable if they have to seek favors from such individuals.

I've never had a pc roll up a character who's sexuality was a noteworthy element in their back story, straight or otherwise. Makes me wonder if I'm that guy.

The goddess of love is a hardcore fundamentalist, so no.

Yes it has homosexuals, but no pedophiles. I don't allow those kinds of players at my table.

Not since the lich took over.

Gays yes, Trans are drawn and quartered on sight though

how /pol/gressive of you

Yes.

There are a few. Particularly bisexuality is common in goblinoids. In the setting how it works is all three main varieties are one species. Goblins are infertile males, hobgoblins fertile males and bugbears females. Hobgoblins will engage in homosexual activity with one another at their convenience as bugbears only have a particular part of the year their mate but hobgoblins are ready year round.

Dwarves do not reproduce in that manner and don't have sexes.

Humans actually have a famous homosexual in the campaign. A hedonist noble and linguist. Harrot Marr, of house Marr, Which Likens Itself to Depravity. He is CE and an unrepentant sadist hedonist.

Has it ever come up at the table that someone has needed to be quartered for being trans?

No, but I'm sure he makes a point to mention it before every session.

nope. i think gays and other lgbt creatures need to be sent to death camps, so i dont include them in my settings. and i dont need to include the disgusting gays to make a grimdark setting either.

I have Pratchett Dwarves... so maybe on accident?

There's an urban setting I'm going to run where a violent street gang is made up mostly of gays who get kicked out of their homes and the only place that takes them in is a gang of other gays.
Trying to base it on the homosexual codes of Sparta or the samurais and modified to fit my setting.

TO EVERYONE WHO IS UNAWARE

This is a repeated troll thread made by a spammer. He bumps it with bullshit, even though he's fully aware that this is just a bullshit thread to spam his politics here.

The only proper response is to tell him to fuck off, and to quit making these /pol/ threads here. Don't encourage him and other trolls by doing anything else.

Yep. Quite a few, actually, including several gods.

Homosexuality is mostly seen as something that's weird but harmless. The portion of the population that's bisexual is higher than average, but exclusively fucking your own gender is pretty strange. You can't even have kids that way!

Transpeople also exist, but potions of gender change are relatively easy to come by, and clerics of certain gods will gladly hand one out if they feel like you need it. There's also some elf clerics who are die-hard Corellon fans and will take gender change potions to match his-or-her gender, even though Corellon his-or-her-self is extremely annoyed at the fact that he-or-she changes gender randomly for no fucking reason.

My elf cleric kept thinking that Corellon was female, even though the god had been well-established to be male. So it kind of accidentally became canon that Corellon randomly genderbends for no fucking reason, and the reason he thought the god was female is because Corellon was when he was a kid

I made a minotaur brawler that started his career because he liked to wrassle with sweaty burly men.

One party member is an openly gay crossdressing lizardman necromancer who got soul-bonded with a (now deceased) omnisexual centaur npc.

...our games aren't always the most serious kind.

Bara gays are at least ten times more characterful than twinks. I hope you had a good time.

We kill gays indiscriminately.

Pretty sure there's a gang like this in Cyberpunk 2020. They're like the gay male fashion model gang.

>this is a troll thread
Thanks, genius.

>gay crossdressing lizardman necromancer
Sounds like that recent game called Magical Realm

More like a joke about dress-wearing girlyman wizards that got out of hand, really.

How did the joke go?

Yes, the princess of the PC's nation is a raging dyke.

No, OP is not involved in it in any way.

There is a hell in my setting, yes.

Only the historical-standard amount of gays.

I strive for realism.

The gay was cured ages ago. Anyone who thinks they're gay just gets treated, and that's the end of that.

It's a wonderful world.

>Pretty sure there's a gang like this in Cyberpunk 2020. They're like the gay male fashion model gang.

That sounds pretty cool actually. I checked out some PDFs a few years ago when 2077 was initially teased, but it was all a bit too 80s. Does it get better with later editions?

Also,
Kill yourself /pol/ filth.

Yes. Sort of. Sexual orientation isn't a moral issue and never has been. Partner preference is treated with the same gravity as food preference; i.e., someone might find homosexual behavior to be disgusting, but there's the same "force" behind that that there is behind their disgust for, say, mayonnaise. There is no moral component. Further, while people are broadly inclined to be straight due to biological imperatives, experimentation can and does happen more frequently than on Earth (in the vein of, "how do you know you don't like it if you haven't tried it?")

Using the Kinsey scale, no one in my setting is a 0 (or a 6, for that matter). 1 is the norm, 2 happens relatively often, 3 is a significant minority (say 20%), and 4 and 5 are still large enough to be statistically notable (say a combined 10%)

>kinsey scale

Go the fuck back to /pol/, you fucking retard, and quit trying to spread your retarded propaganda that masquerades as anything other than the faulty pseudoscience it is.

Gays in the Imperium are in a bit of a grey area. While the Imperial Creed doesn't specify anything against homosexuals, they bear very few children for the Imperium. Additionally, the social factors that come with tolerance of homosexuals also correlate with low fertility rates, so local bishops will periodically claim homosexuality is an abomination.

The extreme promiscuity of homosexuals is also frowned upon by the Ecclesiarchy, like all promiscuity, for Slaanesh reasons.

That's my headcannon at least.

...what?

I know the Kinsey scale isn't considered accurate anymore, but it's still useful for conversational purposes. I'm not writing a treatise on sexuality, I'm trying to respond to the OP in a clear and concise way.

Also I don't think /pol/ would like someone who just said "in my personal fantasy world, orientation has never been a moral issue, and bisexuals and homosexuals make up nearly 30% of the population".

>kinsey scale
>back to /pol/

Kinsey was a jew for fucks sake and it's /pol/ itself that considers it to be hideous cultural marxist conspiracy pseudoscience.

Why like half the population of your setting LGBT? Seems pretty unrealistic.

If I remember correctly it started when we found some wizard robes and one guy referred to them as a magical dress. Since the lizard necromancer was our wizard he claimed the robes, which lead to a lot of jokes about crossdressing lizards. Being a bitchy arcane caster in a party full of no-nonsense martials and divine casters (at that time anyway, we gained another wizard later on) also didn't help with his reputation.

Later on we were trying to figure out how to capture a centaur bandit who had been annoying us for a while and the idea came up to dress the lizard (being the only party member who wasn't either a big burly fighting man or actually insane) in a fancy dress and have him stroll around the wilderness so the centaur would try to rob and/or kidnap him. The plan didn't go through but the jokes remained. At some point the player just accepted his fate and his character came out of the closet.

That centaur quickly became a recurring villain and at one point we stole some magic items from him. The lizard (again, being the only non-insane wizard) examined the stuff and one of the items was some sort of sacred marriage gizmo or whatever that somehow caused him to become soul-bonded to the centaur. Since the centaur was some kind of degenerate hedonist and the soul-bond allowed the wizard to feel what he was feeling, this caused some amount of discomfort.

Recently we finally managed to kill the horsey bastard (his ridiculous four-legged speed and ability to summon mooks out of nowhere had allowed him to get away from every fight so far) by shooting him with a ballista, so now the soul-bond thing isn't functional anymore, but the damage has been done.

Yes, they're called elves.

Only a few but one in general that springs to mind... and he's a cannibal and the murderous leader of a bandit gang, who rapes his male captives to break their will.

The other gays are all just flamboyant lords (or should that be queens?) that pay for fuckboys. Everyone else is normal.

It's bullshit propaganda, and /pol/ is the board for bullshit propaganda.

Is this a new meme where what is liberal (or left wing, depending on what you want to call) is now consider /pol/ because certain users believe the true political stance of Veeky Forums is right winged?

why did it take so long for this to be posted?

9 point alignments are good for discussion too, but Veeky Forums always disparages that as well.

/pol/ invaders don't actually run games or know anything about them, user. That's why.

I don't think you understand what /pol/ really is, but I'm pretty sure you'd love to be there.

Depends which setting. The fantasy, historical, modern, and post apocalyptic ones do. Futureistic/sci-fI ones don't.

No, you dumb faggot. /pol/ is the board for all politics, including identity politics, regardless of what side of the spectrum you want to argue on.

So fuck off. I can't believe you're pretending to be such a newfag as to not know this.

>Why like half the population of your setting LGBT?
>30% is half

Uh...

>Seems pretty unrealistic.

The only thing I want to realistically model in my games is physics, and even that bends to Rule of Cool (for example, people surviving 10,000 foot falls onto hard concrete with no mitigating circumstances). I play D&D, and D&D is not at any point meant to be a Real Life Simulator.

>

It's called "stop dragging politics out of /pol/ because you think that your personal politics are site wide."

This applies to both right and left.

Yeah, well, Veeky Forums can go fuck itself if its sensitivities are so fragile that it thinks that using the Kinsey scale as a shorthand is an attempt at propaganda of some kind.

>Using the wrong one

>It was the result of what was at the time the only serious study into human sexuality.

Fuck off, you dumb propaganda-spewing idiot. It was a biased, bullshit study that has been discredited time and time again as one the most politically and personally motivated pieces of scientific misconduct.

You basically out yourself as a fucking moron for trying to bring it up.

How about you take your sensibilities and fuck off to /pol/ already? Or. where are you from, /lgbt/? Or is this a tumblr raid? That would make sense, considering you don't know what /pol/ is for.

Well, therfuck, beat me to it

My setting's culture is loosely based on/inspired by ancient Greece, so no one has much issue with homosexuality. Male homosexuality, at least. I'm not sure how Greeks felt about lesbians.

If they were always openly gay, and presumably not having as many children as heterosexuals (or no children at all), homosexuals would be an even smaller minority.

Lower than slave sex.

Wut

>Depends which setting. The fantasy, historical, modern, and post apocalyptic ones do. Futureistic/sci-fI ones don't.
What happens to gays in the future?

Probably eugenics.

Day of the rope.

No, because I always forget to add them

Everyone is genetically engineered to be a hot futa.

But I DIDN'T try to bring it up. You did. I just used the Kinsey Scale as a shorthand for quickly describing the state of sexual orientation in my setting because it's a convenient, quick, easy-to-understand means of doing so. You're the buttblasted one, user, not me.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue at this point.

The Hell did Kinsey ever do to you to get you this assblasted?

I'm from Veeky Forums, you fucking idiot. OP asked what sexual orientation is like in my games, and I posted a fucking table; that wasn't your first hint? The Kinsey Scale might not be accurate, but it appeals to my gamer sensibilities as something that can be quickly looked at and understood.

patrician tastes

>homosexuality

You don't understand ancient Greece, and your historical revisionism that you spam in each of these threads is what classifies them as troll threads.

1. "Homosexuality" is a modern concept, barely two hundred years old.
2. Even the rare man who had a sexual preference for men was still expected to have sex with women. Ancient people would look upon modern homosexuals with absolute bewilderment and disgust.
3. Pederasty is not the same thing as homosexuality, with it being limited to special castes, being between an adult and a child, and with insertion being discouraged. Male adult-adult relationships in cultures that practiced pederasty were likewise discouraged and treated with disdain.

>everyone is a futa
>not gay
Choose one.

There are, but they tend to keep it secret for their own sakes.
Elves don't tend to mind, but most people around them do so if their numbers don't dwindle their tolerance does.

In my setting, there is no legal difference between an adopted child and one born naturally to a family. Surrogate parents are also a relatively common practice, with a gay/lesbian person "biting the bullet", as it were, and having sex with the opposite gender in order to impregnate/get impregnated (as appropriate).

So they might not physically be having as many children, but they're still raising as many as anyone else.

This also presumes that homosexuality is innately genetic. Which it may or may not be, but the fact that it was apparently more common in ancient Greece or Japan than in the modern world suggests to me that there's a social component to it as well; i.e., if you're raised in a society that says that never gives you a reason to think that homosexual behavior is wrong, then you're more likely to indulge in it, even if it doesn't ultimately end up being your preference (hence why some flavor of bisexuality is more common in my setting than homosexuality).

Or in other words, like most things, homosexuality isn't purely nature or purely nurture, but some combination of both.

Shut the fuck up. If you were from Veeky Forums, you'd recognize that this is a troll thread that you are bumping with your identity politics.

You want to discuss your identity politics while spamming your propaganda? Thank god we've got an entire board for your shit. In fact, for your particular shit, we have an entire secondary containment board, just for you.

Go to /pol/ or /lgbt/. Fuck off.

>Homosexuality is exclusively genetic in origin

Homosexuality appears to be caused by a pathogen of one sort or another, probably a virus. Presuming that appearance holds true, I expect the exact pathogen responsible to eventually be isolated an a vaccine developed and thereafter widely used.

>gay street gang
>thinks of the pink-clad ballas at gta san andreas
>remembers that in argentine slang a bala is a faggot
This has potential, user.

Wait, are you talking about real life?

But I'm not even bumping it with my identity politics. I'm defending my use of the Kinsey scale as a shorthand to answer OP's question. Nothing more, and nothing less.

No it isn't, it is either a development from their environment or genetic from birth, it's not a virus, user.

No one wants to play /politicians and poulterguists/ with you.
Just because a goddess is a dick doesnt mean everyone isnt gay

No, see, true futa don't have balls, therefore no balls can touch, therefore, not gay.

I did say "inspired by," you know. One of my players is actually gay, so I saw fit to give him some freedom in that regard, should he choose to pursue it. You're absolutely right that I don't understand ancient Greece, and I won't argue otherwise, but I'm not aiming for perfect accuracy - and absolutely not shooting for "historical revisionism." However, I do thank you for giving me some terms to research, and I'll look into the matter a bit before showcasing it in the campaign.

I also misspoke a bit; perhaps I should have said "the (demi)human culture" is what's inspired by Greece. There are other cultures - the Underdark, for instance, as well as the other underground settlements closer to the surface like dwarves and dromites, and the more tribal cultures of the mountain-dwelling races. Now, I couldn't tell you how exactly they feel about homosexuality at this point, but there is a definite possibility they view the matter differently than other races. Maybe that means everyone is bisexual, or maybe that means gays are executed on sight. (Dromites for their part are biologically asexual, so I doubt that's even a concept to them.)

Hope this clears some things up. Sorry for riling you up, user, I really didn't mean any slight against the reality of the situation. I'm just some dweeb who's new to worldbuilding, and I clearly have a long way to go.

>Just because a goddess is a dick doesnt mean everyone isnt gay
If the entity literally in control of handing out love says no gays allowed, you're not gonna have any gays.

Mike Pence's special shock treatment.

Yes, nobody makes a stink about them.
Like in Oglaf.

>like in oglaf
>in oglaf
>oglaf
The exit is that way, user.

I prefer to have people in my settings be almost entirely bisexual so that they are driven to seek romantic partners based on what they represent or what's "on the inside" rather than because of social norms.

The vast majority of characters end up being coincidentally heterosexual because masculine characters have a tendency to be attracted to feminine ones and vice-versa, but there is no codified hard and fast rule where this is how things have to be and no one is looked down upon for liking what they like.

You need to be sent to a death camp desu