You better be having fun

You better be having fun
You better not just be showing up every week because you're afraid to disappoint your group

But I don't want to hurt my GM's feelings. He's my friend and he just tries so damn hard.

I've just started dumping groups if I'm not having fun, which probably sucks because I'm the GM 80% of the time, but fuck if I'm wasting time on people who can't focus.

>You better not just be showing up every week because you're afraid to disappoint your group
Is that the biggest fear of all DMs that their players do? Sure is mine.

Here's my situation
>In a pathfinder roll20 group
>Use Discord to chat with players
>2 hours before the first session the GM dissapears off the face of the earth
>Decide to step up as GM
>Run the session
>I'm honestly hating every minute of it. GMing is not my thing.
>Players say they loved the session but I don't want to run the next one.
What do I do?

You can either pull the bandaid off now or wear the GM Mask for the next year like I did

What group?

"Accidentally" TPK the party next session and call the whole thing off.

> having tremendous fun
> adore game, characters, GM
> nagging sense that the GM keeps getting frustrated with me/my character and is always lay enthusiastic to run things involving my character
> like he regrets giving my character a cool plot relevant back story
._.

>._.
Stop that

No reaction images on my phone, sorry m8

Yep this is a major issue
My DM tries hard but he's kind of obnoxious about how things work
He likes to have rules not apply because they don't make sense but also fucks us over by not using the rules as intended.
I'm a druid that gets an animal friend but my DM locked him behind a wall of bullshit fetch quesr

I have fun during my turns... which are extremely short. Can't anyone else think over their actions between turns instead of spending 10 minutes on it?

Tell them you don't enjoy GMing, ask if one of them wants to step up.

No they are too busy playing on their laptops when it isn't their turn.

As a GM also GM'ing for friends, just tell him this and drop the game. He might be hurt but it hurts more to know you're just showing up to humor him. (And he probably suspects this already)

What if I am just showing up every week because the other campaigns we've done have been fun and I'm hoping this current less than stellar one is just an abnormality?

I'm having fun and it appears that the players are as well, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm railroading too hard.

Is that even possible to think otherwise?

I mean, if people are adults and all.

What's next? Voting Trump?

I have my ups and downs

Mostly I'm just sad because I have big ideas that translate very poorly into actual scenarios.

Ditto. Though I stress over being afraid to disappoint the players a lot, too.

Whats next? Disparaging remarks about a political movemebt that, for the first time in recent memory, a polititian haa actively pursued an agenda with his country and citizens as its first priority.