Hi Veeky Forums, yesterday I was playing a 1850 point game as Orks versus my friend's Tau...

Hi Veeky Forums, yesterday I was playing a 1850 point game as Orks versus my friend's Tau. I was tabled by turn 3 (but I technically had one deffkopta left but I forfeited) mainly because of this thing he did with his bloody Stormsurge.
He deployed it on top of a 3 story building where it's base covered the whole roof and stayed still DESPITE the fact that only 30% of his base actually fit completely on the roof and him staying there was all balance. He anchored this beast and I could not EVER charge it because there was no room to make base contact with the model, that meant my ORKS (BS2) had to outshoot his Stormsurge. The Stormsurge alone would of sucked but he ended up also bringing 2 Riptides (1 of which survived 10 Kommandos charging him, taking no wounds), and a shit ton of marker light drones.
So Veeky Forums. Should I have made more of a fuss than I had or just not played? The guys a friend and he doesn't play Tau for the cheese but I feel he is exploiting it.

>Dear Veeky Forums I play one of the wargames least concerned with balance, for fun, with friends.

>Should I just suffer in silence when someone abuses the terrain?

>Please respond quickly, the only other alternative is to actually talk to my friend, and we all know I wouldn't be here to begin with if I had those kind of social skills.

He's not playing Tau for the cheese but brings a stormsurge and 2 rips in an 1850?

You sure about that?

>My friend isn't gay or anything but he keeps sticking his cock in my mouth when we hang out, if he does it 5-10 more times I'm going to confront him about it.

(((rant))))

We all picked our factions because we thought they looked cool in DoW so I feel bad to make fun of him because he happened to pick the second cheesiest army but ya at this point he knows all well he is cheesing it, he only refrains slightly like saying (oh I didn't bring one weapon but I brought the other).

>So Veeky Forums. Should I have made more of a fuss than I had or just not played? The guys a friend and he doesn't play Tau for the cheese but I feel he is exploiting it.

Did you use the rules for buildings or was it simply a Ruin? If it was a proper building, then you could have entered the building via the ground floor if it wasn't occupied by enemy infantry, even if an enemy unit is on the roof, because the roof/battlements count as a separate terrain piece. You can then assault the roof from the building.

Also this from the FAQ may help a bit:

>Q: What does ‘base contact’ or ‘base-to-base contact’ mean? Are two models in base contact if one is on a step, and their bases are not in (and cannot be put in) physical contact? Or if they are more separated than that e.g. on different levels, where a charge distance is sufficient for the charging model to reach the level containing the other unit, but it cannot be placed on the level above?

>A: An element of common sense is required here. If they’re only fractionally apart due to the vagaries of scenery they count as being in base contact. However, though models on different levels of a building can be locked in combat with one another, they will not be considered in base contact with one another for the purposes of special rules or equipment that require models to be in base contact to take effect.

>he doesn't play Tau for the cheese
>He brought a stormsurge and 2 riptides in a 1850
>He put the stormsurge in an unchargeable position
>He's not playing Tau for cheese
If he's actually you're friend you should tell him to lay off because it's not fun being leafblown off the table in three turns.

on a semi-similar note one of my friends gives me non-stop shit for deploying a Thunderfire Cannon on top of a building, asking me how it got there.
>Uhhh, battle cranes
>Oh yeah, what's the point value of a battle crane?
>Free, as per page 132 of the main rulebook.

>battle cranes
Shhhh don't let GW hear you!

>He deployed it on top of a 3 story building where it's base covered the whole roof and stayed still DESPITE the fact that only 30% of his base actually fit completely on the roof and him staying there was all balance.

"Accidentally" give the table a good knock and try not to laugh as his $150 model breaks into half a dozen pieces.

Of course, I'm a passive aggressive asshole, so maybe you shouldn't follow my advice.

My tau player friend does this shit all by himself. Broadsides on top of ruin getting jostled or clipped by hands and elbows.

He also left a stormsurge in his car on a 35°C day (an oven) and now the gun has 10° of bend to it.

>He anchored this beast and I could not EVER charge it because there was no room to make base contact with the model,

Try reading your rulebook. You can assault it even though it takes up the whole floor.

Ouch, nobody in my friend group knew that, for next time I guess but I really doubt I will let him bring a Stormsurge or above 1 riptide in a below 2000 game again.

Stormsurges are so ugly. UGLY!

i think they look great

>$150 model

>implying not all Tau players field filthy toxic recasts

Then maybe he could force you to financially compensate him after "accidentally" socking you in the face.

Faggots like you make me cringe. Stop trying to act so cool.

>"plastic" Stormsurge shatters into a million brittle resin pieces

Fukken GW and their shit quality amirite guys

Your friend is using cheese tactics with a cheese faction and you're using one of the weakest, most neglected armies in 40k.

Being a passive aggressive little bitch is pretty uncool though.

I'd dare say the assault charge would more than out weight any civil claim you could consider and would also be hard to prove as your word against his.

Not just assault, assault and battery.

really tempted to screenshot this thread purely because of this reply

Unfortunately, nerds are too cowardly to ever fill them and everyone knows it or nearly all of the bullying cases in US will disappeared in less than a week.

>Stormsurge
>2 Riptides
Would've declined the game right then and there, even if it was against my own mother, even if I was playing any other army. If you morons stop enabling this crap in friendly games, maybe Taushitters will stop bringing these things.

Doesnt play for the cheese
>Brings a stormsurge
>Brings 2 riptides with it
>Exploits ridiculous rule where it cant be charged (would have still allowed charging)
>Plays tau

You sure??????

>implying tau players ever assault