Horus Heresy General - /hhg/

Inferno is a mess edition

More news at 11 sub-edition

user's moving castle, not using free chainaxes is bad for your health, helmet autism, Inferno available for pre-order, TS take to the race track, whoop whoop here comes the legion police, Horus is #1 dad, Russ hasn't been the same since RT, based Duncan, some actual painted models, and a fucking moomin at >IT'S RIDDLED WITH ERRORS ANYWAY
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

First for calth

wut

what have I done

First for my primarch could probably beat up yours 1v1 irl

I dont know what I would do without that bits shop

What are top 10 worst plot armors in 40k universe?

1. Chaos
2. Emprah
3. Rowboat Girlyman
4. Blueberries in general
5. The Tanith 'We kill Chaos muhreens and out-stealth Mandrakes' First & Suey
6. The Entire Eldar Species
7. The Ultramarines
8. Any Chaos characters written by ADB
9. Asdrubael Vect
10. Trollzyn

The thin layer of air around starships that kept Guilliman alive without air outside Maccrage's Honour.

Whatever kept Loken alive on Isstvan III.

Were the only DG that survived Isstvan III Garro's guys?

>Whatever kept Loken alive on Isstvan III.

Spite and Fury

Same thing Morturg runs on.

Fist-fighting is juvenile.

The true test of a Primarch is in organisation, strategy and politics. The Primarch's martial abilities were the least impressive aspect of them, their minds were where they were truely post-human.

And in that arena, only one Primarch eclipsed his brothers.

Red or silver faceplates for WB?

>The thin layer of air around starships that kept Guilliman alive without air outside Maccrage's Honour.

Still my favourite book in the series.

satan suggests red. just test model em bro

>peanut gallery guy who vocally insists that chain axes are not free got punched in the face by the world eaters player because he started to pick up the guys models

Who else's Friday is going great?

>that happened

I want to believe

I wish this actually happened but no proof means just bait

t. primarchlet

Guillman is like a poor man's Horus minus the heresy, and also minus the cojones

>got punched in the face by the world eaters player

Anyone else roleplay during their games?

>servo-automatas cost 12pts.
>come in units of 4

I'm so triggered I can't even.

He didn't even use his free chainaxe IRL

>Worlds ruled by Guilliman: 500
>Worlds ruled by Horus: ???

I don't blame you for not believing me, I wouldn't either.

The guy picked up a tactical and went "THIS IS NOT FREE" and from there, nails time.

Russ being immune to Magnus's psychic powers is up there. They wanted to write a duel but it didnt work unless they ignored what 'should' have happened.

Gulliman fags it up with xenos now, so who really fell?

1.Imperium
2.Chaos Gods
3.Cadia
4.Grey Knights
5.Russ surviving Prospero
6.Emperor
7.Abaddon
8.Kharn
9.The Fang
10. Imperial technology

This

They should have just had russ try to fight magnus, and failing. But magnus couldnt destroy his brother and lets him walk away, at which point a dishonored russ orders them to just glass tizca from orbit, at which point magnus holds off the bombardment long enough to transport all his sons away, but the effort destroys his body, at which point he becomes a daemon prince

Okay /hhg/, for this thread:

What new generic unit would you want added to 30k? Any faction.

Knight drop pods

>The thin layer of air around starships that kept Guilliman alive without air outside

Not plot armour when it's introduced by the very same plot that got him ejected into space in the first place.

I remove drop pod model. Units just deep strike like the drop pod is there. Save me some money and some mad boring vehicles.

I love you bread-user.

>so who really fell?

Horus. Definately Horus.

Guillman got pimp slapped to the ground by Lorgar, the literal and unironic weakest primarch, and was too afraid to commit his resources, nobody is taking him or his meme legion seriously in 30k.

Was Russ immune? Seems like Magnus was just holding back and using most of his psychic power to hold back 6000 space woles and custodes while the TS escaped into his palace. Also all primarchs have psychic potential and Russ's strong will and abhorrence of sorcery would present some resistance.

Thunder Warriors.

It's the third fucking time I get 666 trips asking for advise about my WB. This is getting weird

The Warmaster, Magnus and Ferrus were also smarty pants.

have faith satan

I've wasted so much money on bits site, but fuck it.

if it gets a model definitely wulfen, they desperately need decent models and could actually look interesting if they weren't just wolf men. They eed to be american werewolf in london tier, gangly and obviously twisted.

It's the best action book in all of the Horus Heresy series. It has it all. Massive battles, a rain of battle tanks, awesome moments. The only downside is the abrupt end, but that's common to every last book Abnett writes.

So here is list in Alpha-2 Form

Previous advice was dropping a squad of vets for another rhino and a Sicaran Venator and another Rhino. I don't want to lose a squad of vets, but I do accept I need more Anti-Armor than "Hope they don't bring any".

So the question is: Are the Ammitara necessary? I put them in because they look cool in theory but I feel like they will infiltrate, volley once then get Templated and die.

2k: Thousand Sons, Pride of the Legion

265:: Praetor ML3, Jump Pack, Volkite, Digital Lasers, Iron halo, Force Axe (Pavoni)
285:: 5 Man Command Squad, Combat shields, Jump packs, Power Weapons(4), Volkites(4) (Raptora)

235:: 10 man Ammitara Cabal (Corvidae)

230:: 10 Man Sniper Vets with Psyker, Shred ammo, AA, PF (Pavoni)
70:: 2 METAL BOXES

220:: Xiphon w/ Ground Tracking, Armored Cockpit

>Set a daemon on Guilliman via the vox network and vented him into spehs in the hopes he'd die
>Because he was too much of a pussy to actually leave his flagship at all during the Battle of Calth.
>Despite having the upper hand because the Ultramarines weren't even fighting back at that point.
>pimp slapped

WE players being unstable is nothing new.

Yes Thunder warriors, but warrior elite and power armour wearing ogryns were designed to tepresent them desu.

I want more non tank stuff for the solar auxilia and more ways to field veletaris ...maybe evrn something like valkyries to drop them instead of using dracosans.

>no SW or GK

are you kidding me?

Good idea!

Doot.

>nails time
I keked. Stealing that one for future use.

I'd like some less armoured Imperial Army. Just some guys in fur shakos and greatcoats.

Frankly, I love Astartes as scenery dressing, but since they're test-tube heroes, I don't find them that interesting.

I like the stories of the ordinary men who live and fight in a galaxy filled with demi-gods. The more ordinary the better, the Solar Auxilia are cool, but still too 'elite' for me.

I mean when he physically backhanded Guillman on Monarchia

If he didn't scream back 'FIRE THE URSUS CLAWS' as he threw a wild haymaker into the guy's face, it was a missed opportunity.

We DO have thr militia list for that, but it could be less shit.

Personally I need to get my hands on Inferno before I can meme again.

Last thread made me seriously consider creating space police SW.

>muh completely victimized maguns

Why are magnus-boos such utter faggots?

I'd be down for that, or maybe just some more varied shooty provenances for the MaC, rather than their current two choices of "Discount Marines" or "Choppy cheap fearless horde". I like the latter as allies, they are excellent scoring tarpits, but it would be a tad boring as a main force.

Mechanicum Magos Biologis, which provide a nice range of poison weaponry and such, also act like apothecaries and boost survivability. Arming Adsecularis with poison weaponry akin to Deldar splinter rifles would make them much better, and they'd buff the ones they have/in unit, so you could have a volley of Poison 3+ or 4+ Shred Vorax shots.

Obviously not all that at once, but some of them. Maybe have a Magos Prime option, which does better buffs than the Enginseer option (And has Patris Cybernetica), which is just one of those, and those can be taken alone rather than just with Servitors, and attached like Commissars to any unit. Would slightly invalidate Lacarymaerta Priests, but it's not like they were any good anyway.

>Lorgar throws a temper tantrum because Daddy took his toys away
>Slaps his brother
>Brother doesn't rise to the provocation and just walks away

We're supposed to think it's Guilliman who's the bitch in this scenario?

Russ was immune to the point of allowing the narrative to get to the spot the author wanted. >Magnus shoots psychic bolt at Russ
>It doesnt work
>Magnus in h2h combat with Russ
>Psychic blade works just fine

There was absolutely nothing stopping Magnus from lifting Russ up into the air and pulling his lungs out through his asshole apart from the railroads he was stuck on. Thats fine I get how it thematically worked, but it is plot armour of the highest caliber.

Lorgar didn't want Guilliman to die as Kairos told him that they would loose the war if he killed girlyman

They lost the war anyway though.

Is 30k chaos the unrivaled king of 'just pretending to be retarded'?

Yep that's stupid but it's the fluff we have

Russ just passed his Deny the Witch test.

It definitely is

I heard Angelus is gonna have some Daemon stuff in it. Anyone think non-WB legions might get access to daemons via some diabolist type consul? I know I got some Nurgle daemons sitting and waiting for a chance to come out and play with my DG.

>Daemons tell lies

Who'd have though?!

but...bu...but he was sworn to truth!?!?

I'm not even a Lorgar-fag m8, I'm just pointing out that the physically weakest primarch was able to slap Girlyman to the ground with a slap, the most effeminate of strikes.

Imagine him going toe to toe with a real primarch ;^)

Not then, the gods had made a pact looking for a champion to set the galaxy in flames. Girlyman has been used too much in 40k fluff so killing him was impossible. However they could have thought of something better than him killing marines in space without helmet for days

Like when he dueled transfigured Lorgar to a standstill in Betrayer? :')

Why do people still think 666 is Satans number? It's 616, poxy monk changed it!

Only Eddie from Iron Maiden gets to call the number of the beast 666

Primarchs slaps can easily knock something of equal size of their feet. Guilliman let him hit him.

Proves nothing other than Lorgar being an emotional child.

settle down lorgar, no one cares.

Gulliman was the better man knowing if he fought back it would be like kicking a puppy!

Shut up Calgar

>I'm not even a Lorgar-fag m8
you're certainly acting like one

>Traitors don't like hearing the (Imperial) truth

No surprises there.

We prefer the primordial truth loyalist scum

Kek

Disappointing but not unexpected.

Fuck, every time I paint in the morning one of my brushes ends up in my coffee cup. I guess I'm just tired.

He is one of the warmasters own

How does that work?

It'd be interesting to imagine the post-Heresy Imperium without the Codex Astartes.

Chaos first? Is that why 90% of books are about some power armored, corpse worshiping, thin blood killing dozens of ten thousand year old veterans?

>Deny the Witch
>Banana/SoS/Yiff force having enough dice to stop WC3 Smite

Jokes aside, Magnus being able to stop time on the entire fucking planet and cause continent-sized storm, and yet failing to just crush Russ is bullshit.

BL wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Either Magnus can do amazing feats of psychic power, or Russ can challenge him in direct duel. You can't have it both ways.

>Achieve total surprise due to treachery
>Absolute orbital superiority
>Opponents unable to even communicate or power up their ships
>Still fail to destroy the XIII legion
>Primarch's daddy gets his heart ripped out due to Bond villian-tier gloating
>Primarch scampers off 'because he has more important things to do' the moment it becomes clear they fucked up and didn't achieve a total legion kill
>Ultramarines take 85%+ casualties, still manage to win Underworld War, despite enemies using warp hax

Are there any fuck-ups bigger than the Word Bearers?

He only told (and showed) Lorgar that if he faced Guilliman he would kill him but the war would be lost so Lorgar should act for victory and not for personal vengeance.
He didn't say why chaos would loose the war just that

Black library writters.

>BL is shit

Who knew. Imagine if primarchs had just been Marine+ and all the hype had been myths and legends, instead of fact. Imagine if Halo's Master Chief had been a genetically altered child soldier instead of literal space Jesus.

That's the problem when you let fans who've drunk the kool-aid make your fluff.

>dozens of ten thousand year old veterans?
>i.e. the cowardly ones who ran away after Horus got btfo
>i.e. the ones who've been hiding in a giant warp anus to avoid fighting the loyalists
>i.e. the guys how spend most of their time raiding undefended worlds and lounging around in the warp snorting warp-dust of daemonettes, compared to proper Astartes who defend humanity from constant ayy lmao terrors 24/7
>Implying it's been 10,000 years for them given the warp's time fuckery

Yeah, I wonder why these 'ten thousand year veterans' get bitch slapped by proper soldiers who actually train and fight all the time.....

CALGAR JUST STOP

Issue is that would never work for Magnus, since from very start he was explicitly second most powerful psyker ever, meaning that every other insane psyker feat also made Magnus stronger indirectly.

>Imagine if primarchs had just been Marine+ and all the hype had been myths and legends

40k has some serious power-creep issues. I'd have liked them to be more limited.

so fans are basically like imperial citizens it's fun to think of it like that

It could just be wrong. Magnus was wrong a lot of the time, why not his fluff.

Magnus did nothing wrong

Russ and his band of bloodthirsty psychopaths should be purged