Warhammer 40,000 General

I was there the day the eye of terror was closed edition

>previous thread
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=McfWLZ253Hk

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>A much better roster making program
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (dont forget your library card)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6Xn7k1NN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the glory of Khorne!

Second for nothing

third for EVERYTHING

Second for sailor Terra

Do any factions fit these criteria:

>Imperial
>Footslogging
>Tough
>Easy to paint

pastebin.com/6Xn7k1NN

R8 my list idea

>Chaplains roll up with AssSmashers
>Tacs roll around doing drive bys, probably will shave off the las/plas for HBolters and trade the plasma into Melta/Combi-Melta
>GravRhino chills midfield to blow up shit

Still looking for a good way to make a 3000 point Guard list, even though I'm indecisive and keep remaking it....

Skitarii

nth for THICC

Assuming I can take Trueborns with mandatory Kabalite tax, this is my Ynnari+Haem Covens list.

Fuck Reavers and their stupid wonky ass point costs.

Space Marines if you wanna field mostly terminators, but why footslogging?

>skitarii
>easy to paint

So last night I asked about making terminators decent and heard lots of interesting replies. To sum up some possibilities listed in the thred:

-Increase to t5
-Termie armour gives 1 extra wound
-Rerollable armour save
-up to BS/WS 5
-buff storm bolters (perhaps to assault 3)

What is the ideal solution? I know some HH terminators have 2 wounds, and Deathwing Knights have functionally T5 and WS 5, but it doesn't really make them usable...

All wyvverns formations, all veterans on Chimeras, all earthshakers formation and Pask

gtfo with your 3000 points dude take everything in the fucking dex

For the prophet of the God of the Dead!

>Skitarii
But Skitarii aren't tough?

It's like painting necrons with red robes and minimum bling

OK, warconvo then

Just do as many emperors shield companies as you can fit and flood the board.

I just prefer the idea of footslogging. Marines in rhinos just seems really dull to me. Just roll across the board, hoping nothing shoots the box out.

But then, without them, it makes the issue of walking in this game being so fucking slow. And deepstriking is hideously unreliable.

The old blood angels when they could take assault marines as troops would be perfect but here we are.

So I recently picked up Adeptus Mechanicus by Rob Sanders, and it inspired me for some nice new Dark Mechanicum conversion. I had the idea of making a few Forge World guard-servitors or some sort of slave-automatons that would tend the forges. I'll be using Lord of Plagues and Gutrot Spume from the Nurgle Rotbringers line, going to repair their open sores with GS and replace the scythes with quad-thunder hammers. What say ye?

-WS/BS5
-W2
-1+ armour save
-No more inv save

So what does Ynnead encompass religiously anyway? Is it just the god the dead Eldar would rather give their souls to as opposed to Slaanesh or is it something deeper?

Also I've been wanting to ask this for a few days but I feel like it's not worth a thread. So if the rumors are true and the Emperor becomes the fifth chaos god upon his death, what would he be the chaos god OF? Would he just become the chaos god of order or something?

What happened to the sitting Kreiger models that you glue onto tanks WWII style?

You could go for a cheap fortification like a Bunker or something, then give it an escape hatch.

That's pretty good for getting some guys across the field quickly in a fast way.

How would you fix Tyranids?

Also why is Robin Cruddace allowed to work at GW?

Increase T, BS, and WS to 5, and make storm bolters Assault 4. Now they're usable. Extra wounds and rerolls are too much of a buff and complicate them further. Buffing their performance through their base stats and wargear is far better.

Is there any way that Genestealer cult can counter fliers?

I understand your pain but there isn't a competitive option. Vehicles are too cheap. Walking is too slow.

Imagine trying to footslog at dark eldar or something.

oh and make assault cannons cheaper to take

Point balancing + some lower ap range weapons

When Ynnead becomes reborn, Eldar will return to their cycle of Death and Rebirth, when they die they will be reborn.

That's what they want so bad.

At the moment, as far as I can tell, the Eldar souls are chilling with Ynnead, and will be reborn.

Slaanesh, consumes and tortures for eternity.

I think...

>1+ Armor Save
So...basically weapons need AP1 or it just bounces off them? I doubt a Lascannon would bounce off Terminator armor. I agree with the rest of the stuff, though.

I'll take either rerollable Armor save, or something that reduces the AP of Weapons hitting them by 1 at the cost of the invuln.

I've been working on a Dark Vengeance set with a mate. Built together, primed and started painting together etc.
Now, due to one or the other of us being busy (I work nights, he works days and occassionally has kids to look after) haven't worked on it in weeks, probably another 3 weeks minimum before we'll work on it again.

Feels bad, man. Now I get how the people saying their DnD game hasn't run in 2 months feel.

You could do like a White Scars setup and go bike-heavy, or even run Space Yiffs and put your dudes on wolves if you feel like being called a furry.

If a unit cant charge, does that mean it cant assault at all?
Like let's say a unit of Space Marine bikers with a teleporter homer engage in assault, and a unit of terminators deep strike into the fray. Because they're so close, could they still assault even though they cant charge?

a 1 still fails the roll, but you get the roll as long as the weapon isn't ap1

The Whispering God restores the Eldar to what they were. They return to being Aledari which means they return to their utmost physical and mental power as a species. They become fearless of death since their souls live on and empower their brethren. And in time they will be reincarnated

So this raises a few questions. How did the Necrons and C'tan initially defeat the Old Ones and their Eldar allies? The Eldar were at their peak psychic and physical capacity and they didn't fear since they get reborn. These an unbeatable army..

PLOTHOLE!

That's dumb. There's nothing special about terminator armor. It's just really thick armor, that's it. It doesn't need more special rules than it already has in my opinion.

>So what does Ynnead encompass religiously anyway? Is it just the god the dead Eldar would rather give their souls to as opposed to Slaanesh or is it something deeper?

In-universe, the Ynnari have only existed for a matter of months. Eldar who believe in Ynnead's existence, or the possibility of his existence, have been around, but just as lone prophets or philosophers. It hasn't really had a chance to form into a more coherent culture yet. However, we can assume a few things.

The Ynnari represent a midway point between the Craftworlders and Commorites, so both groups will drift away from their extremes. The Path system might disappear or become less important, while the Dark Eldar won't have their physiological need to maim and torture because they're no longer affected by the Thirst.

Perhaps more importantly, it's probably going to lead to a very outward-looking, dynamic mindset. Previously, the various Eldar sects were only concerned with their own survival. Everything was a means to that end. Now, they've been given a chance to escape their eventual doom. They can think about the day where that occurs, or where they might want to go once Slaanesh is defeated. Of course that in turn leads to sub-groups and competing philosophies, both between Craftworlders and Commorites, or between more militant or more diplomatic groups arguing over whether they want to try killing off the 'lesser races' and recreating their empire or working with them in the long term.

You'll still fail the save if you roll 1 on the dice.

Also, I forgot that you should be able to customize each terminators how the fuck do you want ala Deathwatch

They'd mishap if they got close enough.

Honestly, I think that Termies are well coated. You're getting Power Fists, Storm Bolters, 2+ armour, 5+ Invulnerable... The problem, really, is that they lack a decent method of getting into range to do anything. It's a problem a lot of assaulty marines have - no assault vehicles apart from expensive Land Raiders or Flyers.

You can't be closer to an enemy model than 1in if not engaged in combat, it's a myshap..

>How did the Necrons and C'tan initially defeat the Old Ones and their Eldar allies?
Pretty sure they didn't I'm fairly certain the Eldar did that to themselves by spawning a Chaos God.

The C'tan and Necrons defeated the Old Ones and their allies and dominated the galaxy. This changed when the Necrons turned against the C'tan and warred with them.

>If a unit cant charge, does that mean it cant assault at all?
Yes, you would need a special rule that allows them to do so. This means assault terminators need to spend a turn soaking fire before even attempting to engage if they deep strike. The alternative is using one of a few expensive assault transport options to deliver them to targets.

Yeah, it sucks. I work long weeks too and when I finally do get the free time to paint my dudes I'm just too damn tired. I'm gonna power through and force myself to paint tomorrow since it's my last day off.

I know, user. I know.

Do I need to put a commander in each formation of the Battlegroup or just one for all?

Which battlegroup?

Cadian

First attempt at a list for a long time. Returning player, I did some quick reading seems like this might be the best way to go?

1250 points

running the combined arms attachment as an alpha legion decurion (formation of formations) from Tratior Legions might be better

You need a company command for emperors shield company and a platoon command for each emperors shield platoon

It's designed to work in a plasma reactor. It should be that durable. What's wrong with requiring meltaguns to take out the guys wearing what's effectively a tank?

CAD Hive flyrant spam

for an army like that to work it needs relentless long range shooting. Kinda like tyrant siege terminators in 30k. Cataphractii termies each with cyclone missile launcher on top. Needs a 40k equivalent.

It's all point balancing, user. Yannaimean

How do you even build a decent KDK list I don't know what I am doing
Am I meant to just spam bikers or what?

don't they have access to Hydras?

Deathguard can pull that off now right? Toughness 5 FnP havocs with renentless heavy weapons.

>that finger

what the FUCK

Don't Space Wolves have options for that somewhat with long fang squads? It's not perfect but honestly for a tough Imperial foot army he won't get much better. Maybe CSM would be better for him? They have a lot of daemons like defilers and forge fiends that can hurl firepower across the table, along with mutilators and the like.

Can't really fit that in a 1250 list without dropping the cabal which as I understand it is now mandatory for CSM.

Also I'm basically giving up rolling on the boon table for free for 3 sorcerers.

I get that.
It's 1+, but the guy is saying that you still fail the rolls on a 1. Why not just keep the armor at 2+ and make it lower the AP of weapons that hit it by 1?

Make it a new SR. Call it Impenetrable. Bam. Now you don't have to deal with retarded FAQ questions that'll waste time/space that could be used on better questions because some WAACfag wants to know "If my Terminators have a 1+ armor save, does that mean they automatically pass it?"

???

Is there something wrong with a finger joint? You should see a doctor if yours can't do that.

look at how far back it's bent my friend

What does CAD mean?

So I was thinking about doing a fast as all fuck space marine army, and I'm on what chapter I should do. Any suggestions?

hmm yes I forgot about them. How many autocannons can they fit in a squad only 4? kinda meh

Combined Arms Detachment

Most people can go about that far, and people having double jointed fingers isn't that uncommon.

There have been 1+ armor saves in the past and theres already rules in print about armor saves always failing on a 1

Doesn't mean some asshat won't try to lawyer it up.

I must just have shit joint mobility because I can't deal with heavy weights pushing my wrists back either

seriously, I can't look at that picture without cringing, am i really the only one

I'm split on what chapter I should do*

White Scars.

Four in a squad, but that isn't that bad for the price. It's still a lot of dangerous mobile firepower on a durable platform.

Are they any good? How are they in melee?

All they need to do there is print a reminder under the wargear entry for terminator armor that reminds people that any save fails on a 1.

???

What do you like? Do you prefer fluff or crunch, or already have some ideas and just want outside opinions?

traitor legions isn't in the army builder in the op is it.. How much points is it?

Blood Angels, the Descent of Angels or whatever that gives you a bunch of stormravens and talons.

Do units need a sergeant or leader model?

Depends on the unit, just look at the unit composition entry of whatever you are thinking about using in your codex. What army are you asking about?

It would still pop up in the FAQs, seeing as we have this fucking gem right here.

I'd be fine with the 1+ thing completely, but in this game I KNOW there'll be those dumbasses who try to exploit it. Especially against newer players.

I like White Scars, but also the Blitzkrieg potential of Blood Angels. I love their Death Company units. Are Blood Angels good as a whole?

Competitive Guards list?

Nice tendons, user. No really.

Space Marines

Also you can attach special characters to units as well such as Psykers?

Well done, I can't do that.

What amuses me most is how quickly you were to document this uncommon ability, even when you didn't post the Degrasse.

Take care Octopus Man

No more than normal. The restriction is that everything in the detatchment has to take marks of nurgle, can't take anything with other marks, and gets VotLW for free.

So it'd be 70 for the squad, 40 for 4 autocannons, and another 15 for the Marks of Nurgle.

Should see my middle finger, I can get the tip practically vertical if I tense it correctly.

Y'all motherfuckers are weird.