Tfw Nu-Veeky Forums doesn't like Dwarves

>tfw Nu-Veeky Forums doesn't like Dwarves

What went wrong?

and by that I don't mean "what went wrong with Dwarves" I mean "what went wrong with Neo-Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b9JDPm_QHk4
breitbart.com/london/2016/12/28/christians-persecuted-religion-world-according-new-study/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

your picture is not a dwarf, it's furfaggotry pretending to dwarf

Seriously, what is this weird SJW-tier meme about how dwarf players are neckbeards compensating for their lack of masculinity?

>muh SJW
You aren't making good points here.

The accusation just reminds me of dumbass complaints of toxic masculinity or such shit.

They got memed to death by old Veeky Forums. It's your fault, really.

Veeky Forums has been been discretely invaded by Tumblr users through /tv/ and trying to convert it into a "less problematic" site.

Veeky Forums is contrarian.
Dwarves became popular on Veeky Forums so everyone started to hate them.
As soon as Veeky Forums realizes that now it's in vogue to hate them they'll love them again.

I mean that's essentially how the rhetoric comes off user.

Nobody here is hating dwarves. Point me at dwarf-hate threads or at really obnoxious anti-dwarf posters if you can.

>I mean that's essentially how the rhetoric comes off user.
How? What are the usual arguments against dwarves? Why are you making a political thing out of this? How exactly is it related to SJWs? Why is this even still a thing?

Veeky Forums isn't a hive mind. Some of us like dwarves, some of us don't. I personally don't really like dwarves.

>discretely
Also fuck those cunts for ruining /co/.

user, the shitposting includes calling people who like dwarves neckbeards projecting their own ideals of intellectual and moral superiority onto the race, with the talks of bearded women being caused by Veeky Forumss fears of women, and our neckbeard ways.

It's cringey and SJW-y.

If you haven't seen this hate and stupid then you simply haven't hung out on Veeky Forums recently.

Veeky Forums accepted the truth about itself.

There is nothing "SJW-y" about this, this is just harsh truth that some dwarf-fags complety go overboard with their dwarfaboosim and a natural reaction to it, and if you can't take a bit of banter than you are too thin-skinned to call yourself a fan of the dwarves. I'm an elf-fag. Ask me about being a regular on this board and never making any whiny meta-threads about this boards supposed hatred of this fictional race.

user, you seem to misunderstand.
I'm not saying it needs to stop, or that it offends me. I'm saying it uses SJW-y rhetoric (In the sense that everything is of course a lead back to how we hate women), and that it's the result of Veeky Forums being contrarian as fuck.

That's all, I've made no value judgement except it being dumb. (Something I think of most Veeky Forums memes)

>You all hate women and that's why you don't like the thing I like

>Not SJW-y

Then point me at these threads. Point me at these posts.

No user, because I don't keep every thread and post I think is stupid saved.
That would be silly and counter productive.

You can see them for yourself.

This.....

No seriously...this.

That would have been smart, user, but at least you can link them.

proof

Well there are a bunch of anti-manlet threads over on Veeky Forums, does that count?

I don't see halflings and gnomes complain, so no.

It could just be that dwarves are shit and Veeky Forums finally started to realize it. They're the biggest of the short people and the short folk need exterminating.

>>Veeky Forums

>>tfw Nu-Veeky Forums doesn't like Dwarves
>implying
amusing_communion.png

>le manly scottish alcoholics that hate elves xD

>Tumblr realizes is shares interests with Veeky Forums by means of /co/ and /tv/.
>Being hipsters this is a way of, yet again, showing how special and contrarian they are on Tumblr by their knowledge of le secret 4chainz memes.
>Some become permanent residents and passively start shitting up threads with their opinions.
>Others, upset by the "problematic language" begin activly recruiting to "raid" Veeky Forums.
>Inciting /b/, /v/, but mostly /pol/ to start witchhunting.
>Tumblrites start immigrating to other boards.
>Now all but the most exclusive boards are subtlety or vastly changed.
>/co/ and /tv/ are ground zero, and have lost all their own culture to Tumblr.
>/v/and Veeky Forums are divided into nu- and old- fags.
>The invasion has gotten so bad the /pol/ community has split off to 4+4 chan and is now swinging blue. Complaints of shills and CTR now make up 90% of /pols/ discussions now.

Yeah, Veeky Forums has been going to the shitters. I can't comment on the other boards, but all my regular stomping grounds seem to be crawling with people who obviously are not native users of Veeky Forums.

Because /pol/, SJW, and anti-fun board police.

It's probably true, tough.

I still kinda like dorfs in small doses, and love Conan, so oh well.

it may sound dumb but it's pretty obvious

Why user?
Is this really how your mother raised you?

>cringey
XD CRINGEY! EW! CRINGEY-CRINGE!
MOMMY GIVE CRINGIES!

and "le burly scottish beardman with big culture and small stature" isn't "cringey"?

Dwarves are lumbersexual hipsters who are ALSO manlets.

The new influx of mods who actually take their job seriously have contributed a lot to it as well.

The lack of lewd posting on blue boards is deeply disturbing to someone like me who was accustomed to the wild past of 4chans smutty history.

>nofunallowed.jpg

I sincerely hope this is bait, because the alternative is that you saw one or two people who don't like dwarves and got so butthurt you had to make a whole thread about it

>everything i don't like is "neo/nu"
I don't know what's the saddest scenario here. Either you saw someone not liking Dwarves, and you're so retarded that you needed to create a thread about it, or you're merely pretending to be retarded, in which case you've wasted everyone's time.
Maybe you should step outside for a while, go for a short walk?

>.....
>...
fuck off newfag

I just think dwarves are boring, and dwarf players moreso.
Everyone I've ever ran for who insisted on playing a dwarf or got super into it would always play the exact same character with the exact same trite stereotypes, regardless of what dwarves were like in setting.

They just use the race as a character in and of itself. When they say they want to play a dwarf, I've realized that what they actually want to do is turn off their brains, put on a shitty scottish brouge, and be Gimli for a few hours

>/pol/
>my regular stomping grounds
>nu-
>people who obviously are not native users of Veeky Forums
Yeah, like you. Kill yourself.

Typical fantasy dwarves don't contrast or conflict with humans in an interesting or striking way, so they don't feel like they have much of an identity beyond shallow cliches. Hippie elves like nature, while humans try to escape or exploit it. Douchebag elves are rigid, while humans are pragmatic. Hobbits are content, while humans are ambitious. Dwarves mine and drink beer while humans... mine and drink somewhat less?

Sure, Pratchett did them well, but he's an exception, and he had such a specific vision for them that you can't really borrow from it without it feeling like you're just ripping of Pratchett.

Terry Pratchett sucks

This thread is the first time I've seen any of this. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the last, to be perfectly honest.

Not to seem brusque, but I get the impression that you guys are being oversensitive to whatever critics you're talking about.
Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy what you enjoy. Maybe take a walk and get your mind off of it for a bit. Who gives a shit what anonymous people on Veeky Forums have to say? If they want to try and dictate what you find interesting, fuck 'em!

>Typical fantasy dwarves don't contrast or conflict with humans in an interesting or striking way, so they don't feel like they have much of an identity beyond shallow cliches

And that's a problem, despite so many people not thinking it is.

4chans against popular things.

Veeky Forums was so prodwarfs that they became popular enough to hate again.

Crash Team Racing?
or did you tpoy NTR?

There was a entire thread about dwarves being boring and how to salvage them yesterday.

Pratchett's dwarves were fucking garbage.

>Hating on Casanunder, Goodmountain, Cheeri, or the concept of battle bread.

Why are you the way you are?

I've been on Veeky Forums since 2007, I'm extremely left-wing, and I think dwarves are fine but never understood Veeky Forums's obsession.

Not enough hugs as a child.

An acceptable answer, carry on.

Dwarves are so 2014.

Orcs are where it's at.

If they're trying to salvage them, they must see something about them as being salvageable. Otherwise, they'd be arguing we should get rid of them entirely. Again, OP (and you) are butthurt autists who can't handle people criticizing things you like.
Battle bread was a joke that was taken too far

>I'm extremely left wing

Why would you include that? Nobody fucking cares

Bunch of dick sucking elf faggots, I say!

Same desu.

>implying /pol/ isn't beginning to swing blue because the current president is republican

we were liberal during bush and then swung right during obama

on the whole Veeky Forums isn't so much left or right as it is contrarian

It feels like b8 a /pol/lack who no longer remembers what people outside his hugbox sound like, except he forgot to say anything inflammatory,

The only accurate answer so far

This.
Being contrarian is what Veeky Forums is about.

>Nu-Veeky Forums

Fuck you and fuck everyone else who forces this shit meme.

Ugh, agrees, been browsing since 2014 and let me say this site can be so freaking problematic sometimes it's unreal

Glad someone else said it

Dwarf-haters are SJW-tier memes that are insecure about their lack of masculinity.

That's it.

>but its obvious

What's obvious? That those players hating on it are cancerous manchildren?

I concur.

That describes Gnomes, not Elves. That elf-fag is clearly trying to desperately project his fascination.

Sad really.

Talking about old-Veeky Forums I thought I saw a Thulsa Doom thread the other day. Alas it was not about bitches.

Nobody is persecuting you for liking dwarves, OP. Stop getting triggered by anons saying mean things.

>Not living innawoods
>Not shooting outsiders
>Not living it up with your friends
>Not being a woodelf

Wood Elves best elves m8

>its a tumble tries to bait episode

meh i hate these

>Suggesting that William Sherman should come back
>William Sherman, the man who used scorched earth tactics against his rebelling countrymen
>William Sherman, the man who forced women, children, the elderly and other innocents out of their homes so he could burn down cities and leave the populations homeless
>William Sherman, the man who sought to demoralize his enemies by stealing their history and ancestry
>William Sherman, the man who wanted to use these same tactics against Native Americans when they were unhappy with their lot in life on reservations

As someone born and raised well above the Mason-Dixon Line, William Sherman was a monster.

But you know this and your post is bait.
7/10 made me respond.

>This
>Le reddit mem

And that flag just symbolizes southern pride, right?

That's the price to pay for treason.

Sweet merciful fuck, this entire thread is evidence that Veeky Forums really should have stayed dead the second time.

Whatever happened to 'race is just an RP crutch' that folks love to bring up because they want to play Greyhawk?

Veeky Forums has realized that the way they're portraying dwarves, the race has become much worse Mary Sue race than elves.

>mentioned 6 boards
>call him out for mentioning /pol/
tumblr detect

youtu.be/b9JDPm_QHk4
>this site ever being anything but an echo chamber for right leaning, weeaboo hebephiles
>third wave feminism ever accomplishing anything meaningful on Veeky Forums, or elsewhere

next you'll be telling me Christians are a persecuted minority

Counter culture mate. The dwarf wank is annoying as fuck, so they ridicule it. Of course the counter culture is also annoying. Point is you're a faggot, and so are the people you're complaining about. We're all faggots here.

This guy gets it.

neo-Veeky Forums is powered by BBC and our proud love of HILLDAWWWWGGGG
YAAAASSSS QWEEEEEN SLAY!!

>next you'll be telling me Christians are a persecuted minority
breitbart.com/london/2016/12/28/christians-persecuted-religion-world-according-new-study/

This bait doesn't even deserve an image.

Neo-Veeky Forums doesn't consist of only fat neckbeards/legbeards.

This

You do know that most of those threads are bots some user even bothered to track dowm.
4-chan is being spammed by CTR thanks to new funding being given to them by Goldman Sachs.
Basically Sorross doesn't like having a vocal opposition like 4-chan arround and is paying a few art student/neets to slide threads.

"Male" feminists.

Maybe they got tied of all dwarves being the same character.

I never understood the dwarf fixation personally.

>on the whole Veeky Forums isn't so much left or right as it is contrarian

It's neither. Veeky Forums is about getting to do what it wants.
During the Bush years the right was about bitching about video games and JESUS.
Then the left became the SJW side and began fucking up video games.

>It's "everyone who disagrees with me is a buzzword" episode
>imblying /pol/ isn't just right-wing tumblr

Dwarves are boring. They mine, drink, and are shorter than your average human. Out of all fantasy races, they are just the least interesting.

maybe you shouldn't be a worthless excuse for a human being and try the beauty, glory, and power of not being a goddamned garbade cucktard liberal

How does that line up with 'Not wanting to see a race basically just be a single stereotype'?

user, liking or disliking a fictional race is not automatically a political statement.

When you hit the pinnacle of perfect, deviancy *should* be punished.

Quiet, fencesitting chucklefuck. You'll sit down and you'll obey like a good little suburbanite.

>He doesn't see the appeal of dwarves, so he must be a liberal.
Nope, dwarves are just boring.
pirate party with libertarian leanings, would be the closest match, but I don't truck with identity politics

So dwarffags are all oversensitive /pol/-fags that get triggered by even the slightest hint of criticism or demand for mixing things up a bit. Thanks OP for showing me the truth.

Simple.
Nu-Veeky Forums is constituted by a generation which has been rise by Peter Jackson's movies and who didn't even touch Tolkien's books because reading will take your time from vidya.
Since PJ movies depict dwarfs as comedic reliefs at best and at worst as super-jews while elven shilling is ram up to eleven, now Nu-fatguys/fatgirls find elves far more appealing.
Back in the day we grew up with the total opposite because we got feed up of the Drizzt-clone syndrome and we were inspired mainly by the old Warhammer editions dwarves. For us dwarves were hard working people, loyal and family proud but in these times of millenials who have their brains shit over and over with "gorillion genders!", "be a content creator!", "SJW!" now the choice is elven because knife ears are:
1-Fucking unfaithful because I am immortal.
2-Pseudo-intellectuals invested into non STEM bullshit like music or sculpting stone dildos.
3-Gender fluid also by muh immortality.