/cyoag/ CYOA General

Previous: Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/CaVa4
youtube.com/watch?v=u4EuqGZKTH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

B-But my throgs!

Notebook holy shit.

All my horrible fanfics will soon be realized.

If we take limitless energy, will that cancel night terrors and needing 14 hours of sleep?

It's not even a question right? Anyone with a healthy mind would choose the notebook.

Hell, I'd write whole pages of retarded ideas just to see what happens.

Why did I go to hell?

>tfw forcing my schlocky lesbian space opera about a space princess and her closeted but determined bodyguard that's actually an opera upon the world

Even if I were sent to hell, I would not accept servitude over torture.

As others have said, notebook all the way. Clearly the best option. I'm going to make all my dumb Gundam fanfics real.

If you want to avoid the torture though, you can accept the deal, go back to the mortal world, and get yourself killed somehow. Then your soul is simply destroyed outright.

Hell has always been a temporary purge of sin, the only persons it's permanent for is Lucifer, Demons and Fallen Angels. Everyone else has a limited time in hell, I'll take my punishment.

Hot.

Mh, wish there were more bearable drawbacks. Will have to limit myself to this:

>Male
>Average build
>Average face

>Genius Intellect -15
>Immunity to pain -5

>Strong Telepathy -30

Oh shit, I didn't think of that!

Good job catching that exploit.

>Powers
Temptation
Contract
Read Soul
Utility Magic
Shaken Foundation

>Outstanding features
Buff
Innocent
Hypnotic

I'm ready to corrupt a soul to the very core

Upon thinking this over for a bit, I decided that it's reasonable to assume Limitless Energy would cancel out Night Terrors, but picking 14 hours of sleep would make force you to sleep about 6 hours per night (8+6=14). So if you were to pick both drawbacks, you'd have 6 hours of nightmares on a nightly basis.

So I guess I'll modify my build by picking the 14 Hours of sleep, reducing it to six with Limitless and use the spare 5 points to make myself athletic instead of average.

Anyone interested in a comfy depressing CYOA?

Think Haibane Renmei style. How does that sound?

A)

Sure, I'll try to make it bearable on myself.

B)

I fucked up and misread, mb.

Immortality (LGE)
Money
Combine
Combine
Gifted

Body: Female
(-2) Thin
(-5) Beautiful
Physical
(-8) Instant Regeneration
(-5) Super Reflexes
Powers
(-10) Medium telekinesis
(-15) Medium telepathy
(-15) Super speed
Items
(-20) Scientific Tablet
Downsides
(+15) Asexual
(+15) No sense of taste/smell - probably for the best until people start bathing regularly

I guess I'll spend my next 2340 years causing chaos and accelerating scientific progress. Hopefully we can invent CYOAs faster next time.

C

Meta: B)

the fucking captcha kept timing out, can someone post the last part for me?

Never mind, the damn thing finally took.

>Innate
>Average
>Renegades

>Strength 1
>Agility 2
>Endurance 2
>Durability 2
>Enhanced Senses 2
>Stealth 1
>Reflexes 3
>Immunity 2
>Stylish 1
>Self Healing 2
>Social Enhancement 2
>Weapon Mastery 1 (my bow)
>Focus 1
>Training 1
>Passion 2

3 points from Valuable
>Overcharge 1
>Analysis 2

>Unique Weapon
Bow with explosive arrows.
>Reputation
Motivational and inspiring to everyone.
>Squad
Propaganda team.
>Defector (free from Renegades)
Corrine Devoe
>Celebrity (free from Fiona)

>Aaron Moore
>Yuito Kataoka

>Valuable
>Fiona Dawley

>government discovers my family has innate powers perfect for making supersoldiers
>I volunteer for research so they don't take my sister instead
>government awakens my powers and gives me training
>but they only want to use me for evil purposes
>escape from government and get picked up by group of other rogue supersoldiers
>just want to escape into hiding with my family, but many people were inspired by my very public escape from government
>renegades want to use me as propaganda piece while fighting evil government
>become friends with Corrine who wants to use dark magic to destroy the government once and for all
>Aaron gives me information about the government from the inside so they can't surprise me, Yuito designs helpful gadgets, armor, and weapons for me to use
>biggest problem is Fiona who is trying to slander me and undermine movement

What are some cyoas that let me be a Hero of Justice or protect somebody's smile?

Well....there's these two
AlsoHey Angel, good to see you haven't changed at all (insert laugh track here).

Wait, serious?

>Immortality (LGE)
looks like kobato hasegawa, must research future cosplay outfits every week

>Money
you have a patched-up stuffed animal (rabbit) with a hidden zipped pouch in it.

>Combine
Worm CYOA v1, Golden Morning Drawback

>Combine
Enchante/d/ Rings, Egg-Laying Drawback

>Gifted
Cosplay

I fucking hate accidentally closing the page when I'm damn near done with these things.

>base 50
>Trickster God:
I'm already immortal. This'll mess things up but 2000 years of I Win is lame.
>Severe Stuttering.
Already deal with this to a degree. Easily solved by not needing to talk too much.
50+45=95.

Average Herm w/ 5 points off for vanity on the face.
3x str mod for 24 points. (is this geometric, 9x total, or exponential, basevaluex3x3x3?)
Weak Telekinesis.
Weak Telepathy
Skill Copy
Magical Powers
....heck with it, Medium Telekinesis.
1 point.
I'll hold onto that. Might be useful.

For the mean time, I've got 2000 years to adventure, try a bit of everything the world has to offer, avoid the lame parts of history, maybe sort out enough magic to keep living past the point of catching up to my own time or just live well enough that I'm done after 2k and change.

Going to figure out how to spare a copy of the Library of Alexandria though, even if it is just for historical preservation and return toward the twilight of my years in this.

I've been there before man, shit sucks.

Gun: Astro Blaster
Attachment: Auto Trigger

How long have you been around, sweeg? Feels like a long time but I'm fairly certain it hasn't been as long as it seems.
World: Nobledark
Inherent Power: Skill Thief
Birthright: Marked Hero
Armor: The Hyperion
Weapon: Solais, Khanda
Mentor: Qvrllicui
Companions: Erefexus, Tatrenua
Mount: Cliff Jackal
Starting Location: Privateers

Keep both my swords slightly open to have their primary effects on at all times once I leave my mentor's aid. Travel the land blasting bitches and taking skills. Save the world and be regarded as the greatest thing ever from doing basically nothing but pic related. Waifu Tatrenua who I presume would be under Erefexus's employ. So befriend Erefexus at some point somehow. Probably by vouching for her or killing in her name once I saved the everything or before. Become the hero of the seas ever known as Pew the Great, or something like that. Really, I'm basically unstoppable.
Meta: B)

>Kabacrab whosawhat?
>Look it up.
Why are her eyes always a different color? Which one am I looking for here?

>Infinite money bunny.
I can dig it.

>Worm CYOA
I love you.

>Enchante/d/ Rings & Eggs.
Even though you're terrible.

>Cosplay gifting.
Good shit. Gonna make the rounds at various conventions.

Mind posting either of the CYOA's or is the latter still up somewhere on /d/?

Hey!

Was there a third rumor page, or is this an outdated version?

Origin:
>Innate
Appearance:
>Athletic
Faction:
>The Agency
Abilities: (25)
>Strength: 2 (23)
>Speed: 1 (22)
>Endurance: 2 (20)
>Durability: 2 (18)
>Reflexes: 3 (15)
>Immunity: 2 (13)
>Stylish: 2 (11)
>Self Healing: 2 (9)
>Weapon Mastery (Swords): 2 (7)
>Mental: 2 (5)
>Focus: 2 (3)
>Inheritable: 1 (2)
>Analysis: 2 (0)
Perks:
>Identity: (I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about whether or not I'm recognized, but Spidey wasn't wrong trying to keep his family out of his business.)
>Unique Weapon: Sword (Returns when called, is astoundingly sharp, incredibly light, and never loses it's edge. If wielded by someone other than me it becomes dull and heavy.)
>Armour: (Incredibly strong, light, and easy to don armor akin to a knight's.)
Allies:
>Lindsey Reyes: (Having someone with hacking skills will come in handy since I don't really have any fucking clue how to...)
>Max: (How the fuck can you not pick Krypto?)

I'd probably spend most of my time busting up mobsters and other street-level acts of villainy until the Agency calls on me. If I was lucky I'd get to be on a thousand teams like Wolverine.

You mean this?

>worm cyoa
imgur.com/a/CaVa4

Third roommate page. My attention span sucks. I remember roommates that weren't the jumpchain ones.

I thought that was a separate cyoa. I do remember seeing it, but you'll have to look in the archives. I remember seeing it around Christmas time, if that helps.

Wait, is it this?

That's the JumpChain one. There are other Veeky Forums author roommates not on these three pages.

>Magical
>Average
>Cult
I never meant to become Their vessel, nor was I meant to be. The whims of fate merely had a surprise in store for me.

>Focus 3 (24)
>Elementalism (Water) 3 (23)
>Mind Reading 3 (20)
>Natural Weapon (claws) 3 (17)
>Self Healing 3 (14)
>Mind Control 3 (11)
>Enhanced Senses 3 (8)
>Durability 3 (5)
>Strength 2 (3)
>Remote Viewing 3 (0)
The powers I am given, the things I have done - it feels so good.

>Expert, Safehouse, Defector
Even now I grow closer and closer to Them.

>"Satan," Ghost (Defector)
Their voices ring within me. Listen! Listen to the whispers!

>Powers
Damned good
Contract
Read Soul
Utility Magic
Illusions

>Appearance
Male
Young adult/universitary

>Outstanding features
Buff
Hung
Innocent

A seemingly innocent guy who seek towards sex. Take women off guard and break their will with Damned good power. Also blackmail her SO (if any) and torture them.

Not necessary evil, I have no power to turn someone into a bad person, but I will make you suffer if you cheat, if you are engaged by some interest or is no love at all

What do you feel about CYOAs where everything is just a giant grid compared to a CYOA that tries to shake it up?

what

Rings first.
The prior CYOA renders the swap unneeded, but the rest are in effect, especially the last two of the freebies.

Really not keen on specifying which ring has what, probably just gonna go for a pair on hands, feet, and a few piercings and have them functionally linked.
>Eggs on default.
Weird but tolerable. Damn if the list isn't mostly stuff I'd rather not deal with.

Occupation (1)
>Local Idol (1)
>Model (1)
>Gravure (1)
>Seiyuu (1)
5 points with 5k monthly income is pretty damn nice for working 3 days a week by the look of it. Not rolling in dosh but comfy for low-maintenance.
Masochism 3.
Forced Orgasm 2
Parasite 3
Tattoo (public) 3
Piercings (nips, visible) 3
Permanent (full time) 6. Going to make them immaterial and just run with normal piercings for the above drawback.
Exposed (Double) 4
Exhibitionism 2

So 31 points' worth, mostly for foregoing clothes or anything of the like.
>Welfare Leech into Loadsamoney. 5k from job with 12k from this? Still not filthy rich but doing pretty nicely. Given that Worm is the other one a bit of cash is likely to go a long way.
>Vanilla. Shit, I can just normify stuff? Adding and adjusting brb.
13 there
Pro-choice 16.
Eternal youth 23
The Duplicator 30

Default punishment for defaulting on Musts will be Corruption.

Aaaand done. With part 1.

>Worldbreaker Endbringer.
Sibling Rivalry for 16, and Golden Morning is required (though going with the 4 point version).

Blank
Shattered Limiter
Invictus
Inspiration
First Impressions
Cloak and Dagger
Manpower
Additional Core (4x)
Unbound Form

Shaper
Alexandria
Inspired Inventor
Psychokinetic

Gonna run around naked with a fairly mundane if fun day job while preparing to save the world by secretly building the Zerg Swarm out of sight, underground, in what few wildernesses can still be found, and probably sending a core or two off world to Mars or Enceladus or the like for safe keeping and colonization.

Lets get Super up in here.
Origin: Innate
Appearance: Athletic
Faction: Cult: Free level two magical ability. Sect of the United .
Perks(Before foes): Boot Camp, Expert, Defector(Clone). Bonus Perks, Squad, Authority.
Drawbacks: Hated, Valuable, Traitor(Jim Boyce), Memory Loss.
Abilities, Total Points(37, 39 from faction bonus): Strength(3), Agility(3), Endurance(2), Durability(3), Enhanced Senses(2), Reflexes(3), Immunity(2), Mind Reading(2), Self Healing(3), Social Enhancer(1), Flight(2), Directed Energy Attack(3), Training(3), Overcharge(2), Inheritable(1), Self Improvement(2), Mental(1), Focus(1).
Allies: Ryan Elmore, Clone, Samuel Mason.
Foes: Fiona Dawley, The Prototype, Corrine Devoe.
After being awoken to my abilities and introduced to my clone, I was given the choice to fight against a dark god with a secret order to save the world, after saying yes and being introduced to my squad and mentor I brought on the clone as well to assist. The prototype was originally an experiment made with the assistance of Doctor Devoe, but was corrupted at the same time along with her to fight against humanity, forcing me and the squad to fight back. In preparation I and my clone train under Mason to speed up our empowerment process, along with training us to work alongside our human companions in the squad, taking on outbreaks and cells of Devoe's fellow cultists and culminating the impowerment of our crew from teaching out abilities twice as fast with our training being overseen by Mason and our Clone bringing me to higher levels of power quickly. With Dawley being an unwitting accomplice to Devoe's cult to try and discredit us and our fight against her, up until she sends out the prototype to attack us on the set, in its berserk state attempted to kill Dawley until my timely intervention, after rescuing her and driving off the beast with the squad, we follow it to Devoe's layer. Part two and the second world B meta option.

The authors realized how samey some of the roommates were after the cyoa was posted, so they went back and changed some things around. That's why you remember roommates who aren't there anymore.

I post builds for Traveler all the time. I have no problem with long CYOAs. Order is just badly organized and needs better spacing.

Agreed we can criticize Highlander for many things, but the she's put a lot of effort into her bloody formatting this past year.

How do any of these but Contracts lead to you sending souls to hell?

If you can make them do some pretty heinous shit and have them revel in it all, they're pretty much on an express line to hell after they die. Also, no one says they have to die of natural causes.

>Name
Janus
>Origin
Mutagen
>Appearance
Athletic
>Faction
A.I.
>Abilities
Uplink Level 3
Strength Level 1
Agility Level 2
Endurance Level 3
Enhanced Senses Leve 2
Stealth Level 1
Reflexes Level 3
Immunity Level 3
Mind Control Level 2
Self Healing Level 2
Inheritable Level 1
Infection Level 3
Shapeshifting Level 3
>Perks
Prime Subject
Defector
Charisma
>Drawback
Valuable
>Allies
Ryan Elmore
Jim Boyce
Fiona Dawley

Could someone post weaponsmith?

Volentia of Aragon

EZ

>Origin
Mag
>Appearance
Avg
>Faction
None
>Abilities
2 Agility
2 Endurance
2 Durability
1 Enhanced Senses
1 Stealth
2 Reflexes
3 Mind Reading
3 Shapeshifting
3 Focus
3 Mind Control
3 Mental
3 Remote viewing
2 Passion
>Perks
Prime Subject
>Drawbacks
Memory Loss
>Allies
Olivia Blake, Jim Boyce
I owe my abilities to a being who was too forgetful to remember who owed it and an organization that was wiped out before seeing its plan come to fruition. I have no name or allegiance, no memories or inclinations. Just raw, inhuman power. Why do I have all this power? Who made me? What purpose did they have in mind for me? Purpose. I guess it really doesn't matter. Everyone asks themselves these questions. In my case the answer just seems so much more...accessible. I'm not like most people. I was made by other people. People are simple, predictable. I can read them. I can control them. Why did they want me to be able to do that? What was to stop me from controlling them? Is that what they wanted? Why would they want someone who knows nothing about the world and can't remember anything before the experiment in charge of their operation? Maybe they know something about me I don't. Knew. I can't ask them now. Unless, it's some elaborate scheme to mislead me. Am I doing what I want, or are my actions guided by forces outside my perception? Ugh..this is getting me nowhere.
Why can't my problems be simple, like getting a promotion and paying bills? If I know what it is I need to accomplish I can do really well...no. I'm not just really good, I'm the best. I could have any job or any amount of money I wanted just by making them let me have it. That's exactly why I don't do it. What's the point? That's why I have to keep playing the "what if" game with myself. Games that other people find challenging, like chess, are laughably easy because of my powers. How can you even play a game when your opponent is just as easily manipulated as...as...That's it, isn't it? I play chess.

After locating the layer that Devoe uses as a hideout, we start our final battle with me brawling the Prototype to a standstill, while my Clone and squad are fighting down Devoe in the background. Before the final blow was struck against Devoe, her masters tore open a portal in reality sucking all the remaining combatants into the portal to some strange world. When we arrived the last thing we saw was Devoe being carried away by the prototype, likely to heal her wounds and start her cult anew again in a bid for power for her gods. We seem to be attracting attention from the locals as we just came out a gaping hellmouth from another reality, it seems we are about to be questioned by some guards coming our way. Checking the squad it seems my clone, Mason, and the rest of the soldiers have made it through okay. After meeting we finish with speaking to the guards and getting our bearings, we shall go and hunt Devoe and her monster down.
World: NobleDark.
Inherent Power(Thanks warp fuckery, also does anyone know if the clone gets a perk and the other shit too, or is it just me? I Post the clones options in parentheses just in case): Skill Thief, (Born Leader)
Birthright(I would understand just getting one here, seeing as we are the same person, but on the off chance I will do the same as above) Marked Hero, (The True Heir).
Armor: Shifting Rag,(Astral Mark). I look different enough to be noticeable from the clone, and he gets to embrace his mageness.
Weapons, never turn down free equipment in the field, especially when its magic relics: Solais and Eurytus, need something less noticeable than big fuck off energy blasts, (Khanda and Kodring)
Mentor: Theodore, (Qverllicui, eldritch waifu and we can assist her as necessary on the quest, maybe get her a better god to worship, or again, waifu that angle).
Companions: The Aegis, Zerria,(Micaela, Wanderer).
Mount: Cliff Jackal, (Hawk Griffin)
Starting Location: Castle Hall.
Any other brave hero wanna help?

When it comes to a magic system, do you prefer picking pre-made spells, or something more akin to picking proficiency in different schools of magic, letting your proficiency and imagination dictate what you can do?

Originally I had planned the former, and using your points to pick spells, but I ran into multiple problems. The two most important being it's too restrictive on the player (only 7 spells for each element, buffs, healing etc.) and it would be a massive piece of work for me.
The second system would instead be where you use points to unlock types of magic, e.g. Healing, Fire, Dark magic (still unsure how to structure it, how many to include).
0 points in a school of magic means 0 proficiency (can't ever learn this type), 1 being beginner (think making a small fire), 2 being proficient (think making fireballs that can be used for combat), 3 being advanced (think stuff like flamethrowers that leave magma or somesuch) and 4 being mastery (think raining fire).
That would leave more imagination for the player, and be much easier to make for me, but I'm not sure I would be able to protray what each tier can do - like how different your power is between tier 1 and 2. Also it seems really sad to have your ability be capped on day 1 (except your creativity can improve your skill since you can learn to chain combos), and never be able to ever learn new schools.
Wow that got way too ranty. Sorry.

tl,dr I want to maximize fun and imagination.

old version of page 2, there's one with more

Cutting off schools of magic isn't a good idea. If you can learn 1 school of magic, you should be able to learn them all.

Definitely Volentia.

Cute witch hat, cat, manor, probably appreciates cuddling...

In fairness, I mirror some of her flaws (slightly crazy, prone to jealousy, gets attached easily), so there's some potential for pathological co-dependency.

Waifu

Where's the balance then?
I suppose it would be "you have zero proficiency and has to work as hard as anyone else would, meaning it will take years of daily study to reach level 1"
Don't really see how that would be fun.

So what is the canon ending of Bloodmage? I get it all faction missions came to fruition one way or another but was the last Loop actually made? Judging by the fact that Crown actually did their timeline invasion the Loop happend. On the other hand Supremacy and Eclipse missionswere to stop the last Loop and we see that Supremacy actually conqured the planet. So what happened? Or isth King that returned actually lying and there was no timline invasion and he actually the one who was preparing it but insted decided to infiltrate Convention? Crown Vanguard descriptions hints that they are not normal Vanguards. Can it be the case that they are imposter like the Old Guard except not for the Adversary?

What was Archdevil's secrifice? She was mentioned in Bloodmage, but not waht happend to her.

Is Diabolism somehow connected to Diabolic way of casting in Bloodmage. Does it somehow secretly indebts you and will that be the topic of how it fucked everyone again be the theme of the next CYOA?

Forgot pic and theme song.
youtube.com/watch?v=u4EuqGZKTH4

Many CYOAs have it as implicit that the choices presented represent only your beginnings and later on, back-breakingly hard work and dedication can see you improve what you already know and even learn some new tricks. No reason you can't offer the same in your work. Also, just present the different levels of magical powers the way you did here with a few examples and an intro text detailing the limits of magic at every level.

There's also no reason you can't offer pre-made spells instead, with the tease that more may be found in our adventures.

If you can be proficient in 1, 2, or 3 schools, why not more? What is the thing that makes you proficient, and what prevents you from being proficient? I assume it's like learning a skill, it's not like you can just learn a certain amount of things in life and can't go over some imaginary limit or something. And while getting there might not be all that fun, the option is still there, instead of not being there at all.

It'll depend on how they fluff the magic anyway. Some ways of learning magic leave no possibility of being a omni-disciplinarian wizard, sometimes it just in the blood or in the soul. Also, barring immortals and/or lack of desire for practical applications, there is only a certain amount of things in life you can learn while still being capable of living your life and making use of what you learned.

Alright so I'm done my midterms and I have a week off to finish up Hell Invasion v.3.0.

What are some really annoying powers for enemies to have? Something that would leave them killable, yet also very irritating to deal with.

Also if you have any cool mechanisms for respawning, boons, and drawbacks that would be nice.

Wanna go fight witches and wizards with me and my team ?

Penis-shrinking spell.

If you've played Warframe, you'll know how annoying the commanders' switch teleport is. So just have them switch positions with you while leaving you disoriented for a second or so.

Blocks, parries and shields. They take more time to kill when you could be killing more things.

>Mid-tier regeneration
>Super strength
>Super durability
>The ability to sap our strength and stamina
>Invisibility
>Hivemind with nearest allies
>Multiplication (just one or two extra)
>Taking on an appreciably more powerful form after dying and doing this 2 or 3 times before final death
>Bezerking
>Exploding when injured enough or killed