How do you revive your interest in tabletop games?

How do you revive your interest in tabletop games?

When they remove eldar

Kill your players, consume their vital essence, use their cumulative ideas, creativity and ambitions to fuel your idealistic tabletop aspirations, anew.

play old games/editions/systems, run "for shits and giggles" game, meet new people and play with them.

Start playing with looser rules, and more free-flow subjective combat where there's less of an emphasis on meta-gaming and power-gaming.

It becomes what it was meant to be.

I usually get so fed up with what the mainstream media creates I start feeling the pressing need to come up with stories I can actually enjoy.

Basically,
>My fan fiction is like, WAY better.

this worked for me

combat for the sake of mathing the other dudes hit points was fun for a while but I feel like I'm over it. In this new game there's a fight like once every 3 sessions

I play an old school RPG. By the time I have characters made and the basic plot down, I'm all like "... But how would -I- do this?" And off I go! Even when I WANT TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME. DMing is an addiction man...

Doesn't even necessarily have to be combat.

Just in general, when you use skills and abilities more as guide-lines rather than rigid standards your characters are discriminately tied to, you turn the focus less from trying to play a role and more to trying to fill in the gaps of your character for their obvious and exploitable weaknesses.

When you play with a more lenient system and/or DM, you get a game that flows a lot smoother, has a much more enjoyable pace that doesn't come to a screeching halt once combat or magic starts. It feels more like a natural world, and less of a contrived, artificial playground.

I read made-up greentext stories that inspire me to leave my autism hole to associate with other autists.

It rarely ends well.

>*when you use skills and abilities more as guide-lines rather than rigid standards your characters are discriminately tied to, you turn the focus less from trying to fill in the gaps of your character for their obvious and exploitable weaknesses, and more trying to play an actual role*

Fixed that, derp.

Reviving your interest in tabletop games is kind of like rekindling the First Flame in Dark Souls.

You go through all this effort to reinvigorate the production of new ideas and hype, and it takes a whole lot of effort n' stuff, but over time it takes more and more effort to get interest for less and less amount of time until, eventually, you're basically running on fumes. My advice? Let the fire fade into nothing, and over long aeons of living the comfy, disconnected life you might find your fires reignited, and thus starts the process from the beginning.

I don't play for a while focusing on other things.

get in touch again with friends in the hobby and the lgs

>meet new people
filthy sjw

I don't

Play with new people who aren't dicks

Don't spend too much time here. Gives us a weird idea of games that isn't playing them but burns us out on them anyway because of how much stupidity is baseline here.

Make your own tabletop rpg.

Oh look, a morbidly obese 43 year old neckbeard. Havn't seen one of those in a while.

The same way you revive just about anything - precisely applied electroshocks.

I can't remember the name, but at some point there was a game show on TV where if the constants got an answer wrong they would get an electric shock.

I could see this improving my overall gaming experience...

user, just because someone encourages you to not be a friendless shut-in doesn't make them an sjw.

I bet you believe people who want you to exercise are Nazis too.

Browsing Veeky Forums.
Seeing people talk about the games they're playing makes me want to play games again.

Try a new system

having the attention span to read a corebook

actually finding people to play with

Stop playing DnD, really.

No, see, this is just a brilliant example of the deconstruction of language on Veeky Forums. Sjw, cuck, faggot, retard, and other insults have become so overused by posters that the words cease to function and hold any meaning... Which means we actually need to be clever in our insults, or we shift what becomes insulting. The same thing happened with /d/ and fetishes, which resulted in the hand-holding meme.

Sh-shut up, NERD

You don't, In todays age and the fact you're on Veeky Forums shows you've seen all the shit there is to see and how it's all terrible and if you did find a new thing you'd have to wait weeks to see it or its playerbase turn to shit.

Real way to do this is you have to lower your IQ and forget about things to actually be able to enjoy it again. Retards and people who can't think critically eat table tops up now so just plunge your way into idiocy through drugs or brain damage and you're good to go.