/exg/ - Exalted General

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Tell me about your games, /exg/! If you don't have a game, why not GM one?

Other urls found in this thread:

jyenicolson.net/exalted/
mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html.
github.com/anathema/anathema_3e
bitbucket.org/blakwurm/anathema-reincarnated/downloads
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51778262/#51778262
www10.zippyshare.com/v/jlfVzHMp/file.html
mega.nz/#F!00ZyDLJJ!xxxhe_588qracOf7DSs3Pg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Think we'll get anything new from the quick-start? Might get some new artifacts at least.

We'll at least get backstory details for the new sigs

If nothing else, the Jumpstart makes running a game much simpler.

Any words on Arms of the Chosen?

Posting because I have always wanted to play this game, but never have found enough friends interested in high-powered eastern fantasy to play it with me.

Also posting some exalted related art.

Have you tried to find a group online?

I havn't, I want to play the game but I really enjoy doing it in person with friends. I admit I have never played an rpg online. I just feel that I enjoy it so much when it is everyone in the same room together. I think I will look for a game online eventually.

>U

>U
I have no idea why this happenend.

Question from stoopid 1: How 2 play Solar?
Question from stoopid 2: How not 2 play Solar?

Answer 1: Driven, excellent, flawed, (mostly) human, passionate.
Answer 2: Totally awesome warriors of light, despicable monsters.

>jyenicolson.net/exalted/
Should really get that changed to mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html.

1: you are ment to be the best at what ever you do. Stop acting like a child and go get shit done.
2: you are the best at what ever you do too, sometimes better than Solars, sometimes not. Stop acting like a child and go get shit done
3: you are a robot. Beep boop, beep. Stop acting like a robot and go become a city.

and mechanically? How many of my caste and favored skills should I concentrate on?

Well, seeing as favored skills are literally things you want your character to be good at now or later, you're probably invest heavily into them. Whether you want Caste skills depends on how much you want to buy into the caste archetype(s), but you probably always will need to pick and choose.

Doe anyone have any or have seen any Exalts that are not from Creation? I'm talking about god-blooded that have descended from Yu-Shan, ghost-blooded that have traveled through a Shadowland and into Creation, demon-blooded or human slaves that have escaped Malfeas, so on and so forth.

I mean, Alchemicals are, by definition, Exalts that are not from Creation.

The god-blooded, ghost-blooded, and demon-blooded stuff is all plausible and there probably have been NPCs like that, but IIRC human slaves are not quite possible because ordinary humans always die within five days in the confines of Hell.

>I mean, Alchemicals are, by definition, Exalts that are not from Creation.

I was kind of going for the "Outsider gains Celestial Exaltation" angle.

>ordinary humans always die within five days in the confines of Hell.

There's something a bit funny about this, page 76-77 of CoCD:Malfeas says "Human slaves and visitors to the Demon City must be give special medicines or treatments lest they perish within seven days" but on page 86 it's mentioed that dream parlors employ thousands of humans to provide the imagination needed to sell dreams and nightmares. There's also a whole section on pages 155-156 on mortals in Malfeas including stats, so it is a possible concept. Imagine a Zenith who Exalted when entertaining demons, a Night who Exalted escaping his Infernal master, or a Dawn who managed to make his way to a Martial Arts academy (such as Suntarankal) and Exalted there.

Even a story about needing to constantly steal supplies so you can survive longer than 7 days is a good starting point.

My circle is fighting with a Deathlord that sacked Chiaroscuro, while rebuilding a buried First Age city. Right now we're trying to get the Lap to export food again after a rebellion.

My circle just got to Yu-Shan, and one of us is sitting on five dots of Cult.

Other than the obvious "cubic fuckloads of jade", what's some good shit we can make out ambrosia in 3e?

Well, "cubic fuckloads of jade" becomes doubly great if you've got a crafter on hand, other than that? Shit that's hard to come by, such as mystical crafting ingredients needed for high level artefacts or shit that can be used as a means for Sorcerous Workings.

Just buy whatever you need.

So I'd like some advice. I am having my very first game of exalted, and many things are new and alien to me here (Warhammer/D&D babby here)

My circle doesn't do anything together at all. It's like 5 sessions into the game, and everyone goes fuck-all, when it is obvious that we are up against powers that not one of us could hope to win against.

Basically the script is that one or two players blows off to do their own thing out of their own compulsion/motivation, (most likely in separate directions) and the rest usually have to run after them.

Is this usual exalted issue and I should find some way to deal with it, or I am playing with doweeds and should find a better game?

> when it is obvious that we are up against powers that not one of us could hope to win against.

This doesn't exist. The Exalted already beat up the Primordials and basically nothing is a greater threat than that.

Yeah, but the Exalted beat the Primordials *together*, not one-on-one. The idea that there are things no single Exalt can stand against isn't a weird one.

"Not one of us" as in "you can't just solo it"

The primordials were defeated by 300 Solars, Lunars, lot of Sidereals, and armies of Dragon-Blooded, armed by Primordial Weaponry.

Solo Solars, and whole circles get hunted down by some competent Dragon-Blooded Wyld hunt alone.

That's kind of the problem with beings of godlike power, getting them where you want is like herding cats. You'll need to sit your players down and tell them that they need a single agreed upon goal that they can work together to achieve, otherwise everyone is just going to be sitting on their asses while you run multiple solo sessions.

But I'm not the Storyteller, I don't dictate the movement of the session. If I try to throw my weight around it will probably end up in PC -murder-fest.
The one time I tried to settle on a common goal, I've been waved off, as on the the Dawn caste went on his vengeance against the Dynasts

>as on the the Dawn caste went one his vengeance against the Dynasts
Which by the way wasn't even his motivation, just some background intimacy.

That's pretty normal. You bounce back and forth between various circle members' goals with other people tagging along to lend a hand and supervise. Then there's a group meeting, or the Wyld Hunt or some Deathknights show up and everyone hurriedly regroups.

As others already said, there are plenty of things a single Solar can't do or overcome. Banding together when facing a common enemy should be common sense, even for Solars.

So, I got a guy who's playing a mortal in our Solar game. Well, he says he is, anyway. He's also gone behind the circle's back to steal shit from an unearthed First Age ruin we were investigating, and then got caught lying about it. How far can a PC go before the circle just doesn't have an IC reason to bring him with us on our travels?

By any chance has anyone successfully downloaded, compiled, and run either of the two chargen programs?

Depends on the circle, but a mortal, ie. someone whose contribution could be matched or exceeded with minimal investmen, who also steals and lies, sounds like someone who'd ICly be left behind. That's if the Solars re being kind.

I'd like to know where to access them!

Anathema is on Github, but you need Gradle to run it.

github.com/anathema/anathema_3e

Anathema Reincarnated can be downloaded off of Bitbucket. That's the one made by the new kids on the block and is the furthest along pic related is their UI. They say next month but they've slipped up before. Also, it runs using Clojure.

bitbucket.org/blakwurm/anathema-reincarnated/downloads

Good luck, and if you get anything running, tell us.

So, I posted a storytime yesterday about my recent fuckup in my Exalted game, but I probably should have just waited for an /exg/ thread rather than making my own. So, because I can't be arsed to paste those 5 posts here again, here's a link to the original thread.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51778262/#51778262

So, how bad did I fuck up /exg/?

>Drawing the ire of a Hekatonkhire at Ess2.

The Bronze Faction was right. It's in Creation now, right. Creatures of Death take penalties outside of the Underworld, it's not much, but everything counts at this stage. Start making bargains and striking deals, by the way, you need everything you can get if you want this thing off of your back.

>The Bronze Faction was right.
Yup, we kinda unanimously agreed on that after the session was over.

>It's in Creation now, right. Creatures of Death take penalties outside of the Underworld, it's not much, but everything counts at this stage.
Yep, it's in Creation now. Actively hunting us and eating whatever it stumbles across along the way.

>Start making bargains and striking deals, by the way, you need everything you can get if you want this thing off of your back.
Yeah, we're figuring that out right now. So far, we've considered the following as potential options;

1.) Mask of Winters, using diplomatic immunity and probably owing him a favor as a result, which scares us.
2.) Lookshy, which comes without the favor but could hurt them enough to give the Realm or the Mask an opening
3.) Sidereals, because our Twilight had a gold-faction chosen of secrets as an adoptive mother who will probably help us out (and whoop her adoptive son for getting involved in this bullshit)
4.) The Realm, because my Eclipse still has ties to the Realm, but we'd have to convince them this is a problem they should solve -and- we'd have to wait for them to actually get here.
5.) Silver Pact, because we have a Lunar in the group and (most) of them will probably want to kill this thing too. Though we might want to keep our involvement in its summoning a secret.

We're going over out options at the moment. The Mask seems like the safest solution, but I really don't like the idea of owing him a favor, especially since it will probably be sealed by an Eclipse/Moonshadow oath.

I can't imagine any real reason that MoW would even give you the time of day, he'd probably consider your situation a good thing for him. See if you can get as many as the other four as possible to work together, though.

The Mask is an option for a couple different reasons. For one, the Hekatonkhires chasing us doesn't really care about allegiances, it'll eat living and undead alike. For two, the Mask isn't interested in destroying Creation so much as he is in toying with it; His control over Thorns and the tension with the confederacy of rivers is all just a game to him. And third, depending on whether the ST subscribes to the idea of Deathlords using Voice circle necromancy, he -might- be able to just bind it to his will, and thus have it -and- Juggernaught. But even putting that aside, it's an unexpected thing that might end up scrucking up his plans, and also it's a chance to have a group of Solars in his debt, some of which are very firm on morality, which I'm sure he would love to abuse and you with them over.

The issue with the other four is that the Realm and Lookshy -definitely- won't work together, and plus if they find out we're anathema (which they probably will during the Hekatonkhires fight), they'll be after us like flies to roadkill as soon as the Hekatonkhires is dead. Sidereals also comes with the issue of making our names and faces known to the bronze faction, and then there's the issue of Lookshy potentially getting weakened and conquered by either the Mask, the Realm, or another Deathlord, and either result wouldn't be good since our Twilight comes from Lookshy and would be -very- distraught if something happened to them. Hence why we're mulling over our options.

>and you with them over.
*and fuck with them over*. Auto-correct is weird sometimes.

Exalted sounds like WHFB players in a GW.

what do those acronyms stand for?

It stands for When Hippos Fight Back, it was the sequel to Hungry Hungry Hippos and utilised a D10 system.

So what books are out now?

Warhammer Fantasy Battles and Games Workshop (the store)

Core and the backer charms.

i want to fuck an alchemical

speaking of alchemicals someone post alchemical art

The Quickstart is almost out, and I'm reasonably sure the release schedule will start moving again now that the fricking deluxe edition book is finally shipping.

I think its going to be slow for a little bit still as the devs are apparently going through weird personal shit. Still I can just shelf it and focus on more important things until we start rolling again

How the fuck are you supposed to run Reincarnated anyway?

There's an Exalted 3e Quickstarter coming out?
Holy shit something new.

Lewd

>There's an Exalted 3e Quickstarter coming out?
It might even be under 200 pages/

What, you want 300 extra charms that could have been upgraded to preludes, or another 400 charms for craft

Fucking Clojure files, I don't know. Type "running .clj" into Google and see what comes up.

Leiningen seems to be the thing.

Seems to be, but I can't understand it for the life of me. If you get either chargen working, tell us.

Rank Exalts from favorite to least favorite

Sidereals>Solars>Alchemicals>Dragon-Bloods>Infernals>Lunars> Abyssals

From what I can work out, you have to install a Java JDKm then navigate to the project.clj folder, then run "lein uberjar", and it'll make an executable .jar.

Alright, so I built Anathema Reincarnated, but it doesn't seem to execute. Might be doing something wrong.

Gonna try Anathema 3 now. Hopefully this one actually runs.

>why not GM one?
I don't know enough players who'd be interested.

Also, shit's hard. I can run Shadowrun, which has a fascinating horrible overcomplicated system as well, but which lets you rely on the central theme of "the PCs want money and will be taking missions from NPCs". That makes things so much easier than Exalted, regardless of the ruleset.

How the fuck are you supposed to run this game? It's an uphill struggle against recruiting players who've even heard of the system, and against plotting a campaign that features overpowered demigods who are supposed to be willful and stubborn as the principle protagonists, AND against the 600 page rulebook. That's three struggles before I even get to the table. Or I can send one lunchtime email and get five players for a 5e DnD game using one of the rather good pre-built adventure modules.

Seriously. How? I love reading about this setting, but fucking how?

Infernal>Solar>Sidereal>Dragonblood>Alchemical>Lunar>Abyssal

Yeah I tried but no fucking clue or idea or work

Idk, watch ExalTwitch

The built versions of AnR I made star the Java binary, chew up a couple hundred megs of memory, and do nothing else. It threw a few errors during building, I presume they have something to do with it.

Man it's just shitty spyware

AnR or Java?

Have successfully built Anathema 3 v6.0.0. Please download and test that it works on machines other than mine.

It seems to work fine when launched by Gradle in its unbuilt state.

www10.zippyshare.com/v/jlfVzHMp/file.html

How do you deal with combat getting really wonky when more than 2 combatants are participating?

Alchemicals > Dragon-bloods > Lunars > Sidereals > Solars > POWERGAP > abyssals > infernals

Did Infernal shit in your cereal?

>www10.zippyshare.com/v/jlfVzHMp/file.html

What fucking site are you using to share this that it's asking me to download and install malware?

Get a decent adblocker faggot.

yes

mega.nz/#F!00ZyDLJJ!xxxhe_588qracOf7DSs3Pg

Now available in Mac and 'needs a Java 8.066 installation to work' versions. Note that the installer by default puts it in the same folder as Anathema for 2e.

>Java.

Ha ha oh wow what a shitty language I won't test mate sorry.

Tiddies!

A friend of mine loves Exalted and has talked a lot about it and how cool it is. I'm all for the WoD system, it's cool, but as I understand it from talking to him, you're supposed to be superhuman powerful able to take on armies at later points. But I don't understand where these capabilities come from; I played old Werewolf and I get that they're fucking powerhouses in a fight, but where does the power come from in Exalted?

Charms. They're basically spells, discreet packages of rule-breaking power paid for with your Essence pools.

Do you mean mechanically or flavor wise?

Are they the things that make me able to go Kratos through an entire army?

Mechanically.

Mechanically Solars (and other Exalted to a lesser extend) start with maxed out or almost maxed out stats in their era of expertise (that is going by the dot system that is used in the WoD games).
In addition to that they get very easy access to charms, which allow you to, at the lower end of the power level, double your dice pool on almost every possible roll and on the higher end of the power curve you can cheat the system in numerous way.
There's charms that literally turn you invisible, allow you to jump entire mountain ranges, turn super sayan, reshape reality to your will and have sex so amazing people lust after you for weeks to come.

How difficult is it to use these charms or activate them? When we played Werewolf, I loved going full Crinos and just ripping shit apart with my claws, and it's a feeling I often crave in certain games, and if that's truly possible in Exalted in at least a fairly easy way, then I am much more interested in trying it than before.

I'm not sure I will be able to give you a good explanation because english is my second language.

Simple answer: Essence

Long answer: In the beginning there was only Essence. Pure untapped energy. Out of that energy titans shaped the Creation, gods, physical laws, creatures etc. It is cosmic-code. primal energy that is capable of creating anything.

how did the Exalts get the access to it? well firstly one titan created the Exaltation. Secondly the most powerful gods (Sun, Luna, 5 Maidens) literally ripped the part of their own being and granted it to certain amount of people. For example, Sun had to diminish itself in power (forever) so it could give Exaltation to 100 dudes. And he didn't even invent to exaltation. I find it a cool story element that this was the first time Sun had to set from the sky.

Usually activating them is pretty simple. You spend "mana" and you cast "spells". Problem is when you spend a lot of mana (either huge amount at once, or decent amount over a few rounds) you start to glow like a lighthouse or dbz super-saiyan. Why is that a problem? Almost entire world is trying to kill you. You have depleted your "mana resources" and you are shining beacon to those that are trying to find you and kill you.