Knightly Order Creation Thread

MEN OF THE EMPIRE!

The time has come to learn of the annals of yet another warrior-brotherhood sworn to the defence of the realms of men!

I bid you, sirs, roll me 1d100 that we might determine how ancient and venerable our order is!

Rolled 45 (1d100)

BY THE HELDENHAMMER!

Lo, it seems our order has been pledged to the defence of the Empire since the days of the dreaded Vampire Wars, when the traitor von Carstein struck out at us at our time of greatest need!

May our inception fighting off this undead heathen's blasphemous campaign have influenced our religious affiliation?

Let a d100 decide!

Rolled 23 (1d100)

Alas, nay! Were our digits our to fall between the numbers of 86 and 90, we might have been templars of Morr committed to eradicating the undead, but no! It seems our order takes no one god as its patron, but holds equally true to them all in its pursuit of justice and victory!

I bid you, brother, roll again for the distribution of our strength!

Is that another d100?

Verily, 'tis true! It seems the venerable scribe who drew up these tables many years ago has asked for naught but d100s!

May your percentile digits bear the Comet's blessing, sir!

Rolled 64 (1d100)

I should let someone else make a roll after this.

But your image posts are so chivalrous, user! I bid you remain with us as we reveal this order's secrets together!

I must beg your forgiveness, brothers, for in my haste to discover our identity I have misread the hallowed tables! 'Twas our numbers we were rolling for, not our distribution yet.

We stand several hundred strong! Roll again for the distribution of our numbers!

Rolled 30 (1d100)

Some of our members are more reckless than others. Given his condition, it's rather appropriate.

Forgot the roll

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Fear, not, friend, for our brother in arms has succeeded in his duty.

And we shall take heart in the presence of our brothers, for our numbers are densely concentrated! We operate out of one or more chapter houses or fortresses standing steadfast in the woodland or countryside.

But in which province are we based? Roll true, my friends!

Rolled 3 (1d100)

ROLL

Alas, I cannot credit thy roll for it was whose dice spun first. Remain with us as we learn of our history, though, mein herr!

REJOICE, BROTHERS! For we are loyal, stalwart REIKLANDERS, the heartland of our Empire itself!

Now it is time for us to turn our thoughts away from mere temporal matters of numbers and geography towards the higher virtues, for it is not martial prowess alone that maketh a knight, but his INSURMOUNTABLE COURAGE AND HONOUR!

I bid thee roll to determine the virtue we hold highest!

Rolled 38 (1d100)

REJOICE! Let us see what it is we hold on high.

Rolled 32 (1d100)

Integrity. We hold true to our ideals in the face of adversity, even if shirking them would lead to greater success.

BY THE COMET! Truly, I am honoured to find myself in such industrious and dedicated students of war, for it is MERIT that defines our order! We understand that true knigthhood is defined not by chivalry and honour alone, but by the steadfast and tireless pursuit of excellence in one's craft, be it the science of sword and lance or the chivalric arts of poetry and rhetoric.

Might there be one whose exalted skills lend towards the rolling of dice who could reveal of battle tactics and military doctrines?

An honest and faithful proposition, brother, but your digits too have spoken of Merit! Truly the gods bless our conviction towards honing ourselves.

Rolled 42 (1d100)

GLORIOUS! We partake before battle in a FURIOUS REVEL, clashing our swords, beating our shields, roaring our battle cries to the skies to immerse ourselves fully in the fury and vigour of righteous war! Perhaps once to steel our hearts against von Carstein's shambling legions, perhaps to strike fear in the hearts of our mortal enemies, but we fight with a rage known only to Ulric himself!

I am ANGRY, brothers. Someone roll to determine the identity of our greatest hero before I smack another squire!

Full Ultra-violence with reckless disregard for personal safety.

Challenging anyone or anything large enough to be worthy of legendary tales.

Rolled 74 (1d100)

looks like we're the fucking angry marines of the Old World, lads

Lo, for it is a brother-knight renowned for his insurmountable piety and faith that has endeared his name not only to his fellow warriors, but the smallfolk as well.

Roll again to determine how far our quest has taken us!

Rolled 5 (1d100)

Alas, it seems our order has never fought in any great numbers beyond the borders of our Empire. But why would we, when there are many great battles to be had in the defence and security of our realm!

Roll again to determine our most trusted ally.

Rolled 91 (1d100)

I FEEL THE WRATH OF THE GODS-- in these dice!

AND BEHOLD! Our most stalwart friend outside the ranks of our orders is a noble prince of elfkind!

But now it falls to determine our most hated enemy! Roll again!

Rolled 59 (1d100)

Another elvish lordling is our fiercest adversary, but this one is a cowardly, craven knife-ear unlike our esteemed friend. What treachery amongst their own kind led to such a vendetta? Only the gods know!

Now to whom or what have we pledged our service? Roll again!

Rolled 30 (1d100)

I sure do love rolling dice, General!

Rolled 67 (1d100)

It seems we are sworn to no man or god, but do as we wilt for the greater pursuit of honour and glory!

Pray tell what manner of reputation this has earned us? Roll true, friends!

Hark, I join the frey

Rolled 29 (1d100)

Well met, brother!

HEADS OF MEAT! Our pursuit of martial excellence and chivalry is sustained by only the finest feats, by cups full of wine and by halls full of song! Knighthood accepts no half-measures, in play as well as work!

Now another of you roll the dice while I check our coffers . . .

feasts*

. . . But our feats our of the finest, too!

Rolled 26 (1d100)

We really should've accepted payment in actual money...

are*

My new meds are kicking in after three months and are fucking up my sleep so this is hour 42, sorry lads

It seems we are humble! Out of kinship with the common man, some might say, yet our enemies might allege that our pockets are quickly emptied by our extravagant lifestyles . . . truly, the most esteemed of our brothers are our cookservants for pulling such fine cuisine out of such scant resources!

Might we roll to determine the prevalence of monstrous mounts in our order?

Rolled 14 (1d100)

I want a big one!

Rolled 65 (1d100)

It seems we have no truck with such vile beasts! A stout horse is the only companion a true knight needs!

Roll to determine our most sacred and venerated relic!

Rolled 14 (1d100)

Well, if we don't have monsters, I guess we might have a great relic!

"An enigmatic magical item whose true function is shrouded in mystery?" Who the heck wrote these tables?

Fiiiiine. Finally, I bid thee roll to determine our heraldic symbol.

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Well, I guess if we have no monsters, and some sort of magical item we don't know how to use, we might have some cool symbol.

Rolled 49 (1d100)

The Arrow or the Spear is our symbol! Truly an emblem of martial excellence, fit for our purpose! Although our detractors might highlight its . . . phallic connotations, compared against our rowdy behaviour. But think nothing of it!

Brothers, lend me your thoughts on what the dice have divined for us while I attend to some errands and consolidate these results.

Rolled 97 (1d100)

Yes, sir! I will not think about the phallic imagery that accompanies our passionate grappling in the confines of our training areas!

Let me recount our origins and deeds, brothers!

We began during the days of the Vampire Wars when the fallen tyrant Vlad von Carstein invaded our good nation, although whether we rose to bolster the ranks of those fighting the undead or maintain the internal security of our realm remains to be divined.

Despite the dark times in which we first arose, we hold to no particular patron deity, but embrace all of them equally and permit our knights to worship as they see fit as a secular order. Our ideals are those of chivalry, not religious precepts.

Like many knightly orders, we stand several hundred strong, all proud and trueborn sons of the Empire's nobility. When gathered together in our mighty Reikland castle, these warriors are a force to be reckoned with!

Although we are exemplars of the knightly virtues, the tenet we hold to truest is without a doubt MERIT, for it is the virtue from which all others derive. No knight can truly be worthy of his spurs unless he strives for perfection in everything he does, for it is a knight's duty to stand as a beacon and example to all lesser men.

Before each battle, we partake in rituals and sport to work ourselves up into a FURIOUS REVEL, stirring the embers within our hearts into fiery anger to strike fear into the foe. Thus we ride into battle free of cowardice and full of fury with which to crush the enemies of man!

Legends tell of a hero that arose from amongst our ranks in generations past, a warrior of exemplary piety and godliness whose virtue brought honour to us all, even though we swear devotion to no one god in particular. It is his name that the smallfolk call to mind when they hear our name, and it is his high esteem in which they continue to hold us.

BONUS ROUND: Gimme a d100 to determine which god he was devoted to.

Making its home in Reikland, the beating heart of the nation, it is no surprise that the order has not projected its forces much further beyond the borders of the Empire itself in significant numbers. Instead, they have distinguished themselves throughout their history in enforcing the Emperor's piece, crushing rebellions, picking the winning sides in civil wars and repelling invaders.

Amongst our closest friends do we count a prince of elfkind who demonstrates unparalleled honour and magnanimity. Regular are our exchanges of gifts, and we resent the accusation that we provide him with eyes and leverage inside Imperial politics.

Perhaps relatedly, it is a craven, honourless wolf elf lordling whom we consider our most mortal, if not most pressing foe. Perhaps his folk conduct bandit raids against our people, or perhaps he has some manner of ancestral feud with our patron, but it matters not: he is our enemy and we will destroy him.

>Reiklander Knights who throw fine feasts, symbol is the arrow and spear, our friend is an elf prince, our enemy is ANOTHER elf prince, we use only horses, we value merit, we are humble and not wealthy

BRETHREN. AN IMAGE TAKES SHAPE.

Allow me, a newcomer to this table, to speak

To me these traits speak of the Yeomanry, those men at arms and forestry who serve the nobility with skill and devotion. From such ranks could men, otherwise impoverished but well equipped to do battle, be Knighted by the Emperor in order to do battle with an enemy dire - an enemy such as the terrible Vampire Counts!

Therefore I propose it was the originator of our orders were ennobled in the field, to form an adhoc knightly band, and equipped by the venerable Emperor to HUNT the enemies of the Empire. Yea, for we are huntsmen one and all - we partake of great and mighty feasts, our symbols are the spear and the arrow, we enjoy our simple but sublime pleasure of roasted meats and fine wine. We may have little else but what we need to perform our duties, but we HUNT for our own food, and we BREW our own wine in the forest under the moonlight.

Such it is a band of our roaming ranger knights did aid an elfling prince in dire need one dark night, and so earned his eternal thankfulness. So too it is we likely have earned the emnity of the Woodland Elves, who are fain to allow manfolk to hunt and kill the beasts of the realm for food and pleasure, such are their strange and savage ways.

We, the Order of the Jägerritter are country nobles, well acquainted with the commoners who serve us, and we allow them to dine with us in kind. At other tables, of course.

Too Chivalric; Didn't Read: Huntsmen Knights. We're knightly rangers, we live innawoods, we hunt our own food and throw great barbeques, which is great cause we're poor otherwise.

The Order could have been established from the country Gentry to keep order and security in the Reikland while the majority of the armies rode out to fight the Vampire Counts

Skilled hunters and foragers, excellent light Cavalry, their closer association with the peasantry also makes it easy for them to catch criminals.

>Empire
>Knights

absolutely unchivalrous

No U