/swg/ Star Wars General- Lord and Saviour

Previous Thread >>Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nmyvFEkJSE4
youtube.com/watch?v=Li0vFxbo3sY
youtube.com/watch?v=A9_Lcuf1-Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4njNsDVos
youtube.com/watch?v=S75THbl4tzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, if YVH droids were supposed to sound like Body Builder versions of Lando, while looking like the Terminator, and Carl Weathers is a Body Builder version of Billy Dee Williams and friends WITH the Terminator, does that mean he's the ideal voice for YVH droids?

Dem eyes /swg/. Dem eyes.

The sad end of Jar-Jar, from Chuck Wendig’s new novel Aftermath: Empire’s End

>Since children started coming in by the shipload as refugees, the Gungan has served them, performing for the kids once or twice a day, He does tricks. He juggles. He falls over and shakes his head as his eyes roll around inside their fleshy stalks. He makes goofy sounds and does strange little dances. Sometimes it’s the same performance, repeated. Sometimes the Gungan does different things, things you’ve never seen, thing’s you’ll never see again. Just a few days ago, he splashed into the fountain’s center, ten pretended to have the streams shoot him way up in the air. He leapt straight up, then back down with a splash. And he leapt from compass point to compass point, back and forth, before finally conking his head on the edge and plopping down on his butt. Shaking his head. Tongue wagging. All the kids laughed. Then the Gungan laughed, too.

>The clown, they called him “Bring the clown. We want to see the clown. We like it how he juggles glombo shells, or spits fish up in the air and catches them, or how he dances around and falls on his butt.”

>The adults, though. They don’t say much about him. Or to him. And no other Gungans come to see him, either. Nobody even says his name.

When a young refugee boy asks why no one talks to him, the Gungan answers:

>“My no so sure.” The Gungan makes a hmm sound. “Mesa thinks it cause-o Jar Jar makin some uh-oh mistakens. Big mistakens. Der Gunga bosses banished me longo ago. Mesa no been to hom in for-ebbers. And desa hisen Naboo tink I help the uh-oh Empire.”

She looks good pretty'd up, she looks good down n' dirty.

I'm just waiting for someone to get around to writing that rey/phasma/finn/poe foursome fic

It better involve some engine grease, machine lube and dark, enclosed spaces.

>the little shitcunt is still alive
>sad
Fuck you.

Yousa triggered!

>it's in the Falcon's cargo bay and smuggling compartments
>chewie is about to turn the hose on them before he realizes that Han probably would actually have approved of this and just walks away to his quarters and gallon jug of cheap corillian whisky

I'm legitimately saddened by Jar-Jar's downfall. He was a dumb pawn, manipulated by a brilliant strategist who planned moves lightyears ahead of time.

We have all felt used at times. Anyone can relate.

But imagine if you were used to lay the groundwork for the defeat of the good Republic... and your own people and home planet held it against you.

He was a terrible character and George should feel bad for inventing him.
Jar Jar and the entire Gungan race should have been exterminated as soon as Palps was in power.
No reason to keep them alive, especially not the literal embodiment of everything wrong with episode 1.

>manipulated by a brilliant strategist who planned moves lightyears ahead of time.
>planned moves lightyears ahead of time.
>lightyears ahead of time
>lightyears
Lightyears are a measure of distance not time, that's the equivalent of planning parsecs or miles in advance

The Gungans themselves were fine. Jarjar just made them seen shit through a kind of "Bilbo effect", where one atypical member of a race becomes the defining image of it.

All the rest of the gungans we see are complete dogshit, too with their horrible speech patterns. Stop trying to play apologist for the lowest point in the fucking franchise.

Show me on the doll where the Gungan touched you, user

You do know people sometimes use words metaphorically, right?

Yeah thanks buddy but I'd like to go battle Brock now.

Is it just me or does this feel like Wendig trying to suck everyone dick with LOOK SEE I UNDERSTAND THIS YOU HATED HIM RIGHT?

Maybe that's my inherent bias against Wendigo coming or he fore, though

Bullshit. How could Han make the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs if parsecs were a measure of distance?

Are you fucking stupid or something too? Han was talking about the distance measurement, His ship is both fast enough when out of hyperspace, and he's a crack navigator, so he plotted a course through the kessel run of only 12 parsecs and made it through, how he did so, isn't yet known.

Actual reason ; becaue George Lucas is a moron

Old EU handwave reason and now probably canon reason ; because the trick of the Kessel run isnt the time you make it in, it's ths distance you have to go. The run skirts black holes and astrogation nightmares, so if you plot a perfect course and can skirt the edge of each event horizon, you can travel a far shorter distance then if you take longer safe routes between it.

As such, running it in 12 parsec's distance travelled is a significant feat.

You were probably just baiting though.

To be fair, it's a legitimate reason in-universe, even if it was originally horseshit meant to sound cool.

Another old explanation was that Han was just plain bullshitting to test Luke's knowledge of spaceflight and when Luke showed himself ignorant of what a parsec was, that made Han decide he could sucker him for the full price of what he owes Jabba.

Amazing how hard people will work to justify George just being a idiot
I mean, a huge chunk of this franchise revolves around trying to explain stuff like that

Yeah, I actually quite liked it as an explanation, even if it was definitely someone trying to explain away Lucas being a retard.

for the record, the novel, which was based on a slightly earlier script used the phrase "twelve standard timeparts", so one could assume that the movie change was the result of somebody saying "hey, use more generic sci-fi words, eh"

>twelve standard timeparts

Okay yeah im glad they changed it from this cos that's the clunkiest piece of shit ever

>Guinness' face

youtu.be/nmyvFEkJSE4

Best fight scene in star wars?

I'm a huge fan of the yavin duel from the genndy CW

Sure is sperg in here.

DS2 Luke vs Vader
It's not as flashy as the new ones but it has the most weight and meaning and the music is great

Plus there's the two other battles of endor going on concurrently, too

Duel of the Fates had probably the best choreography, but Luke vs Vader Round 2 is the actual best.

youtube.com/watch?v=Li0vFxbo3sY

The Blur cinematics for SWTOR are awfully good. I keep hoping live action directors will take a look at them for inspiration.

TFW you'll never see someone quickly toggle off and back on their lightsaber to pass through an opponent's block on the big screen.

Beautifully animated, yeah, but I don't know, something about the choreography rubs me the wrong way. I dislike the PT-grade acrobatics and spinning. Lightsaber duels are at their best when they stick to the franchise's roots. That said, I wouldn't be averse to incorporating other schools of swordsmanship, either. The dash of European flavoring in Kylo Ren's fighting style was a step in the right direction.

I think a tasteful mix of the prequel flash with the sincerity of the OT would be good. Controversial opinion: add in a little Jason Bourne-style brutality (like say, both members of the duel get disarmed, start beating each other with whatever they can get their hands on/the environment before being able to retrieve their lightsabers) for a great time. The fan video "Ryan vs. Dorkman II" (look it up on YouTube of you've not seen it) does this well.

>People that can channel the force to run super fast, jump super high, has super strength and precognition should fight like human samurai from a realistic movie.

>people that wield weapons that are noted to have odd handling and blades capable of cutting through almost any material should flail about like morons
The franchise is rooted in classic samurai movies. Flippy wuxia bullshit is a departure from the franchise's roots and looks nowhere near as good as more realistic samurai-flavored swordfights. It takes away from the emotion and gravitas of a lightsaber duel, and makes it look like neither fighter has any respect for the lethality of their weapons.

My favorite is probably the Obi-Wan/Darth Vader duel on Mustafar from ROTS (not including the Palpatine/Yoda).
The Palpatine vs Savage and Maul is also pretty good.
I also happen to unironically like The Starkiller Base duel, for first baiting us with Finn (who is beaten down with little effort on Kylo's part, save a lucky strike Finn gets in) and the visual of the "classic Jedi vs. Sith duel: the blades dancing, the tan and the black clad combatants moving around. It's almost nostalgic.

You my friend are an idiot. Jedi aren't normal humans. They are super fast, strong, inhuman reflexes and limited precognition. They don't have to nor should fight like samurai. Many times they have clearly stated that sword fighting and lightsaber fighting is very different. You sound like some rlm autist.

The Star Wars movies are heavily based on Kurosawa films. Deliberate, careful samurai swordfights are part of that.

>muh precog and superpowers
That's a point against your argument. Against regular, worthless mooks, maybe it might work, but against someone who has the same powers as you, it doesn't make sense. Two warriors with precog and lightsabers should be fighting carefully and deliberately, because each one is planning moves and counters. Even the slightest misstep could mean instant death thanks to the other guy's speed and reflexes. Their weapons are far more lethal than any other melee weapon. A single hit could be crippling. These guys should be taking every measure to avoid wearing themselves out or giving their opponents an opening.

Not to mention the fact that a lightsaber battle isn't just a duel. It's a clash of wills, emotions, and ideologies. That emotion, that gravitas is lost when actors flail like idiots.

The "PT-grade acrobatics and spinning" are here to stay, Pablo himself says that's how fully trained Jedi fight.

Even Kylo has a few "unnecessary" twirls in TFA, and Obi-Wan has an utterly ridiculous spin in ANH, but everyone seems to conveniently forget those. And you forget that SW was also heavily inspired by pulpy 1950s sci-fi serials, and western flicks, and shakespear, and mythology of varying cultures, and a shit-ton of other things.

Well, I guess that's another reason for why the OJO got destroyed in the PT. They couldn't swordfight for shit.

There are a unnecessary flourishes and maneuvers in the OT, but it still wasn't anywhere near as widespread or absurd. OT swordfights were closer to the realistic end of the scale than the PT and looked better for it. Dooku's fencing-inspired Makashi also looked a hell of a lot better than everyone else's fighting thanks to Christopher Lee's fencing experience. A little bit of Errol Flynn may be necessary or inevitable, but lightsaber duels just don't look good when you throw in the amount of acrobatics, wasted movement, and silly flailing that was present in the PT. When it comes to Star Wars swordfights, Kurosawa's influence reigned supreme and should continue to reign supreme.

Dude you're borderline retarded if you think any of the OT fights look anywhere near like a Kurosawa film let alone as good. And all of your points are pure opinion for that matter. I happen to like my superhuman duelist fight superhuman. If I wanted a shitty realistic fight I would watch ufc.

I actually like both, and I think both have their place in their particular era Star Wars is set over time, too. With the flasher. art deco aesthetics of the 'Golden Age' of the PT, the flashier acrobatic Wuxia stuff works.
In the OT, which is grimier, grubbier, it makes more sense for a grounded fighting style. It helps give a continuity - when dudes make holovids in the Star Wars universe, I bet their Old Republic set stuff is like Wuxia - all big heroes and impossible feats.

One of the things I am kinda so-so on is that the ST doesn't yet seem to have its own aesthetic.

My biggest problem is Wendigs HORRIBLE writing style and the way hes adding refugees into a fictional book when refugees are currently a main topic and issue.

This man cant write one page without
>gays
> Lesbians
> homosexuals
> poor refugees
> Meh feels

Hes not as good as Zahn or Stackpole thats for sure

There's definitely samurai film influence there. Not as good, because Lucas isn't on Kurosawa's level, but still visible. And at what point was this entire conversation anything but opinion? Criticizing film is pretty much entirely opinion. And to use your words, I happen to like when space samurai fight like space samurai. If I wanted shitty, ridiculous flips and flourishes, I would watch anime.

Luke and Vader at some points were wildly swinging their lightsabers like they were baseball bats. The only reason why they fought like that was because lightsabers were shitty props and Lucas didn't have the tech or choreographers to make the fights look better.

>The dash of European flavoring in Kylo Ren's fighting style was a step in the right direction.
I didn't mind it either, reminded me of the hema/metal weapons guys I knew many years ago back at uni that used to belt seven shades of shit out of each other on weekends with big arse swords. It was also an interesting counterpoint style to Rey who had a sort of fencing technique, neither very good at it, but I think that's why it worked watching them flail around like mad.

Also an interesting take on lightsabres from this guy-
youtube.com/watch?v=A9_Lcuf1-Ng

>tfw we'll never see a Jedi Knight pick up a vibrosword and mordhau a Sith

We did see Kylo gouge the fuck out of Finn with the crossguard though, that's kind of old-school european style sword fighting
Not quite half-swording, but there's some technical difficulties with that and the lightsabre

Lol what the fuck?

>They couldn't swordfight for shit.
A millennia of peace and dominating the Clone War implies otherwise.

>OT swordfights were closer to the realistic end of the scale than the PT and looked better for it
Not really. It lacked a degree of aggressiveness and precision in real fencing.

>Dooku's fencing-inspired Makashi
What style?

> When it comes to Star Wars swordfights, Kurosawa's influence reigned supreme and should continue to reign supreme.
Kurosawa's work wasn't known for swordplay. He's never once made anything focused around the martial arts with except maybe Sugata Sanshiro, which had no involvement with fencing

>jar jar is a high profile imperial stooge and probably a senator for decades
>doesn't get hanged for treason after the end of the GCW
jar jar should should his blessings if he didn't get the qaddafi treatment

>millennia of peace and dominating the Clone War
Millennia of peace that are never covered or studied. For all we know, the OJO's martial abilities had gone soft, just as their morals had decayed. We also know that the Jedi took horrific losses at Geonosis, their first taste of real combat in years. Maul killed Qui-Gon and very nearly defeated Obi-Wan before making the mistake of playing with his food. Plus, most the the bad guys in the Clone Wars weren't exactly trained swordsmen themselves. The CIS had Dooku, Ventress, Maul, Magnaguards, and, depending on the writer, Grievous. That's about it. Aside from that, it was mostly cutting up droids who couldn't do much swordfighting in the first place.

>Not really
Closer than the PT, I said. The OT fights weren't totally realistic (I think Hamill mentioned somewhere that getting too aggressive resulted in a lot of broken props), but they still didn't have nearly as much silliness as the PT.

>What style?
It's never specified. Christopher Lee was known to be a fencer, though: youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4njNsDVos
He likely did most of the sword work, or at least acted as a consultant while working with the film's fight director. The Fightsaber article that detailed all the saber forms way back when was also partly written by a fencer.

>Kurosawa
I was mostly thinking about the Hidden Fortress and Yojimbo. HF had a duel scene that was pretty damn close to the Obi-Wan/Vader duel, even if it wasn't a swordfight. I also really should have been referring to jidaigeki and chanbara as a whole, rather than just Kurosawa. At the time I was typing that post, I also stupidly mistook Harakiri for a Kurosawa film. My mistake.

All bumps report in

Bump Two . Standing by.

Bump Three here.
Yub yub, commander

>For all we know, the OJO's martial abilities had gone soft, just as their morals had decayed.
I won't debate that, as I actually agree. But it does stand that the Jedi of the time were still, as a group, the most refined and capable fighters in the known galaxy. And to say that anything afterward in regards to them (or lightsaber combat in general) being an improvement in martial prowess is just flat out wrong.

I would really hope that you're not the kind of guy who thinks that Luke was some kind of extraordinary swordsman by the time of RoTJ. I'd be genuinely surprised if he's above Inquisitor level skill by the time of the ST.

I don't think Luke was Musashi Miyamoto by RotJ, but I could see him ranking above the OJO's mid-carders if he fought dirty, as any Rebel should. The OT's time span was longer than the Clone Wars, so Luke by that point probably had more combat experience than most OJO grunts, on far fewer resources, against a far more powerful enemy.

>Inquisitor skill level
I'm not so sure. The canon ones in Rebels were pretty mediocre. Jerec, a former Jedi Master, was the biggest and baddest one in Legends and he got taken down by Kyle Katarn, whose formal lightsaber schooling didn't exactly exceed Luke's, either.

Kyle Katarn was a blatant if lovable Mary Sue just like Alucard

All Imperial ships, prepare for battle. Rebel forces sighted.

He's basically Doomguy with a lightsaber. And that's what makes him so fun.

Old piece of shit meet new hotness

Oy, treat the old ships with respect. They do their job nicely.

I want to make an OC to write about and draw in my spare time.

Would it be too Mary Sue/Snowflakey if I made him a Force Sensitive Kaleesh?

> but I could see him ranking above the OJO's mid-carders if he fought dirty, as any Rebel should.
IF he fought dirty, he might, MIGHT, be close to them. But logically, if going by fair rules of engagement and all of that, he should not really be close to their skill. From the point of when Vader and Sidious were dead, Luke was effectively studying a dead martial art. All the masters of it were gone. And because the Empire practically confiscated everything concerning the Jedi, short of their living memory, he should never be as good as the Jedi were even during the Clone War. He's in the same boat as HEMA practitioners are in today because the arts fell out of practice long ago and now interpret for themselves what little full, or incomplete, manuscripts there are to go off of.

>Inquisitor skill level
>I'm not so sure. The canon ones in Rebels were pretty mediocre.
Exactly. Which is why I'd be surprised if he was, at most, on their level in the ST.

>Kyle Katarn, whose formal lightsaber schooling didn't exactly exceed Luke's, either.
In legends, nobody did. Legends made Luke out to be the best everything. But in canon, they've made Luke more... reasonable given the settings. Ezra, right now, is more competent and skilled than Luke was at the end of RoTJ because Ezra had better training.

>Ezra had better training
I haven't kept up with the show. When did Ezra get something better than lessons from Yoda and Obi-Wan?

Ezra actually gets practice sparring with a guy who went through Jedi training and had a holocron with among other things, lessons from Anakin Skywalker on it.

So I don't know if he's "better" as such than Luke but he very strongly has a lot more practical than so far Luke has been shown as having.

The internet is a wonderful place but it's a place that is infuriatingly lacking in Mon Calamari art.

Seeing as I love the squids (and the Quarren, and the Karkarodons), does anyone have Mon Calamari art to dump for me? Pretty please with a tiny statue of Admiral Ackbar on top.

It seems kinda meta to me.
Like, Ahmed Best actually thought he was doing a great job with that character. People were high-fiving him on the set. George Lucas was really excited about it, they thought he was going to be a breakout character.
Then everyone tells him he's basically been playing a Minstrel show character, all the fans despise him, and even the kids just think he's averagely funny for the five minutes they're paying attention. So his part gets cut down and cut down and is now a symbol of the worst part of a beloved series.
Jar-Jar's fate seems like a weird parallel: he's a fool who became a hero and thought he had really made it by becoming a senator, but he winds up letting a Sith Lord destroy the Republic. Now everyone hates him for doing something he didn't even realize was bad, and the only people who appreciate him are small children who don't know any better.

>more practical
In terms of pure swordsmanship, sure, I'll give Ezra that. But RotJ Luke also had four years of military service and adventuring under his belt. Ezra will probably be the better swordsman at that point (assuming canon Luke picked up zero holocrons, instructional texts, or OJO survivors during those four years) but I would argue that Luke is a far more well-rounded combatant. You don't fight the Empire and evade Vader for four years without becoming a very dangerous, very sneaky son of a bitch. If it came down to Endor Luke vs. an Inquisitor, I'd put my money on the farm boy. Hell, if it was Endor Luke vs. a redshirt Jedi from the Battle of Geonosis, I'd still put my money on Luke.

If you haven't read the theory that Jar Jar was supposed to be Sheev's Sith Lord mentor and was canceled due to Ep1 backlash, you need to.

Except, that theory isn't true, and never was, It would have been so much better if that was the way it was supposed to go then we'd understand that we were supposed to hate Jar Jar.

Not the VicStar man, it'll electrocute you in your sleep. It hates us as much as we hate it.

You do you user, it's your OC and your spare time. And since you know about snowflakes you're probably going to do a little bit to avoid making your Kaleesh one of them.

>it'll electrocute you in your sleep.

Only if you're a filthy alien lover

>avoid making your Kaleesh one of them.

This is my first Star Wars character, so I'm a little leery I'm going to go about this the wrong way.

Are there any common pitfalls I should avoid?

this user gets it

What's making you double guess how you're doing the character?

A quick goggle will give you a list of things to avoid doing, I'm not being that helpful (sorry user for that), but there'll be parts of the internet that will have guides up on how not to write something in a way you don't want to write it (snowflakey). Better than I can say anyhow.

Were you the user who posted Twi'lek or Kaleesh a few threads ago?

Sheev-y get

That was on /co/ but yeah. I decided Kaleesh because I personally think that'd be cooler

I can dig it, I suppose all we know about the OC is that it's a Kaleesh and Force Sensitive so there's not much to comment on. I'm drafting a couple of character options for an EotE game (effectively making OC) and found the Core Rulebook character creation process was quite helpful to do that. Force and Destiny Core plus the Force Sensitive info the other rulebooks have might help you too in prepping the character?

>Many times they have clearly stated that sword fighting and lightsaber fighting is very different
Where? Is it still canon?

Personally, I figure lightsaber fighting would somewhat resemble real-world swordfighting but with some parts sped up, more superjumps, etc. Real-world swordfighting techniques are the way they are because those styles work (at least within a specific context), and I don't think Jedi would significantly alter that.

I know the EU likes to talk about how they have superspeed, but aside from one vague bit in the very beginning of episode 1 is there any canon evidence to support that?

Personally, I think lightsaber techniques (at least some of them) should revolve around the fact that those blades should be functionally weightless. There's a clip on Youtube somewhere where someone edited the chatty duelists scene from the Princess Bride to add lightsaber visual and audio effects and that's what I'd like to see.

The lightsaber form that is canonically most like sword fighting is Shii Cho because people just took their swordsmanship skills and copypasted them into lightsaber fighting.

Skip to 2:35.

youtube.com/watch?v=S75THbl4tzM

Han's an idiot who was trying to pull a fast one on Kenobi.

Except, one little thing, canonically, Han wasn't bullshitting.

>Canonically
>pablo_higalgo_noneofthisiscanon.gif

Anyone got any good maps for military bases, industrial facilities, and the like?

Well most recently in Rebels Sabine said she was trained in blades, and got her ass kicked by Ezra in Kanan practicing with the Darksaber.

You see that Link up there in the OP that has the Canon comics and books? in one of those comics it is mentioned quite explicitly that Han did in fact do the Kessel run in Less than 12 parsecs, so, in summation fuck you, you Nigger Faggot Jew Fa/tg/uy!

That definitely sounds like the sort of thing some people would do, though I expect the technique would shift somewhat so it's between regular sword styles and designed-for-lightsaber styles. Something along the lines of "learn regular swordfighting, then add this handful of tricks and tweaks."

Interesting, it's nice to see someone who thought through the actual differences. The number one thing I get out of it, though, is that any even remotely intelligent force user would try to get some sort of handguard. I personally would probably shoot for some sort of basket hilt style force field or something, since a secondary blade like Kylo Ren had wouldn't be effective at preventing another blade from sliding down toward my hand (even if the mini blade starts close enough to the main one to keep someone's blade from slipping past, there would constantly be cosmetic damage I'd have to either fix or put up with).

You could probably pull some interesting tricks out of epee or saber fencing since you really only need to touch your opponent to injure them, though we don't know how quickly or easily lightsabers can cut through flesh. At the very least, quickly tapping your opponent's wrist area would probably lessen their fighting ability rather noticeably, so cortosis-based gloves (or a canon equivalent) would be a good idea too.

Actually, long cortosis gloves and making the lightsaber's outer shell out of something with cortosis would solve a lot of the handguard-related problems, though not really as well as a proper handguard.

Obviously there would be some differences, since the blade is functionally weightless. I don't know enough about Rebels to be able to discuss the relevant levels of skill (at fighting or at force usage) of those characters.

>this guy
That's Matt Mothafuckin' Easton right there.

Well, Sabine's a mando child soldier from an imperial academy, and Ezra is a scrub street rat with a couple years of apprenticeship under his belt (but also he's pretty good with the force, especially Sense shit). Her family are legit mandos too, used to be on the side of Death Watch, so we should assume she knows what the fuck she's talking about.

She does get proficient over the course of an episode - but it does seem like canon is trying to say they're technically different skill sets.

Good rebels today.

Mandos mando'd, traitors talk shit get shot, Phantom II does an aileron roll. Sabine's family are kind of dickbags.

Rebels Recon also gave some interesting stuff, talking about how there might be as many as 1000 worlds in Mando space, unaligned with the Old Republic. Different clans and houses rule these worlds - Sabine's family has an entire shitty snowy planet as their stronghold.

>Different clans and houses rule these worlds
Someone get Stackpole on the line. Mandalorian Clan Invasion when?

God, I wish. The episode basically says there's gonna be another inter-clan war too.

>I'd be like X-Wing, but with Mandos and Fang Fighters instead of Rebels and X-Wings

Also, given names like Sabine, Ursa, Saxon, etc and talk about how they conquered other people who would become Mandalorian - I'm starting to think Mandalore used to be Space Rome.

Is SWTOR canon?

I'm playing through the agent storyline, and I've got mixed feelings. On the one hand, the general stuff is pretty great. On the other, the cult of revan is hilariously stupid.

He said "Imperial" ships. First Order radicals get out!

Non-canon.