Rifts - Palladium and Savage Worlds General

>WARNING - Violence and the Supernatural!

How would you describe the setting to a bunch of newbies?

"Like a heavy metal album cover come to life" or "Like every 90s cartoon cliche crammed into one universe"?

Also - apparently the "Sovietski" sourcebook is actually coming out soon, since they're selling a half-finished preview version - palladium-store.com/1001/product/891-RAW-Rifts-Sovietski-Raw-Preview.html

Other urls found in this thread:

heroforge.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rifts Thread Hard Mode: Discuss something besides how terrible the rules are, or how evil the Coalition really is.

>Discuss something besides how terrible the rules are, or how evil the Coalition really is.
Has anyone tried bringing over an OCC/RCC from another Palladium game into Rifts?

>How would you describe the setting to a bunch of newbies?
Like a post-apocalyptic version of the Gargoyles cartoon.

Yeah, shit's mostly compatible, you just have to remember to convert stuff from SDC to MDC and give them a chance to pick up stuff so their character doesn't get smeared immediately.

Oh I know user, I was wondering if anyone here had actually tried it in a game

A recent development in Robotech RPG Tactics. Carmen Bellaire, the guy who is now in charge of the upcoming Rifts Boardgame, posted in the kickstarter threatening the backers if they don't be nice about his kickstarter he'd hinder Wave 2 from going forward. In his words he'll "let it burn." If RRT backers help, he'd "do everything in his power" to get it moving again.

All that did is enrage backers, and as most of us have already written off Wave 2 as one Kevvy's Fever Dreams, I imagine the boardgame kickstarter is going to be a trollercoaster with a bunch of $1 pledges trolling the fuck out them.

Fucking shitbums.

do modules exist for this game? Besides the coalition wars book

top lel. Threatening his backers, how did he expect that to turn out?

Fresh humor, the backers were so mean to him that he got sick.

Throw US Manga Corps, 80s Saturday Morning cartoons, and Cannon Films into a blender.

I think Heroes Unlimited and Rifts would make for a stronger game if combined.

Current about 50XP into a Savage Rifts game and it's been a hell of a lot of fun. The party is currently trekking through the Vampire Kingdoms trying to get to Chichen Itza before a horrible apocalypse demon is unleashed on the world.

Sounds like what he was trying to say was taken the wrong way and then escalated and him getting frustrated by Jay D and maybe saying some things out of frustration.

It sounds like he hasn't been keeping up with the shit tsunami that is RTT at all, went to the comments and saw how everyone already says fuck his board game since its tied to Palladium and replied by offering them help and information if they stop shitting on his game and they took it as a threat of "if you don't help my game ill make sure you never get wave 2 mwahaha". regardless he should have stayed out of those comments and just kept to his own thing, its a kickstarter with miniatures, it would probably be backed 100% even if he never spoke a word about it.

I dunno, I have no intention of backing his game, but it if it ever sees the light of day ill sure buy the minis, the 3d sculpts actually look pretty good.

Like adventures? Yeah sort of, they are called Hook, Line and Sinkers, more like a draw to an adventure than a fully fleshed out one. And while I dont really read them Im pretty sure the Rifters are full of adventures. I know the one I picked up a few years ago seemed to have a Part 2 about a full black market related adventure.

Yeah its usually easy, a lot of SDC setting books have rules right in them for if the OCCs are in a megadamage dimension, also if its an older book then the conversion book might already have the stats for their Rifts counterpart.

The last thread a few days ago, despite having some of both those things was the most civil rifts thread ive ever seen on here.

Sovestski preview has been available for a long time now, I think the book just needed more art to be fully finished, I wouldnt say this under normal circumstances but I actually think that book may come out this year, since its pretty much done.

Godamn, I sometimes forget how metal that show was

You can actually play Rifts?

You can. You can even do it without converting it to another system.

Is "Heroforge" capable of doing decent Rifts Minis?

heroforge.com/

If you run it using Savage Worlds, sure.

For the price and quality I would say no, I would just find something cheaper thats just as "off" personally.

Like I think one of the Mantic Enforcers would make a perfectly good Combat Cyborg

Movies/TV shows that are Rifts as fuck?

Oh man I bet there are a lot.

Oh god what is that? That looks glorious.

A fantastic glimpse into the 80s via motion picture.

And here we have Captain Power

Some times real life can be a little Rifts-like too.

Man. Those things are NOT fun in Wargame.

Well, if your playing as NATO. They're HILARIOUS if you're the one firing them.

Man, that cover really spoke to me as an adolescent. Something about the asses on those ladies and how the Splurgorth just looks so high on life.