Worst campaign you have partaken in?

Worst campaign you have partaken in?

Democratic presidential 2016

It was a new DM, and we ran into a plothole fifteen minutes in. He got flustered, and that was game. I felt kinda bad for him, but was more annoyed because I had driven a long way to get there.

>implying this isn't the best possible timeline

It barely counts, but I tried to into a Tenra Bansho Zero play-by-post game on roll20. Had to get skype too, and I thought 'surely this will be good times with committed GM and player'

I got hype, made my characters, drew shitty art for my killercyborg regaining pacifist memories, sat down with another player to make an intro post of us meeting each other and becoming an unlikely duo and putting our characters into a horribly bad situation for us that would nonetheless be a perfect hook to introduce other characters. Basically us being 'kill on sight' minorities landing in a city square- but TBZ isn't advertised as 'careful level 1 D&D murderhoboing' it's supposed to be about getting in over your head and coming out on top because anime spiral energy and shit. This is in the mechanics, not just the fluff.

Anyway, GM finally shows up, retcons all our stuff because it wasn't dark and edgy enough. Well fine, he must have some other plot hook in mind to get the party together.

Note this has taken like 2 months at this point, but I'm trying to hang on to hope- I'm imagining the weeaboo adventures of my pacifist death-helicopter, my bro the oni monk who should be horrified by my blashphemous existence, the obligatory loli princess with a giant mecha and the obligatory 'human fighter getting too Chaotic Good for this shit.' There may have been a bug wizard healer who seemed cool too, but I felt like the group was a great mix of spirituality, humanity, magic, and tech, and weird blurring between them all.

Anyway the GM vanished after giving us intro posts full of vague bullshit that literally only led to the option of 'okay I try to get on to the city that we all thought we'd be starting in without prequel adventures, and I guess I'll try to say something profound and character-establishing about your vague non-sequitur that leads nowhere, and has no relation to either our character backstory OR your stated plot'

But that was the last we heard of the GM.

what a fucking asshole

I ran into the character limit but I just wanted to elaborate on the non-sequitur

For each character it was a colored chopstick literally falling from the sky. And then made up symbolism based on the color of the chopstick was thrown at us. Symbolism that was basically just 'Hmm something will happen in the future, perhaps... or... perhaps not...... hmmmmm.......'

The campaign lives on in my heart because it's a very unique sounding system and setting and I had fun doing dumb freeform shit with my Onibro, but to this day I have no idea what the hell went through my GM's head. Maybe it was just a case of 'shit, I bit off more than I can chew and am too insecure to admit my mistakes and put a graceful end to things'

I kinda suspect it was more along the lines of 'reeee this is an anime campaign and since I have watched Elfen Lied I know anime is DARK and EDGY and these moralfags don't understand what SERIOUS BUSINESS the campaign is, time to bail!'

>Pirate campaign
>Everyone is fairly thematically fitting
>Except for this one fucker
>"He's a psionic spirit possessing his own body and he doesn't have to eat or sleep and he can (etc etc etc)"
>Completely trivializes everything in true munchkin fashion
>In character, calls the ship's doctor creepy because he found out OOC that the doctor was secretly dissecting the dead bodies of defeated enemies for study
>Telekenetically chucked a party member an easily lethal distance into the air during what was supposed to be a friendly duel
>All the while the GM does almost nothing to stop him from doing this shit because he's the GM's bestie
>Campaign fizzles out because the rest of the players were getting tired of his shit

Haven't played with that GM or player since, and I'm having a much more enjoyable time with P&P games.

Glad to hear you escaped the tyranny of THAT GUY

That one makes me mad, because I can already imagine the greentext adventures of Coptermonk, Onibro, and Bug Wizard we will never get.
Fuck that GM.

>"He's a psionic spirit possessing his own body
This is the point I'd nope out. You are a more patient man than I.

I heard he was briefly a Kender assassin in another game with the same GM so that should tell you all you need to know.

I put up with it because I thought (foolishly, as I was new to games at the time) that if he ever got to be too much of an issue that I could get the captain to order his death since the captain owed me pretty hard, but it became increasingly apparent that even if the three other players+NPC crew ganged up on him he'd still easily win.

Friends came in from out of state. They decided to toke up. It's legal here.

Pothead man. Dumb motherfuckers.

The highschool teacher hadn't done it before. She took two. Completely tripping balls.
Baaaaaad night.

>giving your teacher two whole pots on her first time

Are you trying to make her OD?

The DM introduced it as "Any furry animal species can be played as an anthro playable race."
I should have been out way sooner. I played a human barbarian but literally every other character encountered was some sort of fursona.

If a GM says the word "furry" without prefacing it with "absolutely no," just run

I just recently left that group after being "banned" from their house. I broke my hand in a boxing accident and didn't get out much for a while, one of the people took decided that my lack of contact was a personal insult and they hate me now lol.
It was freeing but I haven't found a gaming group since.

i am about to play a game with a guardswoman that has pink hair so i am sure i am in for a ride

I've played so many heinous games that they all mush together in terms of awfulness. The absolute worst though has to be this:

>Only War
>GM begs of me to help get the players invested in the story
>the players themselves act like autistic children, laughing because the Ogryn acts like a Khornate cultist
>ten minutes in and I already hate the entire table
>back to base
>NPCs with their sole personalities being stupid accents talk about the plot
>it's "lol tyranids"
>the GM has NPCs flash their boobs to the roaring approval of the entire table
>next 4 hours is requisitions and talking about how awesome the equipment in the books is, punctuated with the disgusting faggot that plays the Ogryn burping every minute
>combat starts 5 hours in
>the entire fucking map is filled with close to 100 tyranids, each with its individual health
>excuse myself, block everyone, never return

Nothing wrong with that comrade

Jesus fucking Christ this sounds horrible
she is not playing Zarya though, she is literally playing a medic that never saw blood in her life and thinks she can be friends with everyone

>a medic that never saw blood in her life and thinks she can be friends with everyone
That could be great or awful.

I hope it goes well. I am not expectant.

>Started an only war game with a few freinds and some new players
>start them of gentle as most of the players have 0 knowledge of the 40k universe.
>the players talk about there characters and everyone seems to having fun
>then it's that guy's turn...
>"so I'm a orc sympathizer who spent a lot of time studying orc biology. I am also a pacifist.
>i ask is this public knowledge as he woud most likely had been killed a long time ago by an officer
>he gets pissy saying "i am controlling his creativity" so i say fine for now let's get Started

Had a couple year break, Wife's friend told us of a group in town looking for two people...

>DnD 5E
>DM has 20 years experience
>Players range from 15-45yrs of age
>Make Dwarf Thief, DM tells me to watch for half the game and we'll introduce character once they hit main city, sounds good.
>First five minutes...Pyromaniac elf ranger,
>Elf cleric who suffers from anxiety and likes to read books.
>Human Paladin who's transgender and fights for total equality.
>DM's Wife is Dwarf Cleric who pretty much just tells the DM what EVERYONE is doing, talks people down OOC for their actions every step of the way
>Human Bard, best friends with the Paladin both in game and out, who never shuts up the whole game
>Normal guy playing Gnome wizard, just come to enjoy some DnD
>Dwarf Barbarian, I'M A DWARF VIKING, SMASH, only words that ever comes out of mouth.
>Pic related, MFW listening to this.
>Wife's character is found in wild (Elf Druid)
>DM's wife pretty much just tells them about their epic quest to slay a dragon and you're gonna join cause DnD.
>Group heads to Tavern
>Group takes a short break, DM calls me over
>"Hey user I see you're playing a Dwarf Thief, and you put Neutral Evil for Alignment"
>Tell DM rough idea of character, Treasure hunting Dwarf, little on the rougher side.
>"Yea if you play you're character like this...It's not gonna work, I don't really like bad guys."
>Tell him to maybe let me play my character before we judge, get a sigh and "Whatever" goes and talks to his wife.
>Group gets back to table
>DM's wife walks up to me in-game, tells me that she can sense evil within me and that if I don't change my ways I'll have a short life.
>Banter back and fourth, tells me again of the epic quest to slay dragon, but only those pure of heart can join them and I must duel her.
>Level 1 thief vs level 5 Cleric, get rekt.
>Ask the DM if she can 'Clense' me. "Yep go ahead"
>Rolls to attack, "You're dead user, make a new character for next week."

>The game starts and the players are dropped onto a secedeing planet i didn't want to throw any nids at them early on so i just did a sort of crush the rebellion mission
>they sneak around the combat zone taking out munition bases ect. All the while the "pacifist medic" is cracking quips and saying how barbaric the other players are
>the unit commander is starting to get really irritated with this dude and warns him anymore outburts will result in punishment
>medic dude gets really upset and stands up saying he wont be bullyed and starts to look liken he will cry
>i try to calm the situation down and twll him it's part of the game and to relax
>later on the squad come across a rebel kid who runs off to warn a garrison but is hit by a convoy car trying to escape.
>player's dicide to try and save the kid vut the medic goes "lel i inject him with poisons i can synthase "
>the other players ask what the fuck is his problem he gets upset again and this time storms off

Needless to say he never came back

But why orc?
Tau, I could understand. Eldar might be pushing it but fine.
But orcs just fight and kill, hijack a new ship to do it all over again. What sympathies could you possibly have with them?

Of all the campaigns I've run, the worst was a game taking place in the (first-time) GM's homebrew setting.

He constantly railroaded and god-modded campaign events using time skips, and decided to make things "harder" by refusing to generate any loot of even remote value throughout the world, meaning we couldn't find or purchase any better equipment than we were given at the beginning of the main quest. We had no money, shit armor and bronze weapons in a setting that was meant to emulate a gothic medieval Europe, northern Africa and Near East.

He constantly bullshat lore that either wasn't in his documents or didn't make any sense as an excuse to fuck us over, made worse by the other players not reading said documents and thus having no fucking clue what was going on at any given time. All of this would have been enough, but the GM only further pissed me off by making excuses when I confronted him on it and claiming that "it's a free-form campaign" and "you can do whatever you want" despite his railroading.

I just killed off my character, and the party fell apart shortly thereafter.

yours.

I asked him if he has read any fluff on orks and he said it dodnt matter. They are misunderstood. Thats when the other player's said he would have been killed and he flips out saying " don't tell me what my PC has done!"

the day "evil" met actual evil

A fetish game for the DM, just me and one other player who thought it was hilarious and had fun.

>I run a game for a group of Game Finder players looking for GM
>start;
>Muahaha, each of you has been captured!
>Yeah, I wouldn't have been captured in that way. Me either.
>...fine, switch around. Now, Muahaha, each of you has been captured! Now, I will take you underground, there to undergo the rest of the adventure!
>We refuse!
>...I will hurt you until you agree to come!
>We refuse!
>...I will compromise and allow more favorable conditions since I'd rather not replace you!
>We refuse!
>....alright, fine, stay here then.
>Hey GM did he take our items with him?
>Erm, yeah. So for the head back-to-the-surface adventure I'm about to improvise you'll need to start from scratch in a sort of survival fashion-
>REEEEEEE WORST GM EVER TERRIBLE AT THIS FUCK YOU BYE

thanks user, i do hope i am wrong and the game goes smooth

To be fair, starting a campaign In medias res is never a good idea.

I've told the story before, but I can again, if people are interested in hearing it. It's a tale of a railroad plot that makes no sense whatsoever, bizarre Ilithids, actions demanded of us when we have no possible way of knowing what the consequences are, a DMPC who 'fellates the giver', and an ending speech delivered by a whacked out lunatic called "Disco Joe".

My first ever PnP game was a furry one, and it was pretty good, without any visible drama or weird sexual stuff.

On the other hand, I was about 9 years old at the time, and my older sister pulled me into the game, and knowing what I now know about furries, I sometimes wonder if she did so to pre-empt any weirdness.

Mine. GITS inspired, lots of reference files, made my own drawings of some setting and characters, we watched the movies again before starting the campaign, team was pumped.

I made them start as a small security company making small security and private investigation jobs for a while, with the intention to make them eventually be caught into a company ordeal and them snatching a Cyberbrain from the wrong people, so they would have to defend themselves and the 3 NPCs from their company who were aiding them.

They got bored the 4th session. I never felt so bad. I don't know what it was, but we got bummed and I never DMd again.

Ok, I'll admit that I laughed. Not proud, but I laughed.

>Worst game that I ever played in...had to be run by this guy named Shorty.
>Now, shorty was a nice enough lil dude. Had the "boyish" look going for him that girls like. Sadly, he's a damn weeb with Ash Ketchum levels of obliviousness when it comes to romantic shit.
>When he brushed off a date to come dm for some of our mutual friends, no one was particularly surprised.
>Generic PF game, level 4 because reasons. No limits on character creation, even allowed the flaw/feat crap.
>Ended up making a Jekyll/Hyde type character who deliberately played support instead of pumping out 30-50 damage per round so I would have a trump card when shit inevitably hit the fan. One arm, is a doctor by day. Nice guy.
>Other characters are Lizardfolk Paladin, Dwarf Monk, and a Human Archer I think?
>Just FYI, all of these guys have tried to GM before. All of them have flubbed it. One ended in the last remaining character being buried by pizza. One had us pitted against hordes of demons five times our CR. One got pissed to the point of quitting because we kited his paralyzing melee only undead. Etc.
>So, game starts. Gotta get to a village to help some folk, standard shit. Fight some fire beetles along the way. NBD.
>Get to the village.
>It's dead silent and there's a corpse pile in the middle of town. Roll intelligence on the wounds, see what could be the cause.
>It's a fucking CR 11 demon. I say to book it. Shorty sicks the demon on us, cue Scooby Doo chase scene.
>After we manage to escape, Shorty says "I nerfed it so you guys could fight it!"
>Curious, I ask to check what he nerfed. Cut its hp in half. That's it. Same attack bonus, saves, damage and abilities.
>Get back to main city, sleep off the trauma.
>Awaken to the fucking city sinking into the abyss. Forcefield around city because reasons. There's a voice booming throughout the air.
(CONT.D)

One of my friends is a competent enough GM except anything he runs is extrememly unengaging. He set up stories, plot hooks, combat etc fine it's just everything is so... dry.

>"YOU SHALL PARTAKE IN OUR GAMES. MUAHAHAHA!"
>The city is collapsing in uneven sections, Paladin says we need to help as many people as possible. We are all in agreement.
>Basically everyone we go to help ends up being crushed or flung away JUST before we arrive. Shorty sees we are a bit pissed.
>The one group of people he lets us save is...a troupe of 40 orphans.
>City finally crashes into the Abyss, and we are left to lead a shitload of kids and maybe a dozen adults to safety.
>A acid storm is on the horizon and the only shelter for miles is a gigantic cave over yonder.
>"COME, FOOLS. THE GAME BEGINS!" the voice is honestly laughable.
>We get in the cave, magic door shuts behind us. Cave is some horrible trap maze. Over the course of a half hour all of the adult survivors die and Archer gets a bit roughed up. Orphans are fine, though. Like, none of them rolled below an 18 to avoid traps.
>My character gets separated by a wall springing up from the ground. Shorty thinks he's about to score his first player kill, says I hear a minotaur coming down the hall. Have 2 rounds to say my prayers.
>Ok.jpg
>Take a fullround action to don my prosthetic arm, enter Jekyll mode (was something dumb like +4 STR/CON and +2 dex and some DR I think).
>Slaughter this thing in one round. Put my gear back in my case just before the party breaks through the stone wall.
>Out of character, Archer, Monk, and Paladin are losing their shit. Shorty wants me to justify my character's abilities. I walk him through it, it's all legal according to his rules.
>"Fine." the other players keep asking why I don't just use all of my Alchemists' power all the time. Why the facade?
>"I like to roleplay."
>End of the maze terminates in what can only be described as a subterranean colosseum.
>"AH, THE RATS HAVE ARRIVED!" there's a dude that looks like an incubus standing up in the viewing gallery. Goes on a long shpiel about how we may yet live if we survive the next trial.
(CONT.D)

My own

>"MY TWO FRIENDS AND I WILL BE WATCHING EAGERLY!"
>Giant Purple Worm erupts from the ground.
>Paladin and Monk make arousing battle speech, and the Shorty says the Orphans are now fearless little killers. They swarm the worm and kill it in 3 rounds, although all but 2 of the orphans perish.
>Enter the next room. The incubus rests alone in a lounge.
>Offers no explanation for abducting and destroying a city, says we earned our place as his servants.
>Paladin interrupts:
>"I don't wanna work for some friendless loser."
>"WHAT?"
>"You said you had two friends before. Not only do you not even have those, but you're a fuckin' liar too!"
>It was late. The entire table erupted in laughter, except Shorty of course. Archer said something genuinely funny but I cannot for the life of me remember it.
>"THEN PERISH."
>Party covers for Alchemist while he gets his gear on. Destroy demon boy in a few rounds. He was fully custom, and Shorty didn't think that a "demon lord" would have any Save or Die spells for some reason. Lucky us.
>Game petered out with the party looting the treasury and searching for these mythical two friends that the incubus mentioned.
>Shorty was pissed, said he didn't want to dm again.

Like. I understand being new to GMIng, but damn. At least have a basic grasp of rules and, idk, narrative before trying. It's not hard, it just requires a little more investment than a lot of rubes are willing to give.

Post your files in a dropbx or something I'd love to see them this game sounds sweet as fuck.

I was in a killer DM's campaign. Not the one who had us bring 3 characters at a time because it was so lethal. We knew what we were in for then. No, the one where the DM forced us to use the Good Hits And Bad Misses chart from Dragon 37 and every 20 had a good chance of making a limb fall off. Swarms of weak monsters were suddenly terrifying and characters retired left and right because one random 20 and they were down an arm. The longest lasting character ended up with two peglegs, a hook, an eyepatch and no balls.

Will do, but I need to find a scanner and texts are in Italian. Still interested?

Well, it doesn't sound THAT bad, I mean, at least sounds like you had fun, user

>goydamnit if onley borny sonders could've won
>drumpf is a naazi and he's gonna shoah us again oy vey
Sorry my family have been bashing Trump all week and I'm dog tired.
kike

not him, but i'm italian and i'm interested.

I like hearing Only War stories. Anyone else got any?

>Party gets sent into a dungeon to rescue the princess from gremlins and their ooze pets
>Dungeon is all curves, no edges
>Halls have circular cross-section, branch into porous dead ends
>On occasional a loud gurgling echoes through the corridors
>Tidal bores of acid, sometimes eliminate gremlins, nearly kill party
>Oozes are found fighting each other
>Sorcerer finds a strange room full of vanilla-colored branches
>Party touches them
>Discover that the dungeon is the princess' insides
>Her gluttony has made her a massive threat to the kingdom, moreso when the parasitic gremlins goad her brain into eating everything
>BBEG is a gremlin alchemist named Rikkar Simmits

Disgusting. I'm sorry that happened.

Ok. Appena torno a casa scanno tutto e faccio un thread

wheres your problem, that sounds cool

>filename

Pathfinder society