/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Post Season Bender Edition

Veeky Forums fumbbl league Season 7 signups have begun, with a generous period for admissions, PM MauledbytheTigers on fumbbl to participate.

Veeky Forums secret league in is round three.

Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition has been announced with an expected release for this summer.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules implemented on fumbbl, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition:
mega.nz/#!5oZ1wRQZ!C4ksVQ_bEKIeA07EBKN0Q2LWOAsrgpHEiG_BND0nO2s
And the Deathzone Season 1 Supplement:
mega.nz/#!ktBllQAa!mHZskvUvvDISY2YE11O9Sedths12M4d2wuGXV2R8YD4

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums STALL League:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10591

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=940284
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=940310
scentofagamer.wordpress.com/2017/02/12/beastmen-teams-for-blood-bowl/
fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=940506
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=940626
elyoukey.com/sac/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, what are you planning to bring to rookies this season?

I'm bringing Maximum Marvelous Maiden to Vets this season, even though I am probably gonna get eviscerated by Quickslithers or something, since I heard they were going to Vets. I also need to go write some more on their page since I have neglected to do that for so long.

Rookie lizards for me

Not rookies, vets.

Welcome to the suffering in the vets! I'll bring "Gutter go fast!" back for a season up in the high TV matchup.

We'll see if Shedew's sunglasses will break and if Sanic and his friends survive the onslaught of BASH by doing outright skaven bullshit :^)

Also, prepare for memes 'n shit as always

Is there anyone like bigGuy is for khemri? Like bigGuy is the definitive khemri player and writes the best guides to them. Is there anyone who is like this for any other teams?

Hi penis13.

Hi penis13.

เ pǝηƧ1.

The fuck is this about?

You'll learn with experience.

I don't want to, spoonfeed me.

Sas is one of the top khemri players

Was this supposed to make me get it?

Which big guys are actually worth taking? Just had an awful game against a chaos pact team with all three of theirs and got stomped every turn by their minotaur (which I'd initially assumed would be the weak link in team due to AV8 and wild animal), just goring the fuck out of my dudes with blitzes all day long.

Stunty teams need their big guys to function, even if they are not that good.
Beast of Nurgle, Krox and human Ogre are all decently good and fit the playstyle. Chaos pact is kind of a special case obviously.
The ones that are probably not worth are Chaos/Chorf Minotaur and the Tree.

Tree makes more sense than the rogre

Rogre costs the same price as 3 line rats has wild animal and only av8

Tree costs only 120 which is less than the price of 2 elves. A little bit more than the price of a blodge elf. Tree has av 10 and st 6 so he is going to significantly reduce the amount of attrition a wood elf team takes on LOS blocks and is the only player on the team who can get grab on a singles for help 1 turning

The tree can also lose you the game by rolling both downs on a 3d block :^)

I legitimately forgot about Rogre. But still - any team that is remotely tryhardy will take neither.

Tryhards take trees all the time though. Like there is a specific 1 reroll NAF build just to take the tree

penis13 please.

nurgle beast, kroxigor, ogre on human team, on chaos pact you only really want one of them once you're developed. all stunty big guys. warpstone troll, rat ogre is ok in short leagues if you get him break tackle. yeti i'd only get in short leagues.

Wild animal is the best big guy trait, since you don't lose tackle zones.

For everything else, put guard on them, and make them stand around. If you don't move them, they don't lose their tackle zones.

Beast of Nurgle is fantastic because of tentacles. Give them guard and stand firm and they are hell on wheels for the enemy LoS.

problem with the tree is that take root is the worst negatrait in the game. roll a 1, and he's useless for the rest of the drive unless you push people next to him

>Wild animal is the worst big guy trait,

FTFY

Newbie here. Played some 3rd edition back in middle school like 15 years ago and remember liking Lizardmen best , but haven't played since then and am interested in trying any race until I find the ones I enjoy the most now. Any recommendations for newbie leagues or mentoring programs/leagues? I like Blood Bowl 2, but have no problem using Fumbbl as well.

Lizards are still the most op team

Yes, join our league. Get help by playing people in IRC and shit

FUMBBL has a 145 Club that is designed for new coaches if you want.

>Wild animal is the best big guy trait, since you don't lose tackle zones.

Yeah, but as soon as you get knocked down you're needing a 4+ to just stand back up unless you waste your blitz on them. Combined with loner that's REALLY bad.

Bonehead ~= Wild Animal > Really Stupid > Take Root
If you disagree you are objectively bad at Blood Bowl

Kroxigors being the same price as Ogres is bullshit. Fuck lizardmen.

Killer Stadium vs. RPG Maker Rampage at fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=940284

In starting up a lizardmen team and I want to have 3 Re rolls.

I liked the full line up of 1 kroxigor, 6 saurus, 4 skinks, and 2 Re rolls. But 2 Re rolls hurts. And losing the skinks is a death sentence.

My other option is 6 saurus, 5 skinks, and 3 Re rolls plus some fan factor or extra gold. That gives me all of the saurus, and a ton of high AV/MA/S but no big guy.

The other option is 4 saurus, a kroxigor, and 6 skinks with 3 re-rolls. I was told by the guy that started our local league that this was more optimal. Keeps a ton of ball running skinks on the field, and has more s4+ on the field than most armies anyways.

I'm just worried about how few saurus I have. Ill have to get the skinks in there to help support blocks and ill be outnumbered with linemen easily.

Use the 2 reroll build

>losing the skinks is a death sentence.
Losing the skinks doesn't matter, you literally get more for free.

>objectively bad at Blood Bowl

No, I'm not.

You need to blitz (and you rarely can afford losing 1/3 of your blitzes to WA) to reliably even move a WA and standing up can be a nightmare. Keeping tacklezones is the only good thing about WA, otherwise it would be worse than RS, probably even worse than TR.

The real list should look like this:

Bonehead > Wild Animal ~= Really Stupid > Take Root

really stupid might as well just be bonehead. if you're so out of position you can't help your troll up you're losing anyway.

Sexy Sluts vs Weeaboos coming up right now
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=940310

Is having only 2 Re rolls not that bad? I assumed since the Re rolls are 160k after team creation that having more at the start is what you should go for, and to build up to the team you want

It's worse than not having a krox/sauruses.

>I assumed since the Re rolls are 160k after team creation

They're 60k at team creation then 120K afterwards.

Very good point. I'm not sure what team can pull off 7 s4+ players outside of chaos. But chaos gets starting abilities, and linemen that can actually handle the ball.

Lizards literally dont need to buy anything else though. Its just buy apo, buy 3rd reroll and then maybe go up to 12 mens

Chaos gets no starting skills to speak of, and there's no other team that can get more than 6 players with 4+ ST without stat-ups.

> 1/3
My mistake, that should have been 1/6 (+2). I always get that wrong, but the point stays.

>chaos
>7 s4+

I think you meant lizards, unless I've missed something important in the past few days.

I'm not sure how many chaos warriors you can squeeze in a list, but with higher agility than saurus, and the Blitzer goats can go to S4.

I guess I can be ok with just 4 skinks and 2 Re rolls. An apothecary is the same as a skink, right? 40-60k? So it would be beneficial for the saurus, but the skinks are easily replaceable.

Alright guys - what I need to start playing Blood Bowl? I'm totally newbie, know literally nothing about the game. What should I buy to start, what is the cost of average team, is there any way to keep it budget? Also what about Blood Bowl future? Will the game see any AoS-related changes?

Try and split a box of the game (it's £65) with a friend if you can for all the stuff in the box you'll actually need to play (pitch, templates, dice, rules, etc.) as well as the two teams inside (orcs and humans, although both have suboptimal team composition desu). That, or ebay the pitch, etc. separately if you don't plan on playing either team in box.

The teams they've released separately have both been £20, which is really decent pricing by GW standards. Or you can just convert other models into BB teams (GW have actually put out videos of conversion ideas).

League rules (earning XP, long term injuries, etc.) require you to get the Death Zone book on top of that.

The 2016 rules have changed very little from the online Living Rulebook, so you can use that (it's in the OP) to learn the rules.

The starter set gets you everything you need to play one off games between two teams.

If you want to play other teams, some of them are contained in the Deathzones supplement which you can find in the OP, the others are in the Teams of Legend errata which is free on GW's website I believe. Deathzones also includes rules for extended league play and team progression.

The GW teams are actually the budget-iest out there, $35 USD getting you 12 models, cards, and other bits. Most third party teams are closer to $60 to $70. The caveat here is that so far only one of the GW teams come with everything you'd want for that team (dwarfs) while the rest would either require buying a second team set or hunting down the figures you want second hand. Also given that GW has only recently got back into the business of making BB models, the official selection of teams is a bit sparse right now, but they're putting them out at a decent pace (basically a team every other month so far).

>emember liking Lizardmen best , but haven't played since then and am interested in trying any race until I find the ones I enjoy the most now. Any recommendations for newbie leagues or mentoring programs/leagues? I like Blood Bowl 2, but have no problem using Fumbbl as well.

Join IRC, several of the regulars are happy to help/

Well, Orks look neat and starter set stuff would be useful so it looks like only reasonable option. What items from starter set are unsplittable? One of the player will need to find an extra rulebook, a card pitch, range ruler, scatter template and throw-in template? I missed something?

Yep, you covered it. Rulebook's not much of a problem, it's got a low page count and you can find .pdfs easily enough.

You may need another set of the special play cards, but they're for the most part optional.

Just heard the news, legendary edition finally looks to justify the price, so I'll be picking that up. Meanwhile, time to re-learn how to job by joining the rookies league.

I hope not, not in the close future. They need to flesh properly the original teams that made the charm of blood bowl. THEN, we may speak of Age of Sigmar flavoured teams, thouh stormcasts are just humans beneath the armor so eh... maybe kairic acolytes/tzaangors?

What's a good starting line up for Chaos Dwarves? I like their hats and want to give them a go. Is the minotaur worth taking, as I've seen a few people in this thread going on about how bad wild animal is?

Never take Minotaur. Chorfs don't need or want it.
2 Bulls
5 Chorfs
4 Hobgoblins
3 Rerolls
Save up for Apo and another Chorf

Awesome. Thank you.

Ok, so let's say I would pick a starter set and find all these extra tools for human player. What should be our next step? Are these teams in need to be supplemented by second starter set?

Well, I wrote a nice post in response but Veeky Forums thinks I'm posting spam. If this reply goes through I'll try again momentarily.

You just need to get the models your team is missing from the starter sets (for instance, humans want 4 blitzers but only get 2 in the box, and they often like to take the Ogre but that hasn't been released yet, though it will be soon). That's it, the game is very low investment unless you want to own a bunch of different teams at once.

For continued play, try experimenting with the rules for perpetual play against your buddy, or try to go the distance and start a small league with a few people who are interested. Even just 4 people can play a short season and get a feel for the team development and matchups.

Someone made a Beastmen team that was published in a Games Workshop magazine in the 90's and has updated it for BB 2016, thoughts?

scentofagamer.wordpress.com/2017/02/12/beastmen-teams-for-blood-bowl/

Pretty shit team.

Seems decent, dunno about those prices though. And the access is wonky for being pricey.

It is odd that the Gors don't have S access on normal and no mutation for Ungors.

Seems like better ball-playing Chorfs who can get M access on their Bull Centaurs.

But no wall of pain block Dwarves to help them starting out.

Chaos with decent movement, nice.

You can get a 2 Ungor, 5 Gor, Bestigors and Centigors start with 2 rr and no apo.

Wouldn't be too hard to run, only use the Centigors for your Blitzes as they can Jugger through a bad block roll so long as it's not dubskulls.

minotaur is hit or miss, wild animal means the mino will always always be blitzing which makes him predictable but chorfs don't really have anything else they want to blitz with

some coaches love minos
some hate minos

if you're a cautious player you will probably skip the mino

especially since chorfs are very TV hungry, 70k RRs and dwarf blockers aren't cheap

It's hard to fit a mino with everything else you want

fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy for all your starting lineup needs

for example if you want a minotaur you have to drop both bull centaurs or drop a lot of dwarf blockers

so you mean it's no better than bonehead but in some situations it's objectively worse than bonehead?

Good to know

>waste your blitz with your highest ST piece

you mean use your blitz, right user?

if a pact or an ogre team is hitting on sixes (ie not rolling 1s) they can just blindside even the best coach

each big guy is about as worth it as the coach thinks he is wroth it.

Trolls are theoretically the best big guys because of how cheap they are, they're just not on orc teams because they don't need extra strength due to 4 bobs, ditto for chaos and their minotaur.

Kroxigors happen to be the "best" big guy because they're on a high strength team where you want as many non-skinks on the pitch as possible, so you always have a kroxigor.

The wood elf treeman is another special needs victim where it's the same price as a wardancer except the treeman doesn't have any synergy with the welfs. HOWEVER it's statistically proven through fumbbl's black box data that welfs with treemen take a lot less casualties than normal welfs, so in a league you probably want a tree.

The norse snow troll (yehtee, whatever) is also especially good because it starts with claw which can be absurd in some matchups.

I would probably rate the dwarf deathroller for being the absolute worst big guy because secret weapon can be really really really really bad, especially since 11 dwarves are really strong, and losing even one makes their low MA gameplan much harder to execute.

Khemri mummies are also really good, same with undead mummies

Yea people don't typically talk about Mummies and Tomb Guardians in the same breath as the rest of the S5 players due to no "true" negatrait.

Really stupid IS objectively worse, than Bonehead.

Really Stupid is like a conditional Bonehead, on the condition that you have a buddy around.

By comparison, Wild Animal always works like unassisted Really Stupid, except for blitzing and blocks, where it's a Bonehead. It would be objectively worse than Really Stupid, if not for the fact that it keeps its tacklezones.

Keeping tacklezones isn't a huge perk, when you can't move (e.g. Take Root) or can't stand up, but under the right circumstances and with proper use (blitzes) Wild Animals can be almost as good as Boneheads, and so can Really Stupid (assists).

Overall, Boneheads are the most reliable big guys. Every other big guy negatrait is either worse or barely equals it, and even then only under the right circumstances.

>your blitz is always best used by your highest strength piece every turn, no exceptions

That aside, if you're having to use your blitz on a knocked down piece just to stand it up, yeah that's pretty wasteful.

Decay big guys are easily the most reliable ones
You dont have to deal with a dice roll for literally everything they do and the decay never becomes relevant in tournament play

>Vampires will never be a competitive team

Those are not big guys

Except Decay players aren't really big guys.

All real big guy players come with 5/5/2/9 (by default), Loner, 1 Negatrait (Bonehead/Wild Animal/Really Stupid/Take Root) and either Mighty Blow or Claw.

ST5 players like Tomb Guardians (which got Decay) and Mummies are in fact +ST blockers.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=940506
Sekrit - Empire of Nevendaar vs. A Plague of Rats

1:0 for Brets

>but chorfs don't really have anything else they want to blitz with
yeah they get cpomb blockers just for fun and have 9 ma st 4 players just to have fun running around the field.

is BT a decent first skill on a bull you intend to run with the ball? Usually in games it seems I'm always forced to make that single dodge with the bull.

Break Tackle is alright, you want it first or second. The other skill you want is Block, so it is personal preference, how you play, and the teams you expect to face. I personally would go block since it is safer, but BT can help in different situations.

Posted in /wip/ yesterday, working on some themed boards and a couple of homebrew rules. Starting with Lustria flat board, 1/2

And as a 3D mock-up showing the tiered outer lanes, 2/2

Beautiful

l

>chorfs don't really have anything else they want to blitz with
Nigga, they have two pieces with 4STR and essentially 9MA, what are you smoking?

What is the best way to try BB if I'm not having a tabletop game? Which digital version is the best physical game port? Also are there any useful apps and digital tools for physical version?

Jet Set Radio vs Minimum Mundane Man

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=940626

Thanks mate

>What is the best way to try BB
fumbbl
>Which digital version is the best physical game port?
fumbbl
> Also are there any useful apps and digital tools for physical version?
elyoukey.com/sac/

>A Vampire that has rolled a 1 on his Blood Lust roll consider his hunger sated if, as a result of a block made by him, an opponent player is set prone on the field or he's removed from the field

or

>After having completed moved or blocked with an hungry vampire, but before passing, handing off or scoring (if this was the action they wanted to use), you can move a thrall so that he enters the tackle zone of the hungry vampire before the Blood Lust skill completes its effect

Would either of this make Vampire a competitive team?

Jet Set Radio vs Minimum Mundane Man

ends 1-0 in favor of the nurgle

nurglites scraped by in the bloody diarrhea cup