Warhammer Fantasy General

Fantasy General: Bretonnias makes for beat waifus edition.

>Previous Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, lore, Crunch - INCLUDING WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Fuck! That was supposed to be best waifus*!

Gotta keep them damsels in line user.

I'll beat it to your waifu any day of the week.

No one puts out like Chaos girls.

>awesome model and rules
>hugely expensive

No thanks.

>tfw you have to explain the bruises on your royal countenance to the ladies at court that you merely walked into your chamber door

my heretic

>Bretonnias makes for beat waifus edition.
>beat waifus

I heard they were culturally backward but this is ridiculous.

bretonnian units being showcased on twitch tv/sega

Dismounted Greatsword Squires, Demi god Grail Knights, Lance formations, Knight Errants and Questing Knights its fricken amazing!

So guys, I've found about about The Army Project.

I've seen some of their codex, and they seem solid. Anyone else here has playtested them?

The demonym for a person of Bretonnia isn't gender specific.

Male and female are both 'Bretonnian(s)'.

Reminder that you will never play Climax's Warhammer Online.

It's just the style of the timeperiod.

That looks like runescape

Well, it's from 2004.

That makes me sad. It was going for a better artstyle than the WoW one.

True that. The role-playing elements and combat were also lifted straight from WFRP, judging from interviews with the developers.

let's not get too nostalgic for a game that wasn't even released.

>thread dead because all the oldfags are sperging out in AoS threads
What's their endgame? Do they think if they bitch about it enough, their collected autism will spawn a chaos god of manbabbys that will shove that sigmarine sculpture up kirbys ass and force GW to bring back fantasy to the exact specifications of their nostalgia and headcanon? Jesus Christ, its not hard to avoid material you don't like

.... ok?

Grognards gonna grog.

>looking at AoS threads
I see the problem here.

Who says they have an endgame? Or even that they don't just want GW to burn?

I can't help it. When I was a kid, I bought a computer and had my parents install a second phone line in sheer anticipation of this game. And it never came.

>striking a lady

This violates sacred chivalry!

> When your 6th edition army book has completely emasculated you as a Bretonnian and you take your frustrations out on your local Damsel.

Because that was the promotional material it was also probably considerably better looking than the final product as well.

>being a literal white knight
Did Bretonnians get a new unit I don't know anything about? As if

that sounds like quite a bummer, but when I think back on all the things I got hyped for as a kid/teenager, It's quite depressing.

just cheer up that now we get a flood of decent Warhammer vidya.

Anyone here getting Slambo?

It literally does break their code, though.

>H-hey honey, how was the fight against the Empire?
>It was horrible, it was a fucking slaughter! We used blessings and everything, but nothing worked! We are nothing now!
>P-please, don't raise your voice like that, it scares the baby-
>Fuck the baby! And fuck you for not bringing me a better wine! What cheap swill...do you even know what I have to go through, you stupid bitch? I go out there every battle knowing that I'm just going to die! Merde, why can't you be a better spellcaster?! Are you fucking one of those Men-at-Arms you're always hanging around with?!
>P-please, just take off the gauntlet, merci, I'm sorry-
>I am going to make you sorry, by the fucking Lady!

>The Imperials are just trying to ignore the domestic abuse and are making off-color jokes about 'Bretonnian backwardness' to try and laugh it off.
>The Dwarves are putting 'striking a woman' in their grudges but aren't going to do anything about it.
>The High Elves are pitying the younger races for being so cruel, but are too arrogant to do anything.
>The Dark Elves are masturbating furiously.
>The Orcs and Goblins are worried and confused, like a dog that was told was going to be walked today but the Bretonnians are busy not-fighting.

>Dismounted Greatsword Squires

What? What is this? Tell me more. Last time Squires existed, they were longbow users. I still kind of want more elite archer units - are there going to be any of those?

Have a blurry stream image
They're basically worse Empire greatswords, statswise, as might be expected.
Apparently there are some different peasant archer variants but those haven't been shown off yet

Well, I'm glad of the variance at least, trips. I would have preferred some two-handed axe users, but in the end that's just a petty complaint. Now Bretonnia has some infantry units that might be able to hold in a fight, and that's good - and they don't look half bad, all things considered. Could be themed as dismounted Questing Knights.

I'll be excited for those elite archer units. Here's hoping Bretonnia gets well-rounded.

Read this post.

But now the Brets have trebuchet that throws magic projectiles among other stuff.

Anybody know where I can get some Square based for Chaos Warriors? I've got some AoS models that I'd like to rebase, so I can play both games. So far I have 10 already on Squares, and a Exalted Hero on a Square base, along with two Sorcerers. What I need to rebase is 10 more warriors, 5 knights, a Chariot, a Daemon Prince converted from left over bits and a WM warjack, and hopefully I'll have a good start.

I'm not fully happy with everything - I wish there was more room for Bretonnian infighting, I feel that's something that's been missing from the fluff in a lot of ways - but all in all, it seems like good choices are being made.

Probably archers with fire. Maybe stakes. And then the one that costs unreasonable high that is a combination of both.

So, are you folks going to convert the new units that the Brets are going to get to the tabletop?

Ever tried googling it?

I have, but most of the places I find are either over priced, or are ugly slabs of plastic.0i

also, bretonnia will have a chivalry bar, kinda like the grudge bar for the dwarfs.

Games Workshop still sell all the square/rectangular bases.

Some may be cheaper but you'll probably be talking about pennies.

Would anyone have a problem with me using AoS models in my Warriors of Chaos army?

I'd like to use two of these as Sorcerers of Tzeentch and a Varanguard model as a Lord on Daemonic mount.

Some Hippo-gryph Knights would be cool but who plays Brets for the peasants? These new variations are needed to balance them in the vidya, I like them but I don't care enough for build any/buy historicals for them.

No one will have a problem but the Varanguards are way way out of scale, even for a Chaos Warrior. He may look a bit weird.

I haven't seen one in person yet but I was planning on using it as a Lord and putting him on a 50x50 base in a unit of Knights.

None sane, can't speak for the insane.

It might work but he may be a squeeze even a 50mm.

As long they are the right style and scale it's perfectly fine with me.

>I wish there was more room for Bretonnian infighting

In the WFRP supplement on Bretonnia, it's often suggested that nobles back-stab in an effort to gain more land and power. Sometimes one noble will induce the peasant to rebel in a competing noble's province, for example.

Doesn't WHFRP 2e have a corruption mechanic? I could have sworn it did but a situation arose where I intended to apply it and looked through the books and couldn't find anything

>2017
>still no Warhammer Fantasy CRPG

They'll also fight small wars over...well, anything, really. Lyonesse is famous for this, apparently.

Speaking of scale, does anyone have any of the Kairic Acolytes? I wanted to use them as Marauders with Mark of Tzeentch.

This is sad

What's wrong with it? (besides being half a model mirrored, keeping the tradition!)

Instead of paying omage to the old a la harry the hammer, they just lazily remade an old goofy model without any of the charm of the original for some quick sheckles, it's lazy.

Speaking of good old Harry, there's a WIP mod for medieval 2 called Beginning of the End Times that's giving models to all sorts of characters from Warhammer Fantasy.

On one hand it's kinda the poor man's Total Warhammer, but on the other it's probably the most comprehensive Warhammer Fantasy game out there.

Who the fuck does GW get to paint their models for advertising? It's always the same hideous glossy pastels.

Why do I worry so much about Total Warhammer getting Bretonnia wrong, when I'm not even sure what it would take to get them right?

The BB Dorfs' paint scheme is vomit-inducing.

Because I think we've all wanted to see the neglected Bretonnians get an expansion for so long now.

I'm trying to get my hands on the Archeon: Lord of Chaos book but the link in the pastebin isn't working and google isnt coming up with much, anyone have any ideas?

>orcish skyships

call it a day, lads

civilisation is over

in this case I believe it's a deliberate nod to the studio paintjob

It's a little better than the drybrush+ink wash of 'eavy metal classic, though

Where can I learn more about Oldhammer characters?

>If you could go back in time and do 1 thing what would it be?

I would go buy really cheap GW minis.

download old books
download old white dwarves
find an oldhammer forum and talk to grogs
meet a grog in the wild and ask him about oldhammer

Pick me up some footknights while you're at it.

>buy shares in GW
>refuse to let them cut funding for Warhammer Online

honestly the real cost is the shields

I need to get 6 or so heater shields for some classic models, but just one of these sprues is silly pricey.

The one everyone here is into but was apparently never released or the shitty WoW version?

The one that was never released, of course.

The one they did release is balls.

Hate to suggest something like this but what if they did and it was more shit than age of reckoning?

It's probably not an orc skyship.
The bad moon and evil sun motifs are just one of Blanche's things that became attached to the orcs eventually.

I like those deer-dog mounts though. It's that kind of stuff that made me not mind the demigryphs.

That doesn't seem possible from what I've read about it. It was basically WFRP Online. But I guess I should just assume it would have been shit for peace of mind.

We already have a modernised Slambo though.

> Orcish skyships vs. Marienburg landships

Truly a battle of the ages.

There's no easy way except reading first to third edition sourcebooks. Luckily we have a complete collection in the thread.

And it looks much better than the lazy one

I was following it for the longest time as well, and I was gutted when it was cancelled.

But looking back on it, I think it was inevitable. It was very ambitious. And ambitious games have a habit of disappointing.
I'm not saying I'm glad it was cancelled, but I think it's a mistake to assume it would have been as incredible as you imagine it could have been.

Does anyone know if Blight Knights would fit on 25mm bases as chosen?

Yeah, some of the proposed features seemed like they were just doing it because they could. And they spent time on those superfluous things instead of developing the core game. Things like permanent injuries, seasonal weather conditions, seasonal animal populations, enemy armies laying sieges, etc. etc.

Man, just make a functioning game before you worry about all that shit.

So just what the hell is the deal with the Bloody Grail? Who is the Lady that bears it - does she even exist, considering she appears in dreams? Was this cup the one Malfleur claimed was the Grail, and does it predate her?

Get some Fireforge shields from a bit site?

Just looked a little more into it. I need that game now...

Anyone here excited for the Nippon release?

I almost feel like writing up a properly warhammery cathay supplement. None of this 'historical china + mythological units' shit. Proper weirdness.
Fat eunuch vampires, opium, celestial wizards with big wonky brass telescopes and strips of parchment nailed to people's foreheads.

Less Romance of the Three Kingdoms and more Big Trouble in Little China.

I always though of Nippon and Cathay as like the Empire, where 80% of its army is somewhat historical.

Yeah. I've always found fan lists a bit dry though.
I suppose it's because the background is practically nonexistent (beyond 'historical china') and the art is just generic.

What they need is something specific - places, dates, culture, political structure, magic tradition and the like - and an artist to give it some life.

Yeah they have a lot of potential and in an RPG setting the limits the sky.

I was thinking of picking up some of Warlords feudal Japan range for small skirmish games set in Warhammer, since the Empire and the East would hardly ever meet it's a good setting for smaller games.

Plus I don't want to paint like 100 spearmen and then have somebody say they won't play me because it's not an official army book.

>way way out of scale

This. Fuck GW for doing this. Was it really too hard to keep miniatures at more-or-less the same scale as the ones you made before?
I still like what they do with large monsters, but my infantry/cavalry/characters are 95% non-GW these days.

I think there's a lot of things that you can take from historical China for an interesting setting, partially because there's so much shit that people just don't know about. Most of it will feel unique and exotic.

All you have to do is sprinkle some fantastical shit on top, and it'd be good. Like maybe having them make a deal with a dragon, who gave them enough of his vast knowledge in order to make sure their Emperor was always strong (thanks to magical training and artifacts, anyone who takes the throne is a strong spellcaster), and there's an exam system in place available to just about everyone with any magical aptitude, to help them learn to master one of the winds of magic, in essence giving them something similar to the Empire's College of Magic rather than like Bretonnia or Kislev. Maybe they've had some contact with High Elves, or at least some warring with Dark Elves.

>Was it really too hard to keep miniatures at more-or-less the same scale as the ones you made before?
It's probably intentional.
They did it with LotR to keep the lines separate. I imagine they decided to implement it subtly into AoS to encourage people to buy the new stuff rather than just stick with their old models.

I miss the old 6th edition Dogs of War list. That was so generic you could use it for just about anything and still be perfectly legal rules-wise.

Question, but can Lizard men dino's be raised from the dead?

They won't fit on 25s and they certainly won't rank up.