Mortasheen

Now that we have all the monster categories more or less "done" in that they all have enough monsters for a base release, how many more years do you think we'll have to wait for until the game comes out?

Never heard of Mortasheen before. Would you mind summarizing?

Pokemon meets Cronenberg (with splashes of Giger, Lovecraft, and John Carpenter)

the setting can be basically be summarized like this:

in the far future, earth has become very different.In fact, the planet has gone through not one, but around 7-12 different apocalypses. From the wreckage arose a society of "humans" who's lives revolve around bioengineering upon a supercontinent known as Mortasheen. They've created a variety of artificial horrors to preform basically any task, from living washing machines to lizards with wasp hives for eyes to living diseases that can coalesce at will.

In strict opposition to the mutants and other freaks that live in Mortasheen is Wreath, the last worthwhile society of pure humans with hyperadvanced technology constantly attempting to rid the world of what they view as aberrant filth, and in general being HFY as fuck.

Sounds a little... bland if the Good vs Evil paradigram is just THAT blatant.

most of the setting seems to focus on feuds within Mortasheen's basically lawless surface, with Wreath just being a rather large faction.
Of course, we can't know for certain since the game isn't actually out yet, but from what we know that's what it appears to be.

Yeah from looking it seems mostly about the monsters.

Wreath may just end up being crazy unnegotiable threats to deal with.

We'll never ever know. I think Bog has said he is close like 5 times.

I do wish that Bog was a little more open about info with the game.
It would be nice if we knew more then nothing.

It's less "good vs evil" and "biotech/transhumanism/anarchism vs AI-robotics/unaltered-humans-with-hyperadvanced-tools/I'm-sorry-Dave-this-is-all-just-too-fuckin-weird".

You see, the author is a huge SJW, so he actually thinks the degenerate mutants are the good guys.

we're all aware. there's no need to start a discussion that's been repeated a thousand times already.

I agree that it shouldn't be discussed here, but there's not really much to discuss about mortasheen either.

Bog has recently made a new mortasheen related drawing on his patreon, and others too, but I have no idea when its happening because the studio he is relying on hasn't posted anything on facebook for a year.

He can make as much art as he wants, but nothing will change until that damn studio says something.

You're right, but for the wrong reasons. The author makes the mutants the good guys because he literally has autism and is creepily obsessed with creepy creeps.

>The author makes the mutants the good guys because he literally has autism and is creepily obsessed with creepy creeps.

I mean, it's sort of a chicken and egg problem. he's on the wrong side for all the wrong reasons, who cares which one came first or is more important?

>mutants
>the wrong side

He's wrong about the reasons why Bog likes mutants, but he is right about him being a SJW sadly.

>he's on the wrong side
>the wrong side
go back to your HFY threads pureblood

One thing to note is that I've never seen an actual playtest or... any actual freaking rules for the setting. Sure, Bog's art has been around for ages, and he's done a fair amount of writing for it, but I've never see anything that actually describes how these freaks of un-nature are supposed to function.

Get ready to die like the filth you are, mutants.

Didn't he go on an MRA tirade over Mad Max?

Barring a number of heavy-handed allegories in Awful Hospital and some of his older comics, Bogleech is surprisingly good at separating his politics from his work. What he happily wears on his sleeve, however, are his opinions on "cute" animals and humans, especially on how they compare to ugly monsters and abominable things.

Just avoid his tumblr basically.

>Genezoa
>Abiozoa
>Arthropoids
>Vampirics
>Botanicals
>Ectosaurs
>Zombie Spawn
>Jokers
>Unkown
>Devilbirds
>Biomecha
>Wormbrains
>Fectoids
>Garbage
Which is your favorite and why?

Jokers, because the idea of a giant colony of clowns and clown accessories sounds like the perfect setup to a dungeon crawl.

this. It's just too perfect for it. It's almost as if it was intentional.

Unknown, they really seem to have no weaknesses and have the most unique and freaky designs

I would probably like Biomecha more if he fleshed it out and made more than the few that there is, I love robots.

fectoids all the way

This game will never come out, deal with it. Even when Jonathan still had talent left and was dedicated to his art, he was still irresponsible and lazy. And now he's basically a shitty merchandise reviewer who writes the same fucking article over and over again, barely bothering to change the pictures:

>picture one
"See, the plebs would hate it and say that it's gross, but to me it's such a precious baby!!"
>picture two
"I think it looks like a chicken"
>picture three
"This is the worst design ever because it's masculine and it objectifies women, the author needs to grow up"

He needs to try and sell it to a real company if he has any real hope of it ever seeing the light of day. But he doesn't really need that, he can now make money with ads in his shitty incomprehensible webcomic.