Alien thread

Can we get a thread for alien races going? I'm running a space opera campaign soon and I need freaky spacemen to people my ships and stations

Other urls found in this thread:

abiogenisis.deviantart.com/gallery/53818589/Birrin-World
youtube.com/watch?v=IVIzcMF2Kc4&t=74s
deadwooddross.tumblr.com/
i.imgur.com/ylHQveX.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here you go. aliens.

Very intresting.
abiogenisis.deviantart.com/gallery/53818589/Birrin-World

youtube.com/watch?v=IVIzcMF2Kc4&t=74s

That what you were looking for user?

Hell yeah. I love pretty much all of the Traveller aliens.

Mars people are best aliens.

A fun one I used once was basically The Thing, but far less all-devouring. The species wasn't a total hivemind, but did have localized minds.
It made for a bit of interesting fluff trying to puzzle out how a race of alien parasite/virus impostors could integrate more-or-less innocuously.

Ye

This is a daily reminder to REMOVE QU! with extreme prejudice. If they made Humanity into a thousand different sub-species of fucked up for shits and giggles, they'll do the same to you.

i'm gonna be pedantic here, but surely aliens aren't divided by "race". Not sure what such a taxonomic level would be called though.

how on earth (or other planets) is that thing supposed to stay balanced?

WTF IS WRONG WITH IS ACCENT?!?

there appears to be a slight lisp in it, which makes whatever accent that is sound extremely... off

slight lisp?
This guy speaks another language

So like dogs and goldfish then?

There is only one alien and you dont want to meet it, even if you think otherwise.

Thank you, user. Not enough attention is paid to alien microorganisms

these fellas are all geared up to fight their ancestral enemy: mild gusts of wind.

>mildly alien creatures with normal human arms slapped on because the artist wasn't creative enough to come up with alternative manipulators

Look into the aliens from the Prophet comic series (the recent relaunch, not the '90s Youngblood stuff).

>I have to be convoluted with my manipulators because it's implausible only a few designs might be good for it and thus trended towards in evolution in general.

This one?

Really?
ANY manipulators besides literal human arms slapped on to whatever alien body is convoluted?

I'm not sure if you're just a retard who heard about convergent evolution second-hand without really understanding it or if you're purposefully being an idiot to bait.

Note how I said
>Only a few
Meaning that there are others, but it can just as easily be hands as it could be tentacles or what-have-you.

Sure it can just as easily be anything else too which is the point.
Aven assuming they fill a similar niche as humans and our hands/arms are the best that in no way necessitates that their arms would develop to be identical and considering how different the rest of their body is if anything is convoluted it's them happening to have arms that might as well be transplants from a human.
Arms and hands are great but that doesn't make centaurs any less convoluted.

My issue is not that they have arms/hands but that it's completely out-of-place compared to the rest.

Oh god, you're right.

bump

Fuck off, this is a slow board and the thread is nowhere near being deleted.
If you want to bump the thread then engage in discussion or at least post relevant pictures.

Make me fuck off.

haha, im not worried about it being archived right now, it was 2 hours since last post and I've been checking in. usually threads get pruned after 4, sometimes 3 depending on who's cleaning up. it couldn't hurt to bump and get more people here. also why so salty? enjoy the bump for a thread.

and isn't even me, i love that Veeky Forums will go to funny lengths to get a laugh

He's speaking English with an American accent and a speech impediment. It's really not that hard to grasp.

>WTF IS WRONG WITH IS ACCENT?!?
Who types like this, go back to whatever shithole you came from.

When will they learn

Oh God. We're the QU! By the way, this sounds like a really bad twist in a movie

Where's this from? Image search gave me nothing

Speech impediment.

This question is not really about tabletop gaming per se, but more a general storytelling one:

Is it possible to make a really "out there" alien design and still make the audience strongly relate and/or empathize with it?

I'm trying to come up with a good design for a secondary character/possible love interest for my main character, but its design in my head still seems too humanoid. Would that be a better route to go than making a really weird design, or can this be done?

No pics because I'm shit at drawing, but I can describe what I have so far if need be.

I don't think it matters so much if it doesn't look human, as long at it tries to express motivations that a human would relate to.

A more Human-like design would be better at building sympathy though, right?

deadwooddross.tumblr.com/

As long it looks "friendly" enough it could be fine.

I thought those were Xenomorph fetuses from the thumbnail.

They look a lot like water bears to me.

My god, I remember the guy who created those on the Gaming Steve forums back when we believed Spore to be an awesome game.

sauce?

>all these pleb aliens ITT

Wish I knew.

i.imgur.com/ylHQveX.jpg

Check out the race portrait selection for the game Stelaris.

Oh, I'd love to, if only I'd thought to bring a FUCKING MICROSCOPE.

Thanks

Sorry, here's a better image

Oh fug muh benis :DDDD

Why is that thing so terrifying? Unnerves me

Because it's bigger than you, knows more than you, and hates you.
It reminds you of your place in the universe.

We should kill it

bumpo bumpi

I want to fill my modern fantasy city crawling game with races like these. But the problem is how do you describe them? Flat triangle headed dog kind if thing with tentacle eyes doesn't roll off the tongue.

I wanna fug that bug.