Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's your favorite 3pp/homebrew for a draconic race? Like "quarter-dragons."
Believe it or not, Paizo still isn't offering something for that. Why are they afraid to?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=&tags=melusine_(ibuki_notsu)
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedPlayersGuide/coreClasses/bard.html
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1116313
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114165
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there more than one setting? If so, how do you recognise the one you are playing assuming the GM doesn't tell you?

I liked the one in the link repository, way back.

Really? I mean really, why bother trying to hide behind a legit question now?

Here, let me help you with what you actually wanted.

Neat. That character looks almost exactly like what my current character is supposed to look like - she's a Tiefling Bard with a focus on Perform (Dance).

because the goal here is obviously dragon tits.

Or is it scaley tits? enlighten me please.

>Believe it or not, Paizo still isn't offering something for that. Why are they afraid to?

Players would adapt something from Races of Dragon unless Paizo was adding a lot more new stuff.

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=&tags=melusine_(ibuki_notsu)

>Dragontits thread
>Not a single actual dragon.

This IS a shit thread.

Because either way, you're still only really interested in tits.

And while I like tits just as much as the next man, this is getting kind of old.

The only official Pathfinder setting is Golarion. Some simple tests to determine what setting you're in include: thea surplus of wizards who could solve the problem without even trying (Faerun), the existence of robots with souls (Eberron), everyone talking with a Cockney accent (Planescape), etc.

You know, I'm actually pretty much out of sfw tits, that's a surprise. Just gonna have to keep looking I guess.

But actual dragons don't have tits.

You don't know that.

That is a really pretty dragon though.

I mean, we're into my tiefling folder but I guess they could be considered dragon blooded? If you squint? Or just forget the whole scales thing.

>everyone talking with a Cockney accent (Planescape)
Lots of planes have a north!

Ah well, it's not like you're super picky about your tits either way.

The hard part is going to be not reposting the same set of tits.

See the effort and sacrifices I make for you? Having to remember which tits are tits I've already shoved in your face.

Jesus Christ dude, stop. You are worse than the OP. I know you probably want to bomb this thread but that is just petty and childish.

> I mean really, why bother trying to hide behind a legit question now?
You are legit insane.

How about a cute dragon girl Arcane Duelist?

I figure it might just get the point across to him how annoying it is for the rest of us.

It is one image at the start. ONE. With a legit question. Just... get over it. You are throwing a tantrum because someone likes anime girls. Ask yourself who is worse. Like, you are doing exactly what you are accusing him of, only worse, because you are actually spamming and shitposting. If that person was posting more pictures and trying to enforce "cueposting" or whatever in the thread itself then ok, but it's not like that.

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedPlayersGuide/coreClasses/bard.html

Your pic needs more armor.

Or, you could go cute girl Warlord / Sorcerer (Draconic bloodline) / Bladecaster

If you hate the thread so much how about posting in the other new thread dickhead?

>I figure it might just get the point across to him how annoying it is for the rest of us.

So you decide to be ten times more obnoxious? Yea, okay, that works. You retard.

Where is DHB getting that misc +19 to Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate from?

+3 Circlet of Persuasion, +6 Silver Tongue...

Does anyone have a scan of the First World book page that gives details on Shyka?

>Taldor GM hasn't responded in several days

Is it a dead game?

Alright, I gotta ask, as someone who constantly sees /pfg/ in the general but has never played and knows nothing about it, why the fuck is it full of anime girls with animal parts? I need to know.

This thread got shitposted by someone butthurted. Anime girls in the OP are just that, anime girls in the OP, usually pertaining to the thread starting question. It's cute and better than some grim tryhard Dark Souls or MTG picture.

Because PF players play to be the little furry girl.

Because faggots make a new thread when we're at page 5 so they can make the OP be fucking full of weebshit.

Faggots like this guy.

This thread was made on page 8, as were others before it. We did not have page 5 generals for some time but I guess you just want to be offended.

There's nothing weeaboo or even particularly furry about Pathfinder, relative to D&D. What you're seeing here is pure community waste, not the game.

Blame Bloodforge: Infusions.

Because it's much cuter than the actually furrified beastman races that are in PF supplements.

Enough about DHB's optimization, let's look at his backstory. How does he compare to other applicants in that regard? Let's take a look at it.

Backstory: Operative Monday's past is one shrouded in mystery, in no small part to his own effort. What he knows of his own past is what he has read in a dossier, as the majority of his memories prior to entering the Lion Blades have been removed, at his request, using Sequester Thoughts. Part of him suspects that the dossier is a fabrication, used to inundate himself with a false past behind a wall of blank memory. The dossier tells of a wealthy merchant's son sent to Kitharodian Academy for his education. Mother deceased during his teenage years with two younger sisters and a senile father now living out his old age comfortably in a sea side southern Taldoran town. Operative Monday has met both of these women who claim to be his younger sisters, and suspects they belong to another cell of the Lion Blades. Their names are Hannah and Sareen Vedger, and they run his claimed family's textile business together. He has not met his father, but puts this up more to being married to his work than to some sort of conspiracy among the upper echelon. While in Kitharodian Academy Operative Monday apparently grew bored of life there and instead turned to an ever increasingly interesting life of crime, mostly consisting of gambling, smuggling, and high profile theft. This was when he first caught the attention of The Lion Blades as someone of possible recruitment. In the dossier it describes him being captured and offered a deal, entering a shadow school rather than a prison cell. This was part that Operative Monday believes wholeheartedly, as it is in line with his personality.

During harsh training endured while at the Shadow Schools Operative Monday was shown to have an great talent for both espionage and unarmed combat. A report among the dossier describes that after eight months at the shadow school Operative Monday accomplished what is known as The Vow of Self, using one's force of personality and might as a form of self empowerment, this lead to many of his current powers. As well this lead to his ability to exchange luck between individuals as the ebb and flow of fortune. These and more skills were detailed in reports by instructors at the Shadow Schools.

After graduating is when Operative Monday's current memories begin. Both an exploitable past and the locations, structure, and organization of the shadow schools he trained at are protected by his obscured memories. This was at the age of 26. During the next 11 years Operative Monday served the nation of Taldor faithfully, traveling abroad for long periods of time to hunt enemies of the state, often infiltrating foreign political structure for these missions. Entering a noble family's service as a scribe or manservant was not an uncommon tactic. It was not unheard of that he would travel with another Lion's Blade, but more often than not he would go alone. During this time he became close to several other Lion Blades. The plucky Megaar Dreer, Operative Half-jack, a halfling man adept at both forgery and information control and Adriana Vess, Operative Little Miss, the woman who claimed to have been his instructor while in the shadow schools.

Five years ago Operative Monday was trusted with founding his own Shadow School in Oppara, now known as The Lion's Den. It trained Lion Blades in a similar manner to how Operative Monday performed his missions, long term infiltration and observation of foreign targets, teaching young Lion Blades how to deal with being away from their homeland, often in hostile territory. Operative Monday now both taught and went on mission, often on a six month cycle. His current mission is one in a series. For this mission he had taken on the identity of Morgan Alsdraut.

Personality: Operative Monday has a rather strange personality at this point, deeply suspicious and overall disillusioned. Despite this embittered mindset he is powerfully patriotic towards Taldor, and the more he sees of the world the more he grows to love his homeland. However he keeps his country and countryman at arms length, as one can not rely on them while gone from the country. One's own body, mind, and personality are what one must strengthen until that of iron to survive the demands of being a Lion Blade's commander, especially with the weight of running his own Shadow School on his shoulders. Operative Monday compensates for this mainly with pleasures of the flesh, gambling, women, drink. He considers this as his major weakness. The empowerment and strengthening of the flesh coupled with his own weakness for it represents for him a constant struggle.

>Non anime OP pictures are tryhard Dark Souls or MTG pictures

Do you realize just how many pictures that are ACTUAL PATHFINDER ART could be used? Just with a simple google search?

I actually prefer the anime OPs as long as they aren't accompanied by clear fetishbait/shitstirring questions.

I think Dreaming has a lock on winning this contest.

Greatsword's aren't actually that much worse than Falchions at high levels right? It's only a small difference right?

>mfw you realize you're topsy-turvy man compared to the rest of /pfg/

How and why am I more comfortable with voice than text.

If you need to make critical hits a lot, go falchion.
If you prefer to just go for raw damage, or you can't afford the feats for a crit-fisher build, go greatsword.

I hope you burn in the lowest pits of Hell after your untimely and self-assisted passing, you disgusting whore-son of a goat and the cur-father of maggot riddled vermin.

I can not describe in words the amount of hope that you might take your own life. It might seem pretty and overreacting, and it is. I wholly acknowledge that. My day was not even that bad, all things considering, so it is not merely venting either.

Merely the way you have acted has somehow triggered a cascade of hate and loathing, directed towards you. This thread filled with vomit and abandoned to die for a reason, you scraped back to life on the edge of its death. And for what reason? What possible reason could you have had for that? Do you always, upon meeting a wild puddle of vomit, scoop it up and bring it home to play with and to share with your family?

Because that is what you have done.

But I am not cruel. I hope you use a gun, so you don't have time for regrets or panic after you do the deed. No one deserves that. Not even you.

>Having to wait until the other thread is at page 8 because standards.

You might as well join the mongrel on basic principle.

Now. Where should one begin their construction of a railway in Golarion?
Which would be the most profitable starting line?
What about most interest generating line?
Should it be a compromise between profit generation and the amount of actual interest born from exotic locales and the like?
Should a Cheliax Order of Hellknights be posted as conductors?

Probably because you've had more good voice groups than text groups, or because you type slowly.

Dude, it's the weirdest thing.

I'm fantastic with voice, always ready with an opinion or descriptive piece, but then I start text, and... I mean, I'm good with details and actions in Play-by-Post for example, but I just can't *do* conversation. I can do actual talking just fine, but text? Blegh.

Weird, I'm practically the reverse myself.

I'm kind of the opposite myself. I'm great at character voices and conversations in text, but I've got a really soft voice IRL and it's really easy for people to talk over me (and it's even worse when I'm trying to respond in-character).

I'm kind of jealous, because that means you can play offline and online.

Some people find it difficult to communicate quickly and clearly in writing. Others struggle with speech, but can articulate themselves perfectly in text.

Just one of those things.

Knights of the Iron Horse sounds extremely metal. Fold in whichever order is about "Fuck Natives" and "Fuck Nature", toss on steam-powered power armor (Fired with the flames of hell, naturally) and roll with it.

I talk all the time, but I prefer text so I don't send over all my accidentally-aloud amusements, random singing, and snickering at sexual innuendo.

Who /id/ here? Any sweet bods worth taking out there?

>Where should one begin their construction of a railway in Golarion?
A Crown of the World railroad would be extremely interesting in my opinion.

>Which would be the most profitable starting line?
Southern Avistan connecting the Inner Sea to Tian via The Crown of the World.

>What about most interest generating line?
Again a Crown of the World railroad would be up there.

>Should it be a compromise between profit generation and the amount of actual interest born from exotic locales and the like?
A little of column A a little of column B.

>Should a Cheliax Order of Hellknights be posted as conductors?
Order of the Iron Horse, Order of the Burning Coal, Order of the Rail

Last I heard, there's this sweet little number IN HELL YOU ABOMINATION.

Literally the only back story worth a damn, and that's saying something. It's fucking pathetic.

There's that, too.

I know this is a level 8 gestalt campaign and I'm not sniping at this one specifically, but in general, whatever happened to unlikely heroes or commoners that aspire to greater?

Pathfinder iconics have some pretty comfy backstories, the wizard in particular.

At level 8 gestalt you're high enough level to be leading national military organizations. The leader of the Lion Blades is only level 9.

At level 1? Yeah totally. Level 8? You're a big deal in all likelihood.

Have there ever been any 3PP parasite PC races out there? Seems like it would be tricky to do.

Racial abilities stick with you the entire game through, and it's a bit hard to wangle "Totes average tiefling-the-size-of-a-semi and his hobbies of blood magic and ninja skills the tailor".
That said, I do enjoy trying to figure out what the fuck these people did or do for their day jobs.

One of my favorite characters was a summoner that originally worked as a miner, with the synthesist suit having its own air supply and burrow speed

>I'm kind of jealous, because that means you can play offline and online.

And I'm jealous of you, because /pfg/ games are text by default as are most ERPs.

To be fair, most people don't have fun trying to ERP with some wheezy guy over voice chat when he keeps smacking his lips every thirty seconds and you can hear him jerking off in the background.

>but in general, whatever happened to unlikely heroes or commoners that aspire to greater?

That's what my guy is, user.

His description slates him as a "He is the salt of the earth, and yet even salt may find itself at a table with kings." He's a yokel farmer type who was granted unfathomable power through his absurdly intimate connection to a Hamadryad or Vilderavn.

No no, I agree with you.

What I'm saying isn't, "I wish I had a voiced ERP," it's "voiced ERP sucks major donkey dick, but I'm not too snappy at the textual stuff so that's hard pickin's too."

I saw people talking about it in last thread, but jesus christ DHB's character is retardedly strong.

How the fuck does he have a +40 to so much shit.

+25 to all saving throws seems really nice, too.

>TFW your character's horse has a more tragic backstory than she does

>How the fuck does he have a +40 to so much shit.

The dark side of autism is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... Unnatural.

Power has a lock on it, a lock that's only key is autism. There are those among us who can open the door to untold abilities, but at the cost of their sanity.

DHB is the kinder of this autistic beings, giving back to us homebrew, but madness still grips him. They are the Autismos, and they are dangerous.

And people rag on 2hu for pitching his munchkin builds. Let me guess, one of those gestalt classes is a personal homebrew of his?

No it's Avowed/Vigilante. Apparently he switched to Avowed because the game listed Avowed as encouraged. Apparently it was originally a Warlord/Vigilante.

self pact was a mistake

it might get remathed later

Fortune Thief is Jolly's and Avowed is Forrest.

DHB is literally sucking the power out of other 3pp developers for his own needs. He is an autism vampire.

If these kinds of builds routinely get into pfg games then I guess I don't need to be shy about choosing "cheesy" shit like sacred geometry and blood money.

>If these kinds of builds routinely get into pfg games

DHB hasn't gotten into a single game he's applied to.

No he got into one with his shitty herb witch and was accepted but had to turn down another for Punch Fatty.

>sacred geometry & blood money abuse
>on the same level as this shit
user, he would have the same saves if he was a paladin instead of an Avowed. Casters are far more broken than what he does.

Self Pact feels like it goes against the spirit of the Avowed, which is a person that gains the power of a "thing."

Dude, I'm still waiting for the Sun and Moon Pacts, or the Seasons.

I can do voices when I play locally, and I can do text when I play online, but when I do voices online it all goes to hell.

I think the lack of body language really kills it for me, there's kind of an "interface" between speaking and rolling your dice, where you're making your actions as you speak. That's lost on voice play online.

Is there some secret with gestalt Vigilante? I see it really often.

You're a fool if you think that your character needs to be a spellcaster for your builds to be considered cheese.

For me, it's the inflection and tone. I don't need body language when I can just describe what the body in my mind's eye is doing before slipping back into the voice.

God, I need to join another Voiced campaign, I'm only in one right now and I'm having so much fun.

A spell caster can much more thoroughly destroy a campaign than his character does. His character is still firmly tier 4.

Eh, he's at tier 3 at this point. He's got enough skills available that he has out of combat options.

He has a really narrow set of things he can do, he's really good at what he does do, but it's still narrow.

And since I'm a huge needy faggot that's a glutton for this reservoir, I'm going to post my character sheet here and see if anyone has some advice on purchases or finagling with design decisions to better fine-tune the character concept.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1114165

Repostin from last thread. Is there a decent Injuries table somewhere?

I've got one
>Capstones for a bunch of them give you 'realms' full of shenanigans
>No Carceri pact
>Make a contract with an extraplanar bubble prison subplane
>Get your own extraplanar crash pad early as fuck on
>Save-or-teleport people to a holding cell
>Outfit the place with deathtraps and the like if you want
>Browbeat prisoners into giving up their SLAs or whatever for eventual freedom ala Planar Binding
>Work up to summoning chained prisoners to fight for you
>Eventually work up from "Turn a doorway into a gate to your realm" to "Fall back into your realm at 0 HP automatically", "'teleport' by taking a shortcut through your realm", and "Reflexively open a portal to swallow and redirect a spell effect" etc.
>Become an ageless, terrifying warden searching the material plane for the worst criminals to put in your pokeballs I mean holding cells

You can already make a pact with dragons. Why can't you make a pact with dungeons?

>like self pact since it pulls off not!monk without the bullshit of monk
>people whining about gestalt is likely going to get it gutted

I don't know why I even care about things anymore

You're one of those faggot GMs that makes his PCs roll on a critical failure table aren't you?

I don't get why people go for these massive bonuses. You could have half these values at level 8 and be completely effective. Why not refocus some of the character options into diversifying? Because right now this character doesn't really do much. I assume it's about getting attention from /pfg/ posters that will meme about it.

Cheese isn't the same as sheer brokenness.

Basically lets the player go "I can kill the rest of the party any time I want".