Amonkhet planeswalker decks

Amonkhet planeswalker decks

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/products/amonkhet/products
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are those test runs? We haven't seen those illustrations yet and the product quality (aside from the decks being a bit misaligned) is pretty high, I think those are legit.

Damn Gideon looking badass with that new outfit. I hope he will get a kickass card.

that dragon is sexy af. I hope it's playable

Holy fuck thats a badass dragon

Crocodile god?

>it will be another variation of Shivan Dragon.

>has wings
>croc

Crocodile dragon god?

Neat.

>inb4 another Champion of Justice

The last three large sets have had 5 arts, 3 of them being the planeswalkers from the set

So good chance one of these is a planeswalker?

Or Wiz might have mocked these up to not give too much away like they did that Aztlan set or whatever

Is that some crazy looking life counter? Will it come in the prerelease pakc, or just the fat pack?
Whatever that is, I want one. I hope the set is moderately powerful, though, so i can justify buying this stuff.

Chick on the right. They tend to avoid dynamic posses with planeswalker cards.

Plus they are going to KANGZ the shit out of this set if Theros is anything to go by.

Yeah but at the same time they're usually standing in a somewhat dramatic pose or holding their weapon

That chick's just kinda staring there.

I was thinking the cat just on the hunch Wizards might be trying something different but as I type this I remember they already have a major cat person planeswalker.

So... what do you guys think amonkhets gimmick is going to be?
Enchantments matter?

Looks like the commander's arsenal one.

Isn't that what Urza's Saga block and Theros Block were aimed at?
Perhaps they'll get it right this time.

Yeah, the cat thing will be not!Anubis, and they're trying to keep the sexes even on the Gatewatch (with probable scew to female walklets) so my bets bet is on the girl on the right. She seems to have a safe enough design to not offend anyone.

We just had an "Enchantments Matter" set, Theros, so they won't do another for a while. If I had to guess, it would be an allied color set with heavy focus on creature mechanics.

Instants and Sorceries matter.

>4RR
>Nilean Dragon
>6/6 flying
>U: +1/+0 until end of turn

nothing matters, but Wizards will market it as an Egyptian themed sorcery set with no Egyptian motifs beyond visuals.and terrible overcosted sorceries at mythic. In his state of Magic article MaRo will write how everyone just assumed those were the themes so they should stop being upset.

>theros
>"""""""enchantments""""""" """""""""matter"""""""""
I liked theros but the enchantment support was literally nothing

These are from the Hasbro toy fair

Well, yes that's true, but it doesn't change the fact.
Also, I did say "Enchantments Matter" in quotations on purpose. I was also disappointed at the distinct lack of interesting support. Origins printed much better Theros stuff than the actual block did.

Judging by the temples architecture we're getting a genuine Anubis. The cat is probally Bastet.

I'm hoping they learned from Theros and their more recent fuckups.
>Theros:
Top-down design with bottom-up design requirements (cramming in 15 gods into every 1-2 color combo) leads to diluted flavor/mechanics. I like both approaches, but if you try both for the same block, you'll most likely achieve neither. Also having enchantments as a subtheme without it being "enchantments matter" was bound to disappoint everyone. See: this thread.
>Kaladesh
I really hope they don't water down the aesthetic influence of the culture that they're basing the set on like they did with Kaladesh. From the art, it looks like they're doing alright. It helps that ancient Egyptian mythlogy is very distant in the past and they're not going to offend anyone.
>Conspiracy
I just hope they don't feel the need to bring in consultants like they did with Kaya's design.

That said, I'm excited. Already got my lands picked out for Frontier brewing.

>Frontier

My LGS does it. It's nice to play decks that I'd otherwise never brew, and also not worry about rotation.

wish they would show what they can do cus I need more planeswalkers for superfriends EDH last tezzeret was great!

PW and +1/+1 counters matters

Are these leaks or planned unveiling? Do we get to see Wizards throw a bitch fit again?

Oh boy another Liliana and Gideon, technically two since there will be another one of each in the actual set. I actually like Gideon, but I'm kind of getting sick of seeing him so frequently

Shards and Sorceries. Maybe Gods, but I hope they spread them out into Hour of Destruction if they're going to do all 5.

3 in the big set and 2 in the small would be a good split.

>shards
Yeah fuckin right.
When the two times we've gotten 3 color sets, WotC comes back with "they were mistakes"

If we get another 3 color set between now and 2019, I'll eat my hair on stream.

yeah, why cant they use some of the endless other one off planeswalkers?

instead of printing gatewatch literally every single block, they could change focus onto some other planeswalkers adventures for a little while. its not like there's not enough of them to use.

>We just had an "Enchantments Matter" set, Theros
yeah because slapping "enchantment" onto a creature's types means it's an enchantment block. jesus fuck I'm still mad. enchantments are extremely underused and when they announce they are making an "enchantment matters" block they pull that shit. soon this game will be nothing but lands, creatures and planeswalkers.

>and when they announce they are making an "enchantment matters" block
They didn't.

>Constellation didn't show up until the third set in the "Enchantments Matter" block

Didn't we just get a Liliana card? Like, 2 sets ago? Why more?

Because marketing for a Gatewatch movie.
And money.

Planeswalkers are the face of magic, according to wotc. They're going to print a shitload of them. They did the same with Nissa/Chandra being printed in Oath and then 2 cards in Kaladesh.
I'm kind of okay with it. Flooding the market with them will lower their prices.

Hell it's not even like there aren't other major planeswalkers in those colors; well there's Sorrin in black, in white Anani has fucked off to Dominara and Elspeth is still dead on Theros.

We should be getting Razaketh, one of the demons Liliana made a pact with.

Excited to see what he has

I have no reason to believe that we'll get new God cards (other than it being vaguely similar to Theros in theme) but oh fucking MAN do I want new god cards.They pretty much knocked it out of the park with them. A 15 card cycle where 14 of the cards are at *least* pretty good in EDH? More of that, please and thank you.

I think it was Prof from TCC saying he thinks the Gatewatch is going to fail in beating Bolas. If that does happen, it'd be a good excuse to move away from the same 5 walkers for at least a couple sets. I would love to see some different mono color walkers.

-1/-1 counters on things that can be removed by devotion and by accomplishing tasks.

>terrible overcosted sorceries at mythic
It's like you don't even play edh, King of all formats

We will most likely get five gods.

Do we have anything that leads us to that conclusion beyond "They did it in Theros and this is kind of like Theros?"

Five trials, five gods.

Also, this highly cryptic message:

>You have trained your entire life for a chance to face the Trials of the Five Gods and join the elite ranks of the Worthy.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Oh shit I'm suddenly super excited for this set.
Is it going to be another shard set?
Which Gatewatch member is going to die? My money's on Gideon, though I'd prefer to see a dead Jace

Will it be powerful?
Will it be fun?

So shards or wedges?

There's already a good bit of lore for the plane that dirrectly references the five gods.

There is Bolas who is UBR. So that is one mythic of the set. It would be a bit weird to get another UBR god and I don't think Bolas will get the god slot since he's a planeswalker and the last time there was an asymmetry (Narset) people complained and bitched a lot. But since it IS Bolas's world it would make sense to give Grixis its day in the light.

Well Nicol Bolas is important on that plane, so shards.

A Bolas god card like that fuccboi Xenagos got would be sweet

>yfw the Bolas planeswalker is just straight up reprint of Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
>Gatewatch's faces when

I'd say new Bolas will be 6 cmc.

I really hope the new Nicky B is solid: I got a Grixis Control deck ready to find a home for him.

...And a four of Dark Intimations laying around just in case.

>...And a four of Dark Intimations laying around just in case.
That's probably a good idea.
I should round out my Tamiyo playset since I'll be brewing Bant in at least 2 formats come Amonkhet.

>Archenemy
FUCK YES!

Liliana joining team Bolas is a possibility. Garuuk can take her place as black walker.

Nah. Liliana needs the Gatewatch to safe her from being killed by Razaketh and, ultimately, the Chain Veil.

>Garuuk
>relevant after the "rape" fiasco

Not if they're not the same card, you dribbling mongoloid.

Easy jackass. I'm referring to the extra cost stapled onto all planeswalker cards by merit of them being planeswalker cards, not the demand of the individual cards.

If we can have nazi elves after a retcon we can retcon Garuuk wrecking Lilliana.

They already said Garruk is the BG planeswalker now with the curse.

Ain't gonna happen. If we ever saw Garuuk again, the castrated SJW fuckfest would scream about misogyny so loud, MaRo would have to get on his knees and facefuck a huge apology dick.

Garuuk is effectively dead and they will continue to keep him swept under the rug.

>Garuuk

You are not only a dumb person but also do not spell fantasy names very well.

B/W mummies when?

>tfw mummies have always been zombies in Magic

I will rant like never before if we don't get creature type Mummy with Amonkhet.

It would be infuriating, yes

We got Garruk, Apex Predator like two years after that art came out

He was the face of M15

Why? Even frankenstein monsters are zombies in MTG. It's fine.

Garruk got printed THREE fucking times post innistrad. Try thinking for single moment before you just start shitposting

Skaab are revived dead bodies. Mummies are ... well. Okay, actually they fit the description as well. But they still have a more distinct feel than regular and science zombies. If they do not make some mummy tribal Wizards will definitely get complaints which will overshadow probably most of the other issues the set will have.

They're so thematically close it would be kind of shitty to not make them zombies. As long as their name contains the word mummy and their art is appropriate u don't see why it would matter

>B/W mummies
Yes please. I have no problem with mummies not becoming a creature type and remaining as zombies, but I would like to see some white zombies.

>If they do not make some mummy tribal Wizards will definitely get complaints which will overshadow probably most of the other issues the set will have.
No. Nobody cares. As long as the zombie tokens have embalming wrap, they're fine.

I remember Maro answering questions a couple of times if white zombies could make sense.
Amonkhet might just have white zombie mummies.

I agree wholeheartedly.

>Bolas headdress

Oh my god user can you just take your victim complex and shove it up your ass?

He's a faggot so he'd love to shove such a large thing up his ass.

Not sure.
In the brief description on the website,
>The desert oasis of Amonkhet forges warriors. You have trained your entire life for a chance to face the Trials of the Five Gods and join the elite ranks of the Worthy. Using your strength, speed, and cunning, overcome deadly challenges and rise above the competition to claim an honored place in the Afterlife!
Makes me think there's some big mazerunning hunger games kind of thing going on, mortals going through a bunch of horrible trials and killing eachother just to appease bolas.

So perhaps some real "backstabbery" themes. Instants and Sorceries could help. and hell since there's going to be a bunch of stuff themed off ancient egypt, traps from zendikar may return. or some kind of similar, "REACTIVE" spell.

If god cards show up, I definitely don't expect them to be "enchantment creatures" like on theros. Perhaps they'd be idols? Artifact-God cards.

This is INCREDIBLY wild speculation on my part.

I mean, Bolas has always been about the "survival of the fittest and most useful", so a series of "trials" to weed out the weak, stupid, and slow would be prime mook production for him.

>artifact god cards
The chance for that to happen is gone for now

Kangz and shit

making false gods vehicles would be really clever

>We're going to get a legendary crocodile before we get a Legendary bear

>giant metal gear tier vehicals based off of hindu gods
That would have been cool