Best Boys

Have you ever allowed a BBEG to live? If so, how did you and why?

>not just dropping all BBEGs into a prison

Isn't kind of bad if they group together?

No, that's called "your next campaign"

I imagine it'd end up a lot like European prisons: moderate muslims go in, radical muslims go out. On the bright side, it keeps PCs employed.

I could already see it becoming an entire scheme, where revolving door BBEGs are actively encouraged by the system. It benefits PCs because they get to kill and loot shit, it benefits BBEGs because they can do as they please with very little risk of harm befalling themselves, it benefits kings because the people are too busy worrying about the villain du jour to think about revolts and revolutions, and it benefits society as a whole because it gives violent murderhobos an acceptable outlet.

>Have you ever allowed a BBEG to live?

>didn't even say he's sorry

Or Gotham.
My players have been turning the evil guys to the authorities. I plan on doing a prison break at some point. That alchemist and that wizard? Well, they're working together now.

>BBEG

The gayest psrt of your post.

The main villain in a campaign of ours for months was this sorceress bitch attempting to create a very specific spell, that would shift the country enough to allow her to reach some subterranean hidden artifact, but kill thousands in earthquakes/tsunamis in the doing.

When she was finally beaten in combat in a big finale, we removed her magical gear, items, clothes and such, and sent her on her way.

We later learned she'd been raped and murdered on the road like a common criminal. Was a good story.

So, who's the father?

Hi, turbo-autist, was wondering how long it would take you to show up

When did Veeky Forums started to become this contrarian?

It's some tool going around and ctrl+fing in every thread for 'BBEG' and then posting really awful bait.

But apparently good enough.

Why is thinking "big bad evil guy" is stupid contrarian? It was designed to sound stupid.

>Sorceress
>Powerless without items

That isn't how sorcery works

"I don't like this commonly used phrase, let me shit up every thread that uses it instead of just not using it myself"

>commonly used

Apparently only by easily-triggered autists though.

This is Veeky Forums, you're acting as if we're not all eternally triggered autists

My party has, in fact, intentionally resurrected major villains, although typically those who were compromised in some way (possessed, mutated by Resident Evil shit, etc).

In fact, they've tried to get two of them together. And, it's sort of worked, and both are friendly towards the forces of good in new campaigns in the setting.

A fun thing to do with this, which I am moving towards in a setting that has seen three campaigns, is letting the players run the villains in a prison break/Sinister Six kind of campaign.

Shit, one ended up married to the party face, another they are considering helping burning down the city and one is even tempted to help the godslayer end the world.
Normally, having grey morality is more fun to GM but i put in a all black villain. The players still havent noticed its a mindcontrol spell gone way out of proportions

Did say he was playing dnd?

>xDDDD haha I posted the meme again!!!!

The party had orders to take him alive and followed though on them. Surprisingly, no-one was killed.