WIP: Work in Progress

Shitty pic because noone else was making a new thread edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
>Currently offline

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Frakken Magnets, how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKdzNh1JGE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting current work from last thread;

(You)
Started working on this palanquin idea as well, because I can't just focus on one model at a time (I don't even have one fully built marine for my army yet, of the 60 I bought a while back).

Can't get any good lightning for the webcam though. But this is the removable lords base, and the "flat" layer of the palanquin, which is basically part of a temple being carried around.
Around the lords base I'll build upwards so that it's on the same height as the base, just blocked out the shape of the base first. Then I'll add on some pillars and such.
After that I'll start bulking out the bottom a bit, and attach it to the "main base", and the carriers that I'm also working on.

And one of the basic concept drawings I did for that

I made a custom Abaddon model using a left over chaos lord box and the burning of prospero box

It doesn't feel very... chaosy?
Bit too heavy on the imperial iconography. Unless you're doing some loyalist version of him

Is this a good Word Bearers colorscheme?

Yeah, seems like a pretty good red tone for WB

Also reposting reply from last thread because Word Bearers;
>how far into the book of lorgar have you gone m8, is that a fucking animal skull?

I might be quite far in

>Lorgar and his followers are into Necrozoophilia.

I-i'm not surprised t-b-h

>I might be quite far in
2 inches is not quite far, even if that comprises the extent of your dick.

>confusing Lorgar with Fulgrim

So, I'm getting back into painting, but I noticed my bottle of Liquitex Flowaid has discolored and is now slightly yellow in hue. Should I replace the bottle?

For starters, you shouldn't have pissed in the bottle in the first place.

Alright guys Started on my third army
First wolf any tips

Any basing tips

Left open the banners to add more memes to them. You faggots better appreciate this.

>tfw you sit down to paint models and you actually finish painting the models

Whew that I'm not a robot was hard

First, dunk it in brake fluid.
Secondly, scrub it with a brush until no paint remains.
Third, throw yourself off a bridge for playing spehss woofs.

That'll wreck the freehand though

if you're not trolling. Your paint is too thick, you're completely out of the lines and you have no depth. Strip and restart or stop being retarded.

Ok first off what is depth.?
Second what lines? The model is super flat, and my scheme doesn't have painted pauldrons

Ur mean

Make sure you put my first meme!

Ok since clearly your not a fan, how is this for an alternate scheme? Not sure about the flesh color might be subject to change

Add the church.
Needs moar Duncan advertising (2 thin coats, Fine Tip(tm) Brushes)
Post our collection of horrid faces on some of the spectators.

We could make this /wip/'s 40kgeneral image. (But with 50% less shitpost)

Youre paints are too thick so your details are clogged.
You should strip it, because its not good looking unfortunately.. Depth means actually dimension to the model, it looks very flat as there is no shading at all. A simple nuln oil wash could fix them in the crevices.
Games workshop has made a tutorial on how to paint these guys, youtube.com/watch?v=oKdzNh1JGE4
Remeber
THIN YOUR PAINTS
You can paint in the lines so ill give you that

And his loyal squadmate,
Slays-many-catan

Yeah he'll make you call him daddy

I'm not adding Duncan. I can't stand him.

If you want to add the faces you can but I'm done shopping tonight.

>doesn't like duncan
Get out of here heretic

Cant, only mobile for the time being. Oh well i guess.

Didn't get any comments last thread. Test scoot for my donut steel army. This is my first attempt at camo.

Tell me how bad I am.

>Nostalgic bright green base/10
Looks good, body is crisp, camo is convincing enough

Sailanon back with my more bullshit, finished my Kabalite Trueborn. Pretty satisfied with them, what do you guys think?
Like the guy 2nd from the left the most

Should I do my whole army with that base? That was just a quick test, but I'm growing fond of it. Doesn't match the camo, though.

If it wasn't for the camo scheme I'd say yes, I have a colossal boner for goblin green

But it should really match the camo

I finished a Wrack to Haemonculus conversion last night. Got his 1st game and new-model syndrome out of the way today.

Meet Ul'Ikai, the Capricious. Haemonculus of the Hex Coven. Elongated tailbones are tacky and out of style, grav pads are in.

Going to take a few days break. I've been ripping through models lately.

It's a shitty forced meme for a guy who doesn't even paint anything on screen in his painting tutorials.

Finished my devastators mostly with some things left to do.
Played with Tamiya clear blue a bit. That stuff would make for great gemstone paint

Also did Greyfax, the first time I've ever painted a fleshy face and the first eye I've ever painted. Not too bad considering.

And the first time I've tried marble. The veins are a bit thick, I think.

Very nice.

Well here she is. I think this is about as good as I can do.Here is the Front shot.

And the back. Well, what do you all think? Comments? Suggestions? Constructive criticism? Insults?

Anyone have opinions on palettes? I'm currently using the 'parchment paper over wet paper towel method' but its kind of...sloppy?
What do you guys prefer? Are tiles a good choice, I've seen those a bunch.

She needs some serious shading. She looks incredibly flat and you can barely notice any recesses at all. That makes all this white look like a giant blob without any detail from a distance. Her head also looks unwashed and like it could need some more shadows.

Finished up my four Neophytes. Only have two more to go until the squad is done. The barrels on the flamers turned out really well, though I don't know how crazy I am about the yellow tube. Also, need to find something to start making bases more interesting.

probably pin, since the XV8s have very little surface area on their feet

THIN

I see mostly wargaming minis here

Any non-wargaming paintin goin on?

I dig it.

I haven't played or painted anything since high school, but I want to get back into the hobby. Here's a warboss from 2012.

Fuck, I completely forgot to add the picture

fucking incredible. How many golden daemons did you win with it?

What do you guys do for movement trays now?

Dev Centurion for my pre-heresy Word Bearers (Imperial Heralds)

Better shot

Squad serg

they look cool, but a bit plain. needs scripture or something.

The Doom board game counts as non-wargaming right? I've only ever painted a couple minis for D&D so I'm hoping to get better with practice. Painting the marines while waiting on some new paints for the demons

Yup, will get to that soon.
Gonna use transfers for that, just waiting on some now.

What happens to any green stuff on a model you want to strip?

Neat.
I liked what I saw of the miniatures that came with that game.

It depends on what you're using to strip with. In my experience Simple Green kept the green stuff hard and Super Clean turned it into well-chewed gum after a couple days.

nobsquad and flash gitz

been working for weeks on them and they aren't even done. These models are way more work than space marines that is for sure.

Reposting because I really didn't get much of a response.

I had one Slaughterpriest for my Silver Tower set whose head I cut off and replaced with a big ass Pyramid Head helmet (pic coming in a second).

I'm looking for more conversion ideas for these 3 guys in pic related. Nothing too off the wall, just a good change up or 2 to give them something unique. Any ideas?

cube head
sphere head

Here's my head swap. Nothing super fancy and there are some pretty obvious flaws, but whatever. It suits my needs.

Clever, got a little laugh out of me. I might save that if they put out some new Tzeentchian heroes for the new Warhammer Quest coming out.

I was thinking for the Aspiring Deathbringer (guy on the left with the ax) I might cut the blade of the ax off and replace it with a saw blade to look kinda like the saw cleaver from Bloodborne, but I feel like that may not make him stand out quite enough.

well disregarding the joke suggestion, arm/weapon/head swaps would be the easiest way to get an immediately unique look

simply having the head looking in a different direction can sometimes be enough, honestly

Did some work on a Sister tonight left was just finished the bear costs and right is more or less the finished product. Too dry to do the final clean ups at the moment.

Looks good son!

So this is my WIP of an Hellpit Abomination.

I'm quite satisfied with the result, but I haven't got a clue on how the hell I'll paint the base! (I bought it pre-assembled)

Any tips?

Besides classic green, what skin color would you paint Ironjawz?

I'm thinking Red/Orange, or Black/Grey with maybe an albino or two in there

Is there any way to remove citadel plastic glue from a model? only just realized the pose for one of my crisis suits is blocking some weapon options

So I spend hours assembling these guys. And I completely fuck them up with one spray. Any idea on what to do? So I dont waste 50$

YIKES

I want to kms my friendo

get a gallon jug of castrol super clean from your local hardware store (in the automotive section) and soak the models in it for 24 hours.

Wear gloves. It causes chemical burns.

Any tips for actually using the spray paint. I didn't even think I was putting on much

Shake it. Shake it a lot

Do a couple of test sprays. Spary itn extremely lightly, from a distance

Wait for a coat to dry before throwing another one on it

In what way is a wet palette sloppy? Tiles let the paint dry out just the same as any other dry palette.

How big of a fucking idiot do you have to be to don't know how to use spray paints?

Well it was my first time ever doing it.

or use the one with the actual Skull ship in the background...

just head to the shop and buy some new guys and start over

Thanks. Glad someone likes it

thin your paints

Follow the instructions next time. Short bursts in one quick motion at the recommended distance. Practice on sprue. Spray it, let it dry, inspect it.

Strip it with simple green. Shit takes a ton of time and effort. Or buy some Super Clean and gloves.

I have been looking for this for a while and I can't find anything.

Can someone explain the concept of using a limited palette to me?

Thin your paints.

Save money buying only the basic colors and mixing those paints to get additional colors.

So, save cash and learn how to mix colors.

No, that's not what the painting technique is for. That's an excuse for poorfags not to buy paint. I want to know the artistic goal and theory behind limiting the palette.

You were too close and sprayed too long it looks like. Shorts sweeping bursts at 8 inches friendo.

please draw a daemonette being offered an engagement ring by a CSM and she's all shy about it

>throwing away $10 worth of model

couldn't do it.

Sup Veeky Forums! What do you think of this Chaos Knight in progresss?
First time posting here btw, I'd appreciate to have feedbacks and ways to improve