Anyone else think that katanas are slightly underpowered in d20?

Anyone else think that katanas are slightly underpowered in d20?

THAT'S IT

Just post the copypasta OP, why even bother pretending that's not what you're here for?

>shit nip iron, samurai used polearms anyway, guns were better, unarmed was better, only gud 4 kill le unarmoured peasants, european longswords were better, weeb, cuck, weeb

This what you're after, OP?

Why does the guy in your webm look like Tom Cruise?

Are we getting a Last Samurai sequel?

That depends... Which Monstergirl mAkes the best waifu?

Katana's kind of suck outside of Japanese warfare, so I have no problem with.

Anyway, somebody post the pasta so we can go home

>be me
>go to first day of Tai Chi class
>some guy in a dragon t-shirt asks if we'll ever use katanas

Don't forget wooden armor.

>be watashi
>go to first day of ballet class
>some guy in a MAGA cap asks if we'll ever use kriegmessers

Pfffthaha

Look at this friggin weeaboo

Tai Chi guy here. genuinely lol'd.

snek > fish > dog shit > birb > slime > hors > something even worse than dog shit > spider

It's true, katanas are represented unrealistically in role-playing games.
You have to houserule them to break on use. This fixes everything.

>spider
>not best

Please end yourself, normie plebian

In D&D I usually just stat them as scimitars and falchions with a different name. It would take forever if I was to bother making a unique statline for every weapon type and variant of weapon type in history.

femdom's gay my dude.

care to stat em properly?

Not everyone is desperately insecure, user

>Scylla, not even on the list.

What the fuck is wrong with you two?

I feel like that webm is a needlessly destructive way to fight.

I don't mind them being underpowered, as long as they are not overpowered bullshit like the one you showed.

Having less power is to be expected, katana are frail swords, even if made with good metal, they are made to cut flesh in few motions and are useless against armor. You can bend a katana with your hands since the metal is made to be razor sharp and not sturdy.
Sure, you can use magic or other bullshit to make it stronger to make your weeb soul feel good but really, other than looking cool, katana just are less powerful.

It's should be statted like a somewhat heavier arming or long sword specialized for cutting, because that's what they are.

>not mentioning the best option,catgirls.
user,in a scale between Ricky Martin and Joel Derfner,how gay are you?
Spiders are hairy,ugly,poisonous,tend to kill males after copulation and can't reach fuckable size.

That user is a pebleian,but you are a plantation slave.

>implying catgirls are monstergirls
>implying cats are monsters
this is false

>Level 17-20 Fighter, the .webm

Fucking. degenerate.

>Roomba not on the list.

Missing out on prime comedy material with that ranking.

I stopped watching MonMu halfway through.

Well, birds aren't, and their monmusu is still best monmusu.

That's not Ogre.

Not sure if it was in the anime, but slime at one point gets a joke where she turns into a Roomba.

As far as I'm concerned no other joke in the series has topped it, therefor Slime/Roomba > All.

I use sort of a weird set of houserule weapons, but for my game a katana looks like this:

Martial Weapon, Rare
1 Handed Attacks:
Slash -1 to hit, 1d8+0.5 STR slashing damage
Chop -2 to hit, 1d8+STR chopping damage
Thrust -2 to hit, 1d4+STR Piercing damage

2 Handed Attacks:
Draw Cut -1 to hit, 1d10+STR slashing damage
Chop 1d10+1.5 STR chopping damage
Thrust 1d6+1.5 STR piercing damage

Essentially they're comparable to the stats for the longsword, in that it takes penalties for being used in one hand, but the longsword is much better at trusting attacks, OK at chopping attacks, and not that great at slashes.

There's even the right version for this thread.

Horse Pussy is Underrated in the /a/'s Monster Girl Generals

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Wonderful Snake Cloaca" bullshit that's going on in Monstergirl threads right now. Horse pussy deserves much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine horse sex doll in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even spend an entire day with my horse pussy.

Horses spend years developing a single vagina and flex it up to a million times to produce the tightest orifices known to mankind. Horse vaginas are thrice as tight as llama vaginas and make me thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a snake can pleasure, a horse pussy can make feel better. I'm pretty sure a mare could easily turn a straight man to bestiality with a single kegel flex.

Ever wonder why 18th Century Europe never bothered colonizing the whole world? That's right, they were too busy fucking their horses. Even during the Spanish Conquest of Americas, Native Americans targeted Conquistadores with mares first because their pleasuring potential was incredibly satisfying and undeniably matchless.

So what am I saying? Horses have simply the best vaginas that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Horse pussies:

(Natural Weapon)

3d12 pleasure

19-20 x4 Sperm

+5 to ejaculation

Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of mares in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Horse pussy is awesome, see my new stat block.

Birds are C-tier, at best.

Snek: B
Fish: F
Slime: A
Horse: C
Spider: C
Birb: C
Kitsune: D
Cat: A
Dog: B
Moth: D

Scylla: S

They're a fair bit underpowered, yeah.

What game is that?

There are 10,000 species of bird. How can you reduce them into a single tier?

If I know my games (and I don't), I'm pretty sure it's one of the Onimusha games which were pretty dope.

Ok, sure.

Birb: C-F

I'm not certain, but it looks like a weeby Dark Souls mod.

Nioh

The bullets don't rotate at all, ITS like someone lobbed them at the dude. Also, blue eyes and brown hair in China? Not likely.

It's Nioh, basically Onimusha+Diablo+a little bit of Souls

But that fucking webm, man.

its the new trailer for FF14's newest patch, set in notAsia

yes, 2010

>the tree that was literally behind him collapses
But... why?

>Fish
>That high on the list
>Higher than slime

Forget spider, you put slime in a spot that wasn't first. You fail at this so hard.

You can bend any sword with your hands. No sword is "sturdy", they're all designed to be as thin as they can get without being so thin they become brittle. If a sword couldn't bend it would snap.

Also all swords are useless against armour. A katana is no less useless than an arming sword against plate or chainmail. Swords can't cut metal armour and they're too light to do damage as a blunt weapon. The heaviest greatswords weighed at most about 3kgs. Western swords were often better at stabbing through the gaps in armour, if that's what you meant.

If by armour you mean gambesons, katanas work just as well against them as any other sword.

In fact, Schola Gladiatoria did some research into this and according to historical examples the average katana's edge is slightly harder than the average historical arming sword (with a Rockwell rating of 60 compared to the arming sword's 50). If a material is harder it means it can be brought to a sharper edge, but becomes more brittle as a tradeoff.

You could say that katanas are 20% sharper, and therefore do 20% more damage, but that would be retarded because real humans don't have hitpoints. A sword is either sharp enough to kill or it isn't, and they're all comparably worthless against armour - 20% isn't going to make a difference. Maces existed for a reason.

Can somebody please post it I need it

well done

For you, my dude

That's it. I'm sick of all this "AP3 Power Sword" bullshit that's going on in the 40k system right now. Relic Blades deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Relic Blade from the Ultramarines for becoming a fanatic fanboy forever (that's about $ERROR_NUMBER_TOO_LARGE) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even pierce slabs of Chaos Space Marines with my Relic Blade.

Adeptus Astartes Honor Guard spend decades modifying a power sword and test it up to a million times to produce the finest swords known to the Imperium.

Relic Blades are thrice as stabby as lightning claws and thrice as sharp for that matter too. Anything a lightning claw can stab through, a Relic Blade can stab through better. I'm pretty sure a Relic Blade could easily pierce a space marine in Terminator armor with an Storm Shield with a simple half-assed swing.

Ever wonder why the Chaos never bothered conquering the Imperium? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Space Marines and their Relic Blades of armor ignoring destruction. Even in the 13th Black Crusade, Chaos soldiers targeted the Marines with the Relic Blades first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Relic Blades are simply the best weapon that the universe has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the 40k system. Here is the stat block I propose for Relic Blades:

(Relic Blade) S10 AP1 Rending Special rules

ignores invulnerable saves
ignores LoS saves
grants 10 attacks at every initiative
hits on 1+
wounds on 1+
ignores LoS saves
causes instant death all the time
Now that seems a lot more representative of the killing power of Relic Blades in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Relic Blades need to do more damage in 40k, see my new stat block.

So they're making a FF10 remake after the FF7 one?

I kekked.

Okay what is this from?

It's just unedited footage from a kendo exhibition.

lol

Bushido Blade 3.

I actually really dig the Pathfinder rules, remembering the ridiculous yelling involved in the 3e Rokugan stats.

It's Final Fantasy storm bloods trailer
So the thing op isn't talking about is how every job in the game uses aether to power their moves. So it is magic being used to do the bullshit stuff. Thus rather bad to use to even begin the arguement.

>spider in last spot
BROTHER

>implying catgirls are monstergirls
>implying cats are monsters

Both of these statements are true.

>those super high-end graphics
>individual hairs on the dude's head have physics
>every enemy lands in one piece
>no gore
>not even a speck of blood

Where did we go wrong?

Well, it's a cinematic and not an in-game footage, so it's not that impressive.

>no gore
>not even a speck of blood
wrong genre m8. Last Mortal Kombat is pretty impressive in that regard.

lurk moar