I'm not the user who's been spamming the "pls bring Magnus back with a headpat" shit all over the place, but...

I'm not the user who's been spamming the "pls bring Magnus back with a headpat" shit all over the place, but... Magnus is my favorite primarch, so how's this for a redemption arc?

>Ahriman gets into the Black Library again
>forced out (again) but learns how to free Magnus from Tzeentch
>Magnus and Tsons are invading Terra with Abbadon
>Ahriman does the thing
>Magnus realizes that he was being used and gets pissed off
>attacks Abaddon to protect Papa Emps
>Tzeentch takes away Magnus' daemon primarch abilities at the last second
>Abaddon kills Magnus, giving Cypher enough time to ice the fucker and save Emps

How much out of shit do you give this theory/fic/REALLY hopeful headcanon?

40k seems like the setting where lot of chaos guys go "Yeah it was immediatly obvious i got played when I did it but what choice do I have now?"

I think Magnus is on that boat, that and the fact that tzeentch's manipulations dont change the fact leman is a shit.

0/10 Magnus dies
I just want him to return to the Imperium

I want him and Leman to brofist and fight side-by-side but that sure as fuck's never gonna happen, so here we are.

Advancing the setting is a mistake. It's bringing all the noblebright faggots out of the wood work.

Besides how is that a redemption arc? Magnus doesnt even do anything Ahriman does? Having him be a token sacrifice to take down armless is just... plz no.

The obvious solution is Magnus finally takes his place on the golden throne as he was meant to, freeing the Emperor

Only to attempt to summon the Emperors soul out of the warp and kill everyone with daemons.

While all of that is true fuck you Leman the only reason most Chaos guys don't do anything against their God is because they CAN'T. They pledge themselves to their God, and their God then controls them. Tzeentch is keeping Magnus from rebelling because he has his soul, but if Magnus' soul was returned or the tie between them severed with Black Library bullshit, Magnus would probably "wake up" and promptly get uspet. Very, very upset.

And then the thousand sons turn back to normal space marines and then mutate into abject weirdness

Uhh... through magic GW bullshit logic Magnus' death would cure them??

Ahriman would reverse it if he could. And if is limited time in the Black Library gives him the knowledge to free Magnus, why wouldn't he also be able to find out how to restore the Thousand Sons to glory?

>Magnus comes back
>gets rekt by Russ again

Why though? Didn't Russ regret burning Prospero after?

Trying to redeem chaos primarchs is stupid on principle.

Why? Can't people want just a little bit of noblebright in all the grimdark?

Thats cains job

Better call his big bro, then.

Silly Russ, Vulkan is the strongest primarch.

Only redeemable chaos primarch is Alpharius, and that's only because he isn't actually chaos. His legion is fucking bonkers though.

>Why?
They are literal incarnates of pure evil.

In 40k you can definitely find noble souls doing righteous things completely selflessly, but more specifically in literal ascended daemons there is not some tiny sliver of noble goodness just waiting to be let out. They have long passed the point of no return and are completely aware of that.

I don't hate noblebright stories, but CHAOS DAEMONS don't fucking work with it.

ACTUAL daemons are pure evil. But the daemon primarchs were once human. Did the Chaos Gods wipe ALL of their personality that did not fit the God's tastes? They no longer have free will, per se, but isn't it possible that some of them still have a sliver of good left? Magnus, for example, was always very humanitarian and cared for normal people. He was also foolish and reckless, but he really did care. That's probably why I want him back so much - he was a good character before Chaos took him, and everything surrounding him and his legion is just tragic.

nope

>That's probably why I want him back so much
he spends his spare time magicfucking people who think that into automatons who mindlessly follow his orders

He may be the most badass motherfucker in any room that doesn't also have the Emperor in it, but he ain't the strongest.

He did that to some guys who tried to free him from Tzeentch, but that's just because Tzeentch had control of him. If they'd been successful before Magnus found out, I doubt he would have fucked them over.

Multiple sources hint he was, though. Hell, Horus was souped-up while Papa Sang was exausted and it was still a fight.

Exactly. 40k noblebright belongs exclusively in Black Library's shitty fanfiction.

Aren't the Cain novels some of the most popular BL books though? Is it really shitty "fan"fiction at that point?

Papa Sang was fast, agile, highly skilled, psychic, and could fly. Think DPS - speed matters more than strength, to a certain extent. Vulkan supposedly had to hold back when he sparred with his brothers because he didn't want to hurt them, that makes him the strongest primarch in my opinion.

Vulkan is the nicest Primarch though, he may have been underestimating his brothers a little since he cares about them. Also, Sang was all of those things, but he was also strong enough to manhandle a fucking Bloodthirster.

Vulkan was a pretty nice guy, wasn't he? Papa Sang may have manhandled a Bloodthirster, but the Bloodthirster manhandled him first. And don't forget the manlet Angron - he lifted up a fucking TITAN by himself in Betrayer.

Yea, but Sang wont 2 next fight with Kha'Badha after getting manhandled, and one of them also had a Keeper of the Secrets. Also, Sanguinius and Horus were said to be able to beat Angron, and i heard Sang faced him at Eternity Gate among the traitor legions.

Well shit dude, angel boy best boy.

Hail.

Goddamnit I remember posting that like a month ago and I'd never seen it on Veeky Forums before. Now it keeps showing up WHAT HAVE I DONE?

*sigh*
Hail.