Palladium Games can Kill?

So for the dozen or so people that still play Palladium Games (Rifts etc) and/or Robotech RPG Tactics, Carmen Bellaire tried to alpha-male the RRT comments section and got pretty roasted and bailed from the fire claiming health issues. RRT kickstarter backers all recieved the following update from Uncle Kevin himself about 20 minutes ago. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/comments
kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/comments?cursor=15949591#comment-15949590
palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=152872
mediafire.com/folder/13ozslrpo7kbc/LOTSASTUFF2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly in terms of shit that goes down in trolling Carmen wasn't roasted that bad. He got told to fuck off and had threats of $1 troll pledges on his Rifts boardgame kickscammer for threatening to hinder RRT Wave 2.

I think the dude has Bipolar, had a Manic Episode when he got all aggressive on the RRT backers, then went full depression when he came down which was aggravated by his previous aggression met with aggression.

Ultimately his blood is on Uncle Kevin's hands.

Getting involved with Kev personally would damage even the most stable psyche
Feel sorry for the guy but man, it's not like he wouldn't have been warned

Yeah, in general I'd agree. But given how much Palladium's own website, FB group, etc tries to insulate itself from recieving actual criticism, this apparently came across as a rude awakening.

I don't even feel slightly sorry for him.

He was shitting it up big time in the middle of a crowd of already extremely pissed off RRT backers who've waited years while Kev pissed away their money.

That shit was a hornet's nest in an alligator pit and he stuck his dick in it.

Didn't take me long to figure it out and my last info about Palladium was back in 2006. That kickscammer page is full of comments from people who want to kill a man, and don't seem to care which man.

I am reading though the comments that led up to this and they are pretty fucking mild.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Not even gonna link to that comment section?

kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/comments

Rogue Heroes posts about two days ago is where the shit started flying. Some serious salt in the individual update comment threads too.

Carmen was a proxy shill for Uncle Kev. Apparently their response to RRT backers talking shit about the upcoming Rifts boardgame kickstarter was to try to extort them for more money.

>failed suicide
Just accept that you're doomed to failure in every facet of life.

How many other Game and RPG Kickstarters actually have a body count?

I hope this one goes in the hall of fame.

>WARNING! Palladium Games contain verbal violence and supernatural trolls. The writers are very thin-skinned and any negative comments on the internet may kill them! Their histrionic temper tantrums may be hazardous to your mental health. Proceed with caution.

This should be the warning in every book.

Veeky Forums is always the place to go when you need to be disgusted with humanity.

He ought to have turned his method of self-execution against Kevin instead.
It would have been better for his mental health.

That is some fucked up there. I was laughing before I even clicked on the image. Downloaded to my phone.

You are dark, dark man my friend. But thanks for that.

Get out of here NMI, you have no power here!

>attempted suicide

the siembieda specialâ„¢

I haven't been following this and only played RIFTS a couple of times. Can someone give me the expanded short version of what's going on here?

Pic related is my RIFTS character portrait

The guy would have been given a fucking medal or 5000 if he had.

Who would go to a den of scum and villainy, through down for some help or I'll watch your fucked up mess burn and hope for it not to turn into Han shot first!!

Don't wish ill on Carmen, but he basically call KS and Palladium a bunch of useless cunts and if the backers kept out of it he'd fix big Kev's shitpile for him. If not he'd light the torch paper and watch it burn. Then threw his toys outta the pram and ran off with the ball.

He told Kev and Kev threw him under the bus at the same time as blaming the backers cause that cunt can do no wrong!

Better image than a lot of the front covers big Kev's allowed to go to press recently

The current drama erupted two days ago. Carmen "The Fresh Prince" Belaire posted on the kickstarter comments saying he could fix RRT and if the backers came to his Rifts Boardgame kickstarter to troll he'd burn RRT. A handful of guys jumped his shit about it and a few threatened to start a campaign to troll his Rifts Boardgame kickstarter. He then tried to kill himself.

Here's the kickscammer post that started it all.

kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/comments?cursor=15949591#comment-15949590

Oh so that's what the fuck happened.

Okay.

No everyone posts on here dude.

Years of posting on here has made my skin fireproof.

Carmen brought it on himself. He should have already known Kevin is reviled by many people in the industry for good reason. The guy's a paranoid liar who would stab his own mom in the back if he thought he could make a couple of bucks off of it. It's too bad he had to figure it out the hard way.

SKR and Monte cook take more abuse and haven't jumped off bridges. I'd even hazard meme troll targets like Angry Homo Kid or Jesse Slaughter have taken more abuse before breaking. This was coming retarded comments on kickstarter or not.

Yeah, my first through was "why is he even mentioning having a wife, much less consulting her on large financial decisions, doesn't he know that's just throwing chum in the water", but then I remembered that he wasn't posting on Veeky Forums.

Today is your daily reminder that Veeky Forums is filled with massive troll assholes.

I don't give a flying fuck what people think of Kevin.
Someone tried to kill themselves. It's not a funny joke at that point, you autistic fuckwits.

Thanks for the bump NMI. If you can't take the heat, go back to the Hugbox of the Megaverse.

KYS

Being an asshole then trying to off yourself when you can't handle the reprocussions doesn't excuse you from being an asshole.

Shit the faggot probably was just looking for attention to begin with and probably had no actual intent of dying, like a fucking teenage girl cutting her wrists and leaving barely a scratch.

I think it's time you left.

I thought I'd told NMI to fuck off earlier. You're a dumb cunt who has no power over here. Get back in your mod box on your own forum you power hunger prick!

Typical PB white knight who has to make it all about them!

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Palladium? Isn't their entire company history filled with drama of massive proportions or do I have them confused with someone else?

Kevin Siembieda is a lying sack of shit and every so often the chickens come back to roost and drama ensues. Normally it is Kevin fucking over his freelancers by not paying them. This time he sent his proxy into the RRT kickstarter to agitate against fucking with the upcoming Rifts boardgame kickstarter and it backfired immensely.

Frankly the company should have died as a result of the so-called "Crisis of Treachery." Kevin, the con artist that he is, convinced a bunch of rubes to donate money to keep the doors open.

Palladium is a good example of a company that NEEDS to fail. The fact it's even lasted this long is nothing short of a miracle.

Here's a (You) for your moment of moral superiority. Cunt.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything too bad in there. Yeah, the but about if people try to mess with his kickstarter he's going to kick back and let the other one do its own thing indefinitely wasn't great, but I've seen people who were even worse than that purely by accident.

Just to be clear. Uncle Kev claimed someone tried to kill themselves. There isn't a huge overlap in things that are real and things Kev says.

I'm half expecting a new fundraising drive by Uncle Kev to "help with the medical expenses". They could raise enough to cover the remainder of RRT (again) with that, especially if the SJW circles can be taken in with a story about the evil gamers who drove a man to suicide.

It's the fans!

and after everyone gets told to deescalate the situation what does akashic soldier do?
palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=152872

that's not escalating shit, he's just spitballing.

It's highly inappropriate and ill-conceived to be doing that at this point, but it's not poking the beware by any means.

Yeah NMI has already used his powers to modify that post along with many others

Holy fuck you people are psychotic.

Someone tries to kill themselves:

>"LOL GO BACK TO YOUR HUGBOX"

Can you even for one second of your life understand that harassing someone and trying to ruin their lives isn't fucking funny?

My, no NMI coming back on here? Must be hitting the delete post button like a trooper in the Nazi forum

If you bothered to read the whole story it was a heavy handed attempt to blackmail the backers. Nobody harassed him, in fact it was fairly blunt and to the point, but it wasn't even really as bad as his post at the backers.

Yes it's sad, but worse is that fucking cunt Kevin trying to blame the backers. Also posting in a public space, didn't even make it backer only. He threw Carmen under the bus and made it about him. I hope Carmen's family sue his ass into bankruptcy and NMI will no longer be about to puff the peace pipe of Kev

Fuck off, you shill. You have no power here.

Veeky Forums's one of the last few places where people can express their feelings about infantile, histrionic idiots without being punished by petty tyrants.

>Veeky Forums's one of the last few places where people can express their feelings about infantile, histrionic idiots without being punished by petty tyrants.

>Implying the histrionic idiot and petty tyrant isn't Veeky Forums

Mobs aren't free speech bub.

>Mobs aren't free speech bub.

Actually they technically are. See: Black Lives Matter

>Mobs aren't free speech bub.
They absolutely are, idiot. Morons like you don't get to decide what is and isn't free speech, at least not here.

NMI proving he's a massive dumb cunt and really unhappy he can't delete or modify posts on here!

1st amendment right to free speech I believe

>Suddenly we're idolizing BLM here

LOL, sure thing.

Carmen obviously already had serious issues if some comments on the Robotech Tactics KS page were enough to push him over the edge to attempt to kill himself.

That being said it is hard to understand how much people hold something important. By Carmens own admission he got his wife's permission (yes he is one of those guys) to take his profits from his work at upper deck and sink them into a Rifts board game licenses.

I wish him a full recovery. I also want the Rifts board game to get made.

The reality is Palladium and Kevin are broke, in debt and have been for years. A bankruptcy wont get backers thier money back.

I've written for Palladium as a freelancer. It took me 6 weeks of pestering then to get my measly $400 check.

My theory is that Every new release from Palladium is just enough to make pay roll, rent and keep the lights on. Pay the bare minimum to creditors and the printer. Kevin holds out hope a Palladium IP will hit it big time with a licensing deal. Thats really his only hope as his antics (he has been doing this unprofessional shit since the 1980s) and dated products are alienating long time fans and keeping out new comers.

Kevin will sell more of his "collectibles" he squandered the fortune TMNT, Rifts and Robotech VHS tapes made him back in the 1990s. Keep hoping for a big licensing pay day and keep pumping out Rifts books to squeek by. Keep snowing fans as best as he is able and blaming everyone but himself.

There's a reason that we've started abbreviating 'kill yourself'. People like you are part of that reason.

It's time we wipe this miserable excuse for a company off the face of the earth.

I urge everyone disgusted by this to hit PB where it counts: the wallet.

I'm writing every business partner that supports or supplies PB and telling them I'll be banning their products until they drop PB.

So far I have:
Harmony Gold (who can pull the Robotech license and end this shit)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group (who pays this waste money to license a garbage setting)
Oneshelf (both RPGnow and drivethrurpg)

Am I missing anyone? Kickstarter backers: if you're reading this, I challenge you to do the same. One voice won't matter but in a small hobby like this, 5000 sure as hell will

Studio 2 sells Savage Rifts stuff. Not sure if that's still PEG though. ACD is distributor for PB?

The "harassment" on the KS comments was pretty mild. I think Carmen was terrified of the idea he may have just blew his money on poisoned IP. I think he worked himself into a frenzy and made a half hearted sucicide attempt. People who want to succeed at succide usually do. Everyone else is doing the cry for help thing.

Savage Worlds Rifts KS itself a licensed product was successful.

lol Palladium is a solely proprietorship and will survive till Kevin dies.

>There's a reason that we've started abbreviating 'kill yourself'.

Yeah, because you're a sociopath.

Harassment isn't free speech.

Using suicide to get your way is not accepted anywhere on this planet.

I'm off to order more Rifts books to support Kevin and Carmen in these dark days. We as Palladium fans have not been challenged like this since the Crisis of Treachery when Steve Shirling embezzled hundreds of thousands from Palladium. We Palladium fans stand with Kevin and Carmen and we will never surrender! Long live Palladium Books!

Best pro-Palladium post so far. And you're probably 100% correct.

The big difference between Savage Rifts and the Rifts Boardgame is Pinnacle Entertainment is an established company with no appearances of being a Shell for Shady Siembieda. Rogue Heroes doesn't have that simple luxury.

>Harassment isn't free speech.
>Everything I don't like that people say is "harassment"

You're a thin-skinned child.

>t. first-time visitor to Veeky Forums, fresh from the Pally boards

>supporting Kevin

You should kill yourself

It is if it's deserved. And nobody in the gaming industry deserves to be killed off more than Siembedia and the people who work for him.

I am not a first time visitor to Veeky Forums. I've been here about 3 yrs. I rarely post on the Palladium boards. I grew up playing Heroes Unlimited and Rifts. I don't want to see the company die. That's all. I am a Robotech Tactics backer as well. While I'm not happy with the long delay I feel like I have gotten my $140 worth. Kickstarters are inherently risk they are not pre orders. There are plenty of people on the KS Robotech forum that are clearly trolling andvwhipped into a frenzy over a fairly small amount of money.

Did you donate during the Crisis of Treachery, shill?

Every time you guys make negative hate filled comments I'll just buy more Palladium products. I'm a electrical engineer that lives at home to help take care of my mother. I have very few bills and have a good salary. Helping Palladium in this dark time is the least I can do. I didn't have a lot of friends growing up and Palladium Books megaverse, particularly Rifts and Heroes Unlimited were some of my best "friends" growing up.

Yes I did. I got a nice book and a print which Kevin drew and numbered. I have it framed in my home office. Because I am a fan friend I don't think that makes me a shill. I freely admit that the Robotech Tactics KS has Had issues. That's one of the risks of bringing new products to market. Plenty of other gaming KS are way behind and late.

Cool, what's your IRL address? I'll get some people harassing you right away.

Hahaha...that's pretty funny too. Why don't you just transfer 1/2 your salary to Kevin' bank account, you could save some money on postage and shipping.

Don't be silly.

>thinks he's talking to 1 guy on the 4chins

>Thinks being some internet edgelord saying "kill yourself" makes him badass

We won't stop shitting on Uncle Kevvy and his lies and thievery.

Leave it to Veeky Forums to take a thread about someone attempting suicide and run it straight into the ground.

Dude, Carmen has had people threatening organized attempts to derail and destroy his attempt at boardgame that he has been working toward for years over a miniatures game he only wrote rules for as a freelancer, he could never affect getting their shit to them. He hoped to be able to push for new things and expansions if he got his company off the ground. He made a mistake trying to come back at these tough guys, and felt that the result was even worse than if he did nothing. He thought he failed everyone and his dreams, and tried to take the stupidest way out. I can't condone suicide, but I can empathize with how he got there.
It is a shitty situation.

So, tl;dr, pic related happened and Carmen tried to /himself

I say Carmen was already unstable and nutty to even contemplate sucicide but when you frame it like this it makes a little more sense.

And those same people threatened the same thing to Savage Rifts and if they did it there (I have no idea if they did) they got posts banned. Really simple policing of his KS comments would have easily kept it under control. The neo-luddites at PB can barely manage their shitty PhpBB forums so the Robotech kickstarter is pretty open of company controlled forum.

Had he ignored it, very little would have came of it and what did he could moderate out of existence. Instead he used gasoline to put out an electrical fire and acts surprised it blew up in his face. Angry Homo Kid took way more abuse.

Well, this IS the same website that caused a guy to shoot up a pizza restaurant because Veeky Forums convinced him that the Democrats were running a global pedophile ring out of their nonexistent basement.

Again, there are 36 people commenting in this thread, moron. I never said KYS. I know it's hard for you to grok what it's like being on an anonymous mongolian pastry board, but try to keep up.

Fuck me some people are dumb as fuck. Palladium Books are not relevant. They are a laughing stock.

None of the IP is worth a handful of magic beans, if Kev thinks any studio really wants his hackneyed crap it would have been a shit one like uwe boll and even he's stopped making shit films cause there's no money in it.

Even Robotech, which is Harmony Gold's IP, hasn't really done anything for years. It's not Marvel or DC tier stuff so it'll get about $100 spent on it.

I feel for Carmen and his family, after Kev torpedoed any chance of continuing in the gaming market after that long personal post. But for Kev and PB I feel nothing but contempt and I hope the doors are closed on his shitty business

Salty Robotech Tactics backers had been threatening and attacking Carmen Belaire's attempt to launch a boardgame company.
Carmen wrote some of the rules for Tactics as a freelancer, and has organized games of it at conventions. His first boardgame was to use a license from the same company that had sublet the Robotech license. These backers think everything is a scam and/or that this other project will somehow delay their miniatures further and actively try to drum up support in taking it down.
Carmen tries to publicly take on this problem, included in his reassurances was commentary meant to express that is his company succeeded, then he might be able to take on doing additional content for the Tactics game, but if it did not then he likely wouldn't be able to put much time on it. People took what he said as a threat against the Tactics miniatures they are still waiting on, ignoring that this man has no control over that, and lost their shit further.
Carmen sees this as destroying his company, his plans, the plans of his friend at the first company, and a failure to his family, and attempts to an hero himself, which is fucking stupid thing to do over internet toughguys but fucking hell.

Here are some free Palladium books in case anyone wants to play this abortion of an RPG.

mediafire.com/folder/13ozslrpo7kbc/LOTSASTUFF2

Oh, wait, piracy is ILLEGAL!

Oh My God, guys, we're terrible people! We should stop doing this immediately! The people at Palladium and their braindead fans are probably terribly hurt by internet piracy. Oh my.

Maybe I should a suicide?

He threatened to let Robotech Tactics burn if he didn't get his way, way to ignore the torch paper lighting.... Alternative Facts!!! Trump will be proud of you

Really why would I want something I wouldn't pay money for, let alone waste my bandwidth downloading and wasting my storage space?

It's like /pols/ practical joke that just won't end.

Is this the guy in question?

I thought it was done with, but last week I got some spam (I get a lot of right-wing spam at my job) with the headline 'PIZZAGATE IS NOT FAKE!'

Oh hey thanks man, I sold all my Rifts books years ago when shit hit the fan and the rent check came up short.

If you go within ten feet or Reddit in passing, go to the r/Conspiracy board, Pizzagate is pretty much the new 9/11 to those folks

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he's doing.

Nah, I get my chuckles from FreedomOutpost, ConservativeHQ, BlabberBuzz, etc.

Yes the white guy on the left is Carmen. I only met him once he was very friendly and kind. Gave me a free S igned copy of Splicers at Adepticon.

I just re-read this and my that's a sad story. Even sadder that you wasted money on poor rpg's and made even worse by your Stockholm syndrome with still buying it.

Look around at the RPGs out there that have evolved and are actually groundbreaking and supported not just words typed by your 'messiah' and his legion(small group not really a legion)of yes men.

Evolve you poor trapped little fucker. I nearly shed a tear for you

>Implying you should take anything on Veeky Forums seriously

You do realize that now that you've brought it up there's going to be even more people making fun of this just to fuck with you?

What does it matter what we say anyway, we're literally just words on a screen. No one has any idea what our actual thoughts are or even how many people are posting ITT. There's no weight behind out words, why should you care what some nameless faceless voices say? Anonymity means we can say whatever we want, but it also means no one has any reason to listen to what you say. So fuck off with your moral high ground shit, it won't get you anywhere here.